PDA

View Full Version : Funny Thumbs

Gadzoox
Mar 14th, 2003, 02:45 PM
Anyone here a fan of Steve Oedekerk's movies/filmettes?

His most recent full length flm was "Kung Pow", which really isn't funny unless you know that it was originally an old Japanese film, just dubbed over, and every actor has his voice!! It's funny.

He's also done
'Thumb Wars', a parody of 'Star Wars'
'Thumbtanic', a parody of 'Titanic'
'Frankenthumb', parody of 'Frankenstein'
'Bat Thumb', parody of 'Bat man'
'The Blair Thumb Project', parody of 'The Blair Witch Project'
'The Godthumb', parody of 'The Godfather'

It's really hilarious becuause all ofthese are only about 30 mins. long and instead of people, guess what he uses... THUMBS!!!

http://www.dvdisc.co.uk/acatalog/steve_o.jpg

Actually if you rent the Kung Pow DVD, there's a thing called "The Paniced Thumb", a short clip taken from 'Thumb Wars', so you can get a taste of what his thumb-movies are about!

Apparently he's done 'Jimmy Neutron' and 'Santa Vs. The Snowman', which were CG movies methinks. AND had a part in the movie 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective' too!

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen any of these... ehehe, I just saw 'Thumbtanic', and I'm going to rent the others later. Heee, Cyclops-thumb!

You can check out his web site at www.theochannel.com

Pu the Owl
Mar 14th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Ohhh! I'd love to see Thumb Wars!!! Unfortunately, I doubt I'll ever get the chance to watch those masterpieces... :(

mark0™
Mar 14th, 2003, 03:43 PM
Hmm, Paramount Comedy (in the UK) was showing "Thumb Wars" a while back, and I thought it looked crap. Its bound to be shown again so I'll watch it as youve recommended it so :happy:

ssjtrunks13
Mar 14th, 2003, 10:35 PM
I've only seen part of kung Pow, this 'thumb wars' thing sounds cool. Who was he in 'Ace Ventura: Pet Detective'?

Big Dude
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:12 PM
:laugh: ROFLMAO!!! :laugh: That is the funnyest thing Ive ever seen! :laugh: Thumbtanic's Trailer was hilarious! Thumb Wars looks pretty good too.

Gadzoox
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:21 PM
Why not Fortune?? You can't rent them where you live? How devastating!!!

Hehe well it's really stupid funny!! Everything about it is stupidly genious!! :laugh:

I think he was a director or something in Ace Ventura, don't think he actually played a role in it, just a part in creating it. :)

Beretta55
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:29 PM
I really liked kung pow enter the fist. the voice's were great:laugh:
advisor: hey! i speak for everyone when i say we dont want to lose anymore toes here. now if you excuse master pain....errrrrrr betty it's 12'o clock and time for his nap. come on betty.
betty: mmmmmmmm.....sleepy,sleep time
:laugh:

but i have seen some of the thumb war's movie's to rent at blockbuster. i might check them out sometime.

kupoartist
Mar 16th, 2003, 02:14 PM
never seen the thumbs :( ... "adam & joe" did small sketches using toys once though... I believe there was "ToyTrain Spotting", "American Beautoy" and one that was supposed to be "the english patient" - "oh! i think i'm just about to have an oscar award winning flashback"

:laugh:

well ok... you had to be there :disturb:

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 28th, 2003, 04:21 AM
I finally got around to watching Thumb Wars. FREAKIN HILARIOUS!!! Thanks so much Zoox!! If you haven't watched these, you're missing out.

Originally posted by Fortune
Ohhh! I'd love to see Thumb Wars!!! Unfortunately, I doubt I'll ever get the chance to watch those masterpieces... :(

All Im gonna say is. . . . . . . . p2p

EDIT - Crunchy rules! :laugh:

Cannibal Clown
Mar 28th, 2003, 03:05 PM
My friend and i just recently downloaded thumbwars, bat thumb, the blair thumb, and Thumbtanic. Thumb wars and the blair thumb were definatly the funniest. I never knew that there was a godthumb. I'll have to look into that. But yes, they are very funny, and i laughed my ass off when i first saw em, and i think that they are still funny.

Gadzoox
Mar 30th, 2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini
Thanks so much Zoox

Hahahaa!! No problem! I'm happy I could contribute to making people laugh! :D

I'm also glad I'm not the only one who likes these thumb things!!! ;)