PDA

View Full Version : 8 mile DVD

trunks69420
Mar 13th, 2003, 05:22 PM
Well i am superior to everyone here... at least for the moment...(ha ha... dont take me seriously). I am taking advantage of my videostore outlet and i already have the DVD. It is awesome... all the awesomeness of the theater experience w/out the idiots in the theater!
The Rap Battles start out slow... but then towards the end... em starts lacing into random MC's.... AWESOME!!
The Superman video is OK.... but i dont like it that much... Well i just wanted to gloat and give everyone a place to talk about the DVD in particular...

OH and HA HA HA!.... no offense intended...

dan da man
Mar 13th, 2003, 05:26 PM
Cool, im am defintaly going to buy 8 mile on dvd, seen it twice and loved it.:cool:

MakgSnake
Mar 13th, 2003, 05:26 PM
Damn, oh well..... I'll get it on March 18th..... and will be a happy humanbeing... :D

ssjtrunks13
Mar 13th, 2003, 05:35 PM
I don't know if I'll be able to get it on release date. My dad saw it with me in the thetre and he said he liked it. I brought up the idea to him already, hopefully he's listened to me and thought about getting it.

XxmandykissezxX
Mar 13th, 2003, 05:51 PM
I see most of the people here like Eminem :)

As for the movie, i'm not sure if I liked it enough to go out and buy it, but yea..the freestylin' was awesome! :)

I particularly like this one (http://www.misty-angel.com/lotto.mp3)

Redpyramidhead
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:14 PM
Yeah I'm one of those people who hasnt seen it yet. I will definately be checking it out next week though.
Random thing...I was in the video store the other day and they were showing a trailer for the movie...well some little kid couldnt be more than 10 was all grooving ou tto it and knew all the words and was asking his parents to rent it. WTF?!? What kind of parents let their kids listen to Eminem?? It's wrong on so many levels I'm just too tired to rant about it right now.

_RED_ stuff

trunks69420
Mar 14th, 2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

Yeah I'm one of those people who hasnt seen it yet. I will definately be checking it out next week though.
Random thing...I was in the video store the other day and they were showing a trailer for the movie...well some little kid couldnt be more than 10 was all grooving ou tto it and knew all the words and was asking his parents to rent it. WTF?!? What kind of parents let their kids listen to Eminem?? It's wrong on so many levels I'm just too tired to rant about it right now.

_RED_ stuff

I AGREE!!! I hate that parents complain about movies and vid games being so bad and then dont censor them being shown or played in their own homes... Its as Em himself said"Dont blame me if lil eric jumps off of a terrace, you shouldof been watchin him.... Apparently you aint parents."(_Never Knew... marhall mahtersLP) NEways... i know when 8mile came into the theater em himself had special regualtions for id... or accompying parent things for it... i havent been working at the video store as much w/ my new job so i dont know if there are special regs. anyways. I personally enjoy being an Ahole to children trying to rent/buy adult material. I always ask for ID and if their parents are with them i educate the parents as to what the kids are watching/playing.

Sometimes this doesnt even matter though. Even when knowing the same"10" year old will be allowed by their parents to do it anyways.... then they wonder why kids are the way they are today... ANyways back to topic...

I watched the movie again last night and i am prob gonna watch it again today. If you guys want to discuss censorship in this thread... i have no problem w/ it.

Beretta55
Mar 15th, 2003, 06:04 AM
I havent seen the movie but i will rent it of course. like i do with every other movie:cool:

jjmoohead
Mar 16th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Just 2 more sleeps until 8-mile, oh its going to be a great great day!

ssjtrunks13
Mar 16th, 2003, 07:46 PM
Yeah, I can't wait tog et it and see the Superman music video.

dan da man
Mar 17th, 2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Beretta55

I havent seen the movie but i will rent it of course. like i do with every other movie:cool:

I do that with most movies too, it is out today right? Im might order it over the net.

trunks69420
Mar 17th, 2003, 06:12 PM
Tommorow... i hope to get the xtra sountrack from the movie soon. Hope you like it dan... let us know!

jjmoohead
Mar 17th, 2003, 06:24 PM
1 more sleep im so excited

ssjtrunks13
Mar 17th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by trunks69420

Tommorow... i hope to get the xtra sountrack from the movie soon. Hope you like it dan... let us know!

Are you talking about the More Music from 8 Mile CD? I loved it and I like the movie. Have I ever mentioned that my favorite part is where Em is making up new words to "Sweet Home Alabama"?:cool:

trunks69420
Mar 17th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Are you talking about the More Music from 8 Mile CD? I loved it and I like the movie. Have I ever mentioned that my favorite part is where Em is making up new words to "Sweet Home Alabama"?:cool:

Cause i live at home in a trailer! i love that too!! I will buy that in a couple of weeks... gotta date this coming weekend and its gonna cost me. Plus just got another new game(see"otherconsoles:yes!!) that cost me bunches. May have to tone down the spending a tad. I was eyeing it the other day(more music....) but i bought the European import of Marshall Mathers LP w/ the manson remix of the way i am... among others.

MakgSnake
Mar 18th, 2003, 04:52 PM
What do you guys think of all the extras in the DVD... now that I have finally gotten it today..........Damn in my opinion, its the small battles..... man Em really f*cked every single one of them eh.....

Plus the SuperMan Video........... shit.... it was pretty intresting.... I cant believe, complete nudity was there..... it could have been more funny and hot but oh well... still nice.

But SuperMc did a pretty good job, he was lucky Em didn't battle back with him, cause he seriously kinda got Em on that one way battle.

What do you guys think?

ssjtrunks13
Mar 18th, 2003, 05:07 PM
I doesn't surprise me. I think he made up for the beginning with the competition he won.

jjmoohead
Mar 18th, 2003, 08:22 PM
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah.

I got it today already watched all the extra's too. man i forgot how much i loved that movie. I just love how i got up and sang the battles at the end all my friends were like what the hell, how you know that stuff, and i said 7 times in a theater...

trunks69420
Mar 20th, 2003, 06:28 PM
To all of you who havent bought this yet... make sure you dont buy the one w/ the edited scenes/videos!! I almost did but then realized what was happening... Just thought i would put this out there for all of you planning to purchase!

MakgSnake
Mar 20th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by trunks69420

To all of you who havent bought this yet... make sure you dont buy the one w/ the edited scenes/videos!! I almost did but then realized what was happening... Just thought i would put this out there for all of you planning to purchase!
Oh seriously, thats so true...... people get confused, there are FOUR different version of this movie....... Censored FullScreen/WideScreen......... and Uncensored FullScreen/WideScreen....... all the customers have been coming back for getting the wrong..... inspite of the BIG NOTE we have put right infront of the DVDs that 8Mile Dvd has 4 different version, make sure which one you are picking, STILL they are just blind people!

ssjtrunks13
Mar 21st, 2003, 05:30 PM
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the heads up before me and my dad go out to pick it up. Some of us don't look at the DVD case closely and usually end up with the worng version, usually we pick up widescreen instead of Fullscreen, thanks again.

jjmoohead
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:18 PM
8-mile Fullscreen is what mine says, and it says unsensored bonus material....

do i have the unsensored one then?