PDA

View Full Version : Freedom Fries!

Preventer Wind
Mar 12th, 2003, 09:31 PM
For those that live in the US we have seen our tax dollars go to great use, once again. It was announced that in the Congress Cafeteria french fries will now be called freedom fries. This is due to the French not backing us in the war and some other things. I must point out that french fries are not french. This is not just for fries but for anything with french in it that is a food. (French Dressing is now Freedom Dressing. French toast, yep, Freedom Toast)

So the question is this: Are you guys disturbed by this?

Most people 18 and older pay taxes; it's the law. I see no point in holding a meeting over this! Why can they not sit down and discuss more pressing matters? I guess the majority of people voted for these guys (Not Bush though).

sk8er_kyle
Mar 12th, 2003, 10:59 PM
Thats so sad how they changed the name. I mean who cares if the french aren't helping the US. I live in canada and as far as I know we haven't changed the name of french fries.

happy_doughnut
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:31 AM
This country really does some stupid and inconprehensible things sometimes. This seems like a tantrum to me.
Kyle's right, so what if the French aren't backing the U$ for the war ? I think they might be the only sane nation, if they think that way.

I don't know... but sometimes things such as these seem ludicrous and seem to have no sense in them at all.

And now then, freedom fries ? What kinda of idiotic name is THAT ? Bah.

Are they going to call oil holy water now ? :sarcasm:

DSgamer
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:37 AM
this is one of the most retarted things in the world imagine this, ur hanging out with homies and u go "hey ya'll, ya'll wanna eat some freedom fries??"

Gadzoox
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:04 AM
*simply laughs*
:laugh:

Redpyramidhead
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:04 AM
Don't even get me started.........:frust:

_RED_ stuff

DSgamer
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:09 AM
red, dont get mad, have some freedom fries

*hands redpyramidhead some "freedom" fries"

btw, does that mean that french kissing is now freedom kissing???

Gadzoox
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:21 AM
AHAHAA!!

"Hey baby, let's freedom!"

..ahahhaaa!! I so would NOT be impressed!

DragonSphere
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:22 AM
Sounds too gimmicky...:disgust:

Hero
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:37 AM
Yeah that would definitely not be cool.

"Hey, let's order some Freedom Fries after we Freedom kiss, because I don't want my breath to stink. And you look hotter than a Freedom School girl!"

Next they're gonna have a meeting where they're gonna change the name of burgers to something really stupid like "Amerger's" or something.

they find stupid reasons to waste our tax dollars.

ssjtrunks13
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I don't like the idea of taking anything that begins with french and change it to freedom. Though I'm not into the whole politics thing I wonder what this country is coming to.

dan da man
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:39 PM
Typical of the Yanks, its all about war, no help, forget them......Im not bothered what Fries are called along as they taste good.

ssjtrunks13
Mar 13th, 2003, 02:43 PM
I think most of us here in america cna agree that they could just drop the word in front of fries. But of course I could be wrong.:cool:

Preventer Wind
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by dan da man
Typical of the Yanks, its all about war, no help, forget them......Im not bothered what Fries are called along as they taste good.

Oh yeah, they better keep that great taste. If not...then I guess I have to make my own fries.

Hero
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:23 PM
And call them Preventer Fries... And when you don't back me up in a fight with some bad guys, I'll go around saying "preventer wind is a woosie! i'm changing the name of his fries to Hero Fries!"

Nelo Angelo
Mar 13th, 2003, 06:11 PM
LMAO! Freedom Fries, how interesting...

But freedom kissing? What the hell? O_o *jumps out of a window*

MakgSnake
Mar 13th, 2003, 06:28 PM
Stupid things happen all over the world. Its Sad.

Chara
Mar 13th, 2003, 06:43 PM
Me at McDonalds ina few years:

"So can you supersize those freedom fries? And supersize that patriotic burger while you're at it. Aww... what the hell supersize the justice shake too."

Oy... :sarcasm:

ssjtrunks13
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Chara

Me at McDonalds ina few years:

"So can you supersize those freedom fries? And supersize that patriotic burger while you're at it. Aww... what the hell supersize the justice shake too."

Oy... :sarcasm:

Sounds like Saiyaman in DBZ. Anyway, I wonder how long this freedom fries thing will last.

dan da man
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Sounds like Saiyaman in DBZ. Anyway, I wonder how long this freedom fries thing will last.

Ummm, I was thinking that too, but on other forums, all you
Americans sound mad at the French, (dont worry im supporting you.;) ) making jokes and all. I think just your country will say Freedom fries, for some time, over here its CHIPS mmmmmmmm but if you goto mcdonalds you do say French fries, I wonder if mcdonalds and all the other big restruants in the US will change it to freedom fries, or has it already happened?

ssjtrunks13
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:37 PM
All I know about it has been said already, so I have no idea if McDonald's has/will change it.

Redpyramidhead
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

all you
Americans sound mad at the French,

Dont get the wrong idea of us americans dan. They're are a lot of us who do not support this war. Bush's approval ratings have dropped thru the floor compared to where they were at before. A friend of mine from australia was bragging about how several hundred thousands of people had gathered to do an anti-war protest in a nearby city as if nobody over here cares. As a matter of fact it so happened that on the same day sveral hundred thousand more people than that had gathered in New York city to protest the war. I just don't want people to get the wrong idea about americans. It's pretty split down the middle right now. And as for freedom fries...should we also forget that the Statue of Liberty was a gift from France when our country got started? Ughhh...this is ridiculous...like I said...don't get me started...

_RED_ stuff

ssjtrunks13
Mar 14th, 2003, 09:52 AM
I'm neither for or against the war. I just have strong oppinions on calling french fries "freedom fries".:cool:

mark0™
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:13 AM
There was a protest a little while back in Glasgow (big city in Scotland) and I happened to be there, man, I have never seen so many Idiots, Losers and A**sholes In one place.

It was a bunch of Stupid ass Goth Teenagers skipping school (technically, so was I, but it was going somewhere approved by the school, not that it matters) and all they could say is Basicallly

"Dont go to war, because killing people is bad!"

You know, stupid stuff with no real meaning behind it. They were also swearing, calling Bush and Blair A-Holes etc. Then, outside the army recruiting centre which is near by, they drew dumbass chalk out-lines with names on them to like simulate the deaths in war or some crap, I really didnt understand.

I'm not for the war, I am against it, but these guys, they had no points to back themselves up with and basically resorted to childish antics (heck they were children).

Just a day in my fantastic life I thought I might add... lol.

And calling them Freedom Fries, ... ugh, even though It'll probably never catch on, but Americans... they can be a little over patriotic. I wish I bought a lot of shares in the "Flag" industry before September 11th, I would be a millionaire by now lol.

Not trying to offend all americans here, but there are some americans like that.

dan da man
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by mark0

"Dont go to war, because killing people is bad!"

:laugh: huh not sadam and his nutter mental mates.

Tony Blair had his number plate broke on his car by some anti-war *******, how stupid.

ssjtrunks13
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by mark0

Not trying to offend all americans here, but there are someamericans like that.

Alright, I guess there are probably some of us americans like that.

dan da man
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Alright, I guess there are probably some of us americans like that.

Yea, quite alot. But just not your country, alot of others too.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 14th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Gadzoox
"Hey baby, let's freedom!"

Bwahaha! :laugh: Too funny.

Pffft politics. Booooring I don't even watch the news.....I really could care less about "current events"

ssjtrunks13
Mar 14th, 2003, 02:35 PM
I don't really care about politics or the news either. The only time I've worried about about current events is when I've had to find something for history or english because I had to.

Hero
Mar 14th, 2003, 04:19 PM
It's best not to think about it, because if it happens it's not like we'll notice. Buttons will be pressed and the castles in the sky will collapse, and we can kiss our 'precious' planet good bye.

I feel sorry for the poor fool that comes to America looking for trouble, because most of us are pretty hostile to foreigners as it is... Foreign invaders on the other hand.

Preventer Wind
Mar 14th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Problem is that we are all for foreigners (Except Indians, though they are treated like ones.). Too many associations you know. We got groups for blacks, gays, whites, men, women, children, elders and a bunch more. Why do people have to have groups that exclude people based on something they can't control? Not that every group is like that but a lot are. And when people aren't in that group that group thinks they are against them. This group for war thinks that these groups for no-war are their enemies and that makes no sense at all.

As far as I know it is just the congress cafeteria. If other places change it will be their own choice because congress would be violating the first amendment.

I am for the war. I think that we should state are real reason for going to war. If it truly is for having certain weapons then I am fine with that. But if it is for taking over the country then I would be angry. But these dictators need to be thrown down. Let the people of that nation choose who they want to rule them and how they want to be ruled. If they want a dictator then that is their problem.

Lost_myth
Mar 14th, 2003, 10:57 PM
I think it is tight. I'm part french but screw them!

FREEDOM!!! (Like in "Braveheart.")

MakgSnake
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:45 PM
I dont know why America is acting like a 2 year old. Kids at 1st grade do these kind of things.... "freedom fries".. my god. America has some of the NICEST people ever, but American politicians are just horrible in my opinion. I mean, just to look at this Freedom Fries......

All this is very pathetic...

MakgSnake
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:46 PM
I dont know why America is acting like a 2 year old. Kids at 1st grade do these kind of things.... "freedom fries".. my god. America has some of the NICEST people ever, but American politicians are just horrible in my opinion. I mean, just to look at this Freedom Fries......

All this is very pathetic...

Beretta55
Mar 15th, 2003, 01:02 AM
toast: finally! we got the respect we derserve!
fries: but of course!
dressing: we are finally free! viva la freedom!
:sarcasm:
i wish my freedom toast could talk:(
but enough of my antic's.
it is pretty stupid if you ask me. it's just food for godsake's. beside's french toast,french fries and french dressing just sound's better to me.

ssjtrunks13
Mar 15th, 2003, 02:25 AM
Yeah, I like all those except for French dressing. I could tell you how I think it tastes but I seriously don't think you guys would want to know. Anyway, I think there a lot of people here that would agree with calling french fries freedom fries is stupid.

Lost_myth
Mar 15th, 2003, 11:24 AM
I haven't heard of this stuff before my friend told me and ya'll posted.

I honestly could go wither way. But I don't care for French people all too much, they think of us poorly. The place is sure lovely though.

Redpyramidhead
Mar 16th, 2003, 02:44 AM
Everytime I go and order french fries or french toast from now on I am going to make a point to stress the french in it just to piss these dumbasses off. Heh...I am so bad ass:laugh:

_RED_ stuff

Berserker
Mar 17th, 2003, 04:48 AM
Bush is as hypocrite as a man can be...going around telling the world they are the defenders of democracy, sounds very honorable but where were they when thousands of people were killed by dictators in serbia, Bosnie, Yoegoslavia(???)... oh wait they are poor countries that haven't got any oil. I strongly oppose to Saddam and his regime, but when I heard Bush wanted to install an american government after Saddam's downfall my stomach turned. In a few years time( 10 or 20 ) there's is gonna be an oil scarse in whole the world...I think Bush is securing his nation of oil for the coming years...:disturb:

merylsilverburg
Mar 19th, 2003, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

And as for freedom fries...should we also forget that the Statue of Liberty was a gift from France when our country got started? Ughhh...this is ridiculous...like I said...don't get me started...

_RED_ stuff

That's right. This whole "Freedom Fries" thing is quite pathetic and really childish. There's really no point in going to these "extremes" of showing the US' "disapproval" of France, just because they're not supporting the US.

Originally posted by PreventerWind

As far as I know it is just the congress cafeteria. If other places change it will be their own choice because congress would be violating the first amendment.

True, but then again, there are some really patriotic Americans...and these people will go around trying to get everyone to change the name to "Freedom Fries" especially if they support it all the way (you know those types). Sooner or later, it'll probably happen.
I'm not saying that every American in the US is patriotic, but there are people like that...
It's good to know that there are a lot of Americans not for the war though.

ssjtrunks13
Mar 19th, 2003, 05:57 PM
Speaking of people against the war, I would just like to say that the Beastie Boys have a song on their website to download against the war, it's called "In a World Gone Mad". That's all I wanted to say.

Reid
Mar 21st, 2003, 08:47 PM
Ugh.

Freedom fries, freedom toast, freedom dressing.

Two giant countries behaving like little kids . . . .

I guess this is Bush's idea of foreign policy?

:P

Redpyramidhead
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:57 AM
I think so called overly "patriotic americans" have forgotten what real patriotism is all about. It's certainly not about being mindless followers of something they think they have an obligation to support. Patriotism is about what you belive in is best for the people of your country and striving for the changes to be made to make things happen for the people. Thats what government is all about...pushing to get things done...taking advantage of your freedoms such as the right to protest for what you believe in and get actively involved in expressing your voice so that what you belive is better for your country can have a fighting chance. That is patriotism. People on the opposite sides of the aisle on this decision to go to war are certainly both potential patriots. What I don't understand is people who feel they owe it to the president and thats the reaos nthey are behind the U.S. They should feel more like they owe it to themselves to have their own opinion. Our democracy is founded on the principle of people having and expressing their own opinions so that something may be done for them and others that they believe in helping.
Ok done rambling again...I don't think I said all that quite right it came out weird so if you don't understand it cuz it sounds unintelligent sorry.

_RED_ stuff

David
Mar 25th, 2003, 09:45 AM
That is so wierd.....freedom fries, I guess they are angry at France, for turning thier backs on America.... But, do they taste different? Like, you eat'em, then you feel free?;)

Kimahri
Mar 25th, 2003, 07:07 PM
This is da dumbest, most stupidest thing to do. That stuff didn't even come from the French, so its pretty stupid. And I got some French in me too, and I don't like that. Its like saying that Wal Mart has to change its name to American Mart, because the owner has disagreed to something. And if ya'll remember, in the other wars, the French took in American Troops. Many countries are not going along with this war. And also if Austrailia didnt back us, its just like calling the Outback Restaurant, Freedomback Restaurant. What is the government gonna do now. And I know that there is different cultures in this chat room that wouldve felt the same way if something like that happened to them. Its just plain ridiculous. I don't care me, cause I still am going to call it French Fries, and I don't care if they give them to me or not! This nation is getting worser everyday, changing names of a fri, I mean come on!!! :frust:

David
Mar 26th, 2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by BesaidX-2

This is da dumbest, most stupidest thing to do. That stuff didn't even come from the French, so its pretty stupid. And I got some French in me too, and I don't like that. Its like saying that Wal Mart has to change its name to American Mart, because the owner has disagreed to something. And if ya'll remember, in the other wars, the French took in American Troops. Many countries are not going along with this war. And also if Austrailia didnt back us, its just like calling the Outback Restaurant, Freedomback Restaurant. What is the government gonna do now. And I know that there is different cultures in this chat room that wouldve felt the same way if something like that happened to them. Its just plain ridiculous. I don't care me, cause I still am going to call it French Fries, and I don't care if they give them to me or not! This nation is getting worser everyday, changing names of a fri, I mean come on!!! :frust:

I agree with you, but if you guys have a problem with the french changed to freedom, go and make a petitition, so you guys demand for the respectful word back"French".

Kimahri
Mar 26th, 2003, 05:53 PM
Hey thanks David, I am starting to like this forum more and more everyday. ;)

David
Mar 27th, 2003, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by BesaidX-2

Hey thanks David, I am starting to like this forum more and more everyday. ;)

Hey, no problem man, im French....will sort of, but hearing that Bush is angry at France for going against him not to help him in the war, will, he doesn't need to get back at'em, by ruining the name "French". Like.....who would say to a girl, for a freedom kiss, like really. I still thou wish we could help you guys, that live in America, why, because you guys are my friends of course.

BlackThornn
Mar 28th, 2003, 12:17 AM
I've decided to add a little levity to this thread. :D

How do you play Iraqi bingo?
B-52 ... F-15 ...C-17.... B-1.... F-14.... A-10.... B-2

What is the Iraqi air force motto?
I came, I saw, Iran.

Have you heard about the new Iraqi air force exercise program? Each morning
you raise your hands above your head and leave them there.

What's the five-day forecast for Baghdad?
Two days.

What do Miss Muffet and Saddam Hussein have in common?
They both have Kurds in their way.

What is the best Iraqi job?
Foreign ambassador.

Did you hear that it is twice as easy to train Iraqi fighter pilots? You
only have to teach them to take off.

What is Iraq's national bird?
Duck.

What do Saddam Hussein and General Custer have in common?
They both want to know where the hell those Tomahawks are coming from!

Why does the Iraqi navy have glass bottom boats?
So they can see their air force.

Hope this doesn't classify as Spam. ^_^

Berserker
Mar 28th, 2003, 02:24 AM
HAHAHA, check this outsaddam from the block (http://www.liquidgeneration.com/poptoons/saddamfromiraq.swf)

P.S. IMO it's never wrong to try lighten things up with a few jokes

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 28th, 2003, 02:52 AM
Thanks BlackThornn, very cool. :laugh:

David
Mar 30th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Thats hilarious Blackthornn, im gonna copy them, lol, these are good, did you make'em up? Or you got it from the Internet?

Nelo Angelo
Mar 30th, 2003, 09:55 PM
For some reason, I'm going to post this link because I'm a troll. :B

http://www.idleworm.com/nws/2002/11/iraq2.shtml?

:O

David
Apr 1st, 2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by David

Thats hilarious Blackthornn, im gonna copy them, lol, these are good, did you make'em up? Or you got it from the Internet?

Actually, if I think about it, it's kinda being Racist. I just didn't give enough thought about what I said..... But they are good jokes, but kinda mean to the Iran people.

BlackThornn
Apr 1st, 2003, 10:17 PM
Y'know, I've always thought the whole 'anything-that's-unflattering-is-racist' dealy was kind of stupid.

Racist, by definition, means derogatory because of a person's race, or skin color.

None of those jokes lean toward that. None of them. They were exaggerations and plays on humor about Iraqi and American behavior.

(Also, I was, and still am against this war. But I'm not so hellbent on it that I can't have a sense of humor about the situation.)

ssjtrunks13
Apr 1st, 2003, 11:39 PM
I've got another joke:

Why are they taking out all the K MAats and Wal-Marts out of Iraq?
because they're trying to make a target

Heard it at school, not sure if you'll find it funny. That Saddam from Iraq video is funny.

BlackThornn
Apr 2nd, 2003, 01:11 AM
Bwaha. Pretty good. *chuckles*

David
Apr 6th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by BlackThornn

Y'know, I've always thought the whole 'anything-that's-unflattering-is-racist' dealy was kind of stupid.

Racist, by definition, means derogatory because of a person's race, or skin color.

None of those jokes lean toward that. None of them. They were exaggerations and plays on humor about Iraqi and American behavior.

(Also, I was, and still am against this war. But I'm not so hellbent on it that I can't have a sense of humor about the situation.)

AH, good, I'll start enjoying them again. ha ha ha ha, best one of them all, is the Iran airforce motto joke. It's hilarious!!!