PDA

View Full Version : The Pillows . . . ^_^

happy_doughnut
Mar 10th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Ha, I'm pretty sure only 2 or 3 people will reply to this here XD

Anyway, I heard a couple of tracks from this lil trio, and man... I really like it !
I first heard about The Pillows when I watched FLCL.
The sountrack from FLCL, which is composed of many previous Pollow hits, seems like something any Pillow fan should own.

I myself haven't heard the soundtrack, but intend on buying it soon :D
Personally, I like Hybrid Rainbow the best... it's very nice :)

I think Sawao's volcals fit in very nicely with the melodies this band portrays.

Anyone heard 'em ?

Reid
Mar 10th, 2003, 05:49 PM
Yes, The Pillows are awesome.

I've only heard their stuff from the FLCL soundtrack, but what I've heard I've liked quite a bit.

I'm not a big fan of a lot of the music in anime but they're one of the bands that stands out and adds a lot of feeling and atmosphere to FLCL.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 10th, 2003, 06:08 PM
No can't say that I've heard of them, maybe I'll check em out sometime

merylsilverburg
Mar 11th, 2003, 05:00 AM
Yes, I've heard of The Pillows...but of course, only from FLCL. The music is good, but it's not something I'd be crazy about.

Piggle_humsy
Mar 11th, 2003, 06:32 AM
I've never heard of them but im just gonna download one of their songs, see what the fuss is about, I haven't a clue what FLCL is? (Im guessing it's a film!) :confused:

Well I will get back to you on what I think of them!

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

merylsilverburg
Mar 12th, 2003, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Piggle_humsy

I've never heard of them but im just gonna download one of their songs, see what the fuss is about, I haven't a clue what FLCL is? (Im guessing it's a film!) :confused:

Well I will get back to you on what I think of them!

x x x x

No, FLCL isn't a film, but instead a Japanese animation series. It stands for Furi Kuri or Fooly Cooly. :)

Piggle_humsy
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:47 AM
Yeh I went and looked it up! Doh! Well I downloaded one of their songs : Ride on Shooting star as Hybrid Rainbow had a que of about 100! Not bad! I like the Guitar riff, Shame its not in english but still nice to listen to! Are any of there songs in english? I know sometimes bands do an odd english song....If so whats the name? (is this where you tell me thats the only song thats not in english! lol! :laugh: )

But how good out of 10 um..... about 7/8! :D

x x x x