PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 not till 2004

dan da man
Mar 7th, 2003, 05:26 PM
DAMN, im so dissapointed halo 2 is not coming out this year:mad: Oh well it will be worth the wait hopefully.

LINK (http://www.bungie.net/perlbin/blam.pl?file=/site/1/news/news_detail.html&id=A72CE2BD-) :mad:

DSgamer
Mar 7th, 2003, 06:27 PM
AW DUDE, THAT SUX SOOOOO MUCH!!!

trunks69420
Mar 7th, 2003, 07:50 PM
:( :( This is not good news. It will def. be worth the wait... But i wish the wait was over tommorow! Thanx for the update Dan; the man for all things Halo;)

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 7th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Thats ok. I just bought the first Halo. :laugh: (I know....welcome to last year)

The delay will only make the game better. I wish Rockstar had done the same for Vice City and fixed some of those little bugs.

trunks69420
Mar 7th, 2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini

Thats ok. I just bought the first Halo. :laugh: (I know....welcome to last year)

The delay will only make the game better. I wish Rockstar had done the same for Vice City and fixed some of those little bugs.
Good call on that one! I really like VC, but it was just more of the same... Hopefully this changes soon.
And i am still depressed w/ the Halo2 delay:(:( I better sing a song or something to cheer myself up!

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 7th, 2003, 08:14 PM
It's definately for the better.I'd rather have bungie take there time with the game and make every detail about it great.I wouldn't want it to come out and fall flat on its face.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 7th, 2003, 08:44 PM
One thing I hope they improve upon is the warthogs controls.

Very frustrating :disturb:

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 7th, 2003, 08:49 PM

Come now sleazy, its very easy.Just point the arrow in the direction you want the vehicle to go.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 7th, 2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake

Come now sleazy, its very easy.Just point the arrow in the direction you want the vehicle to go.

I'm talking about when the camera spins and you end up going in the wrong direction. Very, very frustrating......especially in the last level.

Beretta55
Mar 7th, 2003, 10:10 PM

I'm talking about when the camera spins and you end up going in the wrong direction. Very, very frustrating......especially in the last level.
IMO the warthog fishtail's way too damn much. i mean it's cool when you try to run over enemies but i have fell down cliff's many time's. cause of that damn fishtail.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 7th, 2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Beretta55

IMO the warthog fishtail's way too damn much. i mean it's cool when you try to run over enemies but i have fell down cliff's many time's. cause of that damn fishtail.
YES!! thats what I'm getting at. It fishtails and when you try to compensate, the camera sometimes spins around and messes you up. Anyways, the only time it really becomes an issue is at the end.

You people who have finished the game know what I'm talking about.

Beretta55
Mar 7th, 2003, 10:22 PM

YES!! thats what I'm getting at. It fishtails and when you try to compensate, the camera sometimes spins around and messes you up. Anyways, the only time it really becomes an issue is at the end.

Ugh i hate that part of the level on the maw:disturb: and my friend make's it worse. he alway's make's us race eachother to the end and i usally teleaport out of my warthog and have to run all the way.:laugh:

Edit: my opinion on halo 2 releaseing next year. im cool with it. a little wait wont kill us all plus the payoff will most likely be big.

DSgamer
Mar 8th, 2003, 12:48 AM
at least the wait will let me round up some money so i can buy it when it 1st comes out

kupoartist
Mar 8th, 2003, 05:43 AM
Bungie aren't exactly strangers to taking their time over their games (or rather, "game" :laugh: ). i first heard about Halo in about 1999 or possibly before... back when it was a PC game. I'm sure that many would agree that the delays that Halo1 were well worth lasting out considering what you can play now.

yeah, what you can play now... well at least "the PC and Mac versions are apparently still scheduled for this year"... whhheeee - there goes my incentive to buy an X-Box :laugh:

dan da man
Mar 8th, 2003, 08:06 AM

It takes time to master the warthog, but its too prone to roll overs, There going to be some new warthogs in halo 2, hopefully they wont rollover as much and kill you marines/crew, like berreta said too the fishtail is good for road kill, but you can easily loose controll and get killed.

jjmoohead
Mar 8th, 2003, 02:14 PM
Honestly the delay of the game until 2004 does not bother me, im going to get smacked around about this i know, cause I went through this in the summer, but i didn't like the first halo, so its not a big deal that this next one is even comming out. I didn't even find the most difficult level that hard, you just had to take your time. I will play the second one, I just hope they improve upon the game to make me want to actually keep the game.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 8th, 2003, 02:54 PM
Doesn't like Halo or Vice......hard man to please ;)

kupoartist
Mar 8th, 2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by jjmoohead

Honestly the delay of the game until 2004 does not bother me, im going to get smacked around about this i know, cause I went through this in the summer, but i didn't like the first halo, so its not a big deal that this next one is even comming out. I didn't even find the most difficult level that hard, you just had to take your time. I will play the second one, I just hope they improve upon the game to make me want to actually keep the game.
pennyarcade weren't over the moon either (http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2001-11-28&res=l) :laugh:

I've never played it tbh... I'll wait for the PC version of course...

dan da man
Mar 8th, 2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

I've never played it tbh... I'll wait for the PC version of course...[/color]

Yea I will check that out, seeing its the only new halo release now in 2003.

Hero
Mar 8th, 2003, 07:15 PM
<----- Is waiting for Halo on PC too... USERMAPS!!! :roll:

I loved Halo on Xbox, but honestly, some games don't please me as easily as others.

I find myself divulging into older titles like Star Ocean Second Story, and Xenogears. Some of the newer RPG's lean too much into another genre. Xenosaga tried to be too dramatic, and you end up watching it more than playing it. Suikoden 3 is good, .hack is too weird.

Harry
Mar 8th, 2003, 10:26 PM

I 100% agree with you and Beretta, Sleazy.

mark0™
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Hmm, The warthog seems really easy to use after a little while, but it had some problems. It was so hard to run over enemy some times when they jumped outta the way, seemed impossible, and on the last level, there was this jump, Which i could never make!

The banshee was by far the best vehicle, I hope they put Aircraft in multiplayer for Halo 2 :)

dan da man
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by mark0

Hmm, The warthog seems really easy to use after a little while, but it had some problems. It was so hard to run over enemy some times when they jumped outta the way, seemed impossible, and on the last level, there was this jump, Which i could never make!

The banshee was by far the best vehicle, I hope they put Aircraft in multiplayer for Halo 2 :)

Yea that jump at the end was long:laugh: you go all that way escaping the maw and you fall to your death and start it alll over agian at the last cheachpoint.

And the is YES for the banshee in multiplayer. Bungie say it in there FAQ.

kupoartist
Mar 9th, 2003, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Hero
<----- Is waiting for Halo on PC too... USERMAPS!!! :roll:
but only if Bungie are intelligent enough to release a Halo level editor...

User created stuff really does help a game... Considering that UT2003 and Unreal Championship are the same games, I almost feel pitty for you poor x-box users who don't have access to the mounds of amazing custom created mods and levels (some of the designs are true works of art ^_^) ... you just have to wade through the crap though :laugh:

Preventer Wind
Mar 9th, 2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by jjmoohead
Honestly the delay of the game until 2004 does not bother me, im going to get smacked around about this i know, cause I went through this in the summer, but i didn't like the first halo, so its not a big deal that this next one is even comming out.

I knew I wasn't the only one that didn't like Halo!

Originally posted by the_artist
Bungie aren't exactly strangers to taking their time over their games (or rather, "game" ). i first heard about Halo in about 1999 or possibly before... back when it was a PC game. I'm sure that many would agree that the delays that Halo1 were well worth lasting out considering what you can play now.

Actually the X-Box version was made in a year (The PC version wasn't :laugh:) So it was actually rushed to the stores.

kupoartist
Mar 10th, 2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Preventer Wind
Actually the X-Box version was made in a year (The PC version wasn't :laugh:) So it was actually rushed to the stores.
in one sense yes, but the x-box version is the pc version. Halo was originally a PC only game until Bungie sold out :laugh:

goodman
Mar 10th, 2003, 03:17 PM
Doesnt really matter since i dont have an Xbox. I did notice how the price on Vice City is almost to the same level as GTA3 on Half.com. That is the problem with sequels that copy a successful game, it wont be long before the popularity of it becomes thinned out noticeably. Im gonna check and see what a copy of another sequel (DMC2) is going for. I bet its fair, by now. For that matter, most games are worth just waiting for the price to drop since they do quickly for next gen games. If i do buy Tenchu 3 it will be for less than what they currently want for it, but im sure it will be worth what i pay for it... Probably check out ZOE 2 for cheap sometime...

Hero
Mar 10th, 2003, 05:53 PM
It's probably really low, considering IMO the First one is much better.

The same thing will probably happen with Halo.

Don't worry Preventer Wind... I had an X-Box and I thought Halo was only half-good. I think it would've been much better if it stuck to PC.

dan da man
Mar 13th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Its off bungies website, but this theme is awesome and beautiful. some resemblence to the original halo theme, but this theme is sweet.

Halo 2 theme music! (http://halo.bungie.org/misc/edgen_halo.mp3)

I dont think anyone knows if its official, well the game isnt even made yet, but try it!