PDA

View Full Version : Eminem's New Video.

MakgSnake
Mar 4th, 2003, 05:10 PM
I know this thread would not attract alot of members here, but I do know people who will be intrested in this topic.

I just saw the Video of "Sing For The Moment" (Latest Eminem Video) JUST HIT #1 SPOT at TRL!!!!!!!

So yeah, I just thought I would ask, anyone who has seen it and what do they think about it?.... I think its made amazingly WELL. But it could have been more dark and serious! Still rocks like hell.

And along with all the discussion I added a little poll about his videos.

So any comments about his latest video and the one you think is the best TILL NOW!

dan da man
Mar 4th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Sing for the moment is a excelent song, like the video too, I voted for 'the real slim shady' that my fav and thats what got me into Eminem propley.
Lose youreself is alright becuase you see some clips from 8 mile and 'the way I am' Eminem jumping of the building was alright, I mean in special affects and coolness:laugh:

Preventer Wind
Mar 4th, 2003, 06:17 PM
I voted for "The Real Slim Shady" I'm not into rap that much but Eminem is either my first or second favorite rapper (Him or DMX). I haven't seen or heard "Sing for a Moment" yet but I didn't think any of his other videos were great besides "My Name Is".

Edit: Wait I've heard "Sing for the Moment" and it disgusted me. "Dream On" is one of my all time. favorite songs.

trunks69420
Mar 4th, 2003, 06:20 PM
Sing for the moment is a great song(better by Aerosmith IMO) and the video is really awesome!! I voted for "Role Model", it is my favorite song and video! I just love the message that he conveys, and he is old school in that song. I have been an Em fan since the beggining... Well Slim Shady LP, not INFINITE... I was a church kid and didn't really have access... But thats all different now. Thanx again Makg for this awesome thread!

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 4th, 2003, 06:20 PM
I enjoy the song, he did a nice job integrating Aerosmith into it and I'm a big fan of both so it worked out well...

This video is all right but I don't preferably like videos that are just snap shots of artists on stage or behind it, it's almost like they got lazy and figured "eh, lets just bring a camera along during the tour and make a video out of that"

That's just my opinion though

Gadzoox
Mar 4th, 2003, 06:44 PM
I chose 'Dont Give A **ck', cuz i really dont! ahaha, sorry, I thought it was clever.

Aerosmith is in one of his videos?!?!!? what's going on here?! :mad:

dan da man
Mar 4th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Gadzoox
Aerosmith is in one of his videos?!?!!? what's going on here?! :mad:

no no no no, you got it wrong, eminem sings/raps 'sing for the moment' so did Aerosmith, now did you really give a **ck:laugh:

Hero
Mar 4th, 2003, 08:25 PM
Cleaning out my closet caught my attention, because it's an emotional song. Eminem is at his best when he's telling stories.

XxmandykissezxX
Mar 4th, 2003, 08:41 PM
I voted for Stan. It showed the actually meaning to the song, unlike most videos...weird. But anyway, Stan just made people realize how freaky some people can actually get.

Berserker
Mar 5th, 2003, 02:24 AM
Without me, cause I'm a big fan of the old school Batman series( sure brings back memories...), and an ode to that can never go wrong.;)

Piggle_humsy
Mar 5th, 2003, 04:50 AM
I voted for 'Stan' I love that video, has to be his best, I'm not gonna babble on about why coz it speaks for itself!
Can I ask a question ? Oops i just did...but anyway...MakgSnake.....Why is 'Sing for the moment' in the poll if you're asking which is the best TILL NOW?? :confused:

Anyway yeh I like his new song but it's been out here(U.K) for a while, I saw it about a month ago I think! But it is good and the aerosmith bit blends in well, I downloaded it off WinMx a few days ago! :D

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

ssjtrunks13
Mar 5th, 2003, 12:00 PM
Out of the songs I actually heard and saw the video for are really good, but I went with 'Sing for the Moment'. I just wish you had added Guilty Conscience and/or Forgot about Dre(I know Eminem is just featured in the song but he still had a big part in it). I liked both the songs and tha videos.

jjmoohead
Mar 5th, 2003, 01:46 PM
I voted for without me, cause its fun and humerous, but almost all of his video's are amazing. I guess it was a tough pick to make in my opinion cause i love eminems music and I dont know many songs by him that are bad, maybe guilty conscience is one of his bad ones.

As for Sing For The Moment, that was my favourite song of the CD when it first came out back in June. If you really listen to the lyrics, which nobody seems to do that hates him and just looks for one bad "desturbing part", you can see that its another public view of eminem. He says just let us rappers sing, and leave it alone, some kids have dreams and they get by day by day by listening to rap music, just like another might listening to creed or alan jackson. Sing for moment sing when you feel its right...do you people get it???? oh nevermind.

ssjtrunks13
Mar 5th, 2003, 04:02 PM
I understand what you have tried to say. People not only do that with Eminem's music but rap in general too.

dan da man
Mar 5th, 2003, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by jjmoohead

I voted for without me, cause its fun and humerous, but almost all of his video's are amazing. I guess it was a tough pick to make in my opinion cause i love eminems music and I dont know many songs by him that are bad, maybe guilty conscience is one of his bad ones.

As for Sing For The Moment, that was my favourite song of the CD when it first came out back in June.

Do you mean, the eminem show CD album, that was great, I luved most of the tracks on it.

MakgSnake
Mar 5th, 2003, 05:15 PM
I myself voted for Stan, excellent video in my opinion, and the way it ends, you can see STAN looking at Em through the video just really freaks me out but in a cool way. Awesome video that was.

But yeah, all the videos are always great........ just cant wait to see "SUPERMAN" video which will be in the 8Mile DVD.!. :D

As for Aerosmith, I am so glad Em chose that "Dream On" to mix his own lyrics to it. It sure is my TOP fav song of the album along side "Till I Collapse"..

dan da man
Mar 5th, 2003, 05:22 PM
Eeeerr....I forgot about stan, great video, good example of some fans.

Gadzoox
Mar 6th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by dan da man

no no no no, you got it wrong, eminem sings/raps 'sing for the moment' so did Aerosmith, now did you really give a **ck:laugh:

OH NOOO!!! He ruined it!

ACTUALLY I've never heard /his/ version, so I shouldn't 'diss' it until I hear it but... I can't help it! Sorry. :\

Beretta55
Mar 6th, 2003, 03:33 AM
I saw sing for the momet on mtv recently. i thought the video and song was great. so im voting for that one my second choice would of been the real slim shady

MakgSnake
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Gadzoox

OH NOOO!!! He ruined it!

ACTUALLY I've never heard /his/ version, so I shouldn't 'diss' it until I hear it but... I can't help it! Sorry. :\
Trust me, you should hear Em's version, at some cases its even better...... and you should listen to what he says, plain beautiful words thats all.

ssjtrunks13
Mar 6th, 2003, 12:08 PM
They are nice words, I haven't heard whatever song Em is sampling on this track so I can't compare the two. Here's part of the song(had to do some editing and I couldn't cut any part of this out because I like it all and the end wouldn't make sense without it):

They say music can alter moods and talk to you, well can it load a gun up for you , and **** it too?/Well if it can, then the next time you assault a dude, just tell the judge it was my fault and I'll get sued/See what these kids do is hear about us totin' pistols and they want to get one cuz they think the ****'s cool/not knowin' we really just protectin' ourselves, we entertainers, of course the ****'s affectin' our sales, you ignoramus/But music is reflection of self, we just explain it, and then we get our checks in the mail. It's f'ed up ain't it?/ How we can come from practically nothing to being able to have any f'n thing that we wanted/That's why we sing for these kids, who don't have a thing except for a dream, and a f'n rap magazine/who post pin-up pictures on they walls all day long, idolize they favorite rappers and know all they songs/Or for anyone who's ever been through **** in their lives, till they sit and they cry at night wishin' they'd die/Till they throw on a rap record and they sit, and they vibe. We're nothin' to you but we're the f'n **** in they eyes/that's why we seize the moment try to freeze it and own it, squeeze it and hold it, cuz we consider these minutes golden/and maybe they'll admit it when we're gone. Just let our spirits live on, through our lyrics that you hear in our songs and we can...

EDIT: After I posted it a word was censored, does this site censor words automatically?

MakgSnake
Mar 6th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

EDIT: After I posted it a word was censored, does this site censor words automatically?
Yeah it does, and that verse is excellent, I love it.

ssjtrunks13
Mar 6th, 2003, 12:28 PM
Cool, a self editing site. Also, the verse posted is my favorote one and that's why I voted for it. But number one out of all that I've seen and heard that's on or off the list is Guilty Conscience.