PDA

View Full Version : I screwed my USB port.

MakgSnake
Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:00 PM
I remember people saying that they used to take out the USB headset out after playing SOCOM and then used to put it back in and messed up the HEADSET for that reason.

So what I did was I left my headset attached to the PS2 all the time, but now when I do, and after that when I play SOCOM or GT3, my Ps2 gives sparks (I could hear them) and it jerks the sound files and everything. . But if I attach the headset to the second USB port, it doesn't happen. STILL I screwed one of my USB port. I hate that fact.

Any idea......to take care of this little problem which I think is a BIG one!

mark0™
Mar 4th, 2003, 11:07 AM
I can't help, but I'm posting because your title was so hilariously Funny, even though it's not supposed to be.

I screwed my USB port

Lol Sorry man, I'll post if I find out about it.

dan da man
Mar 4th, 2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by mark0

I can't help, but I'm posting because your title was so hilariously Funny, even though it's not supposed to be.

Lol Sorry man, I'll post if I find out about it.

LMAO!:laugh: :laugh:

This title sounds dirty makg!:laugh: :laugh:

Sorry I know what you mean, no help for you.

Preventer Wind
Mar 4th, 2003, 03:15 PM
Well if you use 2 USB appliances then it is serious. You might want to open it up and check for some problems. I've never opened the bottom of the ps2 before but it is fairly easy to do so. Check a search engine on how to open it up. You might find your problem there.

You could also cause the sparks from the ps2 to make a fire. The fire can burn down wherever you happen to be at the time and you can probably buy all the ps2s you ever wanted after the lawsuit. I would only suggest this if you knew you were going to win :) It's twisted, but so are most of the lawsuits.

MakgSnake
Mar 6th, 2003, 06:04 PM
:laugh: Guys I didn't realise how funny that sounded till I read your posts and all but still...... neways. Thanks for the help Preventer, but I really dont wanna burn stuff up. Thats too risky. :)

I know right now I dont use both the ports of the USB, but in the cumming future I just might (Not sure I actually would or not). Still...... oh well.

DSgamer
Mar 8th, 2003, 02:42 PM
dude, my nephew had this problem, too bad he had a warranty and traded it 4 another ps2 :(

MakgSnake
Mar 10th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't sell this, may be in the comming future I might buy another Ps2, and this old one could go in the basement or something. Awesome!!! :cool:

ToxicUK
Apr 26th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Goo idea. But wouldnt it get dusty down in the basement and that would cause more sparks if the dust ignited. I wud just sell it saying it works perfectly fine with packaging and a mint condition game I didnt like to make the same amount of money I bought it for... phew typing fast - oh well your choice...