PDA

View Full Version : Is Suikoden 3 really that rare?

id7fusion
Feb 27th, 2003, 11:50 PM
Hi guys, I'm new to this board. I found this site on Yahoo! and being that I'm a PS2 fan I thought I'd like it here. I bought two copies of Suikoden 3 at my local Toys R' Us because I heard they're hard to find and wanted to know what my best options are, in your opinion, as to obtaining the most profit from resale?

Thanks for the info.

I have a third copy that I'm playing, and I plan on using the profit to buy Xenosaga and .hack//infection, that is if those games are good.

Preventer Wind
Feb 28th, 2003, 03:18 AM
I don't think 3 is the rare one. Suikoden 2 for the ps1 is the one that you could sell for at least $70.00 You were probably better off buying all three games rather then 3 copies of one.

Redpyramidhead
Feb 28th, 2003, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by Preventer Wind

I don't think 3 is the rare one. Suikoden 2 for the ps1 is the one that you could sell for at least $70.00 You were probably better off buying all three games rather then 3 copies of one.

DOH!XD

id7fusion...return those copies to the store and trade em in for XenoSaga (which has received incredible ratings and I just bought it myself) and another one (check to see if .hack is worth it because i don't have info on that one) or maybe you could even have enough credit from one copy to get both Suikoden I and II. Oh, and be sure to keep the copy of Suikoden III you're playing because (well you've been playing it so you know why:cool:)

_RED_ stuff

dan da man
Feb 28th, 2003, 12:11 PM
I dont think it is that rare, but I have'nt heard to much on it, any welcom to the forum too.:)

Vicious
Feb 28th, 2003, 01:55 PM
Nice to see fresh meat every once in a while

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 28th, 2003, 04:10 PM
Suikoden on Ebay (http://search.ebay.ca/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=suikoden&categoryid=&ebaytag1code=2&ht=1&category3=15122&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&shortcut=2&from=R2&catref=C3)

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 28th, 2003, 05:19 PM
Yeah Suikoden 3 just came out my misinformed friend, so you can get it basically anywhere, now if you happen to find the first or second installments for the PSX then I suggest you buy them and sell em somewhere, now those are quite rare...but sell em after you've played them of course...

id7fusion
Feb 28th, 2003, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the welcoming. I've found PS2 fans to be more reasonable than XBox or Gamecube fans. For some reason, I get the feeling that diehard Xbox fans are ruthless cold blooded killers, that are out to no end other than meaningless destruction.

That's just my opinion though.

I guess I should trade one in then... Hmm...

I have a sealed copy of Final Fantasy 3 on SNES and I have a sealed copy of Star Ocean for Super Famicom... Do you think either of those are worth anything?

dan da man
Mar 1st, 2003, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by id7fusion

Thanks for the welcoming. I've found PS2 fans to be more reasonable than XBox or Gamecube fans. For some reason, I get the feeling that diehard Xbox fans are ruthless cold blooded killers, that are out to no end other than meaningless destruction.

I agree with you there, Ive been on the xbox.com forums for a long time and most of them are complete a$$holes, no mods or anything, its so out of controll!

Plug 4
Mar 1st, 2003, 02:13 PM
since when suikoden III suppose to be rare...i dont think ur gonna make some profit out of the two games that u bought.

Redpyramidhead
Mar 2nd, 2003, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by goodman
Oh, and RPH, im very much awaiting my copy of XenoSaga in the mail, it was sent out yesterday. Looking forward to early comments...

Hey yeah I think it's great so far... i will put more comments on it under the xenosaga (the saga begins... started by digimortal)thread so its in the right place...going there now to do so.

_RED_ stuff

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 2nd, 2003, 02:58 PM
Eh I started it actually, but yeah your right, it is taken off

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 2nd, 2003, 03:27 PM
due to the fact that they very quickly stopped selling the game.
They stopped selling it? Why would they do that? Its not they best game I've played, but I wouldn't mind owning a copy. The only thing I didn't like about it was the stiff character aninmation while running or in battle.......the battles just seemed to lack energy......Know what I mean? An enemy attacks and everyones just standing at attention. Is this the same Konami that made MGS2????

id7fusion
Mar 4th, 2003, 04:38 AM
I see copies still being sold on ebay for like 60 dollars. I figured I should trade in one copy and get a copy of either Xenosaga or .hack, but my friend said he Xenosaga has a painful amount of cutscenes. He said that he has 4 hours into the game but only one of it has he actually played.

He's pretty good with RPG's like me, so I figure he should be right about it.

methxx
Mar 17th, 2003, 05:41 PM
it is now gettin rare.. i must of checked over 40 sites (not including ebay since i dont have paypal..) and gamestop was only one that had any (plus i checked all my local stores around here, 6eb's, 4 gamestops, a bunch of targets and walmarts) and now its already backordered, its good i ordered the other day.. anyway i heard its as good as or better than ffx and ffx is my fav game/rpg ever so.. ;)

Wicked D
May 6th, 2003, 07:35 AM
I've found PS2 fans to be more reasonable than XBox or Gamecube fans. For some reason, I get the feeling that diehard Xbox fans are ruthless cold blooded killers, that are out to no end other than meaningless destruction.

Oh man that's rough... I own an xbox but I'm not that big of a fan. Anyways welcome...

methxx
May 6th, 2003, 10:52 AM
lol.. i think its different there.. i think xbox fans are missing out.. xbox has the worst game line up out of pretty much any system, it has halo.. o and umm.. halo.. xbox would suck without halo, and halo is the most overrated game ever. btw i got suikoden III a long time ago and it is definetly worth finding/buying because its one of the best rpg's ive played (and ive played alot hehe :))

Krazy
May 25th, 2003, 11:42 PM
I'd have to agree with Wicked D, I'm an owner of a PS2, X-box and soon to be gamecube, yet all the people I know around me are strict X-box fans and they are definitely bloodthirsty. its the same thing everytime with them...X-box has way better graphics, X-box's DVD player is way better, X-box has way better computing power. Yet, for me graphics and a dvd player are surely not something i need to have the best of in a game. It seems that the x-box magazine thrashes ps2 in every article, i've even heard them say, and i quote "PS2 is like a grumpy old man who just wont lay down his hat." Now thats just crazy. I've found a few gems with x-box, namely Halo, morrowinds, pso, but i'm still a devote ps2 fan all the way. sony has delivered quality and quantity in the past that you just can't beat with better graphics and a better dvd player.

Hero
May 26th, 2003, 08:11 PM
That's why I said XBox fans are gruesome. Most Ps2 fans I talk to are like, "Well the Xbox DOES have this and that..."

But XBox fans bash on the Playstation 2 every chance they get.

The Xbox might be more powerful, but only Xbox exclusive games use that extra power. Any games that are made on all systems, share the exact same graphical usage.

The PS2 does have the most advanced AI chip.

happy_doughnut
Jul 5th, 2003, 09:42 PM
I'm a bit surprised... Not so long ago, I saw an auction at eBay where they were selling Suiko3 for 80$. Mind you, I think that's a lot for a game that's previously been played.

I never really believed that Suikoden 3 was rare, but now I do.
Since it's out of print now, owning your own copy is quite a decent thing. Personally, I don't see this game at any local store.

*sniff* I own a rare game :weep:.

goodman
Jul 6th, 2003, 02:20 AM
ZS, ive been in the game collecting business for some time now, and the last thing Suikoden 3 is, is rare. Here is 22 copies with the cheapest being $29.

http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi?cpid=1117845414&meta_id=4

Suikoden 3 is not rare at all, as ive mentioned more than once here and other places...

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jul 6th, 2003, 02:20 PM
First, do you guys realize that by calling Xbox fans ruthless and bloodthirsty you are doing the same thing they do? Seriously, chill out. I like Xbox more than any of the next-gens, and I am not "ruthless and bloodthirsty." You also need to realize that just because this website is called "PS2Fantasy" doesn't mean there are no Xbox or Gamecube fanboys. Calm down with the console bashing.

Suikoden I is the best RPG ever, I haven't played the other two, but now that I know Suikoden 3 is out of print, I'm going to buy it ASAP because the store I work at has a few brand new copies.

goodman
Jul 6th, 2003, 02:34 PM
95% of the people here dont care about one console over the other, Suzuki, so its not a big deal. In reality there may be no one on this forum that makes a deal about one system over the other. But most will say ps2 is the leader and its not hard to say that, either...

happy_doughnut
Jul 6th, 2003, 03:22 PM

Suikoden 3 is not rare at all, as ive mentioned more than once here and other places...

Oh, but I had gotten so happy. Maybe someday I'll own one... maybe someday.

That link completely burst my bubble :cry:.

Side Note : Mr. Goodman is right; hardly anyone here goes around bashing other consoles. For the most part, most of the members I've talked to own more than just the PS2, and like them just as much, if not more.
I know I own 2 : The PS2 and the NGC, and prefer the latter best. :)

Hero
Jul 31st, 2003, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy

First, do you guys realize that by calling Xbox fans ruthless and bloodthirsty you are doing the same thing they do? Seriously, chill out. I like Xbox more than any of the next-gens, and I am not "ruthless and bloodthirsty." You also need to realize that just because this website is called "PS2Fantasy" doesn't mean there are no Xbox or Gamecube fanboys. Calm down with the console bashing.

The fact that you posted in response, shows that you do have some of the "bloodthirsty" attitude that Xbox fans portray. Just not the to the extreme that they do. For the most part, PS2 fans are accepting of other gen consoles, Gamecube fans are neutral, and Xbox fans are rather aggressive. "Halo is the best game ever, anyone who doesn't have an Xbox can *insert degrading sexual comment*!!!"

At least the majority that I have dealt with. Maybe it's because the Xbox can substitute as a weapon (how much it weighs), so it causes the owners to display a violent behavior.

Hero
Jul 31st, 2003, 03:05 AM
Oh yeah and on a sidenote, Suikoden 3 isn't that rare, so I'm glad I sold the brand new copies when it was a popular belief that it was rare. Konami actually sent out a new print shipment of Suikoden 3, Fry's has like 7 copies at each store, and they even dropped the price to 34.99 because of "Lack of Sales".

Preventer Wind
Jul 31st, 2003, 01:47 PM
Yep. I picked up a copy 2 weeks ago for the rare price of $29.99 even though I probably only needed to rent the game for a day and I would have beaten it since I was so close to the end:laugh:

Squaredsoft
Aug 10th, 2003, 02:31 AM
95% of the people here dont care about one console over the other, Suzuki, so its not a big deal. In reality there may be no one on this forum that makes a deal about one system over the other. But most will say ps2 is the leader and its not hard to say that, either...

Ninety-five percent, huh? Prove it.

The fact that you posted in response, shows that you do have some of the "bloodthirsty" attitude that Xbox fans portray. Just not the to the extreme that they do. For the most part, PS2 fans are accepting of other gen consoles, Gamecube fans are neutral, and Xbox fans are rather aggressive. "Halo is the best game ever, anyone who doesn't have an Xbox can *insert degrading sexual comment*!!!"

At least the majority that I have dealt with. Maybe it's because the Xbox can substitute as a weapon (how much it weighs), so it causes the owners to display a violent behavior.

The fact Suzuki posted a response was to defend his/her own opinions in the broad generalization that was potrayed earlier in this thread. Suzuki didn't attack anyone, so I'd hardly call that "bloodthirsty."

And actually, ps2 fans I've dealt with seem to be the least tolerable, especially big RPG fans... *cough* And ps2 is a good weapon, too... just look at those pointy corners...

Please do note I own all systems since Collecovision, and Xbox happens to be my number one right now.

As far as the actual topic, I can't find Suikoden III anywhere around here. After beating the second, I went looking for it, but it was nowhere to be found, and I'm not going to order anything online.

goodman
Aug 10th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Come on over to Fort Worth, i will hook ya up...

Squaredsoft
Aug 10th, 2003, 05:48 PM
Fort Worth, Texas? Hmm... Only a two hour drive.

luminis_knight
Nov 13th, 2003, 03:29 PM
its not rare you can still buy it in walmart...lol...and the reason you dont here that much of it is because it aint the good...any objection...if, then compare the story line two 1&2.

ops

i meant aint that good!

goodman
Nov 13th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Quite true, LK, even if it were rare, the fact is the game isnt really that good anyways. Sometimes people discount the fact that a game is rare simply because they stopped making it since it didnt sell very well. I played the first Suikoden and while i enjoyed it, didnt find anything overwhelming about it to see why even if it were rare, it would be desireable...