PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid on GameCube!

Vic Viper
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Metal Gear Solid on GameCube!
NEWTECHNIX.com is reporting that Nintendo of Europe has confirmed through them that Nintendo Co. Ltd. is working with Konami to upgrade Metal Gear Solid for the Nintendo GameCube. The announcement comes after Shigeru Miyamoto, while on tour in Europe to promote The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, told Italian press on Monday that Konami was working on the title. Of course, GAF reported this way back in the beginning of December, thanks to an inside source. Hopefully, a more formal announcement will come soon. Stay tuned!
Source: NEWTECHNIX.com

link T_T (http://www.gamesarefun.com/cgi-bin/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1046289841,9040,)

dan da man
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:09 PM
Great news, I never thought this would happen! hopefully it will be along time, sometime in 2004, so its out in Europe first?!?!?!? if so, first we get SH3 first, now this, cool!

It will never be better than the original metal gear solid, NEVER!

Vic Viper
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

Great news, I never thought this would happen! hopefully it will be along time, sometime in 2004, so its out in Europe first?!?!?!? if so, first we get SH3 first, now this, cool!

NO, its not a great news, well atleast for me its not, i want it on the PS2 T_T..

It will never be better than the original metal gear solid, NEVER!

i concur. :)

dan da man
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by king_freak

NO, its not a great news, well atleast for me its not, i want it on the PS2 T_T..

Hmmmmmm, I dissapointed too its not on the ps2, its only just hit me that ps2 is not getting it!!!!! I dont have a gamecube and not really aiming to buy one, I might pick one up in the future second hand, I want it on ps2 aswell!!!!

If this games has pre-rendered backgrounds I will not buy it, and shoot kojima and his teammates!:mad:

Vic Viper
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:23 PM
you never know, konami's in love with the ps2, so we still might get this gem..

dan da man
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by king_freak

you never know, konami's in love with the ps2, so we still might get this gem..

Yea if we are very lucky, but nintendo and sony are both Japanese and so is kojima, so he might be a fan of the gamecube himself!
Do you think we will hear anythink about mgs remake at E3?

I must say gamecube has a nak for remaking playstations games!:laugh:

ssjtrunks13
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:33 PM
I hope it doesn't mean the next chapter in MGS is only going to be for GC.

dan da man
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

No no no no no! you're mistaken trunks, it's going to be the original metal gear solid 1 for ps1 is being remade for gamecube, just probally to max out the graphics!

Vic Viper
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:39 PM

um.. MGS3 is already been annouced for the ps2 and xbox, so no need to worry.. :)

ssjtrunks13
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:42 PM
Well, I'll only get the game if I can't find it for PS2.

dan da man
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:45 PM

Well, I'll only get the game if I can't find it for PS2.

Erm sorry, I dont get you?:confused:

ssjtrunks13
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:47 PM
I meant Playstation One, I should have watched what I typed. Anyone know about the controlls?

dan da man
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:00 PM

I meant Playstation One, I should have watched what I typed. Anyone know about the controlls?

MGS for gamecube?!?!? no body knows yet, early news.

MGS for ps1?!?!? very, very simlar to mgs2, obvioulsy mgs2 has more gameplay feature than mgs1 (so more buttons to press), thats all really!

ssjtrunks13
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:33 PM
I already know about MGS and the VR Missions game. I just never got the chance to get them and then there came along games I wanted more. To tell the truth if my younger brother hadn't bought MGS2 I probably would have never played it yet. It's only speculation, got it.:cool:

In case you guys are wondering I have 2 brothers and 2 sisters, I have a brother and a sister on both sides of when I was born(I'm stuck in the middle), but don't let this get you off topic.

Spank-A-Thon
Feb 27th, 2003, 07:35 PM
Just to give you all a little more info. Take from Gamesradar (http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?subsectionid=160&articleid=64988&pagetype=2)Metal Gear Solid coming to Gamecube

[27/02/2003: 11:07]
Shigeru Miyamoto reveals that he's working on an unnamed MGS title. But what is it?

It's an old chestnut of a rumour that Metal Gear Solid, in some form, will appear on Gamecube. However, the rumour has come to fruition with Shigeru Miyamoto himself making a statement to the Italian gaming press to that effect.

Miyamoto is in Europe on a Zelda promotion tour and has already revealed titbits of info on Nintendo games - such as a new game in the works that uses the same game engine as Wind Waker, with ideas that had to be cut from that game making it into this new unnamed project (we think it has to be a Zelda game, although Miyamoto wouldn't confirm this). So it's in keeping with his tour to drop these little bombshells here and there.

Nintendo and Metal Gear are no strangers, with the first two games in the series appearing some years ago on NES and a MGS title appearing on Game Boy Color.

We spoke to Nintendo and they confirmed that Miyamoto is indeed working with Konami on a MGS title but wouldn't reveal any more than that. So we're still in the dark about whether the game will be a port or a brand spanking new title. However, for some time now the rumour mill would have us believe that a Gamecube remake of the original NES is on the cards.

Whatever the case, MGS on Cube is great news and we'll keep you in the know about any further developments. So by the sounds of it, it will not be Metal Gear Solid, but in fact a remake of Metal Gear instead... Very interesting...

- S

dan da man
Feb 28th, 2003, 06:31 AM
Intresting news.....But I dont want to beleive that the gamecube is getting brand new mgs titles, why not ps2 or xbox aswell...oh well. I really want a remake of the metal gears on nes and ps1.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 28th, 2003, 09:21 AM
Yes, PS1 and NES remakes would be wonderful news to my ears.

dan da man
Feb 28th, 2003, 11:53 AM

Yes, PS1 and NES remakes would be wonderful news to my ears.

Yea, Also so it will clear up all the mystries.

Vicious
Feb 28th, 2003, 01:45 PM
This is excellent news. I have MGS2 but i've never played MGS and now i can play it on my Game Cube with alot better graphics. Awesome.

dan da man
Feb 28th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Vicious

This is excellent news. I have MGS2 but i've never played MGS and now i can play it on my Game Cube with alot better graphics. Awesome.

Yes you can, but you should get mgs1 for your ps1, that game will always be the best, even if gamecube does vamp it up.

MakgSnake
Mar 3rd, 2003, 04:33 PM
Konami of America has confirmed that there will be a Metal Gear game on the GAMECUBE.

I just hope its not a "port" of the MGS1 from PsOne. I want it to be a re-make of MGS1 from PsOne instead (Like what they did with Resident Evil)

Or Metal Gear that was released in 1987 could be a great news too. Now just one thing...... I want David Hayter for this game as well. SERIOUSLY! I do!

Or could it be a re-make of "Metal Gear: Ghost Babel"..... :peoples:

ssjtrunks13
Mar 3rd, 2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Or could it be a re-make of "Metal Gear: Ghost Babel".....[/color] :peoples:

Great Idea!! Whatever it's going to be it's just another reason to get a Gamecube.

MakgSnake
Mar 3rd, 2003, 10:57 PM

Great Idea!! Whatever it's going to be it's just another reason to get a Gamecube.
Yup, up goes the sales of GameCube. :)

dan da man
Mar 4th, 2003, 11:08 AM

[color=yello]
Now just one thing...... I want David Hayter for this game as well. SERIOUSLY! I do!

Me too, the game will just be crap without him, he makes solid snake.

Nelo Angelo
Mar 9th, 2003, 02:01 AM
Who is David Hayter?

I'm going to take a guess and guess he was the voice actor of Soild Snake?

Anywho, this is good news I was only able to play the PSX version for a few days(I rented it).

dan da man
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Nelo Angelo

Who is David Hayter?

I'm going to take a guess and guess he was the voice actor of Soild Snake?

CORRECT, your just another guy, learning more about metal gear solid, excellent.:)

Nelo Angelo
Mar 9th, 2003, 04:12 PM

CORRECT, your just another guy, learning more about metal gear solid, excellent.:)

Haha. ^_^

I haven't looked up MGS news for some reason.

mark0™
Mar 9th, 2003, 04:20 PM

Me too, the game will just be crap without him, he makes solid snake.

I doubt Hayters Gruff voice makes him exactly Lengendary. He probably will come back, but I wouldn't really care if he didnt, as long as the replacement sounded similar.

dan da man
Mar 9th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by mark0

I doubt Hayters Gruff voice makes him exactly Lengendary. He probably will come back, but I wouldn't really care if he didnt, as long as the replacement sounded similar.

Well to me, solid snakes voice is superior, David Hayter does great job, but I HOPE he comes back.

merylsilverburg
Mar 9th, 2003, 05:45 PM

Yea if we are very lucky, but nintendo and sony are both Japanese and so is kojima, so he might be a fan of the gamecube himself!

Yes, it does seem that Kojima is a fan of the GC because in this one article I read a long time ago, he said that he would like to make a game on the GC...I guess MGS is the one. :P

I really don't know how to respond to this news...I mean, it's great they're bringing a MGS game on the GC, but if they screw it up horribly, I'll be really upset. It'll be nice if it was one of the classic MGS games. :) Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Well to me, solid snakes voice is superior, David Hayter does great job, but I HOPE he comes back.

I feel the same way. :cool:

MakgSnake
Mar 9th, 2003, 06:09 PM
I think one of the reasons (Which may not be a good one) but one of the reasons he likes GameCube is because his song loves it. His son likes Nintendo Products. The last long interview I read of him, he mentioned that the game he is playing the most is "Pikmin".... and the reason I would buy that game on GameCube would be just because Kojima liked it. Seriously!

Neways...... if Konami can work things out like Capcom did with Resident Evil.... this could be a classic hit in seconds. I am pretty sure it'd be good and eye popping.

dan da man
Mar 9th, 2003, 07:13 PM

I think one of the reasons (Which may not be a good one) but one of the reasons he likes GameCube is because his song loves it. His son likes Nintendo Products. The last long interview I read of him, he mentioned that the game he is playing the most is "Pikmin".... and the reason I would buy that game on GameCube would be just because Kojima liked it. Seriously!

Thats a alright reason, probally one more reason to add to the others.
Hehe makg reading some of yout posts are funny, you surely are obessed, but if kojima likes it I would by it.:cool:
Also I idnt know Kojima had a son, wow wouln'nt it be cool, I would always be asking him info on mgs3, and all his other games.:laugh:

Hero
Mar 9th, 2003, 09:12 PM
It's understandable... Hideo Kojima is a God. I hope that if they go through with the Metal Gear movie, he is the co-director, because otherwise the movie will be a flashback of "Street Fighter" with Jean Claude Has Been.

It won't matter to me, considering I have all three systems, but I think DVD-roms on PS2 have a better finish quality than any other game format.

MakgSnake
Mar 10th, 2003, 06:09 PM

wouln'nt it be cool, I would always be asking him info on mgs3, and all his other games.:laugh:
Yup, it would be cool, but he is only 4-5 years old. He is really young :happy: But yeah later when he grows up I hope he follows his father footstep and give my son and grandson Metal Gear Solid 15 or something like that..... :laugh:

dan da man
Mar 11th, 2003, 07:10 AM

Yup, it would be cool, but he is only 4-5 years old. He is really young :happy: But yeah later when he grows up I hope he follows his father footstep and give my son and grandson Metal Gear Solid 15 or something like that..... :laugh:

Lets hope it goes that far, mgs15, imagine that, just the thought of mgs3 blows me away. hehe.

Esjay
Apr 7th, 2003, 12:44 PM
I'd hate it if the series got milked that bad...I hope MGS3 is the last game, it'll be a good number to end the series on.

I'm really excited over this remake/new game/whatever for the Gamecube. I want to see what Konami can do with the Gamecube's massive amount of raw gfx processing, which is, I'm sorry to say, a bit better than the PS2s. If they can make the PS2's gfx look as good as they did in MGS2, just wait till they do something on the Gamecube...ahhh.