PDA

View Full Version : movie 2 game

Berserker
Feb 24th, 2003, 08:49 AM
Ever saw a movie and thought that's just a game waiting to happen?
I saw the cube 2: hypercube, the other day and I think it could be the ultimate survival game if a half decent developer puts some time in it.

Also a few movies I would love to see as a game but probably will never happen:
I would love to see some type of godfather vice city game where you could play as Don Corleone putting horses in people's bed :laugh:
Or some type of first person shooter of predator 2 would also be nice.

Anymore suggestions anyone??

dan da man
Feb 24th, 2003, 09:35 AM
Well, the matrix, but that is happening.

What about dare devil, that would be cool.:cool:

Berserker
Feb 24th, 2003, 09:41 AM
In what kind of fashion would you like to see Daredevil then??
A beat em up,rpg,fps....

Maybe sort of like old school double dragon that would be cool!

dan da man
Feb 24th, 2003, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by beserker

In what kind of fashion would you like to see Daredevil then??
A beat em up,rpg,fps....

action/adventure.

kupoartist
Feb 24th, 2003, 01:56 PM
I saw the cube 2: hypercube, the other day and I think it could be the ultimate survival game if a half decent developer puts some time in it.

Or some type of first person shooter of predator 2 would also be nice.
... the cube 2? is that the sequel to the movie with all the people in the cube with many different coloured rooms that have various different traps in ("i wanna go back to... the.. blue room")? Oh, and you could argue that Predator 2 has already been done: Aliens Vs Predator 1 and 2 on the PC (though was less fun playing as a Predator than the others... Marine was more scary, and Alien just plain cool ^_^)

Anyways, this is quite a hard question, as most of the big name movies are games... and those that are left work only as somthing you could watch... I'd be intrigued by a Event Horizon game, but despite the Sci-fi horror theme, you can't actually make a game about Sam Neil plucking his eyes out and sending you to hell. Well not a good game anyway :laugh:

Hmm, perhaps they could do "Pulp Fiction" as some kind of gangster simulation. Just with more irony. And I suppose Monty Python and the Holy Grail would work as some kind of point and click adventure?

Preventer Wind
Feb 24th, 2003, 04:01 PM
I would love to see a Star Wars game! Wait... I think that's been done before :laugh:

I know they have done Lord of the Ring Games but I would like to see a real time strategy. I think that would be so so so sweet. I would waste away at least a month making maps from all the Tolkien books.

I would definitely like to see a game based off of Gods and Generals or some Civil War movie. I know they have made some but I think one with an engine like Kessen would make for a good game.

Did they ever make a Planet of the Apes game?

kupoartist
Feb 24th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Preventer Wind
Did they ever make a Planet of the Apes game?
yep, i remember reading a review in a pc magazine, but never saw it on the shelves... the did give it a pretty low mark though

dan da man
Feb 24th, 2003, 05:06 PM
most films made into games are crap like-

Sum of all fears.
LORT: fellow ship of the rings.
Rocky, had to wait 20 years.
Terminator: dawn of fate.

Probally more but I cant remeber all of them.

It goes for the *games 2 films* they can be rubish too.

kupoartist
Feb 24th, 2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by dan da man
It goes for the *games 2 films* they can be rubish too.
:laugh: and there i was under the impression that only a few could even be described as "slightly above average"

Gadzoox
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:51 PM
Ummm... the Labyrinth?? :D:D:D:D

Berserker
Feb 25th, 2003, 02:16 AM
Yep hypercube is the sequal to the cube, the original was a great flick and so is this. Yeah I remember the alien vs predator on the snes but it sucked big time... but with the new found power of the next-gen consoles and the cool predator assets of predator 2 they could make a decent fps...

kupoartist
Feb 25th, 2003, 02:00 PM
Yeah I remember the alien vs predator on the snes but it sucked big time... but have you heard of the recent PC games? I can't speak for the SNES game, but these FPS' are quite popular...

ssjtrunks13
Feb 25th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Let's see, Parasite Eve has already been done. 8 Mile wouldn't work, I don't know about Cradle 2 the Grave either. I guess a better LOTR game where it takes yuou through all three movies and is longer than The Two Towers PS2 game was with more missions and maybe a different concept.

Berserker
Feb 26th, 2003, 02:03 AM
Cool artist, I'm going to see if I can download it from I-mesh. It's called alien vs predator, maybe any subtitles I can find it under?

Beretta55
Feb 26th, 2003, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by dan da man

Well, the matrix, but that is happening.

What about dare devil, that would be cool.:cool:
The funny thing is. daredevil is being made into a game already:laugh: made for ps2 and xbox. there is a daredevil on GBA as well.

dan da man
Feb 26th, 2003, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Beretta55

The funny thing is. daredevil is being made into a game already:laugh: made for ps2 and xbox. there is a daredevil on GBA as well.

Yea I just found out it was coming on GBA! but ps2 and xbox first I heard which is cool!

ssjtrunks13
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:42 AM
Just what we need another game made from a cmic book movie. it'll probably turn out like SPider-Man or worse. The Spider-Man video game was alright it just would have been nice if all the different versions had the same stuff.

kupoartist
Feb 26th, 2003, 01:47 PM
Cool artist, I'm going to see if I can download it from I-mesh. It's called alien vs predator, maybe any subtitles I can find it under?
none that i know, though I believe that Aliens Vs Predator 2 is probably the better of the two games... (and it does have a mission pack, not that I know it's name)... if you want the "superior" version of the original, there was an "Aliens Vs Predator Gold"

Berserker
Feb 27th, 2003, 02:03 AM
Thanx, I'm gonna look for the gold-version then.