PDA

View Full Version : Movie and Vidgame quotes site!

Redpyramidhead
Feb 24th, 2003, 02:26 AM
Gadzoox found the coolest site. It has quotes from thousands of movies and even a fair share of videogames:

http://us.imdb.com/Sections/Quotes/

Post your fav quotes you find here from some of your favorite games and movies here if you want.

_RED_ stuff

Gadzoox
Feb 24th, 2003, 02:37 AM
We discussed this movie earlier... guess which it is!! :D

"Well I'm gonna go then! And I don't need any of this! I don't need this stuff, and I don't need you. I don't need anything except this
[picks up an ashtray]
and that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this! The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. And this! And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair. "

Beretta55
Feb 24th, 2003, 03:04 AM
Porter: Crooked cops. Do they come in any other way? If I'd been just a little dumber, I could have joined the force myself.

Bronson: Tell me where John is and I'll finish you quick. I promise you won't have to find out what your left ball tastes like.
^payback

[Stealing the dead terrorist's shoes.]
John McClane: A hundred million terrorists in the world and I gotta kill one with feet smaller than my sister.
^ diehard

Jake Hoyt: That is the second time you have pointed a gun at me, there will not be a third!
^training day

Jay: Hi, I'm Jay and this is my hetero-life-partner, Silent Bob.

Jay: In this world gone mad, we will not spank the monkey, the monkey will spank us!!!
^jay and silent bob stirke back

Lt. Colonel Hal Moore: Our Father in Heaven, before we go into battle, every soldier among us will approach you each in his own way. Our enemies too, according to their own understanding, will ask for protection and for victory. And so, we bow before your infinite wisdom. We offer our prayers as best we can. I pray you watch over the young Jack Geoghegan. That I lead into battle. You use me as your instrument in this awful hell of war to watch over them. Especially if they're men like this one beside me, deserving of a future in your blessing and goodwill. Amen.
2nd Lieutenant
Jack Geoghegan: Amen.
^we were soilder's

{blake getting grenade's thrown at him}
blake: what the hell!?
Race: im sorry captain is that you!?
(blake reaches top)
Blake: yeah it's me you jackass! come on let's get inside!

Captain Blake: Now I'm gonna show you what I already know.
^the thing (Videogame)

Clark: I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off whatever it is.

Childs: You're gonna have to sleep sometime, MacCready.
MacReady: I'm a real light sleeper, Childs
^the thing (movie)

opp's i went overboard im sorry

:heh:

Vic Viper
Feb 24th, 2003, 03:55 AM
The Shawshank Redemption

Red: [narrating] The first night's the toughest, no doubt about it. They march you in naked as the day you were born, skin burning and half blind from that delousing shit they throw on you, and when they put you in that cell... and those bars slam home...that's when you know it's for real. A whole life blown away in the blink of an eye. Nothing left but all the time in the world to think about it.
-------
Red: These walls are kind of funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, gets so you depend on them. That's institutionalized. They send you here for life, that's exactly what they take. The part that counts, anyways.
-------
Andy Dufresne: If they ever try to trace any of those accounts, they're gonna end up chasing a figment of my imagination.
Red: Well, I'll be damned. Did I say you were good? Shit, you're a Rembrandt!
Andy Dufresne: Yeah. The funny thing is - on the outside, I was an honest man, straight as an arrow. I had to come to prison to be a crook.
------
Red: [Narrating] Get busy living, or get busy dying. That's goddamn right. For the second time in my life I'm guilty of committing a crime: Parole Violation. 'Course I doubt they'll toss up any road blocks for that, not for an old crook like me. I find I'm so excited I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I imagine it's the excitement only a free man can feel. A free man at the start of a long journey, whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border... I hope to see my friend and shake his hand... I hope the pacific is a blue as it has been in my dreams... I hope...
--------
Red: Rehabilitated? Now let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means.
Parole official: Well, it means that you're ready to rejoin society.
Red: I know what you think it means, sonny. To me it's just a made up word; a politician's word. So young fellas like yourself can wear a suit, and tie, and have a job. What do you really want to know? Am I sorry for what I did?
Parole official: Well, are you?
Red: There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then then, a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bulls*** word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a s***.
--------

Redpyramidhead
Feb 24th, 2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by Beretta55

Lt. Colonel Hal Moore: Oh, yes, and one more thing, dear Lord, about our enemies, ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to Hell. Amen.
^we were soilder's

:heh:

I have a problem with this quote. I saw this movie and to me when he said that I got very angry. It reminded me too much of our loose cannon and warmonger for a commander and cheif George W. You can disagree with me if you want...I am only sharing an opinion and if you view this quote in a different way or support different things than I do I will not attack that. I just thought that I would say that I think you might have missed an important point in that movie. By him saying this in the church, but then sending the journal of the dead Vietnamese soldier to his widow at the end of the movie...he had a learning experience there...to view his enemies in battle. THey are caught up in something bigger than they are just as much as him on the battlefield. ANyways, I just felt like saying something. Feel free to reply to this but other than that I hope we all go back to posting quotes.

_RED_ stuff

Beretta55
Feb 24th, 2003, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

I have a problem with this quote. I saw this movie and to me when he said that I got very angry. It reminded me too much of our loose cannon and warmonger for a commander and cheif George W. You can disagree with me if you want...I am only sharing an opinion and if you view this quote in a different way or support different things than I do I will not attack that. I just thought that I would say that I think you might have missed an important point in that movie. By him saying this in the church, but then sending the journal of the dead Vietnamese soldier to his widow at the end of the movie...he had a learning experience there...to view his enemies in battle. THey are caught up in something bigger than they are just as much as him on the battlefield. ANyways, I just felt like saying something. Feel free to reply to this but other than that I hope we all go back to posting quotes.

_RED_ stuff
I'm glad you pointed it out and im not mad. im going to take it off so i wont offened anybody.

Redpyramidhead
Feb 24th, 2003, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Beretta55

I'm glad you pointed it out and im not mad. im going to take it off so i wont offened anybody.

No need to take it off...it could be there are many other ways of reading the quote and I only took it one of those ways. It's definately an important part of the movie and an intriguing quote.

Anywayz...now check out the quote I just added to my sig about car recalls. I challenge anyone to name that movie!:cool:

_RED_ stuff

Beretta55
Feb 24th, 2003, 05:37 AM
im going to add some more movie quote's right here if that's ok. since my last one was a little.......long:laugh: (but mind you theard's like this bring out alot of me. thank'sf or thinking of this theard red:cool:)

The Wolf: That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten.

The Wolf: You know what you guys look like?
Jules: What?
The Wolf: You look like a couple of guys who have just blown some ones head off!

Butch: That's how you're gonna beat 'em, Butch. They keep underestimating you.

The Wolf: You see that, young lady? Respect. Respect for one's elders gives character.
Raquel: I have character.
The Wolf: Just because you are a character doesn't mean that you have character.
^pulp fiction

When Peter clicks his pen, it's supposed to signal to Oscar that he's rambling]
Oscar Novak: Hey, you have a Buddha! Oh, I love Buddhas.
[Peter clicks his pen]
Oscar Novak: They're like bright, cheery, naked Asian Santas.
[Sound of clicking pen.]
Oscar Novak: You know, I had a buddy in college whose name was Bob and we used to call him "Buddha Bob" because he was kind of fat and he liked to walk around naked.
[More pen clicking.]
Oscar Novak: We used to rub his belly for luck.
[Frantic pen clicking. He gets the hint.]
Oscar Novak: Anyway... I love Buddha.
[awkward pause]
Oscar Novak: He rocks.

Peter Steinberg: You've made your big gay bed and now you must slumber gaily in it!
^three to tango

see once you get me going i dont stop:laugh:

Berserker
Feb 24th, 2003, 09:43 AM
Damn Red I've seen the movie it sounds sooooooooooo familiar but I can't put my finger on it....help me out:shock:

ssjtrunks13
Feb 24th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Sorry to put up another quote to guess but I just feel like I have to. Here it is:

Justice: Alone, all alone. Nobody, but nobody. Can make it out here alone

Hylas
Feb 24th, 2003, 02:02 PM
ImDb is a very famous database for info especially regarding movies. It is quite poor for info regarding videogames... I visit it very often for news and info about movies.

BTW, sorry for being so picky, but what's the point in copying and pasting quotes from that source to this thread? I think we have another couple of recent movies (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5074)/videogames (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5311) quotes threads in Gen Chat...

IcyMourdor
Feb 25th, 2003, 12:16 AM
Thanks Hylas for pointing this out to us.

She has a point in a thread that lacks one. We have other threads that involve putting your favorite quotes. What is the point of doing so and put the site on which they are from?