PDA

View Full Version : The 45th annual Grammy's!

Gadzoox
Feb 23rd, 2003, 11:24 PM
What were your favourite parts?
Did everyone win who you wanted to? If not, tell us why that group/person should have!

-That tribute to the The Clash was really really great!
-YAY!! Foo Figters won for Best Hard Rock Performance! :D
-Dave Grohl is so pretty... :love:
-Where's BOWIE?! Wasn't he nominated for something? Does anyone know?! :weep: I want my Bowieeee...
-These ceremonies are always dragged out way too long.. blerggh.
-I think this 'Norah Jones' person won WAY too many awards!! Can she really be /that/ good?! Her speeches certainly weren't that... heartfelt, or something. :\

You can check who won what at www.grammy.com; though the search thing didn't work for me!

Redpyramidhead
Feb 24th, 2003, 12:11 AM
Like a lot of people I think the grammy awards have become a huge popularity contest, IMO. However, I am pleasantly surprised to see Foo Fighters winning an award. :cool:

_RED_ stuff

DragonSphere
Feb 24th, 2003, 12:56 AM
Still watching it...just saw the part where the Foo Fighters won. It's okay so far, but they're too many performances during the first half. :disturb:

merylsilverburg
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Gadzoox

-I think this 'Norah Jones' person won WAY too many awards!! Can she really be /that/ good?! Her speeches certainly weren't that... heartfelt, or something. :\

Ugh, she did win a lot? Unfortunately, I wasn't able to see it....this Jone's girl is just someone who plays the piano and has a unique jazz-ish voice and everyone goes crazy for her. It's really irritating because she's someone that's like..."not meant to be famous". On her "Behind the Scenes" of her music video, she complains about doing such tough work for her video and how the director must've been so annoyed with her because she was very hesitant to do many things. I mean, wtf? If you watch it, all she does is walk, stand, and play the piano! How hard is that? Ugh, her extreme laziness really gets to me. And now, she won so many awards....and her jazz music really isn't all that great. It's only something that appeals to the younger audiences who have no idea what great jazz is from bad ones. :disturb:

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 24th, 2003, 07:36 AM
Lets see this years grammy was probably the crappiest ever.We had coldplay beating out Creed,3 Doors Down,NickelBack and Aerosmith for Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal and then we had foo fighters beat out Godsmack for Best Hard Rock Performance when the foo fighters aren't even half as talented nor hard rock.Then that stupid Norah Jones kept winning awards.And the nominees for Album of the year were pathetic.Worst show ever.Even the performances blew.

Berserker
Feb 24th, 2003, 08:39 AM
The Grammy's have a history of dodgy decisions... I could remember one time metallica was nominated for best hardrock band and the grammy went to some crappy southern rock band( can't remember the name right now:mad: )....
oh wait it's jethro tull...you could hear the public boohing(???) for like minutes and minutes on...
The year after I guess metallica won but it was a shame all together.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 24th, 2003, 09:44 AM
I just saw a little bit of Eminem's performance at 11:40. I have it tapped at home, so when I get backl I'll just look for what I think are the main higlights of the thing.

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 24th, 2003, 05:08 PM
I disagree with Snake, I think Foo Fighter's are much better, but thats just my opinion...so I'm glad they won, I would've liked to see Queens of the Stone Age win though

Anyway Coldplay was great...and I didn't watch anymore than that...

Oh and this Norah Jones chick can die for all I care...

ssjtrunks13
Feb 24th, 2003, 05:41 PM
I'm surprised she won as much as she did, her music video wasn't even that good. I haven't watched all of it, my brother is watching it right now on the tape and I'm going to look at it whenever something interesting happens. Do they even give movie awards at this thing?