PDA

View Full Version : Snake loses the keys to Metal Gear Ray!!!

Vic Viper
Feb 23rd, 2003, 07:06 PM
You guys gotta listen to this!

funny stuff..:laugh: :laugh: (http://www.gamespy.com/fargo/november01/metalgear/)

ssjtrunks13
Feb 23rd, 2003, 09:11 PM
It is, but I could have done a better job impersonating Snake. At least they got the whole codec thing down.

Beretta55
Feb 24th, 2003, 03:21 AM
lmao!:laugh: oh damn that was pretty funny. otacon was really funny....but snake's voice was a little gruffy it could of been better. but it was really funny:laugh:

dan da man
Feb 24th, 2003, 07:29 AM
:laugh: :laugh: Thats the funniest metal gear thing ive heard, that was great.:laugh: :laugh:
That does really happen though, you do something wrong then just load up the prevuios game.

MakgSnake
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:32 PM
I dont know, I didn't find it funny at all. It was corny. But hey thats only my opinion. And Solid Snake's voice seemed like Butthead's voice.

Seriously, like Ssj said, same here, I could have done a better job sounding like Solid Snake, infact I can sound exactly like him, thats what my friends told me. Oh well...... neways.

dan da man
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Seriously, like Ssj said, same here, I could have done a better job sounding like Solid Snake, infact I can sound exactly like him, thats what my friends told me. Oh well...... neways.

Hey, David Hayter, J/K!

Yea I could do a better job, but ive only done snakes voice when im on my own, so no one really heard me! still I could do better.

MakgSnake
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

Yea I could do a better job, but ive only done snakes voice when im on my own, so no one really heard me! still I could do better.
I remember I use to do it all the time and even I thought I did pretty well. This was back in 2000, when nobody was sure if David Hayter would come back as Solid Snake, I remember my friends telling me that if David Hayter doesn't return I should go for the Auditions :laugh: I am serious though. I laughed at that time too.

But you should do it infront of someone, it helps. I can even do Snake's voice in Japanese.

dan da man
Feb 24th, 2003, 07:05 PM
Well I did inpersonate Snakes voice while I was messing around with my best mate, we were just laughing about the codec calls!

If David Hayter dosent do mgs3, you should go to the audtions, and if you get in, I can say while playing mgs3, I know this guy doing snakes voice from the ps2fanstay.com forums. hehe!

ssjtrunks13
Feb 24th, 2003, 08:17 PM

If David Hayter dosent do mgs3, you should go to the audtions, and if you get in, I can say while playing mgs3, I know this guy doing snakes voice from the ps2fanstay.com forums. hehe!

LOL! I think I sound just like him too. "Otacon, You're the only one that can save those hostages!"

Daedaelus
Feb 24th, 2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I dont know, I didn't find it funny at all. It was corny. But hey thats only my opinion. And Solid Snake's voice seemed like Butthead's voice.

Ditto. While the concept was hillarious, the voices were horrible, both Snake and Otacon. :disturb:

ssjtrunks13
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Iguana

Ditto. While the concept was hillarious, the voices were horrible, both Snake and Otacon. :disturb:

Amen to that.

dan da man
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:56 AM
Yea, but they were actually taking the mic out of Snakes and Otacon voices.

merylsilverburg
Mar 7th, 2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Iguana

Kinda late with my reply...:heh: but I agree with Iguana.

Also, Snake would never be that stupid, nor would he use such immature terms. :disturb: Example: "Uh, like.....when I killed that guy" :sarcasm:

Hero
Mar 8th, 2003, 03:00 AM
I found the script to be funny, but you could tell immediately, the person impersonating Snake was a teenager. I mean they could've at least tried to get someone that closely resembles Snake to do his voice. Plus, I can tell that they made up most of the script as they went along. "I killed some guy... With a gun" No sh**, Snake, what else would he be carrying, a light sabre?

Me and my friends came up with a parody for the movie, The Ring, but we're going to base it off the Japanese one. We're gonna do an English dub and freeze it at the part where she's coming out of the TV. We're gonna edit it, and make her hand reach for the VCR and press the eject button lol.

Like she has to eject herself to life through the VCR, but the VCR is broken so only half of her comes out, and the guy says, "Sorry, I've been meaning to get that fixed"

lol. It should be funny but we're having difficulties with video in on the computer we're using.

dan da man
Mar 8th, 2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Example: "Uh, like.....when I killed that guy" :sarcasm:

lol, yea snake would not of been that stupid. That bit was stupid and hillarious,because snake would not say that or would he?:confused:

ssjtrunks13
Mar 8th, 2003, 04:19 PM
I don't know, Snake always seems to surprise me. I was sirprised he could act like he was evil while still being a good guy.

dan da man
Mar 8th, 2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

I don't know, Snake always seems to surprise me. I was sirprised he could act like he was evil while still being a good guy.

Yup, it was amazing in mgs2 with all the twists, although snake was the goodguy to me all the way through.

Hero
Mar 8th, 2003, 07:08 PM
I never liked Raiden, and I probably never will. It's not the fact that he looks like a girl and whines all the time. It's the somersault. Who in their right mind would do a somersault in the middle of a live fire fight? WHO? I wouldn't do a somersault, even if I was supposed to somersault into a bed with Jennifer Love Hewitt... I wouldn't somersault if I just won the lottery and that was the only victory dance I knew. Much the less, would I somersault when three guys in camouflauge fatigue are firing automatic machine guns at me and I'm wearing a rubber wet suit with a tranquilizer gun.

dan da man
Mar 8th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Hero

I never liked Raiden, and I probably never will. It's not the fact that he looks like a girl and whines all the time. It's the somersault. Who in their right mind would do a somersault in the middle of a live fire fight? WHO? I wouldn't do a somersault, even if I was supposed to somersault into a bed with Jennifer Love Hewitt... I wouldn't somersault if I just won the lottery and that was the only victory dance I knew. Much the less, would I somersault when three guys in camouflauge fatigue are firing automatic machine guns at me and I'm wearing a rubber wet suit with a tranquilizer gun.

Good point, but it is just a video game:laugh:
And you dont have to somersault, you could say the same for snake, who would do a rolly-polly in a firefight.:laugh:

DSgamer
Mar 8th, 2003, 10:08 PM
snake would ;)

merylsilverburg
Mar 8th, 2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Hero

I found the script to be funny, but you could tell immediately, the person impersonating Snake was a teenager. I mean they could've at least tried to get someone that closely resembles Snake to do his voice.

Oh, I know...but if you think about it...this entire parody is just some stupid little thing that's supposed to be funny, but it's not. I'm pretty sure they know that, so that's why they didn't bother to go and get a guy that resembles Snake or Otacon.

Plus, I can tell that they made up most of the script as they went along. "I killed some guy... With a gun" No sh**, Snake, what else would he be carrying, a light sabre?

LOL :laugh: I don't think they made the script as they went along though. I think they're trying to make him dorky and very un-Solid Snake...that's why they added all the dumb things like the gun part.

lol, yea snake would not of been that stupid. That bit was stupid and hillarious,because snake would not say that or would he? :confused:

I don't think he would...Snake is just way too badass to be that ridiculous. :love: I mean, if you go and read the "Snake's Tales" in MGS2: Substance, the humor in there is very classy and funny. ^_^

ssjtrunks13
Mar 9th, 2003, 01:33 AM
Sure you guys can go around picking out all the errors, but that has just made it less interestign than when I was hearing it. The only thing I was troubled by was that the guy playing Snake and no resemblence to how he actually sounded like at all.

Hero
Mar 9th, 2003, 06:05 AM
Yeah but come on... My sister could do a better impersonation of Otacon. The Triple A thing was alright, but if you're going to put something on the internet, you better make damn sure it's funny as hell, otherwise people are going to haunt you until the day you die.

And there is nothing... NO-THING wrong with Snake's Disco Roll... It's effective, swift and necessary. A somersault, is NOT. A roll will bring you from full view to a safe point behind a desk in a crouched position. A somersault will get you bullets in your ass, a president touching your crotch and a safe trip off of a tanker pipe, because the person controlling you questions your sexual preference, and has doubts about your reason for living.

merylsilverburg
Mar 9th, 2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Sure you guys can go around picking out all the errors, but that has just made it less interestign than when I was hearing it. The only thing I was troubled by was that the guy playing Snake and no resemblence to how he actually sounded like at all.

Sorry ssj...I didn't mean to start being all picky about this parody. Didn't mean to make it less interesting; it's just that it wasn't funny at all to me. But it's still a good idea, nonetheless. :)

dan da man
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:14 AM

I mean, if you go and read the "Snake's Tales" in MGS2: Substance, the humor in there is very classy and funny. ^_^

Cool I look out for that.

But with Raiden doing is somersault is class, its a big part of stealth flipping past when the guard turns his back, but I didnt do it in a firefight, just stealth.

ssjtrunks13
Mar 10th, 2003, 11:25 AM

Sorry ssj...I didn't mean to start being all picky about this parody. Didn't mean to make it less interesting; it's just that it wasn't funny at all to me. But it's still a good idea, nonetheless. :)

Don't sweat it, I just don't really like it when people pick out everything that's wrong when as a whole it's actually pretty good.

Trunks Brief
Mar 20th, 2003, 02:20 PM
Lol man were the hell they come up with that

Esjay
Apr 7th, 2003, 12:38 PM
I heard this in a flash animation at Newgrounds. I thought it was pretty funny stuff, but even I could have done a better impersonation of Snake...I have, in fact, but none of you want to hear that. :laugh: