PDA

View Full Version : Signuture match 1 (continued)

Beretta55
Feb 23rd, 2003, 05:51 PM
ok there was a tie breaker so this is the same match between mark and zoox. but it will just be up for one day.

kupoartist
Feb 23rd, 2003, 06:13 PM
i'm not sure that this system is fair, but nevertheless... (besides, didn't viper vote "gadzoox" in the other thread, but not actually vote in the poll?)

erm. "gadzoox" it is...

Beretta55
Feb 23rd, 2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

i'm not sure that this system is fair, but nevertheless... (besides, didn't viper vote "gadzoox" in the other thread, but not actually vote in the poll?)

erm. "gadzoox" it is...
The poll was closed when he voted

mark0™
Feb 24th, 2003, 01:08 PM
Looks like im out :(

kupoartist
Feb 24th, 2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Beretta55
The poll was closed when he voted
hehe.. that'd explain why ^_^

dan da man
Feb 24th, 2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by mark0

Looks like im out :(

You could come back, now you are only two votes behind!

ssjtrunks13
Feb 24th, 2003, 04:46 PM
I've voted for ya already. If I could I would vote again, but alas I can't.

Beretta55
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:00 PM
The poll is closed and gadzoox is the winner!:cool:

ssjtrunks13
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:05 PM
Sorry mark, I was reqally hoping you'd win.

dan da man
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:36 PM
Unlucky mark,

This tourny is going better than I thought.:cool:

Gadzoox
Feb 24th, 2003, 07:40 PM
Awwwr! Thanks everyone!! :)

mark0, you certainly were great competition! *snugs*

dan da man
Feb 25th, 2003, 08:23 AM
When the next tourny going up?!?!?!?

Beretta55
Feb 25th, 2003, 07:04 PM
I will post it up today.......maybe. the compuer just got hooked up 20 mintue's ago. needed new carpet put in the computer room.

Gadzoox
Feb 26th, 2003, 02:52 PM
So now I can make a new sig... or what?

dan da man
Feb 26th, 2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Gadzoox

So now I can make a new sig... or what?

Well if you wanna win the tourny at all cost, its upto you!:laugh:

ssjtrunks13
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:46 PM
All I know is I'll gave to stick with the same one unless there are two made for me.

dan da man
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

All I know is I'll gave to stick with the same one unless there are two made for me.

Are ya sigs ready yet? Or do you know when you are getting them?

ssjtrunks13
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:17 PM
I don't know if Piggle's sister has even started yet. I'll send a PM to Piggle right now.

dan da man
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:28 PM

I don't know if Piggle's sister has even started yet. I'll send a PM to Piggle right now.

If she dont make it, or you get to desprate measures! ask King_freak or makg<<<<<<they are VERY GOOD at making sigs!

ssjtrunks13
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:39 PM
I actually asked Makg first, but he never got back to me.

dan da man
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:44 PM

I actually asked Makg first, but he never got back to me.

Did you PM makg, he might not of got it, there some technical problem to it, you should ask him now is this thread or king_freak, its upto you.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 26th, 2003, 06:35 PM
I did PM him. I'll wait until about tomorrow.

Gadzoox
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:52 PM
You guys aren't even making your own?!?!
That doesn't seem so fair... or right... or something.

merylsilverburg
Feb 27th, 2003, 05:13 AM

You guys aren't even making your own?!?!
That doesn't seem so fair... or right... or something.

Some of us can't make our own sigs. because we don't have the proper programs. Like mine's made by MakgSnake. But don't worry....the credit goes to the makers in the end. :)

ssjtrunks13
Feb 27th, 2003, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

Some of us can't make our own sigs. because we don't have the proper programs. Like mine's made by MakgSnake. But don't worry....the credit goes to the makers in the end. :)

Youa are absoulutely right here Meryl. I don't have any programs that would allow me to make a sig, but I had to choose the pictures so I had something to do with my sig. I just got news from Piggle that my pictures are going to be sent to her sister this weekend and I should have mine by next week. WHen is the next match goin' to start?

Spank-A-Thon
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:04 PM

Some of us can't make our own sigs. because we don't have the proper programs. Like mine's made by MakgSnake. But don't worry....the credit goes to the makers in the end. :)You could download a trial version of Paintshop Pro (31Mb) (http://www.jasc.com/download_4.asp?). It's a lot smaller than Photoshop to download, but is still very good. I use it more than Photoshop to be honest.

Alternatively you could check PC Magazines - they usually have cover CDs with demo versions of paint software on (especially Computer Arts in the UK).

Once d/loaded you could always search for a crack... Ooops... did I say crack?? I meant you could always then go out and BUY it if you like the trial version... :good:

- S

kupoartist
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:32 PM
a legit version of PSP7 will actually only cost about £40 ($65) which isn't so much, or that much more than a PC game... and its much, much cheaper than Photoshop 7...

mark0™
Feb 27th, 2003, 04:07 PM
I got my PSP7 for £30 from amazon.co.uk , but it was the summer sale, so it may be dearer now.

Spank-A-Thon
Feb 27th, 2003, 04:12 PM
For people in the UK, you can buy Paintshop Pro 7 here (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005U2EP/ref=sr_aps_software_1_1/026-7411475-2439623) for £37.57.

Maybe this will help someone.

- S

MakgSnake
Feb 27th, 2003, 05:55 PM

I did PM him. I'll wait until about tomorrow.
I dont remember getting a PM about a banner, send me a PM anytime soon. Alright? :)

Piggle_humsy
Feb 27th, 2003, 06:02 PM
I was really loathed to choose one as they are both kinda boring, needs a little more action(no offence u 2!)! I would choose Spank-a-Thons coz he made his himself! It's completely Original! And mine of course! ha ha! :laugh:

But seriously if you are gonna have a tournament you should choose two really good ones like The_Artist and um.....Well I think The _Artist wins! yey! well done! It was a little close back there but u pulled thru! :laugh:
Yes ok I'm being loony again! :roll:
Well anyway u get my drift! I think i need to get a new sig pic tho to be in the comp! I will work on it!

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

dan da man
Feb 27th, 2003, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon

You could download a trial version of Paintshop Pro (31Mb) (http://www.jasc.com/download_4.asp?). It's a lot smaller than Photoshop to download, but is still very good. I use it more than Photoshop to be honest.
- S

Thanks spank!:)

Gadzoox
Feb 27th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Yeah but... That's a problem I'd have with voting for someone who did their own sig against someone who had someone else make it for them... I dunno... it just seems unfair that someone else should enter someone else's sig into a contest...

Download those things on the end of those links given and make your own people!!! :)

merylsilverburg
Feb 27th, 2003, 08:12 PM

Yeah but... That's a problem I'd have with voting for someone who did their own sig against someone who had someone else make it for them... I dunno... it just seems unfair that someone else should enter someone else's sig into a contest...

Download those things on the end of those links given and make your own people!!! :)

I'm sorry to hear that. Since everyone seems to feel that way and I wouldn't want to cause anyone distress for voting for me because my sig. was done by someone else, I feel that I should be disqualified. Someone else please take my place.

EDIT: BTW, thanks for the link Spank! I just downloaded it, but I'm trying to figure out what to do right now. :heh:

Preventer Wind
Feb 28th, 2003, 02:23 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. Since everyone seems to feel that way and I wouldn't want to cause anyone distress for voting for me because my sig. was done by someone else, I feel that I should be disqualified. Someone else please take my place.

Is this not a competition to find out who the populace thinks has the best signature? Regardless of who made it, it is that person's signature. Especially if it was made FOR that person.

merylsilverburg
Feb 28th, 2003, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by Preventer Wind

Is this not a competition to find out who the populace thinks has the best signature? Regardless of who made it, it is that person's signature. Especially if it was made FOR that person.

Yes, but apparently some people feel that the signatures should be made by the one who's entering. Of course, that's understandable and I'm pretty sure if many of us had the proper programs, we would make our own sigs. And even though Spank gave out links to free downloadable photoshops, some of us are unfamiliar with using it, so it would take some time to learn what to do. And by the time we properly learn, the tourny will be over. So, if that's the case, that's why I said I'm disqualified.

mark0™
Feb 28th, 2003, 04:04 AM

So, if that's the case, that's why I said I'm disqualified.

Dont be silly, stay in.

I'm sure anyone who didnt actually make the sig here at least rounded up the pictures and/or declared what they wanted, Its still your vision of the Sig, it was put together for you, therefore it is your sig.

Plus, It took me more time to decide what to do and find pics than it did to make the sig, Sigmaking isnt so hard.

merylsilverburg
Feb 28th, 2003, 04:14 AM

I'm sure anyone who didnt actually make the sig here at least rounded up the pictures and/or declared what they wanted, Its still your vision of the Sig, it was put together for you, therefore it is your sig.

Ahh...that's not true in my case. I was completely clueless about sigs. and didn't ask anyone to make me one. Makg just one day made mine out of kindess. And he refused to let me credit him. So, that's why I wanted to enter the tourny because I wanted his sig. to be judged because I think he did a great job and was nice enough to make it for me without my asking for it.

dan da man
Feb 28th, 2003, 06:40 AM

Dont be silly, stay in.

Well I provided the pics, but King_Freak did the rest putting my name on and reshaping it to size.

kupoartist
Feb 28th, 2003, 01:15 PM
sigs made by someone else are fine as long as that person gives credit to the person who made it. I don't think theres anyone here who'd not do that if the won!

I like your new one btw. Gadzoox :D and Piggle, i'll be in my own match (against very fierce competition) so watch this space :laugh:

dan da man
Feb 28th, 2003, 01:21 PM
Spank im tring to dowload that paint show download thing put up, what link to I click on becuase I clicked on paint shop pro 7, and just the specs I need come up, HELP!

Gadzoox
Feb 28th, 2003, 02:59 PM
Ugh... I honestly didn't mean to come off sounding so... snotty, Meryl (and everyone else too). I'm sorry, and no, you shouldn't drop from the contest because of what I said.

You know sometimes when you say (or type) something and you aren't really thinking or putting yourself in someone else's shoes to see the situation from their point of view; and you say/type something that isn't fair/nice to everyone and then after when they explain it from their view you feel like a complete and total jerk?

Well this is one of those instances.

The thought never crossed my mind that not everyone even knows how to use or can even run the program on their computers. Stupid of me, I know.

I hope you'll realize just how dumb and ignorant I was being, forgive me, and definately not drop out of the contest.

*curls up in her dog-house*

Spank-A-Thon
Feb 28th, 2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

Spank im tring to dowload that paint show download thing put up, what link to I click on becuase I clicked on paint shop pro 7, and just the specs I need come up, HELP! Dan, you need to select which product to download from the dropdown box - the links only lead to system requirements.

- S

merylsilverburg
Feb 28th, 2003, 09:06 PM

You know sometimes when you say (or type) something and you aren't really thinking or putting yourself in someone else's shoes to see the situation from their point of view; and you say/type something that isn't fair/nice to everyone and then after when they explain it from their view you feel like a complete and total jerk?

Well, after you posted the question:

You guys aren't even making your own?!?! That doesn't seem so fair... or right... or something.

I replied with this:

Which then, you said this:

And since it seemed you didn't understand the situation, that's why I wanted to drop out. I thought that by me saying "The credit goes to the makers in the end" would be kinda clear....
I'm sorry to sound so cruel, but I just wanted to point these points out. :(
Well, if no one takes my place or if Beretta puts in me in the tournament anyway, I don't really care.

Gadzoox
Feb 28th, 2003, 10:19 PM
I know... I told you guys I was stupid; this is a prime example of my idiocy.

I'm going to let you know that I really honestly DO feel horrible about this, and it is upsetting me. I'm too sensitive sometimes, I don't know if i'm overreacting or what.
I guess all I can do is say that I'm sorry, and if that doesn't change anything, then I guess it doesn't.