PDA

View Full Version : EraMat, the [poorly named] intergalatic dragon thingy

kupoartist
Feb 22nd, 2003, 11:40 AM
phew... been a while since I posted anything... I'm currently trying to get together some kind of portfolio of stuff i've done recently to see if i'm allowed to take Art & Design at A Level (I didn't at GCSE, which means that I need a pretty good reason to try it in further education :/ ). I had decided to try something new and "bigger" when my pal Jodie mentioned Dragons... So I attempted to draw one. Shame I changed what it was about 5 times, and then finally settled on the idea that it could be 100 times the size of the planets it is holding... whoops.

http://mysite.freeserve.com/kupoartist/images/artieramat.jpg

ugh... my whole website is screwy at the moment... it takes you back in time if you're not careful :(

Edit: ohh... I forgot to prattle about the Background. Hehe... i'm really proud of it... it's inspired by the sort of nebula backgrounds in the "homeworld" games... according to them, Space is all pinks, greens, blues and no blacks. which is nice ^_^ - note how there is barely any pink in this one though. see! i can colour without pinks!

dan da man
Feb 22nd, 2003, 01:11 PM
one word-WOW!!!!

Your name explains it all ;) , keep up the goodwork!:)

BTW you should have that as your sig! so cool.

DSgamer
Feb 22nd, 2003, 01:30 PM
wow man, that's beautiful

kupoartist
Feb 22nd, 2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by dan da man
BTW you should have that as your sig! so cool.
hehe... perhaps, but its actually starting to scare me quite badly now :laugh:

dan da man
Feb 22nd, 2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

hehe... perhaps, but its actually starting to scare me quite badly now :laugh:

No way man, its so sweet, honestly that pic is so awsome, im in love with it!

DSgamer
Feb 22nd, 2003, 05:34 PM
yeah artist, ur drawings r the coolest.

so r urs gaddy

Carlito
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:15 AM
Great colors! This is a space-dragon from what I can see, not one of those usual medieval-fantasy dragons. Interesting choice for the subject :D

Gadzoox
Feb 23rd, 2003, 11:09 PM
WOOWOWOWOWW!!! :shock:

I love this!! It's freaking me out too.. what if there really is a HUGE eebil looking dragon holding our world in its talons?!?! EEP!

Great great work m'deary!!! I can't get enough of the background and overall colouring, proud you should be! :D The shading/lighting on this is superbly done! Hee, you and your pink! ;) I ADORE how his mouth and eyes glow like that too!! He's so cool!!! :> Kudos to you!!!

Good luck on your applying on the A level thing!! I'm sure you'll stun them!!! :cool:

Thanks gamer, but this is the_artist's thread to shine (like the star she is) in, so keep me out of it please! :)

kupoartist
Feb 24th, 2003, 01:28 PM
thanks for the great comments people ^_^ ... i'm pleased with it myself, (except for his left shoulder, which just looks odd) but i'm sure I can get it right next time :D

... and i'm pretty sure that it doesn't exist... or at least, I hope :laugh:

-ThinK-Radio
Feb 24th, 2003, 09:39 PM
That is a very cool drawing. Mad props.

mark0™
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Erm, Is it supposed to have 3 hands?

I noticed an arm under its left wing, and it has another hand on each wing. But it doesnt seem to have an arm under its right wing... or perhaps its hidden under its wing.

Its cool.

kupoartist
Feb 25th, 2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by mark0
perhaps its hidden under its wing.
thats where it is, but the "order" of the shoulders are kind of messed up: on the left, the "wing arm" is on top, but on the right the "normal arm" is. whoopsie ^_^ This stems from the problem that I wasn't aware that Dragons had 4 arms... this one does, but you can't see the otherone :laugh:

ssjtrunks13
Feb 25th, 2003, 02:29 PM
It kinda reminds me of Bahamut Zero from FFVII. It's the best looking dragon I have seen since FFX.

Piggle_humsy
Feb 27th, 2003, 06:20 PM
I just cant get over how fantastic you draw! You're the most individual artist I have ever seen! And you must have some imagination to come up with fantastic things like that!
I really envy you! Normally pictures are just pictures but your one seems to have an atmosphere with it!

And dont change your SigPic as I love the one you have! When I see your posts it cheers me up coz its a little cheery pic and I think that dragon would just freak me out if I saw it too much! :disturb:

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

merylsilverburg
Mar 5th, 2003, 07:18 PM
Oh my!! :shock: This is gorgeous! Absoutely stunning! :shock:

The background is beautiful, the dragon is nice (love the glow in the mouth and eyes)....and the whole picture is unique.

However, the dragon does seem a bit unproportional...and I was a bit confused by the number of hands, like mark0.

But overall, it's fantastic anyway. Wonderful job! :)

Soul Angel
Mar 15th, 2003, 07:20 AM
Wow!
It's really good Artist and very well drawn. I love the background and the dragon looks pretty cool as well.
Very nicely done, keep up the good work! ;)

Btw what did you use to colour it in?

Soul Angel
Mar 15th, 2003, 07:21 AM
Wow!
It's really good Artist and very well drawn. I love the background and the dragon looks pretty cool as well.
Very nicely done, keep up the good work! ;)

kupoartist
Mar 16th, 2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Soul Angel

photoshop 7, as ever :) ... not sure if I did anything different (ie. its just me using simple brushes and "multiply" layers), but the background is an exercise in randomness... I basically put a few "splodges" of whatever colour I felt like putting in, then I randomly selected any of the layer settings to see what it would end up like :)

anyways, sorry for the lateness of a reply... been busy with "other" things (Poetry Essay :cringe: )