PDA

View Full Version : I almost cried tonight

Beretta55
Feb 21st, 2003, 03:06 AM
(wait's for abusive remark's)XD

Anyway i was watching we were soilder's tonight. based off a true story in the veitnam war (sorry if i spelled that wrong) and the part with mel gibson and chris kline in the church made me swell with pride. people willing to die for our country it just put a smile upon my face. anyway im babbleing on and on. the part where this one japanese guy got napalm and was still alive but burnt everywhere. when barry pepper helped him onto the helicopter......i was about to cry but i just held it in. Then at the end where they showed the veitnam memorail......made me want to cry again but i held it in for some odd reason. anyway is there any movie's like this or other's that just wanted to make you cry outloud but held it in.

(wait's for more abusive comment's about how he is a wuss)XD

dan da man
Feb 21st, 2003, 05:32 AM
That is a sweet film berrata, there is nothing wrong with a guy getting emotional even though you did'nt, great part.

merylsilverburg
Feb 21st, 2003, 05:47 AM
I'd be surprised if you didn't cry, Beretta. Though I never saw "We Were Soldiers", a lot of war movies are pretty depressing. Besides, there's nothing wrong with a guy shedding a few tears now and then. If you do it all the time...then that's another issue. :laugh:

Hmm....there are a few movies that made me want to cry, but I held it in. Ah! But there are a lot of animes that made me want to do that, but I won't go into it since this is about movies.
Some Disney films (yeah, pathetic isn't it?) made me want to cry, but 'cause they were Disney films (I mean, c'mon! I didn't want to look like a wuss!) I held my tears in. Like "Hunchback of Notre Dame"...pretty sad...but while everyone in the theater was bawling their eyes out, I stared at the screen with a cold expression on my face. I think everyone thought I was heartless or something. :laugh:
Uh..that's all I can think of for now. Post more later.

Beretta55
Feb 21st, 2003, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg

I'd be surprised if you didn't cry, Beretta. Though I never saw "We Were Soldiers", a lot of war movies are pretty depressing. Besides, there's nothing wrong with a guy shedding a few tears now and then. If you do it all the time...then that's another issue. :laugh:

Hmm....there are a few movies that made me want to cry, but I held it in. Ah! But there are a lot of animes that made me want to do that, but I won't go into it since this is about movies.
Some Disney films (yeah, pathetic isn't it?) made me want to cry, but 'cause they were Disney films (I mean, c'mon! I didn't want to look like a wuss!) I held my tears in. Like "Hunchback of Notre Dame"...pretty sad...but while everyone in the theater was bawling their eyes out, I stared at the screen with a cold expression on my face. I think everyone thought I was heartless or something. :laugh:
Uh..that's all I can think of for now. Post more later.
no i dont cry all the time (tear drop's) uh.....ignore that! jk jk:laugh:

Nah you crying at a disney movie is not pathetic. but yeah mostly war movie's made me want to cry out. all depressing to me but i love war movie's and the such im weird like that:laugh:
But i cried to a song once.
sonny-by new found glory
that's one of the most recent time's i cried out.

merylsilverburg
Feb 21st, 2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Beretta55

but yeah mostly war movie's made me want to cry out. all depressing to me but i love war movie's and the such im weird like that:laugh:

I usually stay away from war films, some dramas, and other things that are depressing ("Schindler's List" for one) because if I watch them, then I'll just be in a state of dread for a while. It sucks too because there are some really terrific dramas out there I want to watch...like "The Pianist" is one.

Oh! But the one movie I didn't cry that I should've was "Titanic". Okay, that movie wasn't sad at all to me...and everyone is saying how they couldn't stop crying at the end. Wow...I guess I am heartless. :laugh:

But i cried to a song once.
sonny-by new found glory
that's one of the most recent time's i cried out.

Songs can be very sad too, especially songs that relates to one's situation. I thought Elton John's re-written song tribute to Princess Diana ("Candle in the Wind" song) when she died was very sweet and sad. Also, this one song by Tracy Chapman that makes me cry everytime I hear it "Fast Car". Depressing song man...

BlackThornn
Feb 21st, 2003, 07:02 AM
I saw We Were Soldiers.. and while I didn't really get too close to shedding any tears over some of the more heart wrenching scenes they did have an effect. Definitely good direction in that movie. Shows a lot of caring for the boys that died. A lot of war movies have this kind of attention to the raw emotion of it all.

The only movies that really get the waterworks going for me are What Dreams May Come and The Green Mile. At least those are the only ones that come to mind.

And Baretta, if anyone calls you a wuss for "holding in" tears? Or feeling like you wanna cry? Punch 'em in the face. That'll put a stop to any wuss comments. :D Always worked for me.

And Meryl.. I didn't even come close to crying with Titanic either.. I was just inexplicably pissed off about how all those rich bastards let thousands of people (Irish! My kin!) die on undermanned lifeboats. Argh. :mad:

ssjtrunks13
Feb 21st, 2003, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by BlackThornn

And Meryl.. I didn't even come close to crying with Titanic either.. I was just inexplicably pissed off about how all those rich bastards let thousands of people (Irish! My kin!) die on undermanned lifeboats. Argh. :mad:

They were Irish? That also make me blood boil. I was also disappointed that it wasn't as good as I heard it was. I saw it before I heard about this Leonardo guy, but I don't think I cried. My point is I hated tyhe guy afterwards.:laugh:

There are many songs I have heard that have made me wanna cry, like 2Pac's "Thugz Mansion". I heard it on the radio when I heard that my grandmother died and now whenever I hear it I get all teary eyed and stuff.

I can't remember if I ever cried or wanted to cry during a Disney movie. Maybe Bambi, but I can't remember.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Feb 21st, 2003, 04:42 PM
Wuss.

Just kidding. Yes, Sonny is a sad song. It's really good, though.

mark0™
Feb 21st, 2003, 04:51 PM
What about the Lion King!!

:weep:poor Mufasa.... Simbahad to Run away :weep:

I seem to have got a lot more emotional during the start of the year for some reason, I think I'm depressed or something.. although I dont get emotional now.

dan da man
Feb 21st, 2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by mark0

:weep:poor Mufasa.... Simbahad to Run away :weep:

Yea, the lion king is sad(that part), I did'nt cry but it was sad, some films can be really touching, cant remeber many though.

merylsilverburg
Feb 21st, 2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by BlackThornn

The only movies that really get the waterworks going for me are What Dreams May Come and The Green Mile. At least those are the only ones that come to mind.

Oh my! That's right! I forgot about "What Dreams May Come"...though I don't remember if I cried, I know it was extremely sad. Speaking of "The Green Mile" reminds me of this one book I read during my Freshman year, A Lesson Before Dying. In school, we had to see the movie and omg....I was so pissed at my teacher because it is so incredibly sad that many in my class were crying.

Ah well, I didn't know they were Irish. O_o;; I'm sure anyone would be pissed about that! But for me, I just thought that this film is really quite dumb.

Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

They were Irish? That also make me blood boil. I was also disappointed that it wasn't as good as I heard it was. I saw it before I heard about this Leonardo guy, but I don't think I cried. My point is I hated tyhe guy afterwards. :laugh:

LOL I agree. All the chicks in my town were talking about how sad it was that Leonardo died and how he was so incredibly sweet and all and how they went to see the movie 5 more times! Geez, the only reason it's one of the highest grossing film is because of all these teenage girls seeing the movie over and over and over again! :sarcasm:

:weep:poor Mufasa.... Simbahad to Run away:weep:

Yeah, that was a sad part...but I was more pissed than sad. Yeah, I was ticked off at Scar!
My sister cries at the end of "Beauty and the Beast" everytime though...don't know why, since it's obvious the dude wasn't going to pass away.

mark0™
Feb 21st, 2003, 06:43 PM
Anyone ever Seen "Let Him Have It!"? We saw it in Religious Education (gah!) Its about this 17 or 18 year old kid who gets capital punishment for all the wrong reasons...

I wont go into detail.. But It made me shit scared of death afterwards, and 100% opposed against the Death Snetance...

Plus it was based on a true Story.

merylsilverburg
Feb 21st, 2003, 06:52 PM

Anyone ever Seen "Let Him Have It!"? We saw it in Religious Education (gah!) Its about this 17 or 18 year old kid who gets capital punishment for all the wrong reasons...

I wont go into detail.. But It made me shit scared of death afterwards, and 100% opposed against the Death Snetance...

Plus it was based on a true Story.

No, I never heard of it, but "A Lesson Before Dying" is almost exactly the same, so I can imagine...

happy_doughnut
Feb 21st, 2003, 07:46 PM
Oh, movies... war flicks are very, very saddening, imo.

I think that the reason war films at often times "get" to people is because they make them think. They make you think about life and the harsh transitions you sometimes have to make. War films are an excellent way of depicting the rivalries that, although are somewhat hidden, still exist along with prejudice and hatred. I don't see how anyone wouldn't be moved because of these causes...
At least, this is why war movies really get to me. They just give me this "gut sucking" and heart wrenching feeling... :weep:

I cry plenty with sad movies... it's inevitable. :laugh:

One I thought was very sad was behind enemy lines... Oh, and... the Crucible movie was sad too. My eyes were all watery at the end...>.<;;

But speaking of Disney movies... Man, the Little Mermaid was SOO depressing ! I swear... when she left with Erik and Sebastian and Flounder were looking at her with such sad eyes... oh, man :( :(

Btw, I never liked The Titanic. It was dumb, not sad.

sk8er_kyle
Feb 21st, 2003, 07:59 PM
I dont cry in movies. I come pretty close sometimes but I hold it back. War movies r sad but i dont cry when I see them. I dont like to cry. I dont pay attention 2 movies enough to cry. Sometimes songs nearly make me cry. I dont usually cry when I get hurt either, I just swear really loud.

mark0™
Feb 21st, 2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by ZeroSniper

One I thought was very sad was behind enemy lines...

Seriously? That movie was like more on the Action side than the emotional side. Didn't think it was Sad though, there was some parts that shown the country had some bad occurences which were sad, but It didn't leave me feeling Sad about the film.

And Titanic... I Just didn't like it, although the part when she lets go, you gotto admit, that is sad...

Damn, I need Testosterone Pills or something, I'm turning into a girl :disturb:...

ssjtrunks13
Feb 21st, 2003, 09:53 PM

Speaking of "The Green Mile" reminds me of this one book I read during my Freshman year, A Lesson Before Dying. In school, we had to see the movie and omg....I was so pissed at my teacher because it is so incredibly sad that many in my class were crying.

I've heard of that book, I think the freshman class at the school I go to read it. I didn't because I was going to a different school, maybe I'll check out the movie.

LOL I agree. All the chicks in my town were talking about how sad it was that Leonardo died and how he was so incredibly sweet and all and how they went to see the movie 5 more times! Geez, the only reason it's one of the highest grossing film is because of all these teenage girls seeing the movie over and over and over again! :sarcasm:

Wasn't the thing out in the theater longer than most movies? My mom bought the tape when it came out, I bet if she was able to she would've seen the movies many more times. I was dragged to see it with the rest of my family.

Yeah, that was a sad part...but I was more pissed than sad. Yeah, I was ticked off at Scar!

Yeah, it was sad. That just made me hate him, but admire him at his evilness. Ah, those were the days. I saw the movie again after a while when I was in sign language and again when in my second year of spanish.

DragonSphere
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:11 PM
Thinking back on movies I've seen, I don't think I've ever really cried out. The closest I've come to spewing tears is that my eyes gets all watery and stuff, but I always held back since I don't like the fact of crying in front of a bunch of people unless it's something really serious.

BTW, anyone gonna watch "Gods and Generals"? I read that it's over 4 hours long....:shock:

Beretta55
Feb 22nd, 2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by DragonSphere

Thinking back on movies I've seen, I don't think I've ever really cried out. The closest I've come to spewing tears is that my eyes gets all watery and stuff, but I always held back since I don't like the fact of crying in front of a bunch of people unless it's something really serious.

BTW, anyone gonna watch "Gods and Generals"? I read that it's over 4 hours long....:shock:
Yes im going to see it on sunday. i cant wait to see it:D

Seraph Sephiroth
Feb 22nd, 2003, 03:38 AM
I always cry durring movies... I hardly ever show my real emotions around people.. but sit me infront of a sad and depressing movie and I'll be baling for hours...

I cried through Titanic, I cried durring Lord of the Rings, I cried durring Ghost (love that movie) .... uh, too many others to name off. lol

merylsilverburg
Feb 22nd, 2003, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by ZeroSniper

I think that the reason war films at often times "get" to people is because they make them think. They make you think about life and the harsh transitions you sometimes have to make. War films are an excellent way of depicting the rivalries that, although are somewhat hidden, still exist along with prejudice and hatred. I don't see how anyone wouldn't be moved because of these causes...

That's quite true, Mena. People don't usually like to encounter changes that'll end up inevitably for the worse. Losing a loved one, living in fear all the time, the hatred involved...it's all just too much stress for one to handle, which is probably why war movies are and always will be a quite popular choice among filmmakers. They want to bring this possibility to people and show them and, like you said, make them think.

Oh, and... the Crucible movie was sad too. My eyes were all watery at the end...>.<;;

Omg, this movie...ugh don't talk to me about this movie. It's on my list of "Most Hated Movies Ever". It really pissed me off...I swear, after seeing this film I was in a terrible mood. :mad:

Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Wasn't the thing out in the theater longer than most movies? My mom bought the tape when it came out, I bet if she was able to she would've seen the movies many more times. I was dragged to see it with the rest of my family.

I believe so. But I feel sorry that you were dragged to go see it. Must've annoyed you, huh?

I just remembered a film that I tried to hold back my tears and did a semi-successful job...the movie is "Armageddon". Omg...this movie is so sad. :weep: When Liv Tyler was saying good-bye to Bruce Willis and all....man, all the girls in the theaters were sniffling, but I wanted to actually bawl.:weep:

ssjtrunks13
Mar 26th, 2003, 09:05 PM

I believe so. But I feel sorry that you were dragged to go see it. Must've annoyed you, huh?

I forgot about this. Yeah, it kinda did. But at the time I kinda was into it, I just say that now from looking back and how much I could have seen a better movie.(sorry for the late reply)

Oh yeah, the most recent movie I kinda cried at was Cradle 2 the Grave.