Mega Man & Bass 8.5

Playstation:
Final Fantasy Origins 8.0, 7.0, 7.0
sound- 8
ingenuity- 9
replay-7

MakgSnake
Feb 20th, 2003, 06:07 PM
Sweet, KING. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I see MOTO GP3 got 8.0 which in my opinion is a good score.....gonna buy that game. :)

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance getting 9.5, seeing that the game engine is more then year old...... so I would say thats great (Still it deserver 10... :D )

Cant wait to get my hands on Wind Waker. If Vice City can get a platinum, why cant Wind Waker... hmmm.....stupid guy.

Tenchu 3 didn't get good review on that mag eh... I have to see other places's reveiws too to buy this game now.. Damn I was looking forward to it. :disturb:

WINNING ELEVEN 6!!! YEAH! I am so happy its a good game. I have been waiting for it ever since I was a baby! Aaah finally.

I know I will buy RE2 and RE3 on GameCube, but I am not ready to pay THAT much for these 5 years old games. A huge price drop will make me buy these. Still I will get them someday.

I was going to buy DEF JAM, but now I am not too sure, still have to see else where about its reveiw and all.

dan da man
Feb 21st, 2003, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I know I will buy RE2 and RE3 on GameCube, but I am not ready to pay THAT much for these 5 years old games. A huge price drop will make me buy these. Still I will get them someday.

RE2 and RE3 got really bad scores on gamespot, something like 4 or 5 each which is poor.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 21st, 2003, 01:34 PM
When does the Breath of Fire game come out?

Vic Viper
Feb 21st, 2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

When does the Breath of Fire game come out?

i think its already out, not sure though.

Vic Viper
Feb 21st, 2003, 02:48 PM

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance getting 9.5, seeing that the game engine is more then year old...... so I would say thats great (Still it deserver 10... :D )

r u still getting the ps2 version, even though you already have the xbox version ?? :peoples:

ssjtrunks13
Feb 21st, 2003, 03:49 PM
Best Buy's website it came out yesterday. I think it sounds like it deserves a little higher than an 8.

Vic Viper
Feb 21st, 2003, 03:57 PM

Best Buy's website it came out yesterday. I think it sounds like it deserves a little higher than an 8.

it scored 8.2 from IGN.

dan da man
Feb 21st, 2003, 04:04 PM

I agree, the game graphics are over a year old now, but still one of the best you can get.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 21st, 2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by king_freak

it scored 8.2 from IGN.

Cool, 8's still good. It just looks like I'd give it higher.

dan da man
Feb 21st, 2003, 04:40 PM
IGN are pretty tight with their scores too, 8 is good! dear God though, know one is worse than gamespot, they are so lame with their scores, they only had about 10-20 or a bit more games which have scored over 9:roll: (could be wrong with that estimate though)

DragonSphere
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

RE2 and RE3 got really bad scores on gamespot, something like 4 or 5 each which is poor.

Weren't they just straight ports anyway (i.e., no graphical enhancements)?

Vic Viper
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by DragonSphere

yes, even worst game's retail price is $40:disgust:

DragonSphere
Feb 22nd, 2003, 12:38 AM
That stinks...they should've just did something similar to the Wind Waker, like packaging them back when RE: Zero was released. I'm sure that would have been a lot better...

MakgSnake
Feb 22nd, 2003, 12:41 AM

Yeah one of the reasons they got bad score is because there are no extra stuff in the game. Like even no extra hidden stuff and the price is too high, thats why it got bad ratings.

Neways... yeah I will buy MGS2 S for the PS2 (Ofcourse :D ) I have the Xbox version, and I will buy the PC version as well of Substance and I will buy MGS2: Sons Of Liberty (Greatest Hits) as well. :)

dan da man
Feb 22nd, 2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by DragonSphere

Whoa! a straight port, how sad is that! im sure they made some graphical improments, c'mon they must have! but im getting RE2 thats my fav out of the sereis.

DragonSphere
Feb 22nd, 2003, 04:23 PM
Nope...mostly the same:

RE: 2

Resident Evil 2 remains one of my preferred games on last generation's PlayStation and had the title been remade as Capcom revamped RE1, it might have been a remarkable GameCube title. As it stands, though, RE2 hits Nintendo's next-generation console totally unchanged and -- five years old, just feels completely outdated. The end port is not a bad one. Purists hoping to get all of the "survival horror" titles on one console will probably satisfied, and if you've never played RE2 before it's still an enjoyable enough adventure.
It comes down to this: at $19.95, I'd recommend the game. But at $39.95, which sadly it retails for, I just don't think it's a good deal.

Wait for it to drop in price if you've absolutely must own it. Otherwise, get the PS1 version. Or better yet, wait for what is bound to be an outstanding sequel in Resident Evil 4.

RE:3
With the recently re-vamped Resident Evil and Resident Evil Zero titles drawing critical acclaim from everyone here at IGN, it's difficult -- no, impossible -- for either Matt or myself to recommend this game over either of them. Gamers who are expecting a similar experience with Resident Evil 3: Nemesis are going to be in for quite a letdown. The gameplay design is still as brilliant as it ever was on the PSX, but the overall package is not even close to earning its sticker price. However, if you've never owned a PSX and are feeling eerily nostalgic, then you could always consider it as an educational, historical, and enjoyable rental.

From IGN Cube (http://cube.ign.com)

dan da man
Feb 22nd, 2003, 05:29 PM
Thanks for that info DragonSphere, still im dissapointed and cant beleive it.

Vicious_2003
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:35 PM
I realize im late on this but couldnt help but say something. As good a game as Wind Waker almost undoubtably is I am terribly dissapointed in it. They took a long standing character (Link) who Ive come to know and love from his n64 titles and gave him the worst make-over possible. I dont like that its cell shaded but thats not all that big a deal,.. I could get over that. Its just the way they made link look, hes got to be one of the top ten all time worst looking animated characters ive ever seen now . He'd fit better in the animated series "Home Movies" than he would anywhere else. My point is, why take a good thing and change it . You cant fix what isnt broken. Because of this Im not renting or buying any zelda titles untill they switch back to the way it should be regaurdless of how good the games are. Also when your trying to move to a slightly more mature image why do something like this ? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ?

dan da man
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:43 PM
I do agree with you that link (in the wnid waker) looks like a 5-year old kid, I think this title is aimed at kids too.

Daedaelus
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:49 PM

I do agree with you that link (in the wnid waker) looks like a 5-year old kid, I think this title is aimed at kids too.

Oh, shut up! I swear you're going on my ignore list, dan. How could you say that TWW is aimed towards little kids without providing any support or defending your statement at all? Please, please say something that helps prove your statement.

As for you, Weapon_ZX84, well I never valued your opinion from the start anyway. The straight fact is that you just pick one point of a game and rag on that. I'll bet you didnt know that Link grows, and his appearance changes as you progress in the game. This is similar to the Ocarina of Time aspect back from N64.

Both of you should immediately stop discussing Zelda: The Wind Waker until you successfully beat the game.

goodman, where are you...?

DragonSphere
Feb 23rd, 2003, 11:34 PM
If you think this is bad, the X-Box.com forums is worse. Most of the posters rag on Wind Waker like there's no tomorrow...definitley deserve to get their asses kicked. :mad:

Vicious_2003
Feb 24th, 2003, 12:16 AM
Hey Iguana You think I give a shit if you value my opinion or not !?. I didnt completely rag on the game at all. I said its almost undoubtably a good game, hell its probably really good . I just hate the way they made Link look, I can do that right...oh yeah I most certainly can. Granted I probably will end up playing this title eventually (Reluctantly ;)) and heck ill prolly enjoy the game , but it will REALLY bother me that Link looks the way he does. So dont tell me the strait up facts of what I do cuz your DEAD wrong, im not biast enough for it to effect how I judge a game . And where do you come off telling people to shut up ?. The hell with you Iguana there are other ways to get your point across that dont involve offending people. Fu*k your ignore list, put ME on it . I could care less. People have the right to express there opinions dude, weather you like it or not. But when you come off telling people you dont value thier opinions and telling them to "Shut Up" you make yourself sound extreemly stupid, and your not really that stupid are you ? And as far as the aiming the game towards a younger audience. I dont really know about that. Im just saying that they did make the game look more like a cartoon than it used to and cartoons are aimed towards younger kids right ?, Thats no big deal and certainly doesent mean they are aiming the game towards a younger audience im just saying when they say they want to bring a more mature feel to thier console, why go and make a change like this. A VERY VERY un needed and in my case un wanted change. And how come just because I make one negative comment on a game im suddenly labeled as Biast ? Sounds more to me like an over protective fan boy running his mouth but who knows . And Iguana . I wasnt picking on one aspect of the game and judging it on that, notice that I said the game is probably very good. Yeah read that . Go ahead Ill give you a second . Ok you read it right, maybe you should have the first time before you got all offensive on me.

dan da man
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Iguana

Oh, shut up! I swear you're going on my ignore list, dan. How could you say that TWW is aimed towards little kids without providing any support or defending your statement at all? Please, please say something that helps prove your statement.

As for you, Weapon_ZX84, well I never valued your opinion from the start anyway. The straight fact is that you just pick one point of a game and rag on that. I'll bet you didnt know that Link grows, and his appearance changes as you progress in the game. This is similar to the Ocarina of Time aspect back from N64.

Both of you should immediately stop discussing Zelda: The Wind Waker until you successfully beat the game.

goodman, where are you...?

Do I care if im on your ignore list? nope.

well if you are telling me to shut up, provide some info why it is not aimed at kids.

Daedaelus
Feb 24th, 2003, 10:38 PM
You guys are ignore list. I won't even bother to read your posts, as to reply to them, I would have to drop down to your level, which I don't want to do.

dan da man
Feb 25th, 2003, 08:06 AM

You guys are ignore list. I won't even bother to read your posts, as to reply to them, I would have to drop down to your level, which I don't want to do.

Iguana, who the hell do you think your are? no one is bothered who's on your ignore list, This is a forum, so I put my opinion in, if you dont like it, just get off the boards or dont read like you said!:sarcasm:

ssjtrunks13
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:12 AM
This is not me siding with anyone, it's just how I feel about it.

I've liked the Zelda series since I first played Zelda: Link to the Past for SNES. I am glad that I've got to see some of Ocarina of Time and the only game that disappointed me was Majora's Mask because I don't think the mask thing is all that interesting and I didn't like the one mask that I remember seeing a lot in the commercials. Wind Waker looks very good and I think it's cool that nintendo has decided to try something different with their Zelda games. I can't wait to see how good this one happens to be. So far the only Zelda games I haven't played are: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, whatever the title of the sdecond one made for nintendo is, and Wind Waker.

Daedaelus
Feb 26th, 2003, 03:13 PM

the only game that disappointed me was Majora's Mask.

Agreed. The only reason that Majora's Mask kinda disappointed me was because it was too short.

Vicious_2003
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:19 PM
lol. Not to instigate this any further but. I just think its funny that when some people are given an argument they cant refute, instead of just admitting that they were wrong they say things like "to reply to them, I would have to drop down to your level, which I don't want to do". I gave a well thought out reasonable response to your rather immature and offensive post and thats all you have to say "I dont want to drop to your level" i am disspointed. But oh well it was stupid anyways and we have reached a solution. You dont read and of Dan or Mines Posts (Just because we voiced opinions you dont agree with :laugh: ). And I wont read yours, no big deal

Preventer Wind
Mar 1st, 2003, 10:57 PM
Children why most you fight? Zelda is not as good looking he could be but the fact that he does change in the game doesn't prove he will look any better. I mean he could grow up and looked even more like a freak. Don't you guys remember the sweet Zelda screens when the Game Cube first came out? Now that is what I was looking forward to. But this new Zelda character looks worse. Does this mean the game won’t be good? Of course not.

Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84
So dont tell me the strait up facts of what I do cuz your DEAD wrong, im not biast enough for it to effect how I judge a game.

:laugh: lol :laugh:
You not biast enough that's a joke.

What gives you the right to tell people what they should do? I mean, do you deserve to discuss the game or anything at all? If you are going to bite people's heads off for not agreeing with you or for giving their own opinion then I think it would be wise to rethink that statement.

[/QUOTE]

Hero
Mar 9th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Okay guys, let's all calm down and break this down.

If you get mad about another person's opinion then you're insecure and you should probably rethink your stance in an arguement.

In my opinion, whether you care or not, Zelda is doing what it's supposed to do, and it's doing it successfully. I don't wanna see some 20 year old Link and a Zelda with massive breasts and shiny lips. I wanna see a game that looks fun, plays fun and does something different.

Cel-shaded games mixed with textured world graphics have done successful, but what about an entirely single cell shaded game?

I think I can word what Iguana said more correctly... Don't judge the game until you play it because then your judgement is empty.

Some games aren't for everyone. You could go around and say "Suikoden 3 pwnz Zelda FO SHO!!!" But until you play both games entirely and own both systems, your opinion is going to be looked at as biased.

Link is badass, and I think it doesn't matter whether or not he looks like a real person. What matters is that he still has all the cool abilities and the cool "never talk" character.

Play what you want, but don't argue, because then nothing gets settled.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:08 PM
I don't really care about what reviews a game gets.I will get it if I like it.It doesn't matter what others tell ne.Anyways I suggest you people tone it down a little.Because if I see another negative statement the thread is closed. :) Hehe......Have a nice day.

ssjtrunks13
Mar 10th, 2003, 11:46 AM
My brother played the demo at a store and I have to say the game looks like it's going to turn out really nice. The Zelda games have yet to disappoint me.

dan da man
Mar 10th, 2003, 05:58 PM

My brother played the demo at a store and I have to say the game looks like it's going to turn out really nice. The Zelda games have yet to disappoint me.

You could be dissapointed with this one.....J/k slightly

This is going to be a good game I hope, I never played a zelda game before, hopefully this one will be good as the others ive seen.

Hero
Mar 10th, 2003, 06:05 PM
You've never played a Zelda game? It's the best adventure series.

I've seen demos of it, and it looks really fun. The graphics are amazing and the sound effects are amazing too.

Another game i wanna play is Wario World...

"Have a rotten day, hahahahah!" - Wario

ssjtrunks13
Mar 10th, 2003, 08:27 PM
If you have a GBA you might want to check out A Link to the Past.

Vicious_2003
Mar 10th, 2003, 10:44 PM
yeah...dont worry the negativitys over...atleast on my end. I just wanna say that I wasnt Judging the game in any way but one. The looks, and I think by playing a demo and seeing tons of pics you can do that right. Thier are waaaaaaay more things that go into how enjoyable a game is than just looks as we all know and , not to sound like a broken record but I did say the game was probably very good (After seeing reviews its just about a sure thing) . The fact that Link looks the way he does just bothers me greatly (More than others) . Thats all. It was never meant to be made into a big deal. I just dont take kindly to being offended...my bad

Hero
Mar 11th, 2003, 12:19 AM
It's understandable. Iguana, you need to control your temper. Just because Zelda got a 9.5 doesn't mean anything, because honestly... It isn't that good of a game. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Vice City deserved a perfect 10. Hell I don't even think Vice City deserved an 8.5, at best.

It's all in opinion. I'll probably think the game is a 10 when I play it, and that's all that matters to me.