PDA

View Full Version : Network Adapter issues

riven5
Feb 14th, 2003, 06:47 PM
I've got DSL through Verizon. It goes through a standard phone line to the modem/router which is in my living room. The modem/router had PC ports come with it, and when I plugged the Ports into my computer, I get on DSL. Simple, yes? Well, here's the problem. The Network Adapter won't read any broadband whatsoever unless I've got an ethernet cord plugged into the adapter...but I don't know where the hell i'm going to plug it in! Oh sure, I can connect the cord to the adapter, but where too then? I mean, the DSL comes through the phone jack...and I can't exactly jam the ethernet connection into there. The only solutions I've thought of thus far are these:

1) Move the modem to my room (which wouldn't work anyways, at least not without some kind of dual-ethernet connection- the modem/router only has one outlet for an ethernet cable)

2) Get an ethernet port for my computer, and see if somehow running the ethernet cable to my computer from the PS2 Adapter will magically grant me access to the internet.

Needless to say, I'm fairly skeptical about the success of either of these solutions. If anybody has ANY ideas, please reply...thanks :)

Also, I know I already posted this message in the SOCOM board, but I figured I might get some more replies here.