PDA

View Full Version : I Got It, I Got It. Zzzeelll

MakgSnake
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I just just pre-ordered Zelda Wind Waker, just like everybody, but I as well got the "The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time" and "The Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of time MASTER QUEST".... Which is never before released.

I am sooo freaking glad about this, as I remember talking to alot of people here at the forums like Iguana to know more about the game before playing WIND WAKER, and most of them told me to rent N64 and try the previous game.

But now I can do that on GameCube and only for $20 (CANADIAN) Now thats amazing Cheap!! :D

Damn I am so happy, neways, I bought MGS2 S as well, because the price was so low at BestBuy only $42 (Canadian).. so yeah

Neways Peace out people... gonna play the game NOW!

Oh by the way, the Two games come in One Package, and it also has Sneak Peek at the hottest Nintendo GameCube upcoming titles... like

1.) F-Zero
2.) 1080 Avalance
3.) WarioWorld
4.) The Wind Waker (Ofcourse)
5.) Metroid (.... Hmmm.... Its cool)
6.) A Link to the Past. (GBA)

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:11 PM
Congrats Makg.I'm still kinda unsure if i'm going to order the new zelda or not.Guess it matters if it is a hit or not.

dan da man
Feb 14th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Congrats makg, btw whens that deal coming?

EDIT: also put a review of mgs2 substance makg:D (upto you ofcourse)

MakgSnake
Feb 14th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Thanks guys, and sure I'll put a small review about MGS2 S, as how it is on Xbox.

But I am pretty sure Wind Waker would be a HUGE HUGE hit. And on top of all that you are getting two free games when you pre-order. I think the deal starts everywhere on Sunday Feb 16 2003. And ends March 16th, when the actual Wind Waker gets a release.

Neways..... gonna play some more, and gonna buy few more games this evening.!.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 14th, 2003, 05:09 PM
I envy you Makg and everyone else who can get lots of stuff at once. How might I get a N64? Remember the internet and imports are not within my grasp.

MakgSnake
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

EDIT: also put a review of mgs2 substance makg:D (upto you ofcourse)
Well now that I have played it alot. I would like say somethings about this Xbox version of MGS2 S.

The graphics looks really nice, not any different then PS2 version. But yeah the slow downs..... heavy slow downs I experience when I was outside in the rain. Made me angry.

Selecting weapons and equipment can be sometime hard, as there is no L1 and L2 on the Xbox controller, but slightly touching the Left and Right Trigger (And I mean REALLY slightly) equips and unequips weapons and stuff. Which most of the times is confusing.

One of the really shocking things were that the GAME SLOWS DOWN not only in actual gameplay but at the CUT SCENES too. That scene with Olga at the TANKER, there were slow downs as well. Which really disturbed me for few seconds. Other then that its alright.

The THERMO GOGLES's VISIONS is horrible in my opinion. I dont know what was Kojima thinking. Its just crazy. I Didn't like it, I know many people would think its cool (Splinter Cell Style) but I just got disgusted.

One thing I really liked about the controlls is switching towards FirstPersonMode.... just by clicking the LEFT ANALOG STICK, Snake/Raiden goes into first person mode and stays that way, even if you leave your hand from the Stick. Which I think was cool.

Neways..... now the VR/Alternative Missions and Snake Tales.

Most of the Alternative missions are fun and well hard at the beginning but then becomes easy and sweet, which is good. Gives you a good challenge. So far, the Alternative missions I have played are good, and really really fun.

VR MISSIONS: I dont know, everything seemed so nice in these missions, but that showing of Solid Snake or Raiden in a RED BOX TYPE OF THING is something I dont like. Why did Kojima put that effect in the game. It looks like an error to me, I know it isn't, but still. Neways, all the VR missions I have played are really nice and fun.

SNAKE TALES: Nah, didn't like from the start..... just couldn't stand the reading........which I have never done in an MGS game since 1998. Oh well....... still think the TEXT idea is worst part of Substance (after the slow downs).....

I'll play more of it and mention few more things as well. I love the game, I mean its Metal Gear Solid after all. Still....

dan da man
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Nice review, but the slow downs sound bad.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:41 PM
I'll be getting it for PS2 whenever I get the chance. I wonder if there will be slow downs on that too.

MakgSnake
Feb 18th, 2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

I'll be getting it for PS2 whenever I get the chance. I wonder if there will be slow downs on that too.
I really dont think it would..... as the PS2 Version of "Sons of Liberty" didn't have any. So Substance would be using the main game from "SOL"....

Substance for the Xbox uses "VR and Alternative" Missions as a totally new area. The rest is a port, used by an emulator or something. Thats why it slows down.....

I haven't seen a single slowdown in the VR or the Alternative mission part of the game.

And thanks dan..... The slow downs are bad, especially in the FMVs. But then I was looking forward to it and really being too picky. For all I know, people dont even notice that and think its cool. I am pretty sure I would do that too with any other game, but this isn't any other game for me. Its METAL GEAR SOLID! So yeah slow downs are not good in my opinion.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:24 AM
So, for the PS2 the VR missions and the actual game are toghether, or am I misunderstanding what you are saying.

dan da man
Feb 19th, 2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

in the VR or the Alternative mission part of the game.

And thanks dan..... The slow downs are bad, especially in the FMVs. But then I was looking forward to it and really being too picky. For all I know, people dont even notice that and think its cool. I am pretty sure I would do that too with any other game, but this isn't any other game for me. Its METAL GEAR SOLID! So yeah slow downs are not good in my opinion.

I agree, its mgs should be perfection IMO.

Trunks the ps2 version has no slowdowns like the origanal, SOB!

ssjtrunks13
Feb 19th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by dan da man

Trunks the ps2 version has no slowdowns like the origanal, SOB!

:confused: Okay WHy do you say that?

Beretta55
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:21 PM
I got the bonus disc today as well. along with a free stradgy guide i cant wait to play this game again. since i lost my ocarina of time version on 64 long ago.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 19th, 2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by Beretta55

I got the bonus disc today as well. along with a free stradgy guide i cant wait to play this game again. since i lost my ocarina of time version on 64 long ago.

The bonus disc, will the games on it be released to shelves.

dan da man
Feb 19th, 2003, 05:49 PM

:confused: Okay WHy do you say that?

Because thats what I meant, the ps2 version of substance has no slowdowns like sons of liberty for ps2

Beretta55
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:04 PM

The bonus disc, will the games on it be released to shelves.
Nope the bonus disc wont be released on shelve's if that's what your asking. the only way to get it is reserve it or if you buy wind waker the first day it come's out.

dan da man
Feb 20th, 2003, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by Beretta55

Nope the bonus disc wont be released on shelve's if that's what your asking. the only way to get it is reserve it or if you buy wind waker the first day it come's out.

Damn, I better preorder fast, but for sure is deal in the U.K.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 20th, 2003, 12:58 PM
So, the Ocarina of Time remake is only available through pre-ordering "The Wind Waker"?.

I also saw the commercial for The Wind Waker and I liked it, it makes me want to get a GC even more.

MakgSnake
Feb 20th, 2003, 03:10 PM

So, the Ocarina of Time remake is only available through pre-ordering "The Wind Waker"?.
Yup, only if you Pre-Prder then only you can get your hands on "Ocarina Of Time for GameCube. That is the only way.
Get a GameCube, seriously, its not that expensive and its simply amazing as well!

Beretta55
Feb 20th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Yup, only if you Pre-Prder then only you can get your hands on "Ocarina Of Time for GameCube. That is the only way.
Get a GameCube, seriously, its not that expensive and its simply amazing as well!
Amazeing deal indeed. you know when i got the bonus disc i thought it would come in a crappy sleeve cover of sometime. but instead it came with a cool case:cool:
But yeah trunk's dont wait anylonger on this deal.

And dan i think the deal would be open there or sometime in march. since it come's out may 3rd for you guy's.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 20th, 2003, 04:22 PM
It's a shme I have no money at all and I can't just go up to my parents and ask them to make good use of this deal and get me a Gamecube.

dan da man
Feb 21st, 2003, 05:09 AM

Yes, but you can always pick one up second hand.