PDA

View Full Version : New Gameboy System

rpgKing
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:28 PM
Has anyone seen the Sweet new gameboy system coming out. Its going to be awsome. I hope it plays gba games though. its suppose to have an automatic lite in it too. How cool is that. Has anyone heard this or seen this yet.

mark0™
Feb 14th, 2003, 12:33 PM
Its called the GBA SP I think

theres a thread on it already... here

http://www.ps2fantasy.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5071&pagenumber=1

rpgKing
Feb 14th, 2003, 01:12 PM
What thats freaking crazy:roll: . maybe I should just stick with gba. Thanks for the tip Goodman;)

dan da man
Feb 14th, 2003, 02:33 PM
I was going to get the SP until goodman pointed out that it is more expensive than the gamecube, thats crazy.

RobHardo
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:54 PM
yeah i cant wait man its gunna be great

ssjtrunks13
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:36 PM
How much does the Gamecube cost?

dan da man
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

How much does the Gamecube cost?

To you, 99$ with a free game.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 18th, 2003, 05:25 PM
I thought it was more. Is $99 the new price for it or is it just for a limited time?

DSgamer
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:58 PM
99 !!!!!!???? i just saw da comercial on TV it said "get a gamecube for 149.99 and get one of these great new titles for free" i havent read n e thing about it beign 99, although i did read a rumor on ign.com that it was going 2 b 99 after E3

ssjtrunks13
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Well, if it is lowered to only $99 then yay, but if not that's cool too. I know it looks to be a rumor.

DSgamer
Feb 19th, 2003, 12:25 AM
dude, if GC goes cheap, ill buy one for no reason

Spank-A-Thon
Feb 19th, 2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by dan da man

I was going to get the SP until goodman pointed out that it is more expensive than the gamecube, thats crazy. Dan, the GBA SP in the UK will be £90 - I checked with my local Game store.

- S

dan da man
Feb 19th, 2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon

Dan, the GBA SP in the UK will be £90 - I checked with my local Game store.

- S

ohh..that cool.

the 99$ deal with a free game is no rumour.:peoples:

Vicious_2003
Feb 20th, 2003, 02:35 PM
The gamecube is 149.99 with a free game. So really considering the game is a 49.95 value your only paying 99 dollars got the cube itself. Ofcourse you only get to choose from 4 games but the games you have no choose form are pretty good, id buy one of them atleast if not two if I got a gamecube. Id get RE 0 and Metroid Prime.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 20th, 2003, 04:19 PM
I just hope by the time I have the money to get one it doesn't disappear.:laugh:

dan da man
Feb 21st, 2003, 05:15 AM
Oh sorry guy's...just that I saw a pop up on IGN with some deal with the gamecube. Still a good deal.:)

MakgSnake
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:44 PM
I seriously cannot wait for GBA SP...... I would get these games with this handheld system.

1.) Metroid Fusion
2.) Castlevania (The recent one)
3.) Street Fighter Alpha
4.) Super Mario Advance 1

And later I'll get more, but for the time being I think I'll be cool with these.

Oh yeah GBA right now is giving "Golden Sun" or "Pokeman Crystal Version" for free.... its a new bundle pack.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Oh yeah GBA right now is giving "Golden Sun" or "Pokeman Crystal Version" for free.... its a new bundle pack.[/color]

Do you know how long this is going on? and could you let me know of somewhere I can get more information on this. I'd really appreciate it.

dan da man
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by goodman

So your willing to spend about $170 for a handheld gaming console, Makg? Seriously makes me question why, seeing if you already have a GBA there is no reason to own anything else... So you can have a backlit screen? Buy a flashlight, its much cheaper...

Makg might just be a hardcore gamer, so he's willing to spend that amount of money on games.

MakgSnake
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:24 AM

So your willing to spend about $170 for a handheld gaming console, Makg? Seriously makes me question why, seeing if you already have a GBA there is no reason to own anything else... So you can have a backlit screen? Buy a flashlight, its much cheaper...
I know you are right as well, buying the previous GBA and then getting a light is much cheaper and its just a handheld, but I just wanna have it......... I have never bought a GameBoy before.... and now that I am planning to.........I just want the best one in the market. We still do go on trips to Chicago and NewYork by car.... it would be awesome for that..... and lunch breaks would be fun too now.

I never really wanted to buy Xbox you know....... But after purchasing GameCube it hit me that I should own all the three systems just for the heck of it and the only "system" I dont have is GameBoy. Well I do play all three systems alot..... and I mean alot (On a holiday I am up till 8 am playing various games). So SP would help me out in alot of things..... to me its a new high tech gadget that can do wonders. And that Street Fighter Alpha looks Amazing on that little devil! :D

And Ssj.... I tried to look at different sites, but none of them are talking about the new Bundle Option GameBoyAdvance is giving. May be its not a great one, still I think Golden Sun is one of the best RPGs on GameBoyA. The game itself costs $49.99 (Canadian). You are saving $39.99 dollars on that. And I think the Bundle offer started because alot of people knows that GBASP is coming so nobody is buying this GBA now. So to still sell them away they started this bundle which I think would end till the release of SP (Or would go for even longer). Hope all that helps. :)

ssjtrunks13
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:37 AM

I know you are right as well, buying the previous GBA and then getting a light is much cheaper and its just a handheld, but I just wanna have it......... I have never bought a GameBoy before.... and now that I am planning to.........I just want the best one in the market. We still do go on trips to Chicago and NewYork by car.... it would be awesome for that..... and lunch breaks would be fun too now.

I never really wanted to buy Xbox you know....... But after purchasing GameCube it hit me that I should own all the three systems just for the heck of it and the only "system" I dont have is GameBoy. Well I do play all three systems alot..... and I mean alot (On a holiday I am up till 8 am playing various games). So SP would help me out in alot of things..... to me its a new high tech gadget that can do wonders. And that Street Fighter Alpha looks Amazing on that little devil! :D :)

I'd like to get the SP for many of the same reasons.

And Ssj.... I tried to look at different sites, but none of them are talking about the new Bundle Option GameBoyAdvance is giving. May be its not a great one, still I think Golden Sun is one of the best RPGs on GameBoyA. The game itself costs $49.99 (Canadian). You are saving $39.99 dollars on that. And I think the Bundle offer started because alot of people knows that GBASP is coming so nobody is buying this GBA now. So to still sell them away they started this bundle which I think would end till the release of SP (Or would go for even longer). Hope all that helps

Thanks for the help. I wasn't sure if it was for the GBA or GBA SP. Yet another way nintendo has frustrated me. Oh well, over here Golden Sun is just $29.99

MakgSnake
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by dan da man

Makg might just be a hardcore gamer, so he's willing to spend that amount of money on games.
Yup, I truly am, I am even planning on buying another Ps2 for the basement, so my old one would go into the basement and the new one inside my room! :D

mark0™
Feb 26th, 2003, 02:18 PM
I own every Game Boy system except the original Bricky one, I aint gonna stop now.

I have my eyes on the GBA SP with the Silver Shell :)

And Goodman.. $170?! Its gonna be £85 here in the UK, so that doesnt sound right...

MakgSnake
Feb 26th, 2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by mark0

And Goodman.. $170?! Its gonna be £85 here in the UK, so that doesnt sound right...
I know, even in the United States its going to be $115 (after tax), which sounds pretty cool. But in Canada after tax its turning out to be $172.

Well atleast its better then where I use to live before in the middle east. ONE Ps2 game costed for DHS 250. Which sounded and was ALOT for a game!!! The Ps2 itself costed for DHS 2000.

And this GameBoy Advance SP is going to be for DHS 450 which is alot as well.

Neways.... Mid March is going to be a BUSY part of the month. I have to buy 6 games for Ps2 1 game for NGC and SP with 4 games. DAMN!

dan da man
Feb 26th, 2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by mark0
Its gonna be £85 here in the UK, so that doesnt sound right...

Thats not bad, I thought the GBA SP was going to be more expensive! But I had a GBA but sold it, Only becuase I moved away from some of my friends who all had GBA's with link cables....oh welll.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:39 PM
That's about the price of it at Best Buy.

dan da man
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

That's about the price of it at Best Buy.

Do you guys have diffrent prices at diffrent stores?!?!?!? which is cool!

dan da man
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:55 PM

Sure, there are different prices, but they wont vary that much, especially with a new product. I noticed a price for a refurbished GameCube at EBWorld, only $85, which is wild, practically giving it away now...

Yea I can imagine the prices not haveing a huge price gap! but $85 dollars for a refurbished gamecube:shock: that is soooo cheap, thats why I wanna come over to the States for my holidays and buy and buy! Its so cheaper (video games) in the U.S. than in U.K.!

DragonSphere
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:16 PM
Well, one of my friends just got the SP today and I tried it out for myself. All I can say is, the thing is really really small! But somehow, the sleek new look is damn cool, and the controls feel just as comfortable as on the regular GBA; even with the shortened L and R buttons. The light is pretty bright as well, and it's great now that you can charge the battery. I have to get one...:drool:

DragonSphere
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:07 AM
Perhaps it is good to wait, since I already have the original Advance, and it only took about a year or so for that price to go down (not to mention my money problem right now). Bleh..I was just hooked on the new look. :P

MakgSnake
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:12 AM
Yeah, I'll be getting my GameBoyAdvance SP tomorrow morning 10:00am sharp (22nd March). Woohoo. I am not getting the games that I thought I would be, as of money short problems (Have to buy gifts for my sister on her birthday too).

The game I will be getting...... ---> (The New Tom And Jerry Game) :D

MakgSnake
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:44 PM
Well seems like nobody posted after my post. Oh well, its 12:38pm here in Mississuaga, and I have been playing my GameBoy Advance for the last 2 1/2 hour....... and man it rocks. For the the first 30 minutes I couldn't just take my eye away from it. I was all touching and all. Checking all the features. Its so beautiful. I bought the Silver Matalic one.

Well as for the game, yeah I did buy the Tom And Jerry: Infurnal Escape. Starring "TOM". :D

The game rocks, the screen rocks. Its all bright....... when I turn the light off... I can hardly see anything...... damn it must have been hard for all the previous version owners. As when I use it without the Light On...... its works perfectly fine only if I am sitting next to the window (daylight). Even with my room light......the screen without the light isn't that good. The backLight feature is just awesome. I also bought the special Cord so through which I can plug in headphones.. the cord came with silver headphones, pretty sweeet. Its just awesome.

The game is awesome too.... I love the fact that it has so many features in the game. And you can do so many things...... and graphically its beautiful too. Just the background music that isn't that that great. Still really fun to play. Comming Firday, I think I'll buy Castlevania HOD, and Yoshi's Island. :)

Who else has got their SP?......

mark0™
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Yo Makg, Me and my borther got SP's yesterday!

My Parents bought us them when they went to Las Vegas for the week.

I Can't beleive how good the picture looks with the backlight! It actually looks more detailed! Amazing.

I Love the charger only, no batteries, makes it so compact, its amazingly easy to carry around.

I Think it looks really grown up too, only one thing I Dont like, Its not very wide, and it feels akward to hold... Especially for me, since my hands are big. Also the Shoulder Buttons aren't to conviently placed IMO.

Oh and I got a Silver one too! My Bro has the blue.

Preventer Wind
Mar 26th, 2003, 12:26 AM
Bah, don't get an mp3 player. You may be able to play songs on your Game Boy Advance in the near future. Though I think the article I read said that it would take a while to be able to use your own music. So I would look into that first.

I am certainly going to buy one soon. I am looking for a good deal though. I don't want to spend 100 bucks on just the the unit then have to spend another 30-40 on a game. I will buy Final Fantasy Tactics Advance and Crystal Chronicles when they come out. I may buy Napoleon too. I will certainly stay away from that Pokemon stuff. I feel into that trap once before. NEVER AGAIN!!!!

ssjtrunks13
Mar 26th, 2003, 06:15 AM

The game rocks, the screen rocks. Its all bright....... when I turn the light off... I can hardly see anything...... damn it must have been hard for all the previous version owners. As when I use it without the Light On...... its works perfectly fine only if I am sitting next to the window (daylight). Even with my room light......the screen without the light isn't that good. The backLight feature is just awesome. I also bought the special Cord so through which I can plug in headphones.. the cord came with silver headphones, pretty sweeet. Its just awesome.

Yep, it sucks without the backlighting, I don't have an SPO though but I hear some friends who went to New York for some sort of school trip got SPs from going to see TRL(a stupid american music request show; for those not in the know) damn them; I don't like the show but I still would have wanted to be there to get a free SP, so it's a pain having to sit in front of a light or window or having to buy that overhead light accessory which sucks up battery power at an alarming rate. If I only I could have held for a month when the news of the SP hit me thanks to you, then I would have waited before I bought anything just to get the SP, damn. Hope you guys have lots of fun playing your SPs.