PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of Destiny- A little help, please?

merylsilverburg
Feb 24th, 2002, 01:43 AM
I dunno if anyone has played or even heard of this game, since it doesn't look appealing, even though the mags gave it good reviews. But, I just wanted to know if anyone here has played this game, because I kinda need help on it. Also, if this game doesn't belong in this forum, I AM VERY SORRY! :( I didn't know what this game should be categorized, so I apologize if it has to be moved to Strategy/Simulation. Anyways, for this game, I already got all the endings except for one. That is the A Ending. I know I'm supposed to go to the Fortune Teller at some point, but I don't know when. Can anyone help? I tried to look for a guide, but for some strange reason, I can't find one. And yes, some people might find this game retarded, but personally, I think it's very interesting. So, please don't laugh, I just need a little help. :)

Reid
Feb 24th, 2002, 03:30 AM
Hey, Shadow of Destiny is awesome!
Umm . . .
I've gotten all of the endings, and I used a guide by searching for "shadow of destiny walkthroughs" on http://www.lycos.com.

Hadoken
Feb 24th, 2002, 04:43 AM
meryl, I`ll pm you the link to a guide.
it has info on all the endings, and tells you exactly what to do to get the endings.

Pearl
Feb 24th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Why don't you try this guide (http://www.ps2fantasy.com/scripts/guides.php?gid=81) ?
I used it when I was playing the game.

BTW, Shadow of Destiny is one of the best games I've ever played. And you posted in the right place, because it's not simulation or strategy, it's adventure :)

merylsilverburg
Feb 24th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Aahhhh! Thank you so much, you guys!!! :happy: I tried to find guides on the internet, but there didn't seem to be one. I guess I looked too early, when the game was still newly released. I'm glad other people enjoyed this game, it's very intersting and unique. Did any of you buy the game or decided to rent and play it through? I'm still wondering if I should buy it or not. :heh:

Hadoken
Feb 24th, 2002, 03:47 PM
I own the game, i bought it back when it was released because i was in an rpg playing mood. i thought it would be long, but it wasnt as long as i hoped it would be.
so i`m kinda stuck with it, i havent played it for a long while now... i`ll put it in later if i have the time.

Soul Angel
Feb 24th, 2002, 04:25 PM
I rented that game out once and I really liked it too! :happy:
I've been thinking of buying it, since I've only ever got one of the endings before I had to return it back :sarcams:

Reid
Feb 24th, 2002, 07:10 PM
I didn't by Shadow of Destiny but I wish I would've.
One of my buddies lent it to me the day I bought my PS2 because he said I'd really like it, which I did.
I'll probably end up buying it in the future though, when I have a bit of extra cash.

Hadoken
Feb 24th, 2002, 07:20 PM
i`m playing it again now! :D

GaseousSnake
Feb 24th, 2002, 07:33 PM
Wow and i thought it was just a s**t game

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 24th, 2002, 07:44 PM
No Gaseous the game is awesome each time you get a new ending it reveals a little more of the story and man when you see some of those endings there pretty surprising

GaseousSnake
Feb 24th, 2002, 07:50 PM
Gotta go get that TITLE

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 24th, 2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by GaseousSnake
Gotta go get that TITLE

The games is worth purchasing,trust me if you get it you'll love it

merylsilverburg
Feb 24th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
No Gaseous the game is awesome each time you get a new ending it reveals a little more of the story and man when you see some of those endings there pretty surprising

Yes! I know they shocked me a lot!

*SPOILERS* I thought Ending C was worst than Ending E! Can you believe it? I think Konami screwed up the order there. :disturb: *SPOILERS END*

Well, I guess I'll go get the game when I've got extra $$. I heard that after you get all the endings, there's this mini-game unlocked? I read it in PSMagazine. I forgot which issue though.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 24th, 2002, 08:37 PM
Hmmm mini game thats the first i heard of that.Hmm going to have to work for those last few endings for that mini game

Hadoken
Feb 24th, 2002, 09:59 PM
we should talk about some of the endings. but i dont wanna spoil the game for some of you.,

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 24th, 2002, 10:08 PM
Go head we should discuss them and what they have to do with the game.

Hadoken
Feb 24th, 2002, 10:24 PM
SPOILERS!!!

ok, lets start with ending.... E!
i dont get it! why did dr. wagner turn into eike?

highlight for easier read.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 24th, 2002, 10:30 PM
Well mainly as i see it Eike was dr.wagner all along hence him not ever remember anything before his nap accept for a few details.At least thats how i see it

Hadoken
Feb 25th, 2002, 04:46 AM
ok, i just finished getting both the A and EX endings, and it all makes sense now!
if you get every other ending but dont get A and EX, you dont know whats goin on!
i thought i knew, but once i got the endings, i went "WTF?!". one word man, "SHOCKING".
If you play this game, i highly encourage you to get the A ending! you can also get B and C too by just reloading your chapter 8 save and doing different things to get to the end.
But lemme just sum it all up for you. Margarrette is actually supposed to be Dana. homonculus switched them so that if hugo left margarrite in the future, nothing would happen.
now take a look carefully.
dana= blonde hair
marge= brown hair
dana is eike`s ancestor! and marge is actually mr. eckerts daughter!
remember how his wife got attacked? homonculus just took the baby! marge looks a lot like mr and mrs eckert. and dana looks like eike!
and the fortune teller is actually hugo`s mother! hugo used his fathers machines to try and bring her back to life with the lock of hair he had. but he didnt bring her back to life, he got interuppted by his father before he could finish. so his mother`s spirit was released and she had no physical body. only eike can see her spirit, since he has already died. the fortune telling house cannot be seen by the living. thats why eike says "I`ve never noticed this place before" at the beggining of the game.
and with the E ending, dr wagner becomes eike, but i still cant understand how and why that happened.
I think the best endings are the A and EX(even though its a bit short), those two endings are the happy ones. i dont really like seeing the sad ones. except maybe for C, cuz that one was just plain crazy!
If you ever do the A ending, make sure you tell marge to stay in the future with eike, or else it`ll turn into ending B.
aww, what a great game. i`m glad i went back and played it today.
And if you cant understand the storyline from what i said in this post, just play the game again for yourself and get all the endings. its worth it once you finish.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 25th, 2002, 06:54 AM
Qusetion can you get dana to stay in the future with you

Hadoken
Feb 25th, 2002, 01:26 PM
yes you can. if i can remember correctly, that would be ending D.
if you want margarette to stay in future, then it would be ending A.

there are 5 key points in this game. the desicions you make will determine the outcome.

Reid
Feb 25th, 2002, 09:43 PM
How long is the EX mode?
I played a few minutes of it, and it was pretty funny, but how long does it last for?
Is it the entire game again?

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 25th, 2002, 10:08 PM
Hmm i woudnt know i don't think i've played the EX mode

Hadoken
Feb 25th, 2002, 10:50 PM
The EX story is actually quite short. it only took me just about half and hour.
You just have to say "Am i dead again?", and "oh, homonculus" at the beggining to start the EX story.
You have to do a few things to get it to go right. There is a guide on it. if any of you need the address to it, i can pm it to you.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 06:14 PM
Hmm thats wierd.A mode i havent heard of

merylsilverburg
Feb 26th, 2002, 08:55 PM
Oh, that must be the mini-game that you get when you get all the endings! Am I right? :confused:

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 08:56 PM
Yeah i think you are

Hadoken
Feb 26th, 2002, 09:35 PM
no, no. EX stands for extra. as in an extra ending you can only get once you`ve unlocked all of the other endings.
but in the EX story, eike already knows whats going to happen. so you can choose to do different things and get to a totally different ending that only takes about half an hour to complete.

merylsilverburg
Feb 26th, 2002, 09:39 PM
Oops....sorry, Hadoken! :p :right:

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Hadoken
no, no. EX stands for extra. as in an extra ending you can only get once you`ve unlocked all of the other endings.
but in the EX story, eike already knows whats going to happen. so you can choose to do different things and get to a totally different ending that only takes about half an hour to complete.

Sounds really cool i'll have to play the game again

merylsilverburg
Mar 1st, 2002, 08:54 PM
Ooh! Ooh! I have a question!

*SPOILERS*
Is there any way to save the baby Margarete from being captured by Homunculus on that snowy day? Everytime I play that part, I try and try but there doesn't seem to be a way.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 1st, 2002, 08:59 PM
There isnt anyway to save her that i've heard of

Hadoken
Mar 2nd, 2002, 06:41 PM
You can save miriam from being shot, but you cant save mr. eckerts daughter(margerettes real name should be dana). The baby gets kidnapped, there is nothing you can do.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 06:44 PM
How do you save her from being killed

Hadoken
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:30 PM
(this part is from a guide i found)
In chapter 6...
After talking to Oleg
walk down Haupstr.After hearing a gunshot you should see Miriam on the
ground.When you regain control go to before the incident and you are given two choices to say.
Run down the streets again for another cut-scene.This time you are
blamed for her death.When you regain control try to run away and return
to the present before it is GAME OVER.You will meet Homunculus while in the wormhole.
In the present return straight away to 1980.When you regain control
after another cut-scene run after Miriam and stay behind her or else
you'll have to start all over again.First she takes a turn up
Neuwstanderstr.and takes another turn before the Cafe Sonne,before
running down Haupstr.again.When you have saved return to the present.

So basicly, just go back to 1980 3 times, and on the 3rd time, keep in range of miriam and she will live.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:35 PM
OH thats cool,thanx man im going to go try it

merylsilverburg
Mar 2nd, 2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Hadoken
(this part is from a guide i found)
In chapter 6...
After talking to Oleg
walk down Haupstr.After hearing a gunshot you should see Miriam on the
ground.When you regain control go to before the incident and you are given two choices to say.
Run down the streets again for another cut-scene.This time you are
blamed for her death.When you regain control try to run away and return
to the present before it is GAME OVER.You will meet Homunculus while in the wormhole.
In the present return straight away to 1980.When you regain control
after another cut-scene run after Miriam and stay behind her or else
you'll have to start all over again.First she takes a turn up
Neuwstanderstr.and takes another turn before the Cafe Sonne,before
running down Haupstr.again.When you have saved return to the present.

So basicly, just go back to 1980 3 times, and on the 3rd time, keep in range of miriam and she will live.

OMIGOD! I've gotta go and try that! I remember when I got to that part, and she was being a total nuisance....ignoring what my warning and all....:disturb: