PDA

View Full Version : So who's got the game?

dan da man
Feb 13th, 2003, 09:57 AM
Whos got EverQuest Online Adventures for ps2?

btw, Harry its cool that you have made a forum dedicated to everquest, thx.:)

Decifer
Feb 13th, 2003, 10:30 AM
i have money saved up but to play everquest ill need the game, network adaptor, a keyboard(netplay controller maybe) and a router to get my computer and ps2 online at the same time or i wont be able to play much. today im trading in some games and gonna buy Nhl Hitz 20-03 (great game) but i wanna get everquest really bad so ill just save money and wait.

Beretta55
Feb 13th, 2003, 04:46 PM
I'll probally have to skip this title. even though it look's very cool......i have to get the game,adapter and then a keyboard...so i wont either get it....or i wont be getting it anytime soon.

David
Feb 14th, 2003, 09:01 AM
Got the game guys and it looks awesome! If you guys don't, or can't get hold of a credit card, buy a game card. And the requirments are, the keyboard, EQ online adventures, an internet connection, router, and the PS2 Network Adaptor.

Good thinking Harry.

dan da man
Feb 14th, 2003, 10:00 AM
David, how much do the game cards cost you? and how long do they last you?

EDIT: one more question David, How many people are on EQOA, not many yet? seeing is only just come out?

Decifer
Feb 14th, 2003, 02:51 PM
1. Game Cards: $10 American Approx $15 Canadain last you 1 month (30 days) Plus you get 30 days free when you buy the game.

2. Population: Approx. 2000 ppl per server lots of server ( servers have different rules (i think) some maybe not have pk some do)

...as for me buying the game i saw it yesturday at EB and i didnt have enough for network adaptor and game so i bought NHL Hitz 20-03 GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!! gonna buy it next month

sk8er_kyle
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:43 AM
I dont think I'll be buying it. I still need to buy a network adapter. Then I want to buy tony hawk 4. And I think I would rather try FF11 (I dont have enough money for both).

MakgSnake
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:49 AM
I am pretty sure it would be a fun game for RPG lovers, but to be really honest, I know for many people it wouldn't be an issue but this game has bad graphics (PSone type). May be because the game is so huge, they had to take the space out from somewhere. I saw a couple of videos as well, didn't impress me. I am not into RPGs at all.... but even if I was, I think I'd pass on it.... but then who knows.

So whoever bought it, put up your thoughts. The Online CARD is for $15 (Canadian)... which is sweet I think.

I hope Resident Evil Online comes with this card as well, where you buy it and put in the password code to go online for 30 days. I really hope. Cause $15 a month isn't bad at all.......

But you can play Everquest Online for Free for the first 30 days...

David
Feb 15th, 2003, 07:01 PM
It's supose to be 3000 each server, but no worries, because not alot of people are playing the game. I say it is fun, but lvling up is hard. And FFXI is gonna cost more because, you will need a HDD and some other stuff, but still worth to play.

dan da man
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I hope Resident Evil Online comes with this card as well, where you buy it and put in the password code to go online for 30 days. I really hope. Cause $15 a month isn't bad at all.......

I hope they do that aswell, id rather do that, instead of paying loads of game bills out on the credit card.

dan da man
Feb 16th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by goodman

FFXI isnt likely to come out in the U.S. so no worries there...

What do you mean? The U.S. isnt getting it? What countires are?:shock:

jjmoohead
Feb 16th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Goodman, i love your honesty, have notspoke to you in a while. Are you picking up Everquest? I am seriously thinking about it today. Maybe well get a chance to play together sometime.

jjmoohead
Feb 16th, 2003, 05:17 PM
Ya I need an enitre new computer before I go online gaming with it. I guess thats why im so into the PS2 online gaming. I love to play online. I have Tony hawk 3 and 4, ATV Off Road 2, and of corse Socom, and Im on my way right now to pick up everquest. I am a sucker for ps2 online gaming.

jjmoohead
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Yes yes yes its a double post...shush....

I got the game now, I traded in 3 games to get it. but do you think i could find a friken USB keyboard in this fricked up friken city, frick no...grrrrrrrr so mad right now.

David
Feb 17th, 2003, 07:13 AM
Go order one on www.ebgames.com

I wanna meet people in the game from here...

David
Feb 17th, 2003, 07:18 AM

FFXI isnt likely to come out in the U.S. so no worries there...

Your joking, where did you hear that from? I got to see this, if it's true, my heart is going to snap, but it should come out, because they are making the HDD in English.

jjmoohead
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:32 AM
Well I am on there now, so you can find me...im only level 6 warrior right now, the name is jjmoohead on there too, but i cant really talk cause i have no keyboard and I hate talking with the controller.

CORRECTION/EDIT: Rather then making yet another double post I would just like to say I am now level 8 half way to 9 and now own a keyboard for the PS2. Only drove 30 miles it seems to get the damn thing...so come find me....ill be there most of the night!

jjmoohead
Feb 19th, 2003, 12:09 AM
Ok I guess i am the only one here playing this, but heres an update anyway

Level 11 Warrior and now apart of a Guild. I was actually asked, its kinda sweet to be honest!

Decifer
Feb 19th, 2003, 02:53 PM
ahhh all you guys are getting far ahead of me and i dont got the game yet.. i gotta wait til beggining of march to get it. Im trading in NHL hitz 20-03 for the networkd adaptor today then gonna buy a keyboard in a week.

David
Feb 19th, 2003, 03:55 PM
LVL 14, Shadow Knight, im in a guild, I am named Monto, in Deren Hold Server. I've been playing the game constantly. It's not easy sometimes, but heck, it's fun. I now that you are playin the game Jim.

jjmoohead
Feb 20th, 2003, 01:40 AM
Sorry dave im not on that server I am on the the one that starts with c i think. I am now Level 13 yahoo!!!!!

Decifer
Feb 23rd, 2003, 01:47 PM
i finally got it working last nite and i played it from 12pm to 2am lol this game rocks im a lvl 12 Babarian warrior. Its hard though cuz i dont got a keyboard but im getting one on wednesday.

jjmoohead
Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:19 PM
Decifer your lev 12 after that much time. Thats impressive. It took me 3 days to get to 12. I am now almost 15 but im thinking about taking a few days of to do stuff for my university classes

dan da man
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:07 PM

If anybody gets too involved in EQ they can easily stop doing other things, trust me, just trust me...

Is it really that addictive?

dan da man
Feb 23rd, 2003, 05:13 PM

You dont see these guys posting much, do you? Its because they are playing, or thinking about playing!!

Sorry, im a little tired right now.
but is it?:D:laugh: J/K

David
Feb 23rd, 2003, 05:58 PM

If anybody gets too involved in EQ they can easily stop doing other things, trust me, just trust me...

Oh it's true... I'm losing the things I love... I'm thinking of bringing the game back at EB, and trade it for SOCOM, I got tons more of gamecredits from EB, so ill get more, and Goodman, where did you hear that FFXI won't come out... I know it's coming out, because they are just trying to get the HDD, into English version and the game server up. I don't care how long it takes, I want that game badly. I'm a FF fan, then a EQ fan.

And one of those things I love doing before the game roted my mind, was coming here to chat with you guys. You guys are the best.

David
Feb 23rd, 2003, 06:05 PM

Well, for one thing, ive only heard its not coming out in the U.S. But lets face it, rumors are rumors, but the only thing that i hear much talk about FF wise is FFX2, which i beleive is due this year. The online version of FF isnt supposed to be released here in the U.S., i could be wrong, though since i dont have the ps2 online its not much consequence to me and i dont follow that news closely...

To think about it, im not from the States at all, how about we say North America, will it come out in Canada?

David
Feb 23rd, 2003, 06:16 PM

Find out, i have no info, its as hard as typing FFXI into a search engine...

When I read, it was supose to come out in North America also. But they were trying to get the HDD working. Like I said before.

David
Feb 23rd, 2003, 06:25 PM

Yeah, add some more expense to your gaming experience! Always a great way to make sure your successful...

Was that good what you said?

David
Feb 23rd, 2003, 07:02 PM

Sony needs to give away the HD if they expect people to pay to play some of their games and pay for the cost of the game, etc. Nobody does well when they have to sell a lot of hardware, many examples exist in history...

True, but think about it, FFXI in Japan is running well. I think they shouldn't have a problem with making the HDD, they probably would need it for another game in the future.

Decifer
Feb 23rd, 2003, 11:12 PM
man i need a keyboard everquest is hard without one does anyone know if that USB Keybaord made just for PS2 is out yet? not the netplay controller its just a normal keyboard made for ps2 online games... n e ways i didnt gain any levels today :( mostly cuz of the fact i was exploring and got lost for like 3 hours MAN thats one big game.

jjmoohead
Feb 23rd, 2003, 11:45 PM
Any USB keyboard will work with the ps2, its just plug and play. I picked one up for $20 at a computer store. Just make sure its USB.

jjmoohead
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:58 AM
Man goodman, if I could get that here I would be on easy street. Seems to take about 40 minutes just to get a team together to XP.

David
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:03 PM

Wait until you get higher level, Moo, if you think its taking time now, you havent even started. Ive played off and on now three years so already know place, people, and things about the game. It really helps, because there is a lot of learning to do in the game, and that all takes a lot of time... Im at lvl 24 now, but im just planning on playing this month and then going back to mostly console for a while...

It's taking you over, ain't it Goodman, will, im hooked again... But I don't care, I love this game.

David
Feb 27th, 2003, 10:38 PM

Nah, David, aint taking me over, once XenoSaga arrives on my front doorstep, it will take me over!! Guaranteed...

Is that game online?

dan da man
Feb 28th, 2003, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by David

Is that game online?

I dont think it is.

jjmoohead
Mar 1st, 2003, 02:20 AM
I was playing again yesterday, but the stupid game had a problem with lev 15 questsfor war hum and the dudes i had to kill wouldnt spawn so im stuck for a little bit.

BTW goodman, whats with the emitt smith thing, did he retire?

jjmoohead
Mar 1st, 2003, 12:55 PM
I love evercrack, but I can seriously see myself trading it in for a new game in the next month cause its taking over my life!

Ohhhhh, dumping the salary huh....I need to watch more NFL but I only tend to watch the superbowl.

jjmoohead
Mar 1st, 2003, 11:02 PM
i just have to wait for a game to really jump out at me to make me trade this one in for it. I know there are some good ones comming, but nothing i really want to purchase.

jjmoohead
Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:03 AM
GRRRR and I sure don't like that at all, I guess I'll just trade it in asap, i don't really want to start a new character after all that time playing the game.

Decifer
Mar 12th, 2003, 11:45 AM
i bought everquest and the network adaptor seperate on seperate days costing me both for about $160 now that i have everthing the DAMN eb has a sell for "Buy a Network Adaptor and Get Everquest Free" but what makes me madder is that i could of gotten my money back for everquest if i purchased Everquest 14days before the sale or something like that and i cant get my money back cuz i purchased the network adaptor a day too early. lol i HATE sales... :mad:

Matrix
May 25th, 2003, 02:54 AM
not many people on everquest on this site!!! oh well, just stopped by to say that I'm picking up everquest and all the other stuff I need on tues.

( I easily get the money for this on these school acheivement awards that they do once every couple of years for the entire city and a couple surrounding towns, I am 1 of 15 students getting a $200 award and an expensive lunch at a fancy restaurant!!!!!)

Man I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see ya then people!!!!!!!!