PDA

View Full Version : I Want My Virtual Reality !!!

RIP C Hennig
Feb 12th, 2003, 09:14 PM
You know what ? I am getting sick of people comparing xbox to ps2 to gamecube to pc etcetera etcetera etcetera. Wake up and smell the coffee people. It's not about graphics anymore, ok, the graphics war was played out with nintendo versus sega. It's 2 0 0 3, two thousand and three, 2 K 3. The future of gaming, but where are the futuristic games ? I say screw xbox, screw ps2, screw gamecube, screw your home pc, I WANT MY VIRTUAL REALITY ! whatever happened to virtual reality ? Remember the powerglove for nintendo, that was when 1989? It's 2003. Don't you think in the last 14 years they could've progressed from a virtual video game glove to a virtual VIDEO GAME ??? Look at how far technology has come in autos, travel, weapons, the human race itself, what the hell is the excuse for no virtual reality ? Did all the video game companies just completely forget about the whole idea ? If they did, I say it's time for a new video game company. This would also be a chance for nintendo to take their status as the #1 gaming company in the world once again, which they haven't been since the end of the n64 era and the beginning of the cube millenium. If I said it once in this post, I said it a million times, I WANT MY VIRTUAL REALITY !!!

dan da man
Feb 13th, 2003, 06:55 AM
Yes that is your opinion, but it is 2003 and I still like a game for graphics. magazines reviews rate games for grapics, gamplay, sound, replay value, ect.

Hope you get your virtual reality, btw dont flame!

mark0™
Feb 13th, 2003, 11:35 AM
You mean you'd actually like to see Small sized, not too expensive VR machines being made for home entertainment instead of continuing with consoles...

Nice thought, I'd like that too, but I think it'll be a while until something like that appears unfortunately.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 14th, 2003, 04:54 PM
I thought nintendo had the Virtual Boy for a short while? Though I have never seen it anywhere and I don't think he was flaming. I would also like a virtual thing, then they could make MGS for it(unless that will be too dangerous)

KraftSLU
Feb 15th, 2003, 10:55 AM
Virtual boy bombed worse than any video game system ever. Even Saturn and Jaguar, which is sad. As far as virtual reality games, it's not something you will see coming to the home anytime soon. One big reason is a huge percentage of the world population seems to get sick after experiencing computer produced true-3d images after a while. Another thing is the ridiculous amount of money it would cost. Not only do you have to design wearable gear, but the fact that each headset has to have 2 image projectors, each having as much clairty as your tv pack into about a 1 inch square. Costly as hell. And last but not least I don't think anyone would want to program that crap, as you actually have to program for two different displays. Maybe sometime in the future this will be possible, but it doesn't seem too likely now.

MakgSnake
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by RIP C Hennig

Don't you think in the last 14 years they could've progressed from a virtual video game glove to a virtual VIDEO GAME ???
I am pretty sure they have and I am pretty sure they have made things which are un imaginable, but they will not show it public anytime soon. They want to squeze the juice completely out of Console games first.

The Stealth Aircraft was made back in 1942, but was not shown to public and was revealed in the Desert Storm. Thats how everything is .......

I am pretty sure Flat Screen TVs were made when TELEVISION became famous among constant buyers, but everybody knew that people will buy the NON FLAT SCREENS for years as it was something still being sold and selling quite well. After its life span died, they showed the Flat Screen (Woh, how did they do that?. Just made the screen flat??.!!)

So yeah, I am pretty sure they have made your Virtual Reality GAME and everything, but they will reveal it only when we'll get really tired of TV SCREEN VIDEO GAMES. Which I think would happen in alot of years time.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 17th, 2003, 09:06 PM
You're probably right, but it might be sooner than you think that people will get tired of video game on the TV though it may not be while we're alive.

sk8er_kyle
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:00 AM
A Virtual Reality game would be cool. It would acually feel like your there. It would be way more fun to. But for now consoles will do just fine. Maybe when every one gets tired of them far into the future they will make Virtual Reality games.

dan da man
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:34 AM
These game probally have been made, but some not suitable to put on the shelves, I dont know much though about this.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 18th, 2003, 11:22 AM
They may think that games like MGS2 on a VR system would may be too dangerous.

Vicious
Feb 18th, 2003, 11:36 AM
Im not sure which planet you were living on at the time, Rip, but Nintendo lost any advantage they had as the SNES declined and we moved into the PS era, and by not putting out the N64 quickly, or supporting it with quality games. Nintendo has lived off of handheld hardware and software sales a long time, the N64 was the heap that helped put them in trouble. The Playstation took over the market shortly after it was introduced, and the N64 never even breathed a chance to come close... Just thought id add a bit of truth to your statements...

N64, IMO, is one of the best systems ever. It had way better graphics than the Playstation and u didnt have to have a memory card for most games because the data was saved directly to the game. The N64 also has some of the best games ever for it (Goldeneye, Conker's BFD, Zelda).

ssjtrunks13
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by goodman

For young people the N64 was an ok system. For anyone over fifteen it wasnt viable...

And yet I wanted one anyway. At least they remade Ocarina of time for Gamecube.