PDA

View Full Version : GBA games

ssjtrunks13
Feb 12th, 2003, 12:00 PM
This was inspired by mark0's question. Of course there's more but these are ones I would be interested in.

Here are some:
YuGiOh!: Dungeon Dice Monsters
YuGiOh!: Eternal Duelist soul
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
DBZ: Legacy of Goku(better for a rental, unless you want to collect DBZ games)
DBZ CCG(also good as a rental only)
DBZ: Legendary Super Warriors(I have no idea how good it is)
Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire(not out yet, it comes out over here in the US before summer)

dan da man
Feb 12th, 2003, 04:38 PM
Looks like if your a big fan of those games, from tv progammes, I like mario kart best, its such fun with a link up (3-4 people).

Should this be in the other consoles forum?:peoples:

mark0™
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

This was inspired by mark0's question.

I'm sorry, but what question did I ask :confused:, I sometimes post too much and forget where and what I have posted here.

As for GBA games I want, it would be

Pokemon Saphire/Ruby
Golden Sun 2

All that I really know I'll definately get.

Redpyramidhead
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:16 PM
Should this not be under the "Other Consoles" forum?

_RED_ stuff

IcyMourdor
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by dan da man
Should this be in the other consoles forum?:peoples:

Originally posted by Redpyramidhead
Should this not be under the "Other Consoles" forum?

Your wish is granted.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 13th, 2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by mark0

I'm sorry, but what question did I ask :confused:, I sometimes post too much and forget where and what I have posted here.

As for GBA games I want, it would be

Pokemon Saphire/Ruby
Golden Sun 2

All that I really know I'll definately get.

Sorry about putting this in the wrong place. You asked in another topic what would people suggest for GBA games

rpgKing
Feb 13th, 2003, 10:47 AM
trunks DBZ: Legendary Super Warriors has a pretty strait forward story line that goes along with the series but you might want to barrow it or rent it from someone as it gets old fast. The only real cool thing about it is that you can play as almost any character from Raditsu saga to the Buu saga.(excluding weaklings like videl, hercule tein and chousu, and yamcha, etc.)

rpgKing
Feb 13th, 2003, 10:58 AM
I would suggest:

Zelda Link to the past
Any Castlevania game
Pokemon(Maybe)
Sonic Advance 2
Super Mario Advance 4

ssjtrunks13
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:31 PM
So, far others people have said I would like to get and I wasn't going to buy Legendary Super Warriors anyway.(just saying)

rpgKing
Feb 13th, 2003, 12:49 PM
good idea!!

ssjtrunks13
Feb 14th, 2003, 04:58 PM
I finally got DDM! I just wanted to point that out. It's good if you're interested in YuGiOh.

kupoartist
Feb 15th, 2003, 11:56 AM
Pokemon Saphire/Ruby
Golden Sun 2
i'll probably get them as well... I'd recommend Golden Sun 1 to anyone as well... especially given that 2 is a direct sequel and even continues on from your previous data, as long as you have any. As for Pokemon, i'll wait around and get the one that seems less popular. Not sure why :laugh:

other games I would like, include:
Tactics Ogre : The Knight of Lodis - unavailable in europe like all games people talk about. I've played a ROM, and I may import it sometime.
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - well duh! it even has a supposed release date in Europe of Quarter 4.... which is strangeness at its height (it came out in Japan on the 14th, and was awarded a 34/40 in Famitsu BTW.)

mark0™
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:40 PM
What I like about Golden Sun 2 is that we're gonna have a new party, headed by no other than Felix :) Also you can upload your old stats from Golden Sun 1 to Golden Sun 2 Cant you?

Is it April the game will come out?

And as for Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby, I think Pokemon is pure fun, and with it being on the GBA, its gonna rock :)

DragonSphere
Feb 15th, 2003, 05:45 PM
Next up for my GBA:

Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow
FFTactics
Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby- (Don't care what anyone else says about playing Pokemon, they're totally addictive)
Golden Sun 2 (Though, I haven't yet finished the first)

What I like about Golden Sun 2 is that we're gonna have a new party, headed by no other than Felix Also you can upload your old stats from Golden Sun 1 to Golden Sun 2 Cant you?

How exactly would we upload it to a new cart?

kupoartist
Feb 16th, 2003, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by DragonSphere
How exactly would we upload it to a new cart?
you may or may not know about the hidden feature in Golden Sun 1... By using a button combo, you can access another menu option called "Transfer" or somthing similar. This gives you a few options, all of which are designed to transfer your GS1 data to GS2. The best is using a link cable between two GBAs, with each cart in. Or alternatively, you can enter a code like you would a name. Trouble is, for the best results, the code is many pages long, so you can opt for a short version that won't transfer items and such over... I'll see If I can find a relevent FAQ somewhere...

Edit: (Quoted from a Walkthrough that will clearly contain spoilers!: http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/golden_sun_2_d.txt )

If you don't know how to get the data (link or password) here's
how:
1. Go into Golden Sun 1.
2. At the main menu, hold Left, R, and press B. You should still
be holding R and Left. The menu disappears for a sec, then when
it comes back, the 'Send' option will be there. Select it.
3. Now choose clear data to send data from.
4. Choose either Password or Cable. If you're doing the latter, it
will connect and transfer the data. If you're using Password:
5. Choose either Gold, Silver, or Bronze password.
Gold has everything: Level, Djinn, Char. Stats, Items, and Coins.
Silver has a bit less: Level, Djinn, and Char. Stats.
Bronze only has Level and Djinn.
Be forewarned, the Gold Password is 260 characters long...
6. Write down the password and enter it into Golden Sun 2.

Vic Viper
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:18 AM
advance wars 2 .^_^

DragonSphere
Feb 16th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

you may or may not know about the hidden feature in Golden Sun 1... By using a button combo, you can access another menu option called "Transfer" or somthing similar. This gives you a few options, all of which are designed to transfer your GS1 data to GS2. The best is using a link cable between two GBAs, with each cart in. Or alternatively, you can enter a code like you would a name. Trouble is, for the best results, the code is many pages long, so you can opt for a short version that won't transfer items and such over... I'll see If I can find a relevent FAQ somewhere...

Edit: (Quoted from a Walkthrough that will clearly contain spoilers!: http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/golden_sun_2_d.txt )

If you don't know how to get the data (link or password) here's
how:
1. Go into Golden Sun 1.
2. At the main menu, hold Left, R, and press B. You should still
be holding R and Left. The menu disappears for a sec, then when
it comes back, the 'Send' option will be there. Select it.
3. Now choose clear data to send data from.
4. Choose either Password or Cable. If you're doing the latter, it
will connect and transfer the data. If you're using Password:
5. Choose either Gold, Silver, or Bronze password.
Gold has everything: Level, Djinn, Char. Stats, Items, and Coins.
Silver has a bit less: Level, Djinn, and Char. Stats.
Bronze only has Level and Djinn.
Be forewarned, the Gold Password is 260 characters long...
6. Write down the password and enter it into Golden Sun 2.

Nope, never heard of that until now, thanks artist. But damn...that Gold password seems a bit hectic, but it would probably give a a slight advantage in the sequel.

mark0™
Feb 16th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Thats the only reason I leveled up so much and got good items befire the final boss(es) in GS1, although there was a Sword, cant remeber the name, which was the best in the game, and could only be recieved by defeating a certain enemy in one of the castles, and it dropped it very rarely.. anybody get this sword?

ssjtrunks13
Feb 17th, 2003, 01:54 PM
I now know the next three GBA games I get will be. They are GS1, GS2, and Zelda: LTTP.

kupoartist
Feb 17th, 2003, 03:16 PM
Thats the only reason I leveled up so much and got good items befire the final boss(es) in GS1, although there was a Sword, cant remeber the name, which was the best in the game, and could only be recieved by defeating a certain enemy in one of the castles, and it dropped it very rarely.. anybody get this sword?
hehe... I share your pain, and i've heard of the sword as well... can't remember what its called (has a Japanese name for starters... not too good with japanese) and Its very hard to get it... seems a little pointless if you ask me :/

dan da man
Feb 17th, 2003, 03:16 PM
Zelda: LTTP.

I might get that title, it has a 4 player link up, co-op mode, which is quite sweet.

DragonSphere
Feb 17th, 2003, 07:45 PM

hehe... I share your pain, and i've heard of the sword as well... can't remember what its called (has a Japanese name for starters... not too good with japanese) and Its very hard to get it... seems a little pointless if you ask me :/

I think it's simply referred to as "The K-Sword" for short, and is dropped by Fenrirs in the Venus Lighthouse. But I haven't gotten it yet either.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 17th, 2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

I might get that title, it has a 4 player link up, co-op mode, which is quite sweet. .

That's one of the reasons I am getting it. Another is because I loved it on the SNES and I would like to play it when I'm not near it, which right now is never because it's at my mom's house, I don't live there anymore, and I don't stay over there much.

Nelo Angelo
Feb 17th, 2003, 10:04 PM

You mean the Gaia blade? That is the best sword in the game, and you find it in a chest.

The sword you're talking about is called the Kikuichimonji.

dan da man
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:36 AM

That's one of the reasons I am getting it. Another is because I loved it on the SNES and I would like to play it when I'm not near it, which right now is never because it's at my mom's house, I don't live there anymore, and I don't stay over there much.

Oh....yea it will remind of the SNES zelda, same king of graphics and all.

mark0™
Feb 18th, 2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Nelo Angelo

You mean the Gaia blade? That is the best sword in the game, and you find it in a chest.

... I thought The Kikuichimonji was the best sword... No wait, I remember, it was the Best Sword for Ivan! Thats right I think :confused:

ssjtrunks13
Feb 18th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Well, if it was the best weapon for one guy don't you think it still would be worth getting. All I know is I really would like to get these games.

kupoartist
Feb 18th, 2003, 01:58 PM

i was pretty sure that the "K Sword" was the best in the game... hence the fact that i've fought about 200 fenrirs without the damned thing ever appearing (I have the Gaia Balde)

edit: and surely issac and garret are the only ones who can use swords? Ivan uses staffs doesn't he?

Nelo Angelo
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:25 PM

i was pretty sure that the "K Sword" was the best in the game... hence the fact that i've fought about 200 fenrirs without the damned thing ever appearing (I have the Gaia Balde)

edit: and surely issac and garret are the only ones who can use swords? Ivan uses staffs doesn't he?

Nah, the Gaia blade has 135 attack power, and the K-sword has 128 attack power. :o

Ivan can use light Blades, not long swords. :o

So yes, it is the best weapon for Ivan.

kupoartist
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:35 PM
Ivan can use light Blades, not long swords. :o

So yes, it is the best weapon for Ivan.
hehe... must be going senile in my old age. Just seems a little bit pointless getting it though... it'd be funny if the very first sword Ivan gets in GS2 is more powerful :laugh:

ssjtrunks13
Feb 18th, 2003, 04:43 PM
That would be. I have a friend who has Golden Sun and it took him awhile to figure out how to use the magic that allows you to move certain obstacles.

Nelo Angelo
Feb 18th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Oh, and the_arist, you should try this method I used to get a K-sword.

Credit goes to the one who made this method. :o

Kikuichimonji: Created by Terence
Have a save in the first room of venus lighthouse.
The classes should be:
Isaac, Lord (7 Earth Djinn)
Garet, Ascetic (6 Wind Djinn, 1 Fire Djinni: use Torch)
Ivan, Sage (6 Water Djinn, 1 Wind Djinni)
Mia, Water Monk (6 Fire Djinn, 1 Water Djinni)
Battle Start – Ice Gargoyle and Fenrir
Turn Start
Mia casts Hail Prism at everyone
Ivan casts Hail Prism at everyone
Isaac casts Clay Spire at everyone
Garet casts Eruption at everyone
Ice Gargoyle dies
Turn Start
Mia casts Wish on everyone
Ivan Defends
Isaac Defends
Garet Unleashes Torch at Fenrir
Fenrir dies
Kikuichimonji

If it doesn't work once then turn the GBA off and try again.

mark0™
Feb 18th, 2003, 07:08 PM
Yeah, you are supposed to kill it with the opposite element to increas chances of dropping Rare items. And to increase your chances, use Djinni on the character casting the final fire attack which have increases on Luck.

I've tried that routine before Nelo, many many mnay times, but never got it :(

But I think we only get to play as Issac's party at the beginning of GS2, then we play as Felix and Co. on the floating island... So its not essentialy going to make the game tonnes easier.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 18th, 2003, 09:01 PM
I would still get the best stuff I could get because it may give you some sort of advantage.