PDA

View Full Version : Sports

Vicious
Feb 7th, 2003, 07:58 AM
I was just wondering what kind of sports everyone plays. I play baseball, basketball, golf, and basically every sport out there, except soccer, i suck at that.

dan da man
Feb 7th, 2003, 11:20 AM
I do alot of sports here they are-, soccer, basketball, golf, tennis, baseball, swimming and kung fu.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 7th, 2003, 11:22 AM
I do/have done/would like to do: bowling, baseball, golf(only did putt-putt though).:cool:

dan da man
Feb 7th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13
(only did putt-putt though).:cool:

Do you mean pitch and putt? that is really fun!

ssjtrunks13
Feb 7th, 2003, 12:16 PM
I don't know if it's the same thing as what you mentioned only with a different name, but putt-putt is like golf but the distance form where the ball starts and where the whole is has a shorter distance between them. I don't know if that's enough but that's what i have for you fro right now.

Piggle_humsy
Feb 7th, 2003, 12:17 PM
I like to go down the Golf Driving range and hit a few balls but i never play on a course! I'd be crap as i dont understand the rules! I play crazy golf sometimes when it's available! (normally at butlins! yey! lol!) but other than that i dont do any sports! I go fishing but thats not really a sport more of a hobbie! And i also like stunt kite flying but haven't been in any comps yet!

I'm pretty dull! I'll leave now! ;)

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 7th, 2003, 06:47 PM
I would play sports...but alas I am far too lazy

Beretta55
Feb 7th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire

I would play sports...but alas I am far too lazy
Werd;)
I would play sport's but like S4H im very,very lazy. but then again reaching for the tv clicker or going to the bathroom is a sport in it's own;)

Spank-A-Thon
Feb 7th, 2003, 07:52 PM
Play basketball and have done since I was 12 years old. I used to play for the Chester Jets in the Budweiser National League back when I was 19.

When I was 17 I had trials for England, however I was deemed too short for the postion I was going for (and I'm 6 foot 5 so go figure! lol).

In about 1996/97 I suffered a severe break of the ankle. Normally that wouldn't be too bad, but unfortunately ligaments in my ankle were damaged also. They actually take longer to heal fully than a break.

I was told by the hospital that I would never be able to play basketball at the same level that I did.... They were right...

All I do now is play in the North Wales and Cheshire league. If I play more than 3 hours of basketball a week I'm in pain for a while because of my ankle.

I used to be able to jam (dunk) like you wouldn't believe. Now, I can just about get up there. I'm nowhere near as good as I used to be, and believe me, I used to be good....

I was actually going to go to college in the US (Boston area - 3rd Division College) on a scholarship until I wrecked my ankle... but them's the breaks huh!...

So there you go - basketball is my game. I got the love for it and it'll probably never leave me. But sometimes I get frustrated about what might have been.... But hey - I still enjoy the game - and that's what matters to me!

- S

Gadzoox
Feb 7th, 2003, 07:55 PM
I used to do horseback riding but then I scared myself after a fall and have never been since... haha I'm so lazy and a chicken to boot! ;)

dan da man
Feb 7th, 2003, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

I don't know if it's the same thing as what you mentioned only with a different name, but putt-putt is like golf but the distance form where the ball starts and where the whole is has a shorter distance between them. I don't know if that's enough but that's what i have for you fro right now.

Yup thats it, probally because you yankees name it diffrent to us.

kupoartist
Feb 8th, 2003, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
When I was 17 I had trials for England, however I was deemed too short for the postion I was going for (and I'm 6 foot 5 so go figure! lol).
lol! ... its seems unusual to meet such a potentially great Sports player on a gaming forum though... its a real shame that you never got to play at international level, but at least you still play some of your chosen sport :happy: *imagines seeing a 6ft 5 Spank-A-Thon on the TV* cool!

as for me, I only really play Hockey ("Proper" Hockey that is... ie. the one thats marginally less violent and played on grass/fake-grass)... I'm ok at it, which is just as well really. I spent £100 on a stick :laugh:

mark0™
Feb 8th, 2003, 11:10 AM
Hmm, I can't work in a team, so I'm not into sports.

I love to go down to the driving range occasionally, yet I've never, ever played real golf!

Spank, sorry to hear bout your ankle, but 6 foot 5, too short! I'm 6'2 and considered huge!

REChick14
Feb 8th, 2003, 09:50 PM
I play softball for my highschool team. Im pretty good If I say so myslelf. I used to play basketball. When im hangin out at the park I like to play volleyball, football, and baseball. I love to go swimming at the beach. The beach is like my second home.:happy:

rocker_adam
Feb 8th, 2003, 09:59 PM
i like to skateboard, anyone else?

Berserker
Feb 10th, 2003, 06:27 AM
I've been skateboarding for about 9 years now,but more and more I get a bit rusty and everytime I crash it seems like it hurts more... that sucks I'm feeling old right now.
Besides that I like to snowboard and play soccer.
And my true passion sports-like is kickboxing and regular boxing!!!!! It really gives me a kick doing that and I can advice everyone to give it a try.

rocker_adam
Feb 10th, 2003, 08:20 PM
ya i've been trying to skateboard more often but im too busy with school and my band. i wanna start snowboarding but its too expensive for me right now:mad:

Chara
Feb 10th, 2003, 08:56 PM
I played organized football and basketball. I cant wait till the weather gets better so I can play me some street ball.

I want to snowboard but I hve no money to go out to the slopes and buy a snowboard (DAAAAAAMN, those things are expensive). Maybe when I get a decent job I'll go out and buy one.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 10th, 2003, 10:15 PM
I don't go out much and it's hard for me to play basketball,football, and soccer. I think I'll stick to what I already do.

rocker_adam
Feb 10th, 2003, 10:24 PM
what do u already do?

sk8er_kyle
Feb 11th, 2003, 12:10 AM
I skateboard. I suck but i like it anyway. I like to snowboard but I dont have enough money to buy one. I used to play a little hockey but I got lazy and didn't want to play it any more. Right now im playing guitar a lot so i dont have time for sports. :ghost:

Berserker
Feb 11th, 2003, 02:12 AM
I used to hire a snowboard when I went on a snow-vacation, just go to your local skateshop and ask for it. After a while I bought an old board for a cheap price from friend whose sponsored. You might try that, most guys who are sponsored got a lot of shit lying around that they are dying to sell for a few bucks.

dan da man
Feb 11th, 2003, 08:51 AM
Anyone do girl watching as a sport?

ssjtrunks13
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by rocker_adam

what do u already do?

Well, I posted it earlier but I will quote myself anyway. Other than those I consider playing video games as kind of a sport, but it's probably more a great interest.

Originally posted by MYSELF

I do/have done/would like to do: bowling, baseball, golf(only did putt-putt though).:cool:

rocker_adam
Feb 11th, 2003, 10:58 PM
hey dan i do plenty of watching girls. lol. im really into guitar now and playing with my band. but i still like to play some hockey now and then.