PDA

View Full Version : Possible Nex-gen Nintendo system

KraftSLU
Feb 4th, 2003, 12:47 PM
Well, assuming that the site I got this off of has no hint of professionalism to it, I don't think this is real... but then again, looking at the site this came from, I don't think the person who runs the site is smart enough to make a picture of this quality:

http://www.nofx.com/users/Paladin69/Nexus_Gloss-Finish.jpg

Next nintendo system? maybe. If so it looks like it will have wireless bluetooth controllers, but those usb slots are just asking for someone to hack the system really dang quick.

mark0™
Feb 4th, 2003, 01:14 PM
it does look a little too well done, perhaps a concept from nintendo that somehow leaked. Perhaps its nothing.

Seems cool though, Bluetooth seems a good idea.

dan da man
Feb 4th, 2003, 01:48 PM
Man i luv that design.
I heard about this news a while back now, nintendo of Japan said that they have learnt from there mistakes releasing the gamecube way after ps2 and so they can be just as good this time round. I hope this is true and nintendo come back with the best performance they can give.

Daedaelus
Feb 4th, 2003, 04:11 PM
Someone's been playing around with 3D Studio Max. There is no way that "thing" is real. I don't even see how the design is good, it looks like garbage to me...

ssjtrunks13
Feb 4th, 2003, 05:21 PM
We'll ahve to find out, but you know it still might be true.

Vicious_2003
Feb 4th, 2003, 05:25 PM
I dont think it looks bad, looks way better than the gamecube does to me. Looks very nintendoish and I like the name "Nexus". I dont like how the power/reset.etc button are set parrelel to the ground though, they should fit the countour of the system deck. Looks cool to me although usually they dont have a chosen look for a console untill about a year before it comes out, and seeing as how the system aint coming out untill late 2005-2006 I doubt theyd have a chosen design or even really be bothering with concepts, but who knows Its a cool pic either way. If anyone ever wonders onto concept stuff they should post it, true or not its cool to see.

MakgSnake
Feb 5th, 2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84

I dont think it looks bad, looks way better than the gamecube does to me.
Noway.... :D I really love GameCube's designe, may be because its so cute and small. But the only thing I dont like about GameCube is the way to put in the game (Playstation1 style)... They should have had the trey coming out and going in like Ps2 and Xbox.

Neways..
This model does not seem real, but still keeps me intrested. I think someone played around the GAMECUBE model on a graphics software and made some changes here and there. (Because if you look at it, its a wierd version of GameCube).

I have not read all the specs on the side but...... does this model is backward compatible. I just hope, IF Nintendo plans to release another system, I HOPE its backward compatible....or else I'll be seriously pissed!! I can see the the PORT on this Nexus.. but what does that mean?.....

I know some people here like the name Nexus. I think its too simple as in too predictable for a Console. It sounds as bad as XBOX. No, Xbox is even worse...... neways. I hope Nintendo decides a better name.....something more intresting which no one has ever heard before. Or just GameCubeSquare, as in (GC 2). Oh well.......

Cool stuff here though Kraft..... really good to talk about for days and days! :)

dan da man
Feb 5th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I know some people here like the name Nexus. I think its too simple as in too predictable for a Console. It sounds as bad as XBOX. No, Xbox is even worse...... neways. I hope Nintendo decides a better name.....something more intresting which no one has ever heard before. Or just GameCubeSquare, as in (GC 2). Oh well.......

:)

I think the name XBOX is cool, when I first heard the name it sounded good, and today I still like the name.

MakgSnake
Feb 5th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

I think the name XBOX is cool, when I first heard the name it sounded good, and today I still like the name.
Its an alright name, its like the M$ people couldn't come up with anyname, and whenever that happens, everybody on this planet puts an "X" on it. Neways..... opinions are opinions.

dan da man
Feb 5th, 2003, 12:56 PM

Its an alright name, its like the M$ people couldn't come up with anyname, and whenever that happens, everybody on this planet puts an "X" on it. Neways..... opinions are opinions.

Yea i get what you mean, its like its not a hard name to think up like other consoles, like a example, the gamecube that name actually goes what the gamecube looks like. To be honest i could of thought of the name XBOX. Pretty simple name, but cool.

mark0™
Feb 5th, 2003, 01:16 PM

But the only thing I dont like about GameCube is the way to put in the game (Playstation1 style)... They should have had the trey coming out and going in like Ps2 and Xbox.

nah... My PS2 broke down, and the game was actually stuck in the achine, which was kind of a hassle waiting for it to come back ( I had GTA3 fever at the time ) So I prefer the old "pop up, disk in" system.

Beretta55
Feb 5th, 2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by mark0

nah... My PS2 broke down, and the game was actually stuck in the achine, which was kind of a hassle waiting for it to come back ( I had GTA3 fever at the time ) So I prefer the old "pop up, disk in" system.
that is true......since im so clumsly and cant see where im going. one time when i had my ps2 disk open i had to go get something to eat i tripped on something and my hand almost hit the disk tray and it would of taken it out. damn me and my clumsyness:weep:

MakgSnake
Feb 5th, 2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Beretta55

that is true......since im so clumsly and cant see where im going. one time when i had my ps2 disk open i had to go get something to eat i tripped on something and my hand almost hit the disk tray and it would of taken it out. damn me and my clumsyness:weep:
Well, imagine if Ps2 had the POP UP systems like GameCube, and your hands or anything went flying up, straight into the Lense section where you put the game. That would destroy the whole system.

I dont know........ all the DVD systems all the Stero machines (95% of them) uses the trey coming out and going in, so I believe there is a good side to that. And with that Trey coming out and going in, we just could have a 3 DVD changer in a console too later in the future.

Ok back on topic. ....... Nexus sounds good (The specs)....but needs a better look. Still I need an official say on this........nehow, its intresting.

dan da man
Feb 5th, 2003, 01:49 PM

Ok back on topic. ....... Nexus sounds good (The specs)....but needs a better look. Still I need an official say on this........nehow, its intresting.

damn i really love the look of the "nexus", but till now and the release its probally gonna be a totally diffrent design, bit I really like the way thats sytem looks now.

mark0™
Feb 5th, 2003, 01:54 PM
Dan, remember its nothing Official and may be a hoax.

dan da man
Feb 5th, 2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by mark0

Dan, remember its nothing Official and may be a hoax.

That why I put "nexus", because its not official at all.

Vicious_2003
Feb 5th, 2003, 03:54 PM
I still think Nexus is a great name. And X Box isnt as bad as the name gamecube. I mean come on, its in the shape of a cube and it plays games how much thought did they put in that name...not much. But then again it doesent deserve a cool or more mature sounding name because its a system that cators to 8 year olds. (Dont get mad im partially kidding here, but just partially ;) ). I dont really care for the name X Box either, but you cant say it doesent fit the system, thiers a huge X on the top of the Deck. And I certainly hope they dont call the next M$ console "Next Box" that is even worse if you ask me (But then again "Whats in a name" ). I dont really mind the outboard style CD Rom thingy (Wish I had a better name for it) on the Cube, no big deal to me. Dont have to worry about breaking the CD Rom like you do in PS2s and X Boxs. Also I travel with my X Box alot and it sucks when I unplug it and then find out I left a game inside, then I have to plug it back in to retreave the game. But either way its no big deal to me.

dan da man
Feb 5th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Yea the disc tray can suck becuase you need your xbox/ps2 on, because on time i lost my ps2 adapter what you plug in at the mains, then i couldnt get my game out what i had to take back to blockbuters.:laugh:

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 5th, 2003, 04:26 PM
How bout this (http://www.newtechnix.com/Webmasters/supertony/Images/News_Divers_PlayStation_3_1.jpg) possible ps3 pic. :)

Here are the supposed specs
2ghz processor
20 gig hdd
4 controller ports(finally)
256mb ram

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 5th, 2003, 05:08 PM
Man these designs are insane...I like that Nexus design and the PS3 looks like an amped up version of the PS2...I really hope these aren't fake cause I like the looks of both pics...

MakgSnake
Feb 5th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Pretty cool stuff there SSSnake, but where in the world are the controller ports. I suppose at the back. Its a nice conceptual model, but showing that VERTICALLY Ps2 was more famous!.? Cause I dont think that model in the pic can be put up horizontal. It can, but thats not the way its suppose to be. Still.. I think the way PS3 is written, it wont be like that. They'll think of something totally new. I am pretty sure about that.
Still cool conceptual pic.

As for Nexus, that model has to change..... something totally different would be better.

Vicious_2003
Feb 5th, 2003, 06:31 PM
I take back my statement about the CD rom/Top Opening things not really mattering. I hope they dont go with that kind of CD Rom. I hate those ones where you just insert the disc in the slot and it gets pulled in automatically, makes me fell like im putting the disc at harm every time (As im asuming you would on that PS3 concept) . I REALLY doubt that Sony would go with anything like that. But thanks for the pic, this stuff is definately interesting . I do think its very possible however that they would go with a verticle system, it would kind of set them apart design wise from the other systems, but who knows (Assuming they dont go verticle) . What would it be like if they went with a slim line verticle front loading syestem (With a button opening slot for the cd to be inserted. That would be really really different...........and stupid..hmm..forget I said that)

MakgSnake
Feb 5th, 2003, 06:41 PM
Weapon I know what you are talking about. The CD going in by it self, like mostly CD players in Car. It is kinda scary.

Neways...... what I dont like is.... the controllers for the PS3 in that Concept picture. I know they are the best Controllers ever made, but still a change is good, and making something better then the best is always good too! So I hope they make changes to the controller. As for backward compatible, I am pretty sure it would be!

Now how about an XBOX concept picture.. Anyone?? :laugh:

dan da man
Feb 5th, 2003, 06:41 PM
Nice pic SSSnake, I like the desgin of that ps3 alot, i wonder when some is going to put up a pic of "neXtbox"?
But the nexus and ps3 look like totally tuned up from the ps2 and gamecube. not a totally diffrent design.

MakgSnake
Feb 5th, 2003, 06:43 PM
not a totally diffrent design.
Yup, I totally agree on that........ in my opinion they should be totally different. And I mean totally!!!! :)

Beretta55
Feb 7th, 2003, 09:22 PM
i found another picture that is supposed to be the next nintendo system. i know it's fake it has to be.
http://www.ebroadcasters.com/jon/nes.jpg
it look's like crap to me.

dan da man
Feb 7th, 2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Beretta55

i found another picture that is supposed to be the next nintendo system. i know it's fake it has to be.
http://www.ebroadcasters.com/jon/nes.jpg
it look's like crap to me.

That just looks like the NES but modified!:laugh:

I really hope that isnt the next gen system for nintendo!! the nexus look is 100x better!

DSgamer
Feb 8th, 2003, 12:54 AM
yo bereta55, that pic u posted made me laugh, that looks like total crap, as for PS3, it doesnt surprise me

KraftSLU
Feb 8th, 2003, 10:31 AM

Nice pic SSSnake, I like the desgin of that ps3 alot, i wonder when some is going to put up a pic of "neXtbox"?
But the nexus and ps3 look like totally tuned up from the ps2 and gamecube. not a totally diffrent design.

Not so big of a fan of that ps3 model. It being sleeked over and such is definately cool, but the fact that the sides are indented that much would make it look like crap if it was sitting on the ground. I don't have any holes big enough in the ol' entertainment center to fit that thing standing upright in...