PDA

View Full Version : Which console to buy???

Piggle_humsy
Feb 4th, 2003, 07:40 AM
So I'm thinking of buying a new console but I don't know what to buy...... I'm thinking maybe getting an old console maybe an old nintendo but I can't decide so I thought i'd ask you lot! :D

So what should I get??? :confused:

I'm looking more towards an old console but I don't know, I am pretty low on funds at the mo so it might not be for a while!

Please post and tell me the reasons why you recommend that paticular one...

Or if there is one you think I should definitely not get... tell me why not.....

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

dan da man
Feb 4th, 2003, 08:44 AM
Well, if you are looking at a fairly old console whats cheap, get the nintendo 64, it has the best games, goldeneye, zelda, mario 64 and many others what i could go on about.
I reccomend you this console because they are major cheap now, but its just my opinion. If u want any more info on the nintendo 64 just ask.:)

ssjtrunks13
Feb 4th, 2003, 11:52 AM
Are they still selling those here? or is it just you guys. Well, I'd say N64 too because I think it has a lot of games I would like to play, including the Zelda ones and you maybe you'll like them too.

dan da man
Feb 4th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

Are they still selling those here?

I think they have stopped producing them all over the world now, but i was saying you can pick one up second hand or if youre lucky brand new but either way, its cheap.

KraftSLU
Feb 4th, 2003, 01:09 PM
The console that I've played the most, (though it really isn't a console), is the commodore64. Of course good luck finding one of those. Best just get an emulator for it as any basic computer can run it.

Vicious_2003
Feb 4th, 2003, 05:33 PM
I agree, for a cheap old console fo gor the N64, it was a great system. But Mark0 is right, the Gamecube is pretty cheap nowadays. They marked it down to just 100 dollars I think. Definately worth it (The Cubes my least fav of the newer consoles, but for 100 bucks Id get one if I had any extra money)

Daedaelus
Feb 4th, 2003, 10:50 PM
I would reccomend a GameCube as well. As you said, you're a little low on money, and the NGC just happens to be a great value at $149.99. If you can raise a little more money, you can get a great console at a really nice price. Another reccomendation: buy a used console, they're guaranteed to work or your money back (here, anyway) and much less expensive.

Piggle_humsy
Feb 5th, 2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by KraftSLU

The console that I've played the most, (though it really isn't a console), is the commodore64. Of course good luck finding one of those. Best just get an emulator for it as any basic computer can run it.

Commodore 64! :shock: :D I used to play that when i was about 9! My mates dad fixed up computers and he used to have one in the frontroom for the kids to play on!! It was great! lol!

And on the subject of N64... That's what i was thinking about buying (2nd hand from Loot) as i miss playing mario !! But I may look into a gamecube if they're not too expensive!!

Well I'm still not decided so keep your suggestions coming!!...

x x x x

ed- i just looked at loot online and it had a commodore64 for a really good price! but i cant get contact details yet as its brand newand you have to pay to see the new ones!! damn!

MakgSnake
Feb 5th, 2003, 12:25 PM
I'd go for DreamCast..... if you are looking to buy an old one. Cause its really good and very cheap at the same time. and has (if not many) some really amazing games on it.

If you already have PS2, go for GameCube.

dan da man
Feb 5th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Piggle_humsy

And on the subject of N64... That's what i was thinking about buying (2nd hand from Loot) as i miss playing mario !! But I may look into a gamecube if they're not too expensive!!

Hey, you must live in the UK, the loot sell things pretty cheap(well the people do), you can get a deal like a n64 and 5 games for only £30(varies ofcourse). now that is cheap, hope you find a good deal.

Vicious
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Get the N64 if u dont already have it. It has classics like Zelda:OoT, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Conkers Bad Fur Day, and many, many others

BlackThornn
Feb 12th, 2003, 07:37 PM
I'm with Makg on this one. If you're looking for an "old" console to fill out your gaming experience your best bet would likely be a Dreamcast. There are a lot of good games on that console and they're pretty danged cheap nowadays. I saw a bundle deal at my local Gamestop not two weeks ago that had two controllers, a Sonic game, and a Dreamcast together for something like 70 dollars american with tax.

Vicious_2003
Feb 12th, 2003, 10:10 PM
Actually I just saw that GabeCube is 149.9 at purchase but when you buy it (Here in the states anyways) you get your choice of one of 4 great games free !. The games you can choose from are Resident Evil Zero, Star Fox Adventures, Metroid Prime, And Mario Party 4. An awesome deal by any estimation.

dan da man
Feb 13th, 2003, 06:50 AM
Makg put a thread up called "news" there some good cheap deals there, the xbox and gamcube are coming up with some hot new deals so check them out.

Piggle_humsy
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

If you already have PS2, go for GameCube.

Why do you say that? Is that the next best thing to a ps2?

I do have a ps2 btw!

x x x x

Infernal Mass
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:16 AM
xbox, It's a fun and powerful system. In the end there were two things that sealed the deal for me..the 1st being Team Ninjas support. They are one of my favorite game development teams of all time. Second was the harddrive, no longer would i have to worry about memory cards. Also playing a select few games to my favorite music adds to the overall experiance.

dan da man
Feb 13th, 2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by DigiMortal

xbox

Agree, IMO the gamecube is one of the worst consoles ever made, but it all about the games for the console.

BlackThornn
Feb 13th, 2003, 10:08 PM
I thought this was for the 'old generation' consoles though.. O_o Eh. :)

Daedaelus
Feb 13th, 2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

IMO the gamecube is one of the worst consoles ever made

Please elaborate before I go nuts.

dan da man
Feb 14th, 2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Iguana

Please elaborate before I go nuts. Sorry, I dont know why I said that, because its not.

Back on the topic- Piggles if youre a girl, I havent seen much girls with xbox's, honestly, there not the girlish type, keep checking on loot, ive seen some good deals too.

Piggle_humsy
Feb 14th, 2003, 07:42 AM
Yes I am I girl, But not a girly girl im more of a tomboyish girl! I idolised my brother when I was little so I grew up learning about cars and bikes! Nowadays I can tell I car by it's headlights in the dark! lol! Well anyway back to comps, I am sorta looking for an older console, so what do you guy's reckon about a snes? It has to be nintendo ,ive decided, as i miss playing mario so much!
I'm just worrying about getting hold of games fo it as its old it'll be harder!

Well opinions on a postcard.....

x x x x

dan da man
Feb 14th, 2003, 09:52 AM
If youre looking for a really old console I can recommend the NES, that console was really good, dont know much about nthe SNES though.

Vicious
Feb 14th, 2003, 11:47 AM

If youre looking for a really old console I can recommend the NES, that console was really good, dont know much about nthe SNES though.

The Nintendo 64 is the best system Nintendo has ever made, because it has the best games, IMO anyway.

dan da man
Feb 14th, 2003, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Vicious

The Nintendo 64 is the best system Nintendo has ever made, because it has the best games, IMO anyway.

I didnt say that the NES was the best nintendo system, I said it was really good.

Godess, can you please shut up.

Daedaelus
Feb 14th, 2003, 07:10 PM
you wana fight you insecure homo

You will be banned very soon.

MakgSnake
Feb 14th, 2003, 08:53 PM

Agree, IMO the gamecube is one of the worst consoles ever made, but it all about the games for the console.
You gotta be kidding me, right?... GameCube is simply amazing. And like its developers have said, its a gaming console and thats it. Its used for games, and just look at how amazing games it has got.

I am not gonna argue over this console thing again, but I guess opinions are opinions, I really love my Xbox as a system, but when it comes to games, I head towards Ps2 And GameCube.

Daedaelus
Feb 14th, 2003, 11:38 PM

You gotta be kidding me, right?... GameCube is simply amazing. And like its developers have said, its a gaming console and thats it. Its used for games, and just look at how amazing games it has got.

He apologized dude.

DSgamer
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:37 AM
i would rather get Xbox than GC.

y? because i need sumting 2 take all the space in my shelve, that way, it looks better JK JK

i like Xbox better than cube, im not too interested in da GC's games that much, but if ur a mario/zelda fan, i would def. go 4 da cube.

MakgSnake
Feb 15th, 2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by gamer

i like Xbox better than cube, im not too interested in da GC's games that much, but if ur a mario/zelda fan, i would def. go 4 da cube.
Just mentioning this, that I am not a Mario or Zelda fan... Zelda (not yet, but may be soon will be)..... Neways..... :)

mark0™
Feb 15th, 2003, 08:03 AM
^ Argh theres too much psychology behind Gaming!! :mad:

I'd still say go for a Gamecube before an Xbox, If you were interested in getting them all. I personally wouldn't buy an old console If it had been dominated by a new console, but I wouldn't throw away an old console :)

ssjtrunks13
Feb 16th, 2003, 05:10 PM

Just mentioning this, that I am not a Mario or Zelda fan... Zelda (not yet, but may be soon will be)..... Neways..... :)

If it comes to it I will do everything I can to make you a fan of the Zelda games. I don't really like Mario because out of all the Mario games I've played I do not do real well in them.:cool:

dan da man
Feb 16th, 2003, 05:18 PM

I am not gonna argue over this console thing again, but I guess opinions are opinions, I really love my Xbox as a system, but when it comes to games, I head towards Ps2 And GameCube.

Makg just ignore me there, the gamecube is just not like my fav system out of what I have owned, but im going to purchase one soon when that deal comes one.;)