PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 2 for XBOX

Mercury Shadow
Feb 23rd, 2002, 05:23 PM
I've heard a lot of rumors that Metal Gear Solid 2 will come out for the XBOX, and called Metal Gear Solid: X. I'm not talking the near future or anything, but sometime. If this rumor is true, do you think Kojima has sold out to his loyal PS fans?

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 23rd, 2002, 06:34 PM
I dunno how many times i heard this but its not coming out.I looked at the release schedule for the next 2 years theres no mgs2 shown or anything

merylsilverburg
Feb 23rd, 2002, 06:37 PM
Hmm....I don't think those rumors are true. I read somewhere that Kojima said he will never bring the MGS series on any other console besides the PS2, because the first MGS did very well on the PSone. Where did you hear or read about that, Merc? If it's from the official X-Box site, then I think (no offense) they lied. I heard that the site usually makes a lot of rumors just to get the public excited. But, I don't think you'll have to worry, since MGS is considered "exclusive" to the PS only. Just like how Mario is exclusive to Nintendo, and Shrek is to the X-Box. :)

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 23rd, 2002, 06:40 PM
Well just remember what they said on the mgs2 commercial.Quote"MGS2 only on Playstation2"

merylsilverburg
Feb 23rd, 2002, 06:55 PM
Yeah....but I heard that DoA3 was going to be on the PS2. And the commercial said "Only on X-Box". :blink:

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 23rd, 2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by merylsilverburg
Yeah....but I heard that DoA3 was going to be on the PS2. And the commercial said "Only on X-Box". :blink:

No doa3 is an xbox exclusive,its going to stay on the box

GaseousSnake
Feb 23rd, 2002, 07:01 PM
Microsoft=Money
Konami=luv Money
MGS X=May go to the Xbox

Also
Konami=MGS For GBA
Konami=MGS2(maybe)for GC
:laugh:

merylsilverburg
Feb 23rd, 2002, 07:01 PM
Oh really? Man....:disturb: I was kinda looking forward to that game. In a way....

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 23rd, 2002, 07:04 PM
Ok if Konami wants money they wont release it for xbox because mainly that the user baise for xbox is small compared to the extremly large one for ps2.And about gba i see a mgs game like the one for gameboy color rather than a low grade port.

Mercury Shadow
Feb 23rd, 2002, 10:56 PM
Both EGM and Gamepro magazines have rumored about Metal Gear Solid: X

It probably won't happen... but weirder things have happened. I think that if it does, Halo should be ported to the PS2 in exchange ;)

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 23rd, 2002, 10:59 PM
Yeah but those rumors are pretty old and dead now

Mercury Shadow
Feb 23rd, 2002, 11:10 PM
The rumors were from the latest issues.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 23rd, 2002, 11:13 PM
I know i read them.

Squaredsoft
Feb 26th, 2002, 12:27 PM
Halo? On ps2? No we ALL know THAT will never happen. In case yo didn't know, Microsoft OWNS the company(Bungie) that made Halo. On the other hand, Microsoft has also been buying stocks an negotiating with many top companies to get soe of ther best games on the Xbox to build its fanbase. One hapened to be Konami. I personally think it will be going o Xbox eventually. I'll rejoice if and when it does.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Squaredsoft
Halo? On ps2? No we ALL know THAT will never happen. In case yo didn't know, Microsoft OWNS the company(Bungie) that made Halo. On the other hand, Microsoft has also been buying stocks an negotiating with many top companies to get soe of ther best games on the Xbox to build its fanbase. One hapened to be Konami. I personally think it will be going o Xbox eventually. I'll rejoice if and when it does.

Yeah i can tell your a xbox fan,why did you pick the name squaresoft when that company will never release games for the xbox.Anyways did you know Halo was originally a ps2 exclusive and scheduled to release within a month of when microsoft bought up bungie.Oh yeah and Konami has enough money and cares more the number of people using a system then the money it has

Squaredsoft
Feb 26th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake

Yeah i can tell your a xbox fan,why did you pick the name squaresoft when that company will never release games for the xbox.Anyways did you know Halo was originally a ps2 exclusive and scheduled to release within a month of when microsoft bought up bungie.Oh yeah and Konami has enough money and cares more the number of people using a system then the money it has

First, yesI am an Xbox fan. Second, th name is Squaredsoft, not Squaresoft. And third, yes, know Halo was origially scheduled to release as a ps2 exclusiv, but that is not and never will be so, becaue like I said before, MS now owns Bungie. S all thisis nothing new to me.

And finally, I am hoing for Squaresoft to release an Xbox title, as well as Konami, athough I know the chances are slim to none. Ad although I AM an Xbox, I'm also a NGC and ps2 fan, ad I stay loya to te Final Fantasy and Chrono series.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 07:00 PM
Yeah nice little explantion.I've played the box and im not to satisfied with it mainly because i don't like its games.Not even halo was spectacular.But anyways i have a open mind about most systems,but for some reason i don't like the box as much as i do the cube and ps2,maybe its the guy who's running the show or that they have to buy everything to try to win

Squaredsoft
Feb 26th, 2002, 07:59 PM
Well, I'm thoroughly satisfied wih my Xbox, and I have only one complaint. WHEN I MORROWIND COMIN OUT!? I need my RPG fixture. Yo know how it is.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 08:00 PM
Yeah the box is a little dry on rpgs

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 26th, 2002, 09:45 PM
You don't need an Xbox for Morrowind, it's coming to PC as well.

Squaredsoft
Feb 26th, 2002, 09:49 PM
I know this. However, I'm not much of a PC gamer. I would rather hold the controller to the console in my each than to use a third-party PC controller or keyboard and mouse. I'm not good with those.

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 26th, 2002, 10:12 PM
I hear ya. I prefer consoles too. Next year I hope to buy an Xbox too. I don't know why it's bashed so much.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 10:15 PM
Reasons being for xbox bashing,people are immature and think everything they own is the best.Mainly so many people own ps2 they all think its the best and put down all other systems

Squaredsoft
Feb 26th, 2002, 10:38 PM
I completely agree. There is NO reason for anyone to bash ANY system, especially for THAT reason. I, on the other hand, couldn't bash in that manner if I wanted to, since I own them all.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 26th, 2002, 10:44 PM
I hope to own them all but i need money. *Seaches Frantically for Liquidsmoke to borrow some dough*

GaseousSnake
Feb 27th, 2002, 10:22 AM
Cheer up SSSnake u will get to squeeze enough dough to buy all the consoles u dont have(I hope):disturb:

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 27th, 2002, 10:42 AM
I just got my PS2 recently so I can't run out and get an Xbox. When you're married you have to be fair. So the next expensive "toy" will be her digital camera. After that, it's Xbox time. ;)

GaseousSnake
Feb 27th, 2002, 11:24 AM
u seem quite proud of your marriage sleazy.

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 27th, 2002, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by GaseousSnake

Marriage rules.

LiquidSm0ke
Feb 27th, 2002, 01:40 PM

Marriage is cool.

In the words of Will Smith: "Married life is easy, you only got one woman to please."

LiquidSm0ke
Feb 27th, 2002, 01:44 PM
And finally, I am hoing for Squaresoft to release an Xbox title, as well as Konami, athough I know the chances are slim to none

There is a very small chance. At least until the release of FFXIII (already in the works) on PS2, we won't even start to think of X-BOX as a possible console to work on.

Secondly, Konami is a money hungry company, if MS provides enough funds, I would not be surprised to hear of an MGS release on X-BOX.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 27th, 2002, 06:29 PM
True,true.Game company's these days will release a thousand different ports of one game to make sure they get the most money outta a product

GaseousSnake
Feb 28th, 2002, 03:15 PM
U all know MS can buy up the whole of Konami if it meant that much to them.Konami on the other hand luv quick dough thats why i think theres gonna be an MGS for the Xbox.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 1st, 2002, 12:19 PM
I dont know if xbox doesnt sell well enough what reason would they have to release mgs2 on it

Mercury Shadow
Mar 1st, 2002, 02:55 PM
SSSnake, I guess because Microsoft is so desperate for people to buy their system they could offer Konami a ridiculously high price for the game that Konami can't refuse.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 1st, 2002, 04:30 PM
Yeah that is true but since some many people have the game they wont care if xbox has a copy of it

GaseousSnake
Mar 1st, 2002, 04:36 PM
I guess your right but do u think that MS will let konami make a port of MGS 2 after they had offered money for the MGS Series?

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 1st, 2002, 04:38 PM
I guess your right but do u think that MS will let konami make a port of MGS 2 after they had offered money for the MGS Series?

MS offered money already.If they did and konami refused then we will prolly never see a port

talon101
Mar 4th, 2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Well just remember what they said on the mgs2 commercial.Quote"MGS2 only on Playstation2"

i dident know there was a commercial for msg2 and it dosent mean mgsx wont be on XBOX

Mercury Shadow
Mar 5th, 2002, 06:39 AM
Yeah, it could mean mgs2 is only for ps2 now... but in a year, it could be for another system

Evil Parrot
Mar 5th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Konami will probably want to wait to see how the Sex-Box goes down in japan and the US first. If it does well in those territories, there might be a chance of a release.

It really doesn't bother me though, cos by the end of this week, I'll have me a shiny copy of MGS2 for me PS2!

Mercury Shadow
Mar 5th, 2002, 03:11 PM
Well, since we all know the XBOX isn't doing too well in Japan, wouldn't Hideo never ever release anything on it?? His building would get pelted with rocks by angry ps2 fans!

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 5th, 2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Mercury_Shadow
Well, since we all know the XBOX isn't doing too well in Japan, wouldn't Hideo never ever release anything on it?? His building would get pelted with rocks by angry ps2 fans!

If its doing really bad in japan.Why would they release the game

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 6th, 2002, 09:29 AM
I heard that Koonami will not give XBOX MGS-2 due to bad negotaiting so i wouldn't hold your breath but you never know

GaseousSnake
Mar 6th, 2002, 10:37 AM
I NOW think that there aint gonna be an Xbox MGS but i know one thing Hideo said he is thinking of making a "a parent and a child game" for the GC and we all know that the MGS series revolves round the parent child relationship.

It might be a coincidence i aint all that sure but it might be another title or an MGS title.:shock:

But i do hope it comes out on the GC.

GBA now has the snes version of the ff series!!!!!!!!!!:phew:

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 6th, 2002, 04:56 PM
Huh!?MGS doesnt revolve around a child parent relation ship.He meant he would work on a game for younger kids that adults could get into too

Squaredsoft
Mar 6th, 2002, 07:27 PM
I do believe MGS2 will still be coming to the Xbox as Metal Gear Solid X. It was confirmed in the March issue of EGM. It is slated for release probably later this year or early next.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 7th, 2002, 09:35 AM
You might want to relook at that because i do not believe it will because of the bad negotaiting and you cant always trust mags because i looked at one that advertised some game i don't remember but it never came out because of be negotaiting. And if you look sometimes it comes back up in those mags and they apologies and explain.

GaseousSnake
Mar 7th, 2002, 03:56 PM
MGS does revolve round a parent child theme

In MGS1,the whole reason of Solids Adventure was because of Big Bosses remains.

In MGS2,there a particular place where "Parent and child"where mentioned(I cant remember where cuz its been long).

I do wish Hideo would make ANY game for the GC.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 7th, 2002, 06:54 PM
Yeah you can wish for a Hideo game on GC,but this is a MGS on Xbox thread.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 8th, 2002, 10:02 AM
Yea and i say you wont see it on XBOX unless your very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very Lucky but hey you never know these days so there is always hope for those people who have bought XBOX

Squaredsoft
Mar 8th, 2002, 09:01 PM
Hey, I bought an Xbox(as well GCN and ps2). I guarentee you that it WILL come to the Xbox. MGS2 will come as MGSX and that's that. Bottom line.

merylsilverburg
Mar 8th, 2002, 09:11 PM
Okay, okay....we'll just have to wait and see though.

Sleazy P Martini
Mar 8th, 2002, 09:17 PM
How much longer will this continue??? The madness!!! NOOOO!!!!!!

BlackThornn
Mar 10th, 2002, 02:48 AM
There was a very americanized, 'cashing in on the name solely for a profit' MG game before, remember?

If Metal Gear X goes through I think it will quickly go the way of "Snake's Revenge".

davidk
Mar 27th, 2002, 05:02 PM
http://www.xboxweb.com/media/***rt/konami.jpg

Click here (http://www.xboxweb.com/previews/xbox/mgsx.html)

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 27th, 2002, 05:50 PM
LOL:laugh: Thats old news there pal and everyone i think has seen that article.Do you notice that the article hasnt been updated for awhile and the pic and videos are all ps2.There has been no new news and im pretty sure the xbox version has been canned

Mercury Shadow
Mar 27th, 2002, 05:58 PM
You think that MGSX has been cancelled SSSnake??

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 27th, 2002, 06:02 PM
Well i do think this manily because we havent heard anything about it for awhile.There's been no news of it or any showing at the GDC show in germany.If its a no show at E3 its not coming out.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 27th, 2002, 09:01 PM
I agree i dont think that you will see it out for XBOX unless microsoft really pushes for it but then again it might not come out.

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 28th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Like i said before it was a no show at gdc and if its the same at this years e3 i think it will not be coming out whether microsoft pushes it or not.

Neo_Soldier28
Mar 28th, 2002, 03:05 PM
I hope they don't get it they don't deserve it

Uchiha Sasuke
Mar 28th, 2002, 04:24 PM
Well its not going to do to well on xbox if it did come out,because manily everyone already has it for ps2.