PDA

View Full Version : Jet Set Radio Future, (pointless)

JC Denton
Feb 1st, 2003, 03:24 PM
i was really dissapointed with this game. I heard it was really good and got good scores in a lot of magazines. When i got it i found the storyline was to repetive and the game is boring. It would be nice if it had more moves in it a was slightly more similar to tony hawks style games, but it isn't. The graphics are very good and the game has its own originallity about it, the characters are good, i love the way they dance. But It isnt very good for skating type game and an average adventure type game. I also find that it is the opposite for addictive, patially because you cant do much with your skater. Multiplayer is also very poor. Surely someone as good as sega would think to add a little more depth to the game.
if i were rating it i would give it a maximum of 4, and thats only one better than i would give azurik.

it would make a good renter though.

thats only my opinion though, i would like to hear yours

dan da man
Feb 1st, 2003, 03:33 PM
I got this game free with my xbox with sega gt 2002, i gotta say jet set radio future isnt that good, it has good uses of cel-shading, but anything else than that, the gameplay isnt that good and does get repetitive, I found it the oppsite of addictive too, i have played the game twice, but bye then halo had took over me. I woud give this game a 5 out of 10.

Sleazy P Martini
Feb 1st, 2003, 03:53 PM
I got the game with my Xbox as well. I wouldn't say its a bad game......just not my style. I wish they hadn't combined the games onto one disk. I would have traded it in for something else.

dan da man
Feb 1st, 2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Sleazy P Martini

I got the game with my Xbox as well. I wouldn't say its a bad game......just not my style. I wish they hadn't combined the games onto one disk. I would have traded it in for something else.

Yes i was planning on doing that aswell, then found out they were both on the same disc, and saying not for resale.

KraftSLU
Feb 1st, 2003, 05:45 PM
Jet set radio future was released because jet set radio had such a cult following after it's dreamcast release. While not the greatest game on the block, I absolutely love the games fluid mix of cell-shaded graphics and a very colorful soundtrack filled with some great indie music. I had no problem sitting and playing this game for hours jamming out to the tunes, but that's just because I really liked the music.

Vicious_2003
Feb 1st, 2003, 07:41 PM
I also got the game with my X Box in the combo. I dont like it at all and beat Sega GT in less than ten hours. I could trade it in to babbages but they would only gie me six bucks for it so I figure i can sucker someone into buying it eventually. The games not my style either and it did seem pretty repetative, the cell shading was nicely done and the game had a good flow to it, but other than that there was nothing to keep me playing past the first few missions

Nelo Angelo
Feb 1st, 2003, 08:11 PM
Pfft, I thought it was good. Not that it's better than JGR, but still good in my opinion.

DragonSphere
Feb 2nd, 2003, 04:45 AM
I've played it over at my cousin's house for a few hours once, and must say that I enjoyed it quite a bit. My only major complaint though is that some of the music gets very annoying and repetitive; enough to drive one mad.

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 2nd, 2003, 03:34 PM
If you want to play a great game play JGR for the DC...Jet Set was so disappointing for me

merylsilverburg
Feb 7th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire

If you want to play a great game play JGR for the DC...Jet Set was so disappointing for me

I haven't really got to play the story modes for JSR:F but I did play a little of the multiplayer games and it didn't have that same "thrill" as JGR for the Dreamcast did. :( It was pretty disappointing and I would have to agree with S4H that the first game is much, much better. I love that game. :love:

dan da man
Feb 7th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Well, after a couple of days playing JSRF (its been collecting dust) im really into it, im pretty far in the game now, gotta say the sound track is one of the coolest i have heard in a video game!
JGR was a bigger hit for me, JSRF is alright now, I didnt like it at first, but now it rocks!