PDA

View Full Version : Largest Downloads?

kupoartist
Feb 1st, 2003, 11:25 AM
what are the largest files you have ever downloaded from the internet, how big were they, and how long did you wait around for them to finish? [pointless thread idea inspired by current boredom involving homework and the UT2003 Bonus Pack]

Mine are:
1. Ragnarok Online Open Beta : 190mb : 20hrs (ouchies! - that doesn't even include the 40 or so patches that appeared every day :laugh: )
2. UT2003 Demo : 100mb : 10hrs
3. UT2003 Bonus Pack 1 (Digital Extremes) : 75mb : 8hrs ("or when its done")

needless to say, I still have these downloads, regardless of the fact that (1) doesn't work and that i've got the full version of two.... so what are yours? or are you the type who simply can't be bothered to wait around for this kind of thing to finish?

DSgamer
Feb 1st, 2003, 11:28 AM
i got the illegal version uf unreal 2, im still d/loading the whole game, i dunno where my got the files, he just gave them to me :)

Unreal 2
20.rar files, 76 mb each

so far ive d/loaded 8 of them, the rest r beign uploaded to the site where he gets them.

another huge d/load was win XP
it took me like 6 hours to d/load

ssjtrunks13
Feb 1st, 2003, 12:01 PM
The largest thing I've downloaded is a video game ROM.

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 1st, 2003, 12:59 PM
Goldeneye 720mb - 5hours
LOTR 850 mb - 7hours

There were a bunch of other movies to but there not appropriate to put up.:)

Spank-A-Thon
Feb 1st, 2003, 01:08 PM
The largest has been Evil Dead: Army of Darkness (Director's Cut) movie file at a whopping 700Mb - it took some time purely because of Kazaa and that not everyone will (or can give) much bandwidth.

Just downloading the UT2003 bonus pack now. Will be done in about 17 minutes... Ahh, the power of broadband! :cool:

- S

Uchiha Sasuke
Feb 1st, 2003, 01:25 PM
Can i suggest for the people using kazaa to use imesh.Kazaa upload rates are horrid.Having a good dsl connection i will get between 10 - 20 maybe 30 kb per second.While with imesh i will get 30 - 40 up to 90 upload rates.Its a much much better program.Click here (www.imesh.com) to visit the site.

kupoartist
Feb 1st, 2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by SSSnake
Can i suggest for the people using kazaa to use imesh.Kazaa upload rates are horrid.Having a good dsl connection i will get between 10 - 20 maybe 30 kb per second.While with imesh i will get 30 - 40 up to 90 upload rates.Its a much much better program.Click here (www.imesh.com) to visit the site.
unsuprisingly, I get my maximum 2.8k/s from KaZaa anyway, and the logical reason that imesh is better speed wise, is that less people use it, and those that do have far better connections than the majority on KaZaa... for me Kazaa is better because of selection, but imesh is a decent alternative for anyone not under the jurisdiction of Satan Telecom... umm, did I say Satan?... I meant British...

and I also have 15 minutes left of downloading the bonus pack... well the last 2mb anyways...

dan da man
Feb 1st, 2003, 02:24 PM
My largest download is 280mb, it was a game called legend of mir a rpg.

Big Dude
Feb 1st, 2003, 02:58 PM
Largest files so far that i have downloaded:

Hellsing eps 1 - 13: 2.04GB
Time: 1 day approx.

Gundam Seed eps 1 - 17: ???
Time: In progress...

Vampire Hunter D: 717MB
Time: In progress...

Cowboy Bebop Knockin' on Heavan's Door: 576MB
Time: 5hr

Akira: 470MB
Time: 4hr

Kazaa upload rates are horrid.Having a good dsl connection i will get between 10 - 20 maybe 30 kb per second.While with imesh i will get 30 - 40 up to 90 upload rates.Its a much much better program.

I always get 30 - 150 k/s on kazaa, sometimes it goes below 30, but oh well...

Spank-A-Thon
Feb 1st, 2003, 05:05 PM

Can i suggest for the people using kazaa to use imesh.Kazaa upload rates are horrid.Having a good dsl connection i will get between 10 - 20 maybe 30 kb per second.While with imesh i will get 30 - 40 up to 90 upload rates.Its a much much better program.Click here (www.imesh.com) to visit the site. To be honest I'd rather have the slower d/load speeds with KazaaLite, than have the multitude of 'extras' IMesh installs without telling you.

When I first installed it a couple of weeks ago I discovered no less than 8 other smaller net related programs ranging from 'My Search Bar' to GAID had all be installed without my knowledge.

As far as I'm concerned that's an infringement on my privacy - it I want to install something I will - I don't want things installed by stealth.

- S

Sword 4 Hire
Feb 1st, 2003, 09:17 PM

There were a bunch of other movies to but there not appropriate to put up.:)

Amen my friend

Matrix
Feb 1st, 2003, 11:24 PM
biggest???

movie- star wars episode 2

took about 2 1/2 to 3 hours

Killuminati
Feb 2nd, 2003, 09:35 PM
largest file i got was "Thug Angel - The Life Of An Outlaw"

a documentary on the life of Tupac Shakur, that was about a year ago, as i own the video now.

that was 690 MB, took about 45 minutes to download

Daedaelus
Feb 2nd, 2003, 10:10 PM
1. 4 DBZ movies: 4.06 GB's - almost 18 hrs, using a cable connection.

2. Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers: 800 MB's - 5 hours.

We get great cable service here and Kazaa has between 90-100 KB/s speeds.

Chara
Feb 4th, 2003, 07:50 PM
Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within- approx. 700mb - 1 whole fuggin week over a 56k.

Killuminati
Feb 5th, 2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by Iguana

1. 4 DBZ movies: 4.06 GB's - almost 18 hrs, using a cable connection.

2. Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers: 800 MB's - 5 hours.

We get great cable service here and Kazaa has between 90-100 KB/s speeds.

wow, i also have cable and here on big downloads i always get 200-250.

guess im lucky