PDA

View Full Version : Matrix vs. LOTR

Matrix
Jan 29th, 2003, 04:29 PM
which do u think will do better(as par the 3rd part), which series do u like better(even though we have only seen one matrix?
and finall have all of u saw the new matrix trailer and read about the new technology that was used in the film???????

mark0™
Jan 29th, 2003, 05:02 PM
I think LOTR will be more succesful, but I really dont like LOTR so I like the Matrix a lot more.

I've seen the trailers though, lotsa sword fights :)

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 29th, 2003, 05:41 PM
I like LOTR better...but who knows when Reloaded comes out...

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 29th, 2003, 05:54 PM
LOTR.

Matrix
Jan 29th, 2003, 06:08 PM
I think that LOTR will make a bit more but matrix will dominate in all other catagories(effects, sound, cost, ect...)

Zone
Jan 29th, 2003, 06:14 PM
It's really hard to compare these movies, seeing how very different they are from one another.

The Matrix was a great movie, but I would have to say I enjoyed The Lord of the Rings movies more.

MakgSnake
Jan 29th, 2003, 06:36 PM
Both are great movies, but Matrix all the way baby. Just wait till you see this movie, I havn't but I know Reloaded is going to blow people's mind. Most of you would say, the action is over done, but hey thats what Matrix is all about. Never before action sequences.

The new trailer rocks......although the scene where Neo fights hundreds of agents seems cartoonish, it looks like graphics in a movie. Still I liked it....... and man that Car/Motor Bike chase action sequence is going to be the BOMB!!!!!!

Matrix All the way!

Beretta55
Jan 29th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Matrix baby. i havent seen two tower's yet but the next matrix movie look's fricking class.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 29th, 2003, 06:45 PM
I liked LOTR better. I hear over here th two MAtrix movies come out towards the beginning and end of summer.

Matrix
Jan 29th, 2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

I liked LOTR better. I hear over here th two MAtrix movies come out towards the beginning and end of summer.

one in may and one in november

Silent Assassin
Jan 29th, 2003, 09:00 PM
I think that Matrix is a good shoot 'em up movie..probably the best..but i think LOTR is a good adventure story..but i would still go for Matrix as the best...
Reloaded= May 15 2003
Revolutions= November 17 2003
i cant wait!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Cannibal Clown
Jan 29th, 2003, 10:08 PM
Well, the matrix and lotr are my two favorite movies. And i was soo psyched about two sequals comming out in like one year. But i love lotr, and it will be very hard to get me to decide over the matrix. But iu'm still going for lotr.

Vicious_2003
Jan 29th, 2003, 11:31 PM
I love both the LOTR series and The Matrix. Im curious to see where they go with the next (Matrix) two movies. I mean with a lot of movies (Jurrasic Park) once the original hook (Dinosaurs or in the Matrix movies the whole thing with running away from the aliens in and out of the matrix) is gone some movie's get boring. Hopefully thier will be a whole new hook, such as Neo's ability to manipulate the matrix and strait whoop some a$$. If that hook is good enough I think the next two movies will be even better than the last. But as far as wich I like better overall Id have to say LOTR, im more into historical fantasy than futuristic stuff but its close

Hylas
Jan 30th, 2003, 01:03 PM
Lord of the Rings hands down. I never liked Matrix much and I'm not excited regarding its sequels at all..

kupoartist
Jan 30th, 2003, 05:02 PM
I sure liked the Matrix, and it's a lot of fun, but with just the one we've had so far to go by, It looses because:

- the acting is certainly nothing special (even if Keanu actually manages to act for once :laugh: )
- a lot of the action is based around the "bullet time" gimmick, though fun, it will get repeative if it features prominantly in the sequels
- It's one of the 500 or so films that assume: "EMP? whats that". Which is a pathetic Reason. But it bugs me for some reason.

LOTR is so far a much greater and epic story. Also, when it comes to effects and costumes they're probably on a far more even footing than many would give credit for: The Matrix is unlikely to have the lavish and extensive detail that is seen on items you don't even see much of, though replicated for members of an entire army. Also, is the matrix going to have tens of thousands of one army versus a few thousands of another. Now thats epic effects.

Though I am looking foward to the Matrix films... they'll be worth watching for sure.

Matrix
Jan 30th, 2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

- It's one of the 500 or so films that assume: "EMP? whats that". Which is a pathetic Reason. But it bugs me for some reason.

LOTR is so far a much greater and epic story. Also, when it comes to effects and costumes they're probably on a far more even footing than many would give credit for: The Matrix is unlikely to have the lavish and extensive detail that is seen on items you don't even see much of, though replicated for members of an entire army. Also, is the matrix going to have tens of thousands of one army versus a few thousands of another. Now thats epic effects.

.[/COLOR]

first off they expain what EMP is in the first film

secondly matrix's story is really unique and is so different unlikne lord of the rings which is original to a certain extent

thirdly the costumes in the matrix where some of the best of the genre and can't really be compared to LOTR since it is set in a midevil time.

and lastly u are so wrong about the effects, LOTR graphics are outdated by tons compared to the matrix sequals(thanks to the new technology the invented for the film) The matrix sequels effects are so good that the only way to reproduce them accurately is "time and lots and lots of money"

also about the thousands of people thing there are battles like that in the matrix, not so much in Reloaded but mostly in Revelations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kupoartist
Jan 30th, 2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Matrix
thats my point. It simply bugs me that every single film that features EMP automatically assumes you've been living in a cave for the last century

secondly matrix's story is really unique and is so different unlikne lord of the rings which is original to a certain extent
I agree a little, but it is undeniably cliched. The whole "real life is real a simulation" thing has been in many of the Sci-Fi shows I've seen, and probably a few movies. By comparison, the originality of the Matrix is several million miles behind LOTR: but then, when Tolkien made entire languages for his characters to speak, not a lot does.

thirdly the costumes in the matrix where some of the best of the genre and can't really be compared to LOTR since it is set in a midevil time.
They work and they're functional, but they're hardly detailed or really original. Badasses in Trench-coats... who'd of thought of that?! or Government Agents in Suits! its crazy!

and lastly u are so wrong about the effects, LOTR graphics are outdated by tons compared to the matrix sequals(thanks to the new technology the invented for the film) The matrix sequels effects are so good that the only way to reproduce them accurately is "time and lots and lots of money"

Thats as maybe, but perhaps we should reserve judgement as to how fabbo the effects are until we've actually seen them? besides, stunts is where the Matrix is at...

But at the end of the day, the two films are so different in scope that we shouldn't really care - they have both been excellent and enjoyable series' after all.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 30th, 2003, 06:13 PM

I saw the first one and I still don't know what EMP is.

Vicious_2003
Jan 30th, 2003, 09:53 PM
Yeah the effects in the trailor I saw looked AWESOME for the Matrix reloaded. The part where Neo is jumping from moving car to moving car crushing them when he lands, oh man..I cant wait .

dan da man
Jan 31st, 2003, 11:58 AM
I like the matirx alot better, its one of my fav films.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 31st, 2003, 12:43 PM
Wait a minute, I think I've remembered what EMP is. Yep, I have at least no one answered and said I was an idiot.:cool:

kupoartist
Jan 31st, 2003, 02:19 PM
Wait a minute, I think I've remembered what EMP is. Yep, I have at least no one answered and said I was an idiot.:cool:
that would be a little way to harsh... It just annoyed me that Neo himself acted so gormless about it... he's a goddamned hacker for crying out loud! He could at least have pretended he knew or somthing...

ssjtrunks13
Jan 31st, 2003, 05:32 PM
You're right he could have because he was a hacker and he should have known something. Just to make sure, EMP stands fopr Electromagnetic pulse, right?

dan da man
Jan 31st, 2003, 05:40 PM

EMP stands fopr Electromagnetic pulse, right?

Yes it does.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 31st, 2003, 05:57 PM
I just wanted to make sure. Anyway, I wonder if the release of the last LOTR movie is going to be in the same year as the final Star Wars movie. I think this could have been LOTR Vs. Matrix Vs. Star Wars.:laugh:

Vicious_2003
Jan 31st, 2003, 09:04 PM
No contest there Star Wars is out of thier league. Star Wars has stood the test of time and passed into legendary statis for me. I wouldnt even bother comparing to LOTR or Matrix . LOTR lasts through two trilogys (Although the three LOTR movies arent really meant as a trilogy, says Tolkein*) and maybe it will be in contention. I dont think they will be making any more LOTR's after the next but thier is supposed to be a Sylmarillion* (Scuse the spelling) movie coming out wich is pretty much a prequel

DragonSphere
Jan 31st, 2003, 09:36 PM

I just wanted to make sure. Anyway, I wonder if the release of the last LOTR movie is going to be in the same year as the final Star Wars movie. I think this could have been LOTR Vs. Matrix Vs. Star Wars.:laugh:

Don't think that's gonna happen, since the LOTR movies were set to release a year after each other; thus Return of the King should be out this December. And as for Star Wars, though I've heard nothing about the release of Episode III, I'm still betting that it's not going to come out until another 2 or 3 years.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 31st, 2003, 10:05 PM
I thought it was going to be coming out 2-3 years after the last one was released. At least that's what I had heard.

dan da man
Feb 1st, 2003, 09:41 AM

I thought it was going to be coming out 2-3 years after the last one was released. At least that's what I had heard.

Thats what i heard too.

mark0™
Feb 1st, 2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

that would be a little way to harsh... It just annoyed me that Neo himself acted so gormless about it... he's a goddamned hacker for crying out loud! He could at least have pretended he knew or somthing...

To explain it to us, the audience! Happens all the time, and unless every person who watched the movies know everything, it's gotto happen.

synicalgohan91
May 20th, 2003, 05:23 PM
i would definitly rather see LTOR the return of the king than the new matrix. why because i think that LOTR is more interesting than the matrix.

Cannibal Clown
May 21st, 2003, 08:08 PM
After seeing the reloaded movie, it's become even harder for me to decide which one i perfer more. But it's also quite unfair to take to great movies such as Lord Of The Rings and The Matrix and put them back to back. They are nearly as far opposite from each other as you could possibly make out.

One is a fantasy sword vs magic, taking place way back when, where everything is filled wityh mythical beasts, dark servants of evil, and then on the other side, wizards, and elves, along with a variety of other odd fellows fighting for good. The acting is unbelievable, the graphics, story, and music, along with consistancy in the movie is played out better than any other movie i have ever seen.

Then, you have the Matrix. A sci fi filled with intence bullet time gun and fight scenes, everything surrounding the idea of technology, and the idea of reality and fiction is so f*cked up that it's nearly impossible to fully understand what the heck is going on unless you really get into it. Which isn't hard at all. The graphics, battles, charatcers, story, complexity, and twists are excellent. The scenes get my heart racing with addrenalin, waiting to see the next mind blowing fight. It's a great movie that is under any circumstances, inferior to any other.

But again with the two. Both are considered unquestionably great movies, deserving glorification, and to doubt this is considered a sin. But looking at the fact that the two have absolutly nothin in common, and the genres themselves contradict the other, this makes it nearly impossible for a guy like myself to decide which of the two is better. I just finnished watching the two towers agin, and along with seeing reloaded, both are still fighting over me to become a fav. But i wont truely be able to decide until i see the third of each, (which are also going to come out in less than a year! Yay!) and then wait about a year or two, untill i see both at least ten times each, then i can say which of the two is the better movie.