PDA

View Full Version : RPG games

Silent Assassin
Jan 28th, 2003, 05:23 PM
Ok i have a question...
...i dont like games like Final Fantasy because of how LONG and SLOW they are...i was wondering if any one knew of a really good RPG to get right now ...that is fast action packed ..and has some blood and guns going on...
thanx

DSgamer
Jan 28th, 2003, 06:43 PM
pokemon blue, that game is full of action

mark0™
Jan 28th, 2003, 07:31 PM
^ haha, I dunno why that made me laugh.

Whats wrong with FF? Don't you like tunr based strategy, if not... try Morrowind(xbox,pc), Kingdom Hearts(ps2) or Dungeon Siege(pc). Those games dont have turn based fighting, so they're a bit more fast paced. None of them have guns though.

Morrowind is a non-linear RPG meaning the story goes the way you want (although there is a slight story line to it). It is a medievel style game, pretty fun and really big.

Kingdom Hearts, I love this game, lots of sword combat, but the game is disney, so no guns or gore! But yet, pretty decent fun (You still have major bad-asses in this game,. like Cloud and.... dum dum dummm.. Sephiroth)

Dungeon Siege... Cant say anything about it, as my friend has it and he's been loving it lately. Seems a little like Morrowind.

Hope that helps!

DSgamer
Jan 28th, 2003, 07:35 PM
pokemon red, that game has some krazy stuff

Zone
Jan 28th, 2003, 09:27 PM
Try CastleVania: Symphony of the Night. It's not a turn-based RPG, but it's full of non-stop gameplay and easily one of my favorite games ever.

kupoartist
Jan 29th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Silent Assassin
...that is fast action packed ..and has some blood and guns going on...
Looks like you're looking for somthing that isn't truely an RPG then... But i'll point you in the direction of Deus Ex and System Shock II because they have role-playing elements and First Person Shooter action... they are fast only if you choose to play them as fast (as opposed to being a stealthy ninja/hacker), though all out action is possible, it's not always the best alternative in these games, especially in the later which is:

- deeper
- scary
- slightly older and PC only
- a complete biatch to find for sale.

Silent Assassin
Jan 29th, 2003, 04:15 PM
well thanx for the help so far...o and i have seen that game "morrowind" or w/e...and it looks tight..is it good for PC????..and will it work on NT?..if anyone knows...and i dont really play RPGs....i usually just play the shoot 'em up games...like i beat red faction 1 and 2 ..and love those games..and like hitman 2...or Metal Gear Solid 2 "sons of liberty"..beat that 1 to times..but those are some games i like....im just looking for a good 'ole RPG..shoot 'em game..but i want it for PS2...maybe PC....

David
Jan 29th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Why don't you try Devil May Cry 2, it should be out now? It is the 29th of January.