PDA

View Full Version : Dark Cloud 2!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Has anyone palyed the first game. There is going to be another game that's supposed to be better than the first one and I read in a magazine the game will be relesed over here in North America Feb 18th. It looks like it's got cel shading in there and it has golfing as well as fishing.

I didn't care for the first, I didn't finfish it but it still was less interesting i thought it was going to be. I kinda saw it as a version of thew Zelda games with new features and kept the puzzles(though they aren't the same kind. The plot, I think, could have been more interesting.

dan da man
Jan 27th, 2003, 03:28 PM
i was all hyped about the first dark cloud, but after playing it i didnt impress me too much, maybe i will rent the second game and give dark cloud a second chance.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 27th, 2003, 03:53 PM
I rented the first game and was happy I rented it before I decided to buy it because of all the hype I heard about it and I think the second one is atleast worth a rent.

Reid
Jan 27th, 2003, 04:13 PM
I played the demo of Dark Cloud 2 and it seems like it's very similar to the first one.

I know some of the elements have been changed up a bit but the dungeon crawling and boss fight I tried were very much the same.

One big difference, however, are the graphics . . . they look very, very nice.

:D

ssjtrunks13
Jan 27th, 2003, 04:21 PM
What about the weapon upgrade system?

Vic Viper
Feb 15th, 2003, 02:54 AM
Dark Cloud 2 - IGN review

Presentation
The superb opening credits and cinemas found early in the game make this game feel like a million bucks. Plus, there are a ton of options placed in some incredibly slick menus. 9.0
Graphics
Quite possibly one of the best looking games out on any system. What's not to like? 9.5
Sound
Great music and good voices litter the game at all times. It just could have used a little more oomph... 8.5
Gameplay
A great mix of several somewhat related genres, along with some new ideas thrown in for good measure. The best part is, it all works beautifully together. 9.0
Lasting Appeal
A lengthy quest, customizable weapons and vehicles, good mini-games, and goals for every dungeon that yield special medals when met make this game worth playing for hours on end. 9.0

OVERALL SCORE (not an average) 9.0:cool:

btw, Breath of Fire got a 8.2.

Vicious
Feb 17th, 2003, 11:32 AM
Ive read that Dark Cloud 2 is a lot better than the first one.

ssjtrunks13
Feb 17th, 2003, 01:34 PM
If what you have read turns out to be true for me I'm all for it.

dan da man
Feb 17th, 2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

If what you have read turns out to be true for me I'm all for it.

Me too.

sk8er_kyle
Feb 17th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Dark cloud 2 looks good. I played the demo and I liked it. Its better than the first one. I liked the first one but I thought it could have been a lot better. I think DC2 is going to improve on all the things that sucked about the first one.

dan da man
Feb 18th, 2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by sk8er_kyle

Dark cloud 2 looks good. I played the demo and I liked it. Its better than the first one. I liked the first one but I thought it could have been a lot better. I think DC2 is going to improve on all the things that sucked about the first one.

When did the demo come out? what mag was it?

ssjtrunks13
Feb 18th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Well, the first one was cool, but it got too hard too fast.

Reid
Feb 18th, 2003, 06:39 PM
The demo was in and issue of Official Playstation Magazine for I think the month of December.

The cover was a picture from The Getaway.

Plug 4
Feb 19th, 2003, 07:20 PM
gamespot gave 9/10

looks good

dan da man
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Plug 4

gamespot gave 9/10

looks good

Man, im suprised, gamespot are usaully tight with there scrores.