PDA

View Full Version : I'm done!!!!

Gadzoox
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:47 AM
I'm FINALLY finished High School!! Wow!!! I just feel like telling someone so you guys get to listen! Yay for you! ;)

It's so crazy... It's kinda sad actually; well sad in the fact that the teachers (the good ones that have made a lasting impact) and friends I've seen every day for the past 5 years won't be a part of my daily routine anymore.

So I'm onto the next stage in my life... college *dun dun duuuuunnnn*

I'm going to go to Algonquin College for their full-time animation program; I've applied already and at this moment (until the end of April) I'm taking their 'Pre-Animation' course on Saturdays, so I figure that'll help get me in tremendously! I'm so excited!!! Yee!

Anyhow... wish me luck folks! :D

Beretta55
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:48 AM
Good luck! it's sad leaveing your friend's and cool teacher's. i will too someday but hey you alway's have us! *falls out of chair laughing* collage seem's so scary my friend's just want to go to get drunk and get laid....pfft it figure's:laugh:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Frostman445

Good luck! it's sad leaveing your friend's and cool teacher's. i will too someday but hey you alway's have us! *falls out of chair laughing* collage seem's so scary my friend's just want to go to get drunk and get laid....pfft it figure's:laugh:

I know what you mean.

Gadzoox, you've finished high school, huh? Well hopefully my garduation is as soon as school lets out over here in June, but there's the possibility I won't and my parents would be mad at me if I didn't. You went to High School for five years? It must be longer there than here, here it's only four years(9-12). We start in September and end in June.

Gadzoox
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:04 PM
Thanks guys!! And yeah, I'll always have you guys!! ;)

Yeah, high school in Canada used to be from grade 9 to 13 (OAC), Grade 13 was basically for those who want to go to University and college kids stopped at 12. I really didn't know what my plans were until this past semester so I don't need any more credits cuz I took two OAC courses last semester. I wonder if that makes sense for you guys? Hee.

Now they've cut out grade 13 and made separate classes to take; university or college preps. I was actually in the last group to go through with the OAC's; which I'm really glad for cuz the new system sucks.

Ah, God Bless Canada. :>

ssjtrunks13
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't have known because I've never been to Canada. I didn't even know about this thing called IB Courses(heard of these?) I used to go to a school that didn't have them and now my current school does. I heard they offer them at schools in Europe, there is a new kid here who moved from England and is in one of my IB classes.

Sleazy P Martini
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:23 PM
Hey congrats! Good luck with college :)

goodman
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

I know what you mean.

Gadzoox, you've finished high school, huh? Well hopefully my garduation is as soon as school lets out over here in June, but there's the possibility I won't and my parents would be mad at me if I didn't. You went to High School for five years? It must be longer there than here, here it's only four years(9-12). We start in September and end in June.

Hmmm, let me get this straight, Trunks, your working 60 hours a week, buying video games, systems, like crazy, spending a lot of time posting on a video game forum, and very possibly failing High School?? Just want to get your life situation in perspective, so i can gain a little more insight into what you are saying. Between working sixty hours a week and posting here, i do wonder where you find the time for little things in life like school and relationships.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:58 PM
I don't have a job and the 60 hours a week you're referring to is probably school and sometimes when I'm not playing video games I come here and do other stuff other than doing my school work like I'm supposed to(I'm supposed to be doing my school work) I just don't think about it and sometimes I forget to bring home the books I need. I've already mentioned what I've bought and what i am planning to buy. Finally, I am also surprised I have time for a realtionship and me and my girlfriend may had a temporary period of time to ourselves. Now I have told her everyhting I could and she's got a better understanding of me and how I am, so I think it'll probably work out. I told her meaybe we should wait til we can see eachother face to face and I have got through high school.

I hope this helps with you trying to see my life in perspective.

goodman
Jan 27th, 2003, 01:11 PM
Sorry, Trunks, there are two Trunks on this forum! The other trunks is working 60 hrs a week and buying a buncha stuff. Ok, now ive temporarily figured out my own insanity, temporarily, but figured it out for now....

Reid
Jan 27th, 2003, 01:16 PM
Now they've cut out grade 13 and made separate classes to take; university or college preps. I was actually in the last group to go through with the OAC's; which I'm really glad for cuz the new system sucks.

Oh, does it ever. I'm part of the new system so all the work that would have filled OAC gets pushed down into earlier courses. For example, grade 11 math is a combination of grade 12 and grade 11 math together . . .

:disturb:

But, luckily enough I'll be getting out of high school earlier . . . . That's one pro I guess . . .

Pu the Owl
Jan 27th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Congratulations and good luck for college Gadzoox!

goodman
Jan 27th, 2003, 01:35 PM
Oh, and grats, Zooxie, wish you the best whatever the direction takes you! :cool:

mark0™
Jan 27th, 2003, 02:06 PM
... My friend took an animation course in University, and now he works in a supermarket :( But then again, the market for that sorta thing is bound to be a lot bigger in Canada and US, plus your work is awesome so I think you'll get along ok :) Good Luck.

fantasytiger
Jan 27th, 2003, 03:04 PM
congrats I am sure you will do fine in collage and don't forget to post when you get the chance I will be graduating next year so I will get to feel your joy for myself:laugh:

dan da man
Jan 27th, 2003, 03:18 PM
congrats, good luck with college and the future.:)

ssjtrunks13
Jan 27th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by fantasytiger

congrats I am sure you will do fine in collage and don't forget to post when you get the chance I will be graduating next year so I will get to feel your joy for myself:laugh:

I'm supposed to graduate this year. Hey, if I don't maybe I could escape over to the part of Michigan you live in!:laugh:

Gaseous_Baboon
Jan 27th, 2003, 05:01 PM
Just 4 more months here!

Cloud Benvolio
Jan 27th, 2003, 05:02 PM
Good luck in the college world. I will be graduating soon, in a couple years. Canada is a good place, I've been here once. Odly enough I got into a conversation about Canada is good place and h said," Yeah. Only in Canada would you go into an Italian resteraunt and have a Columbian band, that's actualy from Columbia, singing "Day-O"."

trunks69420
Jan 27th, 2003, 05:24 PM
Congratulations!! I am very happy for you!! Don't get too overwhelmed by real life... Although Going onto school isn't quite the same as a full time job, but hopefully eventually you will get there.
Goodman, sorry about the confusion... Maybe i should change my name!

kupoartist
Jan 27th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Congrats Zooxie!!! your school system must be different, because I always counted you as the year above me, yet I'm finishing School this year as well...

Naturally, I wish you all the best luck for the next chapter... I'm sure you'll do just fine!

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 27th, 2003, 05:47 PM
YAY!!! Congratulations! I hope college goes well for you!

I graduate next year :D

ssjtrunks13
Jan 27th, 2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by trunks69420

Congratulations!! I am very happy for you!! Don't get too overwhelmed by real life... Although Going onto school isn't quite the same as a full time job, but hopefully eventually you will get there.
Goodman, sorry about the confusion... Maybe i should change my name!

Just change 'trunks' to vegeta!

Cannibal Clown
Jan 27th, 2003, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Gadzoox

So I'm onto the next stage in my life... college *dun dun duuuuunnnn*

I'm going to go to Algonquin College for their full-time animation program; I've applied already and at this moment (until the end of April) I'm taking their 'Pre-Animation' course on Saturdays, so I figure that'll help get me in tremendously! I'm so excited!!! Yee!

Anyhow... wish me luck folks! :D

hey, me too. I'm going to the art school in minnisota for animation corses as soon as i'm done with schooling here. I'm half way through my senior year. Yay!!!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 27th, 2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Cannibal Clown

hey, me too. I'm going to the art school in minnisota for animation corses as soon as i'm done with schooling here. I'm half way through my senior year. Yay!!!

So am I, can't wait to graduate.

Chara
Jan 27th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Congrats, zooxster. I have one more year of high school left till I graduate. Then off to Penn State or the Air Force Academy I go.

Gadzoox
Jan 27th, 2003, 09:20 PM
WOW, you guys seriously RULE!! Aww... heh I'm listening to sappy music and I'm all mushy and lovey now, hee!!
I love you ALL!! *group hug* Haha, the Baboon is influencing me!!
Anyway, you all have no idea how much I appreciate this! Aww!! I feel another hug coming on!!!

To all of you going to graduate soon, or just recently have, CONGRATS!! It's fun and scary at the same time!!!

Sleazy, Fortune, goodman, mark0, fantasy, dan, Cloud, trunks94, artist, Suzuki, and Chara- Thank you SO much for all of your support!

Ried-Oh man! Poory guy! I've got friends in the new system and I feel SO bad for them (as I do you now too), it's so bad!!! It seemed like the people two grades behind me were doing stuff I haven't even HEARD of yet!!! Well, you are getting out early as you said, so yay for that!

Mark0-I'm sorry to hear that about your friend.. I hope he finds his calling soon! All I can do is hope things will go well for me, if not then I'll figure something out when the time comes! Thanks for the encouragement! (there are apparently 9 studio's right around me so hopefully I'll do alright!)

Cloud-Hee! Good luck to you too! I love Canada so much, though I've never been anywhere else, It's still the best place to be, especially with that Columbian song!!!!

the_artist-Thankies! Yeah, the older, better, system was rather dfferent from most other places; but now we're (Canadians) joining the band-wagon and it doesn't seem to be a good idea so far! :/

Cannibal- Awesome and I wish you luck with that!!! We can share animation stories!! Heehee!

Heh, geez a few people say some nice things to me and I go all gooshy! I somehow felt it necessary to reply to each and every one of you separetely! Haha I'm such a nerd!!

Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

So am I, can't wait to graduate.

You are going into animation too in Minnisota?!?! I'm confused...

Piggle_humsy
Jan 28th, 2003, 08:10 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Well done! I wish i was still at school! or that we stayed on till 18 but here we finish school at 16 and that sucks!

I mean of course at the time it's like 'yey no more school' but when your older you realise that school was great and you wanna go back!

Anyway goodluck in College!

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

fantasytiger
Jan 28th, 2003, 09:57 AM
man I did not relize there were allota "04" cool!!

ssjtrunks if you ever get here check out Chadsey High school in detroit

your welcome Zookie!!!

Did you know deathwatch graduates this year?

mark0™
Jan 28th, 2003, 11:49 AM
Yeah Gadzoox, dont take what I said negatively, Scotland, as you may guess, does not have a strong need for jobs like that, so yeah, with 9 studios, you'll definately get a job :)

Vicious
Jan 28th, 2003, 03:30 PM
College is scary

ssjtrunks13
Jan 29th, 2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by fantasytiger

man I did not relize there were allota "04" cool!!

ssjtrunks if you ever get here check out Chadsey High school in detroit

your welcome Zookie!!!

Did you know deathwatch graduates this year?

Is it certain? because there is a chance I won't, but I'm sure he would. I heard I have realtives living in Michigan, don't know where though. I'll be sure to check out your high school, now about you putting up a picture...

Soul Angel
Jan 30th, 2003, 12:57 PM
Congratulations Gadzoox!
I hope you'll have fun at college when you start and have a great future.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 30th, 2003, 01:06 PM
But this for a different reason. Today was my last day of exams and now ahead is waht I thought was a 3 day weekend, but I heard form someone else it's 4 days.(I don't know for sure which is right)

David
Jan 30th, 2003, 10:39 PM
Congrades Gadzoox, hope you have fun with college. Have a wonderful future. Hope you well still post us...

Gadzoox
Jan 30th, 2003, 11:34 PM
Thanks guys!!

Of course I'll still post here!!! :D If I don't I will eventually! I've heard that the animation course I'm going for leaves no time for friends or a job.. heee... sounds like fun to me!! ;)