PDA

View Full Version : Just in case you didn't know...

DragonSphere
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:46 PM
Seeing as how the article was dated about 4 days ago on IGN, I was a bit surprised to see that no one else here has posted about it. Oh well, as the subject implies:

IGNCube (http://cube.ign.com/articles/383/383379p1.html) - We all knew it was coming, but now it's official: Samus will star on the silver screen. Today, film industry trade publication Variety is reporting that Zide/Perry Entertainment has obtained the rights to produce the official Metroid movie.
Producers Warren Zide and Craig Perry are best known for their work bringing the American Pie and Final Destination flicks to audiences around the world. The duo is now teaming-up once again to bring the beloved Nintendo franchise into theaters everywhere. Samus now joins the ranks of Mario and Pikachu as Nintendo characters transformed into movie stars.

No release date has been set at this time as the project is still looking to bring writers and directors on board. Variety also mentions vague story details, which Metroid fans can probably already surmise: Metroids are discovered on SR388, and Samus, an intergalactic bounty hunter extraordinaire, is sent in to investigate. She soon encounters the evil Space Pirates and their plan to harness the power of these parasites and dominate the galaxy. Just imagining such a favorite plot unfolding in film form is enough to keep any Metroid fan happy until the movie is finally released.

Stay tuned to IGNcube as we bring you more news and information on this exciting Hollywood project in the near future.

It'd be really cool to see who will play the famed bounty hunter...but then again, we will probably won't see much of her face in the movie anyway. :P

Beretta55
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:56 PM
Yeah i have heard about it. It could be a good movie im pretty eager to see it.

dan da man
Jan 27th, 2003, 09:28 AM
this some news i havent heard off, sounds intresting.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:07 AM
Sounds interesting but I don't know if I should see it at the movies or wait for it to be released to DVD to watch it.

Silent Assassin
Jan 28th, 2003, 07:47 PM
Sounds pretty tight ..although some movies that were games before..arent all that good.
peace

Daedaelus
Jan 28th, 2003, 09:23 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this movie bombed at the box-office. I mean, as we can see from the trends, very few movies (namely, Spiderman and X-MEN) are successful movies from videogames. Not interested...

MakgSnake
Jan 28th, 2003, 11:16 PM
Hmmmm, I hope they give a quite recap of the history of Metroid Prime in the movie, that'd be good for me atleast! :right:

KraftSLU
Jan 29th, 2003, 01:56 PM
Personally, though I love the metoid games, I really wouldn't care too much to see the movie. How many things on SR388 could I watch samus shoot before I got tired? Wow, that like that how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie rool pop question...

ssjtrunks13
Jan 30th, 2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Hmmmm, I hope they give a quite recap of the history of Metroid Prime in the movie, that'd be good for me atleast! :right:

That would sweet! Wait, what exactly do you mean by history of Metroid Prime?

MakgSnake
Jan 30th, 2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

That would sweet! Wait, what exactly do you mean by history of Metroid Prime?
Like Summarizing all the Metriod game's story. Cause I dont know what is what and where what happened and when. Honest! :disturb:

DSgamer
Jan 30th, 2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU
Wow, that like that how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie rool pop question...

1659 i counted that, but they were very big licks :)

ssjtrunks13
Jan 30th, 2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Like Summarizing all the Metriod game's story. Cause I dont know what is what and where what happened and when. Honest! :disturb:

I see now. I'd also like to know, consiodering I've never played any of the Metroid games. Just like I haven't read the LOTR books(I don't want the end of it to be spoiled because I've been in the dark on all the movies so far and I'd like it to be like that when I see the last movie)

Vicious
Jan 31st, 2003, 10:45 AM
A Metroid movie, this is gonna be a good movie.