PDA

View Full Version : Identity Crisis

Gaseous_Baboon
Jan 25th, 2003, 01:04 AM
I remember a time I was hooked to forums. PS2 Fantasy forums in particular. This was a time long ago, over a year in fact. The main topics of discussion were Metal Gear Solid 2, and everyone (this Baboon included) were insane over the game. This was a time when I logged onto my dad's laptop for my forum kicks. Like all things, this faded away... and I soon had completely withdrawn from the land of Ps2 Fantasy; presumably forever.
Now, over a year later, I sit here at my own computer and feel like a vastly different person. No longer am I the New Kid with no friends and nothing but video games and the internet to keep me from withdrawig into depression. Now I'm preparing to graduate high school, and soon will be going off to college. I now have a group of friends and have found a place in this life. I still love video games though, and I still love the internet.
And so, I sat here tonight surfing like nobody's business. After my less insomniac friends had logged off and I had exhausted all interesting video game news, I racked my mind for some site to visit. For some fateful reason, my fingers typed the URL without my even knowing it... PS Fantasy. What a wave of nostalgia I felt! I immediately knew I had to try to reenter the forums... My name didn't exist anymore, but I was able to create it again. And, just like that, I was back.
Now I see posts on Vice City and Xenosaga instead of Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy X. But I recognize some of the old names, and I feel this strange coming home feeling. This is my first post. When it is over, I will undoubtedly be known as "That sad little man who wrote the long post about how he's in love with the forum". I assure you, the rest of my posts will be irrelevant and inane. This time, I'm here to stay. (Here I am tempted to say something like "The Baboon is back", but then sanity regains its flimsy grip on my tired mind. So I'm not gonna say it.) With that said... howdy folks. What's up?

MakgSnake
Jan 25th, 2003, 01:36 AM
Hey there, I remember you, how are you man? If I am not mistaken, I remember you telling me that you will be making movies in the future (Correct me if I am wrong). Its good to see you back, seriously. Oh by the way Metal Gear Solid 3 will be shown (or atleast be talked) in the coming E3, which is going to take place in May 2003. :)

Gaseous_Baboon
Jan 25th, 2003, 01:47 AM
Why yes, Makg, that was indeed me. How touching that someone remembers the ol' flatulant primate! :laugh:

Beretta55
Jan 25th, 2003, 02:12 AM
I dont remember you. maybe it's because you probally joined way back when i did. *which was in may or was it march bah i dont remember* but anyway good to have you back.

DSgamer
Jan 25th, 2003, 02:18 AM
hey man, i dont remember u ('cause i wasn't here a year ago) but uh, good to have u back :D

kupoartist
Jan 25th, 2003, 06:13 AM
yay! someone from the land before me! welcome back... whoever you are... but hey, I'm sure i'll see you around!

REChick14
Jan 25th, 2003, 06:21 AM
Hey! You probably were here before me so anyway, Welcome Back! Maybe we can get to know each other. Pm me whenever ya want to talk aight! Peace. Im out!

mark0™
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by the_artist

yay! someone from the land before me! welcome back... whoever you are... but hey, I'm sure i'll see you around!

Ditto, welcome back.

Harry
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:58 AM
Welcome back, and thanks for your love for these forums. I perfectly remember you. Many members you knew changed their names, and your name is no longer in the database because we had to change forum software in January, and everybody had to register again.

So, thanks again for visiting us, and enjoy these little forums once again!

P.s. Your post made me think it's a miracle Ps2Fantasy is still here!

Rei
Jan 25th, 2003, 08:00 AM
Hi there! I remember you too! It's nice to see you around after all this time... Welcome back!

dan da man
Jan 25th, 2003, 08:29 AM
hi, i dont remember you becuase i wasnt here then, but welcome back.:)

Daniel Legge
Jan 25th, 2003, 08:44 AM
hiya, welcome back, i dont member you cos i wasnt here when u were but its nice to know u came back to this gr8 place.

cya around.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 25th, 2003, 10:19 AM
Lo' Gaseous_Baboon. I don't remember you either, but welcome back.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 25th, 2003, 01:54 PM
Yo gaseous i remeber you really well.We had some good times back in the day,all those silly post we came up with.

Gaseous_Baboon
Jan 25th, 2003, 02:42 PM
They like me, they really like me! Harry, its no wonder that PS2fantasy still thrives. Just look at all these loyal forumites! Were I to somewhere else and announce in a long long and somewhat gay sounding post that he used to love this place and has returned, they would probably taunt me and call me cruel names! "There goes the gay sounding long long posting guy!" they would say as I logged on. You guys are the best. C'mon now. Group hug! Hey, why are you backing away from me slowly?!

DSgamer
Jan 25th, 2003, 03:34 PM
dude, were backing away because we dont like group hugs

jkjk

its good to c feel welcome

Gadzoox
Jan 25th, 2003, 04:19 PM
Hooray for love! *joins in the group hug* hee!

Welcome home! Hopefully it will be just as good, if not better than you remembered it! :happy:

Daniel Legge
Jan 25th, 2003, 05:40 PM
hey Gaseous_Baboon i didnt know u before but i like you already. Its nice you came back. Ill jion the group hug.:phew: ;)

ssjtrunks13
Jan 25th, 2003, 06:30 PM
MAybe it's my imagination, but I could have sworn I saw the name before, I guess not though. Welcome back and I hope you have a nice time with these RPG stat like thingy's!

The former you sounded like myself, I really should turn my life around and play less video games and do more gaems. But I can't seem to do it and my parents told me thewy'll be nagry at me if I don't graduate this year. I'm really scared now because I have no idea if I'm going to graduate this year.

If you'd like to talk you can always PM me if you like.

dan da man
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

MAybe it's my imagination, but I could have sworn I saw the name before, I guess not though.

yea i did too. i mistaken him for pain_4_pleasure, maybe because they got the same avatar.

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Hello, I've been here for about a year now and don't remember you, so you've been away for quite sometime I suppose...

Welcome back...but I'll stay out of this joyous hug fest this time...

DragonSphere
Jan 25th, 2003, 08:10 PM
So the Baboon one has returned...hope you'll have a much longer stay this time around.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 25th, 2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

yea i did too. i mistaken him for pain_4_pleasure, maybe because they got the same avatar.

That's not it, I really thought I had seen a Gaseous_Baboon before.:cool:

Pu the Owl
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:31 AM
Baboon, I remember you disappeared a very long time ago. But it's cool you're back now. It's always good to see old people coming back after a long absence!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 26th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Does this mean I was hallucinating?

kupoartist
Jan 26th, 2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13
That's not it, I really thought I had seen a Gaseous_Baboon before.:cool:
Perhaps you were thinking of Gaseous_Snake ?

goodman
Jan 26th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Yeah i remember you somewhat also, GB, but thought you were older, in the military, or something. I remember you living in Dallas, my brothers business is where you live. Even remember some other things, but mostly remember you appear and disappear, so i wouldnt be surprised if you do that again, which is fine. Oh, incidentally, you may have been lonely and depressed, and hanging out on forums for that reason. But many arent, and dont, for the reasons that you were. So be assured that there are many great people on forums no matter where their station in life is. ;)

ssjtrunks13
Jan 26th, 2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

Perhaps you were thinking of Gaseous_Snake ?

That's it! That's who I was thinking about(only there are no spaces between 'gaseous' and 'snake')

Gaseous_Baboon
Jan 26th, 2003, 08:15 PM
I am an army brat, just a loley high school student. But I am sure I write with the eloquence and profundity of a man thrice my age. :laugh: Yeah, I may have turned to the forums before because I was friendless and lonely, then I settled into my life, made friends, got a girlfriend, and forgot my e-roots.
SSJTrunks... fear not... I never believed anyone when they said things'd get better, but they did, no matter how much I resisted. You really gotta do enough work to graduate though...
C'mon, fellas, I was just kidding about that whole hug thing... Except for you ladies with the cute anime-lookin avatars... There's plenty of Baboon to go around!

merylsilverburg
Jan 26th, 2003, 08:27 PM
I think I remember you....because your name was so interesting and unique. Welcome back! :happy:

Gaseous_Baboon
Jan 26th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Whether you're a lonely kid, a succesfull businessman, or anything inbetween, aren't the forums great? Talking about what interests you with people that share those interests, it doesn't matter what your station is. Youngins and olduns join together in perfect harmony... Uh oh, I feel another hug comin on. I can control it. Deep breaths.

goodman
Jan 27th, 2003, 03:08 AM
Yeah, the forums have been good a long time, glad to see you noticed, GB!!

Piggle_humsy
Jan 27th, 2003, 05:18 AM
Hey welcome back old friend!

Ahh how i've missed your familiar face around here, remember the days when we were young and we use to buzz around this site all day long.........

What huh?? *Wakes up to reality*
Oh yeh i only joined a little while ago! Ooops!
Well welcome back anyway!

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

p.s I really liked your post it was like something out of a movie!
I could really imagine leonardo dicaprio or matt damon narrating over the film! lol!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 27th, 2003, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Gaseous_Baboon

You really gotta do enough work to graduate though...
C'mon, fellas, I was just kidding about that whole hug thing... Except for you ladies with the cute anime-lookin avatars... There's plenty of Baboon to go around!

I really should, but video games seem to get in my way a lot. We all knew you were joking, except for the ladies. At least I did.

Also, I have talked to Seraphim and her friend at another board because of this place. You guys(the administrators) really make this a fun and enjoyable place.:cool:

Gadzoox
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:22 AM
Except for you ladies with the cute anime-lookin avatars... There's plenty of Baboon to go around!

Ahahaa, what about a sexy Zoolander avatar? You know you like it! ;)

Beretta55
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by Gadzoox

Ahahaa, what about a sexy Zoolander avatar? You know you like it! ;)
is there more then to be really really good looking?.........ahh i loved zoolander:laugh:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 27th, 2003, 11:48 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but I plan on watching it because Ben Stiller is one of my favorite actors. He's also Fred Durst's favorite actor, I guess the three of us are the same as far as that goes.

Gaseous_Baboon
Jan 27th, 2003, 04:42 PM
As incredibly goodlooking as Zoolander is, a am firmly hetero... But, he's so incredibly GOOD looking! No no... Strength... Just one little hug! FIGHT IT! FIGHT IT!

P.S.Thanks Piggle. I am humbled by the kind words.

Gadzoox
Jan 27th, 2003, 09:32 PM

As incredibly goodlooking as Zoolander is, a am firmly hetero... But, he's so incredibly GOOD looking! No no... Strength... Just one little hug! FIGHT IT! FIGHT IT!

LMAO! :laugh: Oh man, you are hilarious!!!!! I love it!!