PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Phil (Ruining lives one at a time)

Vicious_2003
Jan 23rd, 2003, 10:50 AM
I stayed home from school today because it was - 12 degrees here in Ohio today and I cant believe what I just saw on T.V !. I had it on to my left here while sitting at my computer when I saw that quack Dr. Phil talking to a clearly conservative mother and her son. She found out that her son smoked weed occasionally. His mother was hounding him like crazy over it because she thought he did and then she found out for sure and made the kid take drug screens all the time (Grounding him and what not as if that was gonna help) . Dr. Phil went on to tell the mother to keep hounding him and to force him into drug rehab thats right DRUG REHAB !!!. For weed !!. If everyone who smoked weed was in rehab thier would be more rehab centers than schools in this country !. Bottom line its not as bad as cigarettes for one reason ITS NOT ADDICTIVE !!. Cigarettes should be illagal for being addictive and weed should be legal (Id prefer it not be because I dont smoke it but I really could care less if others do) Anyways back to the kid. Hes clearly distraught because instead of really talking to him about it and being realistic she claims hes going to die from it and needs rehab. Dr. Phil said....and I quote " Mom...your job is to keep him alive till hes 21" Then he suggested rehab and if it didnt work he said put him through it again !!. The good Dr pointed out that he had a glazed over look due to weed....the glazed over look is him seeing his life being torn apart by two adults who dont see reality !. Thats the first time Ive ever yelled at a TV before...I almost couldn't believe it . I dont smoke anything but come on Weed is NOT going to kill you, in fact everyone I know (That smokes weed) functions as well or better than others who dont. Sure maybe they will get lung problems when they get older but so will people who smoke Cigg's and im sure mommy wouldn't mind that. The over conservative CRAP has to STOP !!. Also he says that if he keeps the weed smoking up he could die before he reaches 21. Whats going to happen is that shes going to keep putting him in rehab till hes 18 and hes going to run away so he can be free of all that nonsence. Then hes going to have no where to go and maybe end up dead in the streets. That wouldnt be casued by the weed it would be caused by his mother pushing him away for doing something he has EVERY right to do !. If my son or daughter smoked weed id try and talk to them personally and ask them why they are doing It and Id ask them to quit..if they still wanted to do it Id say hey "You have the right to smoke weed but dont expect me to support it or bail you out of jail if your caught with it. And dont smoke it in my house ever !" Thats the only good way of doing it. (added) And ofcourse thats only if they are over the age of say 16 depending on thier maturity level. Some kids are just too plain stupid to amke rational decisions these days

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:47 AM
Weed is not as bad as cigarrettes? Do you know that weed kills brain cells? Do you know that weed has something like 4 times the amount of tar as a cigarrette? No, you probably didn't.

Nobody has "every right" to smoke pot. It's illegal for a reason.

You can say "the over conservative crap has to stop," but I'd say "the over liberal crap has to stop."

ssjtrunks13
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84

If my son or daughter smoked weed id trya nd tlak to them personally and ask them why they are doing It and Id ask them to quit..if they still wanted to do it Id say hey "Your have the right to smoke weed but dont expect me to support it or bail you out of jail if your caught with it. And dont smoke it in my house ever !" Thats the only good way of doing it

I would too. That way if they really wanted to live under my roof they'd quit, right?

Vicious_2003
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:29 PM
Its illegal because They cant tax it. And people that smoke weed dont smoke it in the amount that people smoke cig's. People that smoke weed usually smoke one to two joints a day. People who smoke cig's smoke what half a pack a whole pack a day !? (Not too many people smoke less than 4 or 5 a day. One joint may contain more tar but when you smoke a whole friggin pack or even half a pack of cig's a day it more than balances out so get realistic one of these days . And open your eyes for crying out loud. Its illegal for the wrong reasons lets face it . Alcohol kills brain cells why isnt it illegal. Did you say ANYTHING that proves your point Suzuki ? Ummmmm NO you didnt . And anything that traps you into having a physical need for it should be illegal in my book. And hey if people want to destroy their brain cells who are we to stop them. People have the right to do that if they deem fit. Just as long as they arent being controlled by factors that are beyond them like addiction . Get real (Hmm that may have sounded a little argumentative...oh well)

mark0™
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:31 PM
Marajuana has the side-effects of ciggerettes, but the effects are stronger. The only problem from the drug itself, Is Cannabis Psychosis. This occurs in people who smoke dope on a very regular basis, and if they start at a young age, it is more likely to happen (a person starting at 15 is more likely to get it than a guy who starts at 30)

But as a casula marajuana smoker, It doesn't bother me, I know the risks, so I dont smoke it a lot because I know what can happen.

But I seriously think it should be legalised, most governments are taking steps to see this happen, and I shouldn't be far away.

P.S. don't think i'm a druggie, all drugs except Cannabis should be banned IMO, Speed, Coke, Herion, I'd never try these and I'd never condone them.

P.P.S Nobody should take anything as I say as an excuse for smoking dope, I smoke it for my own reasons and I do not recommend that anyone tries it ever.

Vicious_2003
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:37 PM
Hey men to that borther. But ofcourse the over use of anything isnt good thats commen sence. We cant be held responsible for idiodic people who submit themselves to harmful effects due to over use . Dont make it illegal to proctect those (VERY VERY) few stupid people , they deserve what they get . Ive never heard of any weed related accidents yet so many concervatives claim that they happen all the time, give me a break. Thousands of people in this country smoke weed (Many you wouldnt ever expect) yet I never hear of anyone with Cannibus Psychosis . I watch the news every day and read the as well and I dont hear of any problems caused by the smoking of maruijana* . So whats the big deal....oh wait thier isnt one. Alcohol is a factor in many...MANY incidents resulting in fatalitys yet its legal

mark0™
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:41 PM
Listen, Dope aint as bad as what It's conveyed by the media, but It is still bad for your health! No doubt about that. And again, please don't take anything I say as a reason to do drugs, i am a very casual smoker, havent done it in months, but say no to drugs.

Vicious_2003
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:46 PM
I dont think anyone would take anything said on this forum as a reason to do anything. Were just debating an issue not trying to talk people into doing anything . So dont worry bout it Mark

Beretta55
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:46 PM
I dont condone smokeing at all. but i think it's wrong forceing the child taking controll of his life will probally piss him off. i know it would make me lose my mind Im not going to smoke i dont have any desire of smoke.

~Frosty

Vicious_2003
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:48 PM
I dont promote smoking Mary J, but I dont condone condemning people to jail and puclic criticism for doing something thats no worse or dangerous than alcohol. As long as the person isnt being controlled by an addiciton and it doesent have a direct negative effect on other people it should be Legal. In that way its less dangerous than smoking and alcohol. With Alcohol thiers many cases of auto accidents and with Smoking cig's thiers second hand smoke wich injures innocent bi standards

ssjtrunks13
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:55 PM
I haven't done any drugs at all and I don't plan on taking any.
I'm losing my mind because I just realised I have to start taking care of my life and I wouldn't take anything here as an excuse to do drugs.

mark0™
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:56 PM
I'm just making my intentions clear so that (hopefully) the admins wont be angry at me. It's kinda mnessed up, no kid really knows if it is as bad as they say on TV, then they're friend will tell them its not bad, but I don't know 100% what all the "bad" effects are.

But then again, its just something that makes me feel good, alcohol can (sometimes not though) makes you feel good, and can cause serious illnesses. but it's legal, Smoking (tobacco) is the same and even Sex can lead to a ruined life (heath wise and social wise) if the proper precautions are not taken care of yet they are no laws against them.

But seriously, Marajuana is bad, it should only be used if the smoker knows the risk and accepts them. And IMO, the government will realise this and make it legal (then they can charge tax on it)

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_XZ84

Hey men to that borther.

That's one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Did you say ANYTHING that proves your point Suzuki ? Ummmmm NO you didnt .

Umm..YEA I did. I'll post my first response, and elaborate:

Weed is not as bad as cigarrettes? Do you know that weed kills brain cells? Do you know that weed has something like 4 times the amount of tar as a cigarrette? No, you probably didn't.

Weed is worse than cigarrettes, that's obvious. Cigarrettes do not kill brain cells, weed does. Weed has far more tar than a cigarrette does, so therefore it is worse for your lungs.

And where did you see me say that cigarrettes are OK? You keep saying "it evens out, the amount of tar, blah blah blah blah." I never said I thought smoking cigarrettes was good..did I? No.

I don't care if people smoke weed in their house, but don't smoke weed in public and don't go out in public stoned. It's OK in my book for people to give themselves cancer, just don't act like an ass in public after doing it. That's why I don't want it legalized. I don't want stoners walking around the streets doing some crazy shit all the time.

mark0™
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy
That's why I don't want it legalized. I don't want stoners walking around the streets doing some crazy shit all the time.

Actually your average Stoner wants to lay around all the time, your more likely to get hassled by a drunk, and guess what, Drinking's legal! And the hey men brother, lol.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:09 PM
Yea, that's another thing...the "laying around" remark. People will start to smoke it, and get lazy all the time. Another bad thing.

But people smoking it in one of those places where you can smoke weed...they're like little pot-smoking clubs. There, they'd come out all annoying and crazy like, and etc.

Drinking isn't illegal because it's perfectly fine in moderation. Drinking a glass of wine a day is good for your heart. It's the jerks that abuse it that need to go to jail. Drinking doesn't kill brain cells until you get drunk. Having a beer won't hurt you at all, as long as it's in moderation.

mark0™
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:16 PM
But people smoking it in one of those places where you can smoke weed...they're like little pot-smoking clubs. There, they'd come out all annoying and crazy like, and etc.

And how do you know this?

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to lay around in the privacy of your home if you want to, what harm is that to you?

Plus alcohol is fine in moderation, but when I goto a pub, I don't plan on drinking in moderation, and I'm sure a lot of people agree with me there, although I'm never aggresive when I'm drunk, If I do get aggresive, I'll bring it down a notch (and again, I do not condone Alcohol either, Ethanol (alcohol) is a poison, it will damage you ).

Keep it clean :)

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by mark0

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to lay around in the privacy of your home if you want to, what harm is that to you?

I specifically said earlier that doing that in your own privacy is fine with me. See:

I don't care if people smoke weed in their house

mark0™
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:27 PM
Erm, I said that because you said being lazy would be a problem, but something as innocent as smoking weed and watching tv in the privacy of your own home doesnt cause any harm though does it? I only smoke outside (far away from anyone else hehe) because obviously I live with my parents, and they aren't too happy eith it (I've been caught, thats why I dont smoke it so much now, I'm an extremely casual smoker)

time for the obliguitory... Dont Do Drugs.

Drugs are bad mmm..kay?

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:39 PM
The thing about laziness being bad is people who are in the work force...if they smoke too much, they might not do their job properly, and this could cause some people who have jobs that require social interaction to not be able to do their job properly.

Yes'm, don't do drugs. Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

"You don't have to spend your life addicted to smack, homeless on the streets givin handjobs for crack, follow these words and very soon you will saaayyy, it's easy mmmmkaaayy"

dan da man
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:42 PM
just to say weed is worst than cigs. it has been proven. but its still banned in England.

Spank-A-Thon
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:19 PM
The active ingredient in weed is THC. In our brains there a small part that is paticularly receptive to THC. So why is that there? One could argue we were designed to be affected by weed.

Anyway, it seems some people around here are forgetting that weed actually has some proven medcinal purposes. For example, people undergoing Chemoetherapy treatment for cancer suffer from extreme nausea which makes eating difficult. A well known side-effect of weed is the munchies - hence why a lot of people undergoing this treatment are advised to use weed to fight the loss of appetite.

A lot of sufferers of MS also find great relief from their trauma through weed.

And Suzuki, before you spout on about how weed is more harmful than cigarettes, maybe you should be aware that you don't have to smoke weed - there are alternative methods for getting stoned.

- S

Vicious_2003
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:36 PM
Damn I gotta learn to type . What the hells a borther anyways. Ahem, dont get the wrong impression, I dont do any kind of drugs, never have. Im 18 and I dont drink or smoke, I dont really see the positives in any of it, all people say is it makes me feel good, their are alot of safer things you can do that make you feel good. And sazuki, you really didnt prove anything that I couldn't blow all to hell. What Im challenging here is not weather its good or bad or just that it should be legal. If Alcohol and Tobacco are and it clearly isnt that much more harmful to anyone . And it does balance out in the long run. Smoking a joint or two a day is no worse than smoking a pack of cigarette's a day. How many joints would be equivalent to an entire pack of cig's I woner (Ads far as tar and what not) . I bet its a whole lot more than 2. I dont know anyone who smokes more than 2 maybe 3 joints a day, that would be pretty costly and well stupid. If a joint is 4 x worse (As you said Sazuki) than 1 cig. Then theirs what about twenty cigs in a pack. So according to that to get the negative effects of one pack of cigs youd have to smoke 5 joints. Who the hell smokes 5 joints a day. Casual mary j smokers have 1 maybe 2, some days none, so how is the habit any more harmful Sazuki ??. Yeah it aint so open your eyes to the truth my brother !! Also studies show that weed has a relaxing effect, it doesent neccesarily make you lazy..just laid back for a short period of time...how is that harmful to others ? Huh ? (lol). So to further the public service announcement style this thread has adopted I will say this DRUGS ARE BAD , BUT WEED SHOULDNT BE ILLAGAL, If YA SMMMMEEELLL ....Oh ahem never mind !!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:08 PM

And the hey men brother, lol.

I think he meant Amen.

mark0™
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:59 PM
yeah i know what he meant.

But you cant use as an argument against cannabis that the "stoned" effect may alter you work rate. If you were to smoke during work, you deserve to be fired, and many employers would not hesitate to deal with that in the workplace. I don't think "lazy-ness" is a major side effect.

On another note of safetyl, I read that using a vaporiser instead of a bong or joint is a lot more safer. The vaporiser simply heats up the weed and allows the THC (Tetra-Hydra Cannabol i think it means, something like that) which is the pure essance of cannabis, to evaporate and be absorbed in the throat. The good points of this are that the bad effects from burning weed go away, but i'm not 100% sure on how safe it is, if any.

Vicious
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:21 PM
Drugs are bad.:disturb:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:23 PM
Whoa! Why would anyone start doing these drugs? SUre, one's life may be less than cosher but that doesn't mean you have to start doing these kinds of things to feel better.

I know my life may not be as bad as some poele, like those in countries less developed than ours, but it still is pretty bad and I don't do drugs, but then again I only eat ro drink stuff because it tastes good, that's why I don't drink coffee because I don't like the taste.

Reid
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:29 PM
I'm a strong believer in the legalisation of marijuana (and that may well be a reality in the near future here in Canada . . . to an extent).

As a casual smoker, drinker and stoner I'd have to say that I'm probably the least affected by grass than the other two. I've never had a pot hangover at work! I've also never felt my work initiative diminish because of smoking either . . .

I've also never seen anyone go to the hospital for smoking too much pot, whereas alcohol poisoning can happen.

As a sidenote too, if you don't roll a spliff you can smoke a joint using a cigarette shell and have many of the toxins filtered out . . . or use a gravity bong so the water collects them.

And don't think for a second that I have anything against people that don't need drugs to feel good . . . in fact I get intoxicated far less than most of my friends because I feel that a drug or alcohol dependancy of any time is a bad way of getting through the hardships of day to day life.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Spank-A-Thon
And Suzuki, before you spout on about how weed is more harmful than cigarettes, maybe you should be aware that you don't have to smoke weed - there are alternative methods for getting stoned.

- S

OK...? There are other methods that are EVEN WORSE than weed. I'm not going to argue with a bunch of teenagers (and I'm one, don't get me wrong) about drugs, because most teens are so damn liberal nowadays that it won't do any good. You've all (or most of you) have this idea that "weed isn't dangerous" and crap, when it's not true. I don't like any drugs. I don't consider alcohol to be bad though, because in some cases it can be healthy.

Spank-a-thon, where did I say I was against medicinal marijauna? I've been assuming that we were talking about normal kids who just smoke pot for fun, not sick people. Don't change the subject like that.

But you cant use as an argument against cannabis that the "stoned" effect may alter you work rate......I don't think "lazy-ness" is a major side effect.

I'll take your word for it. You probably know for more about that than I do :D

Reid
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:45 PM
You've all (or most of you) have this idea that "weed isn't dangerous" and crap, when it's not true.

The only dangerous things about weed are the laws that go with it.

And what's so wrong with teenagers being "so damn liberal"?

Spank-A-Thon
Jan 23rd, 2003, 06:49 PM

OK...? There are other methods that are EVEN WORSE than weed. I'm not going to argue with a bunch of teenagers (and I'm one, don't get me wrong) about drugs, because most teens are so damn liberal nowadays that it won't do any good. You've all (or most of you) have this idea that "weed isn't dangerous" and crap, when it's not true. I don't like any drugs. I don't consider alcohol to be bad though, because in some cases it can be healthy.

Spank-a-thon, where did I say I was against medicinal marijauna? I've been assuming that we were talking about normal kids who just smoke pot for fun, not sick people. Don't change the subject like that.Firstly, by other methods I meant hash cakes and the like, not other types of drugs. That way you are not inhaling any fumes.

Secondly, you shouldn't really presume we're all 'a bunch of teenagers' - I'm certainly not, and there are a fair few others who aren't either.

Thirdly, Marijuana is less harmful than many prescription drugs. All drugs (alcohol and nicotine included) are harmful - there's just varying degrees of harm.

Finally, when I mentioned mecidinal purposes it wasn't aimed at anyone in particular - I was just mentioning it as an aside.

Besides, in Amsterdam weed is legal - so there's one country that doesn't think it's so bad.

- S

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:56 PM

Yea, that's another thing...the "laying around" remark. People will start to smoke it, and get lazy all the time. Another bad thing.

I'm already a lazy bum without the drug...:laugh:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire

I'm already a lazy bum without the drug...:laugh:

I hate to admit this, but I am too.:D

Killuminati
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:29 AM
alright, im a pot smoker, and a drinker here. i do both weekly(drink on the weekends, and smoke all the time) and trust me, its not as harmful as they make it out to be. and trust me when i say this: pot-heads know more about weed, its effects, and its down-sides more than anybody. we know everything bad about it, and the truth is, there isnt that much bad. Weed doesnt cause Lung Cancer unless u smoke it alot and all the time, like 6+ joints a day. sure it kills brain cells, but so does ciggarrettes, and alcohol kills more brain cells than weed, and it damages your liver. Alcohol is worse for you than pot. Cigs are worse for you than pot. if you go to a site like freevibe.com most of the sh*t they put on there about pot isnt true, thats just what they say to...well i dont kno why they say it. and to whoever said he doesnt kno why someone would ever start doin this. its not like any other drugs where you take it to escape reality. me and my boys do it for kicks. its fun, not that harmful, doesnt make us retarded like some people think. has anyone seen those commercials about pot out? liek the one with the kid who shoots his friend cause "Marijuana alters your sense of reality" or soemthin stupid like that. no one is that careless when they are stoned off pot. if anything you are more cautious when ur baked. i cant say the same for Coke, Crack, Heroine, Speed, E. (i have done a couple of those) and that sh*ts f*cked up. i dont do those anymore tho, not worth it

Berserker
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:04 AM
AAAAAAAh the delicate discussion of legalization...every country has to know for themselves I'm from Amsterdam so I think legalization is a beautiful thing.I don't smoke it any more used to
smoke it for 6 years in a row. The only problem with not legalizing weed is that you must buy it at dodgy dealers who most of the time can sell you anything from xtc,coke,amfetamine to ghb. So the step to hard drugs is easier to make in your country.
But when you have this freedom of legalization education is very VERY important. In Europe legalization is just a mather of time they're already experimenting in other country besides holland like Germany,Belguim( in fact it's already legal to smoke inbelguim but not to buy strange huh!!!!),Austria,Italy etc.
On the part of damaging brain cells holding you're breath too long or get you're head kicked with kickboxing does more damage......

ssjtrunks13
Jan 24th, 2003, 11:45 AM
Originslly posted by Killuminati

and to whoever said he doesnt kno why someone would ever start doin this. its not like any other drugs where you take it to escape reality. me and my boys do it for kicks

That was me and I was talking about mainly ciggarrettes and alcohol. I had no idea exactly what weed does and the reason I said what I said is because that's the only reason I could think of why someone would do any kind of drug. I'm sure there are others too like the one you mentioned. I just wouldn't do it myself.

MakgSnake
Jan 24th, 2003, 12:31 PM
All my friends who smoke weed are dumb and useless to be honest. And its true as it kills brain cells, cause to be honest, every person Ive met who smokes weed are stupid and you seriously cannot take any advices from them.
I dont like Dr Phill, but still weed is even worse. I remember my classmate telling me that Weed is even better then Tylonol or Advil and all. I was just laughing at him. I would totally agree with Suzuki.

mark0™
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:10 PM
If it is legal, the amount of drug related deaths will surely plummet, when you associate death with Cannabis (not other drugs though) it is the dealers who would be causing death, not the drugs.

Dealers may put substances alongside the cannabis without you knowing, and you even may get in trouble with a dealer and he may cause you trouble.

Thens theres the whole ladder of drugs thing. The first step is Dope, then when you go back to buy more, the dealer will try to get you into harder drugs, like speed, Ecstasy, Herion etc etc. And these drugs are total poison, The should never be justified for use.

But if you buy your weed from a licensed shop, woudln't these problems go away? Also the governments can make a profit from taxes and we can all be safer when it comes to dope.

But I agree that Cannabis is dangerous, of course it is. It is worse of than Tobacco, but I think Alcohol has more risk.

Oh... Drugs are bad... Mmm..kay?

kupoartist
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:02 PM
Dealers may put substances alongside the cannabis without you knowing, and you even may get in trouble with a dealer and he may cause you trouble.
I really don't get it when this happens. How can anyone with good buisness sense be stupid enough to kill their main market?!?! Thats like Mcdonald's inserting C4 into their McFlurrys! This brings me to my main reason for staying away from Drugs. Too high a percentage of the people I see who do any form of Drugs are frankly thick before they started. Its true that they'll never feel the side-effects of Cannabis. They're already thick anyway.

Anyways... I'm on the side of not legalising it, and yes, I don't know all the facts, but who honestly does? and yes, its not those who smoke it. The whole point in side-effects are that they are things that you can't notice. No one can personally tell they are getting thicker as your entire comprehension is governed by the very area that is affected.

And then theres the drug ladder. If you legalise Cannabis, the positive and negative effects would probably cancel each-other out anyway. Because somthing is legal, some of the people buying it are perhaps even more likely to go on to bigger and better things because they're illegal.

and finally... I think the topic title is a little too OTT. No one's life has ever been ruined by stopping them smoking. There are other forms of enjoyment out there.

mark0™
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

I really don't get it when this happens. How can anyone with good buisness sense be stupid enough to kill their main market?!?! Thats like Mcdonald's inserting C4 into their McFlurrys! This brings me to my main reason for staying away from Drugs. Too high a percentage of the people I see who do any form of Drugs are frankly thick before they started. Its true that they'll never feel the side-effects of Cannabis. They're already thick anyway.

Maybe it is more of an Urban Legend but I doubt it never happens.

And why are you instantly stupid if you have ever smoke marajuana? Am I stupid simply because I smoke marajuana?

kupoartist
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by the_artist

Too high a percentage of the people I see who do any form of Drugs are frankly thick before they started. Its true that they'll never feel the side-effects of Cannabis. They're already thick anyway.
the "see" is in italics. hence the people I've actually seen do make up a low percentage of the overall ammount of people who smoke Cannabis in the world right now. Of them, many are already on the slippery slope round the U-Bend of life, being already embrioded in a life of other substances, petty crime and teenage sex. But those are other issues anyway, and don't let that make you think that I think everyone is like that, I'm just presented with very bad role models.

mark0™
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:18 PM
Oh, sorry, a lot of people who I see smoking it publicly are stupid.

A lot of young kids at my high school, I see them smoking at the beginning of school, during break, lunch and walking home, and I know its dope. It amazes me, I walked past them this morning and one was yelling to some guy about buying his hash, and you could clearly smell them burning hash at the same time (you never froget that smell).

But my school is a total disaster, I swear its the shitehole of Scotland. It's so surprising the school would ban me from they're tuckshop (lol) yet do nothing to these little dudes.

kupoartist
Jan 24th, 2003, 02:29 PM
as I think about it more though, I've been a little harsh, especially as I know of at least two good friends that supposedly do it (and both are probably more intelligent than me anyway). At the end of the day, I'm not particuarly phased by the whole thing and I suppose it's their choice. I'd prefer it if they didn't do it, as there are harmful effects and I don't want them to be at the receiving end of it, but its probably best to leave those who's issue it is to fight their battles - for whatever side that may be.

Killuminati
Jan 24th, 2003, 06:58 PM
heh marko, my school is always like that too. but here where i live(a small town in British Columbia, Canada) the percentage of pot smokers in our school is around 75-80%. and alot of pot-heads in our school are straight-A students, who go on to university and everything. Drugs are only bad if you let them control you. my mom says she knows people that have used Coke every couple weekends or so and they have good jobs, good stable families, no drug related problems, simply because they dont let it control them

mark0™
Jan 24th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Theres is plenty of drug users who are succesful, no doubt about that, they may have started drug use after success though, but the majority of drug users probably aren't sucessful.

But yeah, your really right there, you cant blame a persons downfall on a drug, it's trully the person's fault, not the drug forcing them to do whatever.