PDA

View Full Version : Ironic.

OpOverDose
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:12 PM
OMG I just noticed something pretty kool. Ok well I downloaded the movie Scarface and well I was looking at it. and the story of Scarfaces almost identicaly matches that the story of GTA:Vice City. For those of you who have played and beaten Vice City you should see the same and watched Scarface. Ok well In Vice City started out as a nobody and worked his way to the top by doing arrons then he had a plan to take over the Mansion and kill the boss. Well in Scarface he was a nobody and he did arons then he killed the boss and took over the mansion. And the mansion on both the movie and game had the same colors black walls red carpet pimped out. Then at the last part they called moved in on scarface and tried to kill him, so he got his machine gun and wasted half the people. In Vice City at the end Tony Verrcetti got a mahcine gun and killed a lot of people, so you see it's the same storyline. Pretty kool huh?

Zone
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:09 AM
No, not really ironic. A lot of game ideas come from somewhere. You can easily see that Miami Vice was a big influence on GTA: VC, as well.

BTW, you might have wanted to put a *spoiler* warning in the thread title, or at the beginning of the post.

OpOverDose
Jan 23rd, 2003, 07:39 AM
Yeh i'm sorry forgot about the spoiler warning.

mark0™
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:15 AM
I noticed the changes when I first saw scarface a while back, but it's not ironic, it happens all the time, you ever played Hitman? The level when you assasinate the triad dude and the poilce cheif is near identical to the Godfather scene when Michael kills the polic cheif and that other mafia dude, except hitman has an oriental twist to it.

dan da man
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:51 PM
just to break the news to you tommy vercetty was not a no body he was a big time gangsta and just been released out of prison and then his next aim was to take over VC
its not like gta3, this game rockstars north said they want a game when your not a noob your a gangsta guy thats why he knew sonny, his mate.

OpOverDose
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the info. for the guy who told me he was already a big time Gangsta. Tell you the truth when I first played the game I thought it was the same dood out of GTA3. How dumb am I. :roll:

mark0™
Jan 24th, 2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

just to break the news to you tommy vercetty was not a no body he was a big time gangsta and just been released out of prison and then his next aim was to take over VC
its not like gta3, this game rockstars north said they want a game when your not a noob your a gangsta guy thats why he knew sonny, his mate.

If it was like that, the game would Be called "Scarface" wouldn't it?

Of course the game is not the exact duplicate, but theres so much relations to ther movie, the time period is the same, the music (if you watch Scarface after playin VC you'll probably recognise the tunes straight away), the cocaine being stolen, the mission with the chainsaw, the taking over the mansion, taking control of Miami's/Vice city's Drug market and of course, the final showdown in the mansion. Of course these are not all the same, but they are obviously inspired by the movie.

Gaseous_Baboon
Jan 25th, 2003, 01:14 AM
Speaking of Scarface, have any of you tried to rent or buy it recently? I'm betitng you have. The odds on this one or most definitely in my favor on this because I work in a movie store and approximately 96504297604976 people (give or take 374830 or so, depending on the weather) a day come in asking for this movie. It is out of print. It has been out of print. There is no way to get a new copy. Right? I am intrigued by its popularity and aware of this new awareness of it because of Vice City. Anyone know how to get a copy?

mark0™
Jan 25th, 2003, 07:45 AM
My bro got it on DVD for christmas, I haven't seen it anywhere though (it is an old movie though)

Redpyramidhead
Jan 26th, 2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by Gaseous_Baboon

Speaking of Scarface, have any of you tried to rent or buy it recently? I'm betitng you have. The odds on this one or most definitely in my favor on this because I work in a movie store and approximately 96504297604976 people (give or take 374830 or so, depending on the weather) a day come in asking for this movie. It is out of print. It has been out of print. There is no way to get a new copy. Right? I am intrigued by its popularity and aware of this new awareness of it because of Vice City. Anyone know how to get a copy?

AHH goddamn posers!! now all these stupid kids are gonna be like "hey check out this movie cuz its a lot like Vice City!" The game is what borrowed from the movie you morons! anything inspired by SCarface could never do it justice espcially some comparatively immature storyline like in vice city. And do these people even know enough about who Al Pacino is to pay him proper respect!?!
Anyways just venting. I know not all people who become aware of the movie thru the game are not appreciative enjoyers of film, but I am also worried about those who are too young to know better. I hope they don't have the true vision of this classic masterpeice ruined by preconcieved notions from a video game that is meant to be tongue in cheek. Perhaps that is the true IRONY in this thread.

_RED_ stuff

mark0™
Jan 26th, 2003, 08:49 AM
Actually I've been meaning to see the film long before Vice City, and I just happened I see it after Vice City.

But I know what you mean.

Redpyramidhead
Jan 27th, 2003, 03:40 AM
No i didn't mean you, man. Definately not. plus I was mostly venting about society in pop culture or whatever.

_RED_ stuff