PDA

View Full Version : Your PC and you

Jolie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:50 AM
How many hours do you spend in front of your PC? When you're using your PC, what do you do the most? For example, do you simply surf the web, do you play games, do you listen to music, or what else? If you mostly use your computer to stay online, do you think you're addicted to the Internet or not?

ssjtrunks13
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:13 AM
I'm more addicted to video games than the internet. I like to listen to music while surfing the internet and don't play video games on it that much because I lack space on my computer.

mark0™
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:14 AM
I only use my PC for Internet and Graphics. And occasional Schoolwork, thats all, I despise PC games.

Vicious
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:19 AM
I think the best part about PCs are all of the online games that u can play. Its really fun to play games like Tribes and Half Life online with hundreds of other players. I also use the PC to do some surfing and school work.

Piggle_humsy
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:43 AM
I write "Stories" sometimes but mainly i surf getting pictures so my sis can make sig pics for people!
I think i am addicted to the internet! Why not!
I try and go on for at least 23 hrs a day! j/k
But while i'm online i play music and sing! Coz i have to sing!!
I also like answering questionnaires online!

Sometimes i just go on to chat to my good friends in Msn! (You know who you are!!) ;)

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

dan da man
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:27 PM
on my computer-

i surf the web
play games
do work
listen to music
copy cds

i nearly do everything on it.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Piggle_humsy

But while i'm online i play music and sing! Coz i have to sing!!

I also sing(it bothers people around me though) and forgot about school work.

Hylas
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:22 PM
I spend much time in front of my PC. Usually I do. I can play games (like the Sims) or surf the web for hours and hours. Lately, I'm not in the mood to use it as much as I used to, but I think it's only a temporary condition.

kupoartist
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:56 PM
Most of my games are on the PC.... I'm yet to complete a Final Fantasy game off of the darned thing (yup... even Final Fantasy IX was played entirely through an emulator by me. At least it looked 40,000 times prettier :happy: ) and I only got a newer generation console than my Mega Drive last year.

Well... apart from Games (Single Player, Online, Networked, Emulated etc. ) I also use it for music (listening to it, downloading or ripping it - 1284 mp3s to date :P ), Talking (like... now perhaps? or via iRC, MSN or ICQ) Art (I probably don't take it as a subject because I'm even more useless at it without a Computer to colour my pictures with it.) and homework (like my FFXI graphics project. i did way to much of the damned thing on the computer, but at least the final product has been made now \o/ )

oh and then theres the odd bit of messing around in level editors that i've done and failed miserably at in the past (doh :( )... and the whole internet thing... If i'm connected to the net for 300hrs per quarter... then I must spend about 1500hrs a year on my PC.

erm... thats pretty horrid really :laugh:

Spank-A-Thon
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:11 PM
Well, cos I work in IT I spend most of the day in front of a PC. Knowing that you'd think I wouldn't wanna use mine at home, however I like having the chance to use my PC for what I wanna do at home.

I mainly use it for surfing a bit, chatting on MSN and sometimes game playing.

- S

dan da man
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:12 PM
how did u play final fantasy threw your pc artist?

ssjtrunks13
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:18 PM
I think she said something about an emulator.

kupoartist
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:27 PM
I played FFIX through an emulator called ePSXe... it's kind of complicated, and they're sensible enough not to give you half of the files you require to run it. Also the PAL version of FFIX needs to have a patched so you have to store it all on your hard-drive. ouch! Oh and I played FF7 and 8 on the actual PC versions.

Daniel Legge
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:31 PM
Well i mainly use my PC for going online surfing the web and talkin to ppl on msn. I used to play games on it but my PC is a bit old now so alot of games dont work properly so im gonna wait till we get a new pc before i buy some new games for it. Oh yeh and when eva im on the PC im always listening to music.
That reminds me, i also use it for making CDs, i can put about 150 tracks onto 1 CD which is quite good, thing is the batteries only last 7 or 8 hours with one of those cds where they normally last 35 to 40 hours. but ah well.

Gadzoox
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:53 PM
I'm definately addictied. I used to (like a month ago!!) spend 12 hours a day on the freakin thing!

I've cut myself down considerably, but it's still really unhealthy. Hopfully this summer I can get out more; it's too cold to start today!! ;)

I check e-mails, upload art, colour art, go to my forumses, and that's pretty much it. Oh, I MUSH too.

mark0™
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:05 PM
MUSH ?? Whats that??

Big Dude
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:12 PM
This is carzy, the only reason right now why I have to leave my computer is to eat, sleep, and sadly go to school.
I dont play games to often on my computer, I mainly use it for forums, e-mail, chating on messangers like MSN, working with images, and now video too. On the ocasion I might need to use it for homework.
And yes, I am dredfully addicted to the net! I cant go without it for more than 1 hour, I start going mad. Mad I tellz ya! MAD!!!! :roll: :roll: :P

Gadzoox
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by mark0

MUSH ?? Whats that??

Multi-User Shared Hallucination.

It's a nerd thing to do! ahhaa (no offence to anyone else who MUSHes. :) )

You download a client like SimpleMU or whatnot and find a 'game' with an address and port number; then go going a bunch of other people and RolePlay, with text only.

Go here (http://moosh.net/mush/what.shtml) for a better explanation. :)

Nelo Angelo
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:57 PM
Talking to my friends and surfing the net.

I haven't played PC games in awhile. They're sort of boring me I guess.

Oh, and listening to music. o.o

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:00 PM
My PC is my life nuff said. :)

Beretta55
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:07 PM
I dont know i have been so long i forget about the time. i forget everything else and just have fun on the internet. listen to some music while i surf the net *Taking back sunday to be exact;)* but i am addicted.:P

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 22nd, 2003, 09:12 PM
YAY!!!111!!!!

TBS is off the chain, fa shizzle. They are so awesome...but not quite as good as Saves The Day :D

DragonSphere
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:41 PM
I usually spend quite a number of hours on my PC, about 1-2 hours on school days and up to 6 or 8 hours on the weekend. While most of it is spent on the Internet (forums, e-mail, music, etc.), I also sometimes type up school work and mess around with Photoshop.

MakgSnake
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:44 PM
I use to be online all the time before, before the Ps2, before the work before the College.

But now with WORK and College, and On TOP OF ALL THAT, my SWEET THREE consoles......... I really dont sit that much anymore. But I still try to come online once a day, for 1 hour or 30 minutes atleast. I love Ps2Fantasy. Period.

David
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:46 PM
I'm on my computer, almost everyday, I surf on the net, come here, play games, and find info for games, and homework projects.

mark0™
Jan 23rd, 2003, 08:45 AM
So MUSH is an MUD, cool, I'd check it out but I don't really have the time :(

Gadzoox
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by mark0

So MUSH is an MUD, cool, I'd check it out but I don't really have the time :(

Basically, yes. That's okay if you don't have time, I probably wouldn't have the time either.. hee.