PDA

View Full Version : Urban Legends/ Myths

Redpyramidhead
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:47 AM
List any urban legends or myths here special to your area that you live in that you've heard here. Any crazy things going on in your neighborhood?

_RED_ stuff

Berserker
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:46 AM
We've got a recreational(???) forrest with a small lake here. And like 12 years ago a small plane with a photographer crashed into the lake in front of a lot of people including me and my sister,there where a lot of people waving at the photographer as he was waving down to alarm the people. He and the pilot died in the crash...the lake is like 30 metres deep and the saying goes that they never recoverd the photographer's nose......:ghost:

Sometimes at night it's not a pleasent place to be, there are those climbing toys around a jogging route round the lake from which a few guys hang themselves to be found by people walking there dog in the morning. :ghost:

Vicious
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by beserker

We've got a recreational(???) forrest with a small lake here. And like 12 years ago a small plane with a photographer crashed into the lake in front of a lot of people including me and my sister,there where a lot of people waving at the photographer as he was waving down to alarm the people. He and the pilot died in the crash...the lake is like 30 metres deep and the saying goes that they never recoverd the photographer's nose......:ghost:

Sometimes at night it's not a pleasent place to be, there are those climbing toys around a jogging route round the lake from which a few guys hang themselves to be found by people walking there dog in the morning. :ghost:

Weird.........

dan da man
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by beserker

that is weird.:shock:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:16 PM
It the weirdest thing I've ever heard, I want more. Oh, there's no urban legends/myths around here.

Gadzoox
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:34 PM
Hey great thread!!

We've got a bunch here in Ottawa! I went on the 'Haunted Walk' downtown and found out a bunch of cool stories!

There's this one in the museum of Nature. In the main hallway if you look up you can see all the way up to the top floor because there is a hallway you can walk around with a railing on all the floors. Anyway, legend has it that a janitor once jumped off the top floor railing and suceeded his suicide; so now he can be seen late at night wandering the top floor hallway.... oooeeeooooo! (plus I had to spend the night there when I was a kid in Girl Guides!! Yeek!)

In the Chateau Laurier, a mega fancy hotel almost right beside the Parliament buildings in the heart of downtown Ottawa, there was supposedly a murder on the fifth floor.

Two friends stayed one night there, one on the fifth floor and one in the room directly below on the fourth. The fellow on the fourth floor was awakened by a very loud thud...thud...thud noise coming from above him in the middle of the night. He tried calling his friend on the telephone provided but he kept getting the busy signal. So he threw on his house-coat and ran down the hall to the stairwell.

Halfway up the stairwell he saw a mans figure in a brown tweed suit that looked to be from the thirties climbing up the stairs ahead of him and so he called out to the figure, with no reply. The figure opened the door to the fifth floor and closed it behind him. Right after the door was closed the fellow made it to the fifth floor and he swung open the door and he saw the figure disappear into his friends room.

He went to his friends room and his friend had heard nothing nor seen anything and was sitting in his pajamas with the lights on reading a book because he couldn't sleep. ooooeeeoooo!

I'll post more as I remember them! :happy:

Zone
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:43 PM
There's a myth here in Phoenix that if you walk the streets at night, you'll be found dead the next day.....

No wait, that's just a fact.

Redpyramidhead
Jan 27th, 2003, 03:23 AM
OK so a couple towns over there's the infamous cemetary known as Vale End in Wilton, NH. Now it's extremely well known for the tons of ghost sightings n weird happenings there in the past...all kinds of paranormal activity. A couple years ago a local news channel did a story on the place I dunno for like halloween or something. Well it created this huge buzz and all kinds of stupid teenagers and jerks started showin up all the time at night to look for ghosts but mostly just to get totally stoned and trip and cover the place in beer bottles so they had to close the cemetary and have patrols to keep people out. Anywayz...since all those people started showing up the paranormal activity almost completely dissappeared. Luckily, since they've been gone activity went back up again but supposedly nothing like before the news story and everything. The cops stopped patrolling and the cemetary was re-opened. Not many people go now, but a few friends and myself go at night to check it out. Actually, we take this sort of thing really seriously and my friend is kind of an amateur paranormal investigator sort of but mostly we just observe and are ghost watchers rather than hunters as some people call themselves. Anywayz....there's a million stories I could tell you about this place but here's one to start with:

Apparently, in the late 1700's to early 1800's there was this woman who was accused of being a witch. They took her to the site which later became te cemetary of Vale End and buried her alive there as punishment fo her "crimes against god." Her husband later remarried and somehow when that wife died (they say her health may have been cursed by the previous wife from beyond the grave so to speak) she ended up being buried right above where the previous woman had been buried alive as a horrible oversite. Anyways, it is said that both women haunt the cemetary, but the one who is seen most often is supposedly the woman who was buried alive and is knownd as the Blue Lady. They say it is because at certain times she can be seen hovering above the gravestone of the other woman as a blue figure. Sightings of this blue figure have become a lot less common. I have not seen her myself, but friends of mine have seen a grey female figure floating a few feet above ground or at ground level moving silently back and forth through the graveyard. At one time two of my friends were approached by this figure which caused them to run screaming to their car (yes they are girls but I can't promise that wouldn't cause me to scream, too :laugh: ) and almost drive off without my other friend who was more concerned about being left there.

_RED_ stuff

Piggle_humsy
Jan 27th, 2003, 05:54 AM
I love this thread! I am a big Ghost believer. :ghost:
I believe i have seen a few ghosts in my time! And my brother has seen one aswell (I must believe him as he doesnt believe in ghosts!) if you wanna know about those stories just ask!

Anyway my secondary school used to be an orphanage, way way back, and one day me and my friends were walking around the school after an Open evening (We had to show potential new kids round the school!) and passed the door that led up to the bell tower and it was open, it was normally padlocked up, so of course we decided to go up there and have a look! It was really eerie because it still had beds which had blankets and sheets on them. It was like something awful had happened and everything had been left as it was! Then as we turned to go back down i had this feeling like something walked through me,:shock: I felt like someone had punched me in my stomach so i just ran. My friends ran after me and i told them what happened and then a few weeks later we asked one of the teachers if he knew anything about the history of the school and he said about it being an orphanage and that the bell tower was were they put any sick children so that their desease wouldn't spread! I felt really freaked out! :shock:

God just telling you this now is making me feel all ooky! I'd sort of forgotten about it (Or put it away in my mind!)until i read this thread!

Well thats all!

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

Harry
Jan 27th, 2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Zone

There's a myth here in Phoenix that if you walk the streets at night, you'll be found dead the next day.....

Hehe Zone, this made me laugh my Orange Juice through my nose.
Btw, cool stories.

dan da man
Jan 27th, 2003, 03:23 PM

lol, that is a good one.

Zone
Jan 28th, 2003, 04:21 AM
It's true. This is a dangerous place to live. It's practically Liberty City, just without the ocean, and a lot more Mexicans. ;)

Harry
Jan 28th, 2003, 07:16 AM

It's true. This is a dangerous place to live. It's practically Liberty City, just without the ocean, and a lot more Mexicans. ;)

I can trust you... so after 6 p.m. in Phoenix you must stay locked into your house!