PDA

View Full Version : Ground Control to Major Tom...

Gadzoox
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:36 PM
[color=limegreen]Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you hear me, Major Tom?

http://vcl.ctrl-c.liu.se/vcl/Artists/Forrest/groundcontrol.jpg

i love Bowie. :happy:

kupoartist
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:52 PM
awesome! it even actually looks like Bowie :happy: was he gold in the video? can't remember exactly... but either way, it's easily an expression of your opinion of him ^_^... I like the detail on him, especialy the hair.

oh and that last statement of yours didn't really need to be said :laugh:

Edit: yup... those two pictures definatly look alike... its uncanny :P

Gadzoox
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:58 PM
Heh, don't think he was a dog either! ;)
Umm, actually this isn't from the music video; I've only ever seen a little bit of that video but it was cool!

This pose was actually from this photo of him (http://www.bowiewonderworld.com/images/photos/films/jp02.jpg) (I think it's a shot from a movie?)

Thanks for the comment!! :)

((image courtesy of www.bowiewonderworld.com))

ssjtrunks13
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:07 PM
The pic looks pretty good, but I never really liked that song.

dan da man
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:56 PM
they use that song on a commercial now, nice picture too.:)

Beretta55
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:47 PM
Awsome work gaddy *my god i gave her a nickname O_o* your work alway's wow's me keep it up;)

DSgamer
Jan 21st, 2003, 11:32 PM
awesome looking drawing gadzoox

btw, can I call u gaddy too o_O

Gadzoox
Jan 21st, 2003, 11:46 PM
A commercial?!?! For what?! Is it degrating to Bowie?! It better not bee!

Maybe your mom never liked that song too, eh?!? aHA i'M so EEBIL. (im kidding of course, I dont care whether you liked it or not! i"m always kidding unless its something i'm not kidding about. Riiight? :) )

YEE! Well I started calling you 'Frosty' long ago!
Yeah, anyone can call me whatever they like, as long as I know they are speaking to me it's alll good because otherwise I don't really care!! :)

Spanks for the comments!

DSgamer
Jan 21st, 2003, 11:54 PM
gaddy, can u draw a cow and a dog wearing glasses and tuxedos???? if u can, can u send it to my email??

[email protected]

Jolie
Jan 22nd, 2003, 08:46 AM
Nice pic, even if I don't know the song!

dan da man
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Gadzoox

A commercial?!?! For what?! Is it degrating to Bowie?! It better not bee!

well do u live in England?
if so i think that song is on the renualt car commercial, no its not dedicated to bowie they just used his song for the commercial.

Hylas
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:29 PM
That's absolutely lovely :D

Gadzoox
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:08 PM
I'll see what I can do gamer. What is it for? Hee, what a specific and odd request! :D

Naw I'm in Canada, as long as it's in Bowie's homeland!! :)

Jolie, go download it or something! ahhaa! I must educate the world about Bowie!! ;)

Thanks Hylas!! :happy:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:19 PM
Educate the world about Bowie, huh? I think my mom already did that for me(she's the reason I ever heard of this Labyrinth movie)

Gadzoox
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:55 PM
REALLY??!?!
I LOVE YOUR MOM!!!
ahahahaa! That sounds.. wrong.

mark0™
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:02 PM
That part of the Renault ad is kinda crap, lol, I loved the part right after the major tom spacey floaty scene, Who let the dogs out?? hehe, dogs can drive Renaults apparently and sing :)...

Great pic... Gaddy

ssjtrunks13
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:16 PM

REALLY??!?!
I LOVE YOUR MOM!!!
ahahahaa! That sounds.. wrong.

It doesn't if one knows what you meant.

dan da man
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by mark0

That part of the Renault ad is kinda crap, lol, I loved the part right after the major tom spacey floaty scene, Who let the dogs out?? hehe, dogs can drive Renaults apparently and sing :)...

Great pic... Gaddy

yes thats the advert, it is kinda of crap lol, dogs driving cars hmmm, mark0 i dont think the dogs sing they just bark.

Gadzoox
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:58 PM
Wait a sec... I think I've seen that one! Or at least the dogs part.. i remember dogs driving and barking to that song.

David
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:53 PM
That is awesome! Great work!

dan da man
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:30 AM

Wait a sec... I think I've seen that one! Or at least the dogs part.. i remember dogs driving and barking to that song.

yes that is the advert, u just missed the first bit when bowie sings.

Pu the Owl
Jan 26th, 2003, 10:44 AM
That's really good Gadzoox! There's somewhat a dreamy feeling in this pic, in general.

mark0™
Jan 26th, 2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

yes that is the advert, u just missed the first bit when bowie sings.

What you talkin about?, its a family floating in space in a renault singing the song.

Sorry im off topic

Piggle_humsy
Feb 4th, 2003, 07:59 AM
WOW! That's really good, it does look like the picture! lol! How weird that you can change something so much and have it still look like him!

Can I just ask you why you draw wolves/dog type things all the time? I dont mean that horribly or anything it's just i've looked at alot of your pics and they seem to mostly be of that type. Is it because you enjoy drawing them more than anything else? I was just Curious!

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

Gadzoox
Feb 4th, 2003, 07:50 PM
Mwee! Thanks!!

I draw them because I can only draw human bodies and animals; so I stuck 'em together and voila! Hehee... Actually it's a whole genre of art called 'furry' or 'were' art, which was kinda neat to discover when I started with 'em!!

The thing that really got me started on them was when I was a kid I was obsessed with horses and drew em al the time, and then when I got older and into my teens I got into werewolves, then found the furry and were art which fit me perfectly! :happy:

There is nothing wrong with questions you know!! :D

ssjtrunks13
Feb 6th, 2003, 01:01 PM
The only thing that's wrong it the angry seeming answers you might get.

Gadzoox
Feb 7th, 2003, 01:19 PM
...did I seem angry just then? :< Wasn't meant to be.

Unless you are referring to another instance...
I HATE the internet for that very reason, that you can't convey emotions through voice tone or body language and it's hard to determine if someone is being sarcastic, funny, serious, sad, and whatnot. :/

Soul Angel
Feb 7th, 2003, 06:00 PM
Great job Gadzoox!
Its really nicely drawn and I like the colours you've used.
Keep up the good work :)

ssjtrunks13
Feb 10th, 2003, 12:55 PM

...did I seem angry just then? :< Wasn't meant to be.

Unless you are referring to another instance...
I HATE the internet for that very reason, that you can't convey emotions through voice tone or body language and it's hard to determine if someone is being sarcastic, funny, serious, sad, and whatnot. :/

That's very true. I read my last post here again and come to think of it, what I said doesn't make much sense as it did when I wrote it.:laugh: