PDA

View Full Version : Kung-fu classics

Berserker
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:55 AM
I'm recently starting to update my kung-fu movie collection since I can now play dvd's on my station. I've bought the Once upon a time in china box wich is kick-ass. And I know most Jet-Li and Chow-Yun Fat movies rule supreme, but anyone got any suggestions what to look out for more underground titles wise. I'm more into the fantasy style with all the fighting styles and shit, than the humorstyle of mr.Chang(although drunkenmaster 1 and 2 kick ass)

ssjtrunks13
Jan 21st, 2003, 09:53 AM
I don't know if this is what you are looking for but The One was really good!

mark0™
Jan 21st, 2003, 01:24 PM
Theres a Drunken Master 2???:shock:

Drunken Master one R0Xx3r5

dan da man
Jan 21st, 2003, 01:57 PM
if u want kung fu "BRUCE LEE" is the man, i reccomend "enter the dragon" and may other titles by him.

kupoartist
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by dan da man
if u want kung fu "BRUCE LEE" is the man, i reccomend "enter the dragon"
and a truely cool movie that is... hell, I swear theres even a guy in that movie who shares the same name as my Geology Teacher. Now that's coolness :laugh: ...

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:10 PM
I saw 2 Jet Li movies sometime ago, The Legend 2 and Red Dragon, those kicked a lot of ass. Yeah I prefer Jet Li over Jackie but the Drunken Boxing style is so great! Oh yeah and there's another Jet Li movie which is like somethin of a hero or some title, I can't remember but he fights a japanese general named General Vegita which is a great movie, if anyone can help me out with the title that'd be greatly appreciated...

BTW great choice with the Once Upon a Time in China picks, great movies, I never saw the first though, how's that?

Beretta55
Jan 21st, 2003, 08:26 PM
Romeo must die was a really cool movie. it's not that old but hey seeing jet li kick ass is alway's neat;)

Gadzoox
Jan 21st, 2003, 11:49 PM
Yeah those and 'the Labyrinth', really crazy kung-fu stunts in that one! A must see for any kung-fu enthusist!

ZeroBeat77
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:11 AM
aye people, it's all bout kung pow. off topic but hella funny kung fu!

Berserker
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:57 AM
Thanx guys, yo sword 4 hire part 1 of the once upon a time in china is truly great, you've got a scene between Wong Fei Yung and master Yim(???). with ladders(is that correct in english??) wich you've got to see to believe.Throughout the fight the use all the cool kung fu styles like shadowless kick, tiger style, iron fist etc. The movie you where talking about with Jet Li, the only thing that comes to mind is Last hero in China.There's another movie with hero in the title but it isn't with Jet Li...It's called A man called hero and it's an awesome flick it's a little low on action but the action that's in there is unbelievable(the last scene with the fight on the statue of liberty...).
I see there are a few kung fu enthousiasts here you've all got to check out Chow Yung Fat's movies there also awesome. And MarkO Drunken master 2 is(if possible..) even better than 1 . And of course Bruce Lee is a true master!!!!

mark0™
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:13 AM
I'll need to look out for Drunken Master 2 then. But other than that I've not seen much Kung Fu movies.

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 22nd, 2003, 03:26 PM
Ah yes, that is the Jet Li movie, and yes I've seen a man called hero, thats the first kung fu movie I've seen that relied more on virtual effects then anything else, it was awesome! Do you like Legend of Iron Monkey? That movie was pretty good, it was hilarious when the governor or some other dude started throwing his wives at the iron monkey...I think that's how it went, its been awhile since I saw it...

Berserker
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:54 AM
Yeah Iron monkey I loved that movie, the scene with the wive-thrower is hilarious! And the end fight with the evil master with the sleeves that hit like a ten ton hammer and the fight on the burning poles! It's another true classic...

ssjtrunks13
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:55 AM
It's nice to know about all these movies but what about the people who would like to see the movie?(though I don't really care)

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Gadzoox

Yeah those and 'the Labyrinth', really crazy kung-fu stunts in that one! A must see for any kung-fu enthusist!

Are we thinking about the same "The Labyrinth," the one with David Bowie?

ssjtrunks13
Jan 23rd, 2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy

Are we thinking about the same "The Labyrinth," the one with David Bowie?

I'd like to know too. If it is I think Gadzoox just said that because she loves the movie so much.

Gadzoox
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:28 PM
Hee... I was wondering when someone would notice!
Yes, that's the one I was speaking of, I figured those Goblins were pretty limbre and kung-fu-ish. Heehe. :happy:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:03 PM
You're really crazy Gadzoox, but I guess you already knew that.:laugh:

Gadzoox
Jan 23rd, 2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

You're really crazy Gadzoox, but I guess you already knew that.:laugh:

Why, thank you!! :happy:

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Gadzoox

Hee... I was wondering when someone would notice!
Yes, that's the one I was speaking of, I figured those Goblins were pretty limbre and kung-fu-ish. Heehe. :happy:

Hahaha...that's like the craziest movie ever. David Bowie is a crazy guy...those little characters in it were cool, though.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 23rd, 2003, 09:27 PM
The freakiest part in the movie is the beginning right before the girl was sent to that labyrinth place and what about that song, it's the craziest one I ever heard.

Back on topic: What about "The One", no one has talked about it.

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 24th, 2003, 03:30 PM
Y'know the One was probably the best American made kung-fu movie I've seen. American kung-fu movies usually deal more with dialogue and plot rather than fighting...which really sucks, that's why I prefer older Chinese made flicks

ssjtrunks13
Jan 24th, 2003, 04:28 PM
The end was the best part, IMO.

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 24th, 2003, 05:32 PM
The end should always be the best part in any kung-fu movie