PDA

View Full Version : most rare game/s that u own

DSgamer
Jan 19th, 2003, 03:28 PM
mine r ff1, and megaman 1

which r urs??

Infernal Mass
Jan 19th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Night Trap for sega cd (without the ESRB rating)

they repackaged Nighttrap with the rating on the box when the esrb was established. I bought a bunch of games and the system from my cousin a few years back.

dan da man
Jan 19th, 2003, 06:04 PM
batman 1-nes
pacman-nes
mario bros-nes

DSgamer
Jan 19th, 2003, 06:53 PM
digi man, thats amazing

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 19th, 2003, 07:42 PM
Rock n' Roll Racing for the genesis.

MakgSnake
Jan 19th, 2003, 07:53 PM
Metal Gear on Nintendo. Got it for $75 (Canadian) from Micro-Play.

Spank-A-Thon
Jan 19th, 2003, 07:57 PM
I dunno about in the US or Japan, but in the UK the following are definitely rare cos they were never released!

Final Fantasy: Tactics, Einhander, Chrono Cross and Xenogears.

Other than those I don't have any rare games as such.

- S

Nelo Angelo
Jan 19th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Xenogears
Valkyrie Profile
Castlevania:SOTN

I'm not sure really........But I know VP and Xenogears is rare. :o

trunks69420
Jan 19th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Metal Gear on Nintendo. Got it for $75 (Canadian) from Micro-Play.

WOW!! I got mine for $5 american @ some locally owned Vid. Game store. I guess he didn't know what he had. But therein lies the paradox, Games like this are *cues mastercard commercial* Priceless.:laugh:

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 19th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Metal Gear for NES isn't rare. Sorry to break it to ya'...

Chrono Trigger for SNES. I would assume that's my most rare...but I don't really feel like opening up all my games.

Zone
Jan 19th, 2003, 10:49 PM
Xenogears, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and Revelations: Persona.

Persona is probably the rarist.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 20th, 2003, 01:02 AM
I wouldn't know if I had any rare games.
I've got a bunch of NES games and two are: Castlevania: Simon's Quest and Tetris 2.

Chara
Jan 20th, 2003, 01:51 AM
I dunno if these games are considered rare but F-22 for the Genesis and Shenmue II for the Dreamcast (I guess its rare since I live in the US and the game was never released here on the DC).

Beretta55
Jan 20th, 2003, 08:34 AM
I dont think i own any rare game's to be honest. not unless some old dreamcast game's count *soul caliber,power stone 1 and 2 etc* i dont really know a rare game when i see one i just see it as...a game O_o

mark0™
Jan 20th, 2003, 10:27 AM
I think Final Fantasy Anthology can be considered rare in the UK, did it ever get released in the UK?

dan da man
Jan 20th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by mark0

I think Final Fantasy Anthology can be considered rare in the UK, did it ever get released in the UK?

i dont thik it did, but im not totally sure.

tha16thletter
Jan 20th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Nelo Angelo

Xenogears
Valkyrie Profile
Castlevania:SOTN

Exactly the same :shock:
[]D

DSgamer
Jan 20th, 2003, 01:26 PM
i forgot, i also have a game called suikoden has any1 played it?

kupoartist
Jan 20th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Final Fantasy Anthology European Edition was released around May last year - it contained FF4 and FF5. FF6 was released for a nice £10 with the FF10 demo in March time, so technically its not rare. Unless you count a Bonus CD with some ill-chosen music as the best thing ever (my friend doesn't. My friend likes colour manuals :P )

as for me... I'd count System Shock II as fairly rare as few have played it... also Albion and Archimedean Dynasty are somewhere in my collection, and very few have even heard of them (in the case of the later, it was the prequel to the oh-so bad "Aquanox")

and I suppose Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine isn't the best known game in the world either, but then there is a reason for that (its not a good game :P ) ah well... at least it completes my Mega-Drive (Genesis) Sonic collection :happy:

jjmoohead
Jan 20th, 2003, 02:29 PM
I have a Intellivson game console with about 45 games, 75% of which have a there original boxes. Simular sets are on e-bay for about $600 to $1000. The greatest part is that my console still works without any flaws and I still play it today on occasion. I'm sure i could sell it for at least $1000 but I would rather add to my collection then get rid of it.

mark0™
Jan 20th, 2003, 02:34 PM
the_artist, I got the US one so yeah, I got the bonus Music CD (although i've never even listened to it, I really don't care for it)and it was FF5 and FF6 im sure, might be 4 and 5, cant remember lol.

But other than there no rare games for me :(

kupoartist
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:17 PM
the US version is indeed FF5 + 6 - I personally think that they did the releases in this order because they didn't want to give us the proper FF chronicles - FF4 and Chrono Trigger.

mark0™
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Can we buy Chrono Trigger in the UK? I've heard some good things and i'd like to buy it.

kupoartist
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:14 PM
Can we buy Chrono Trigger in the UK? I've heard some good things and i'd like to buy it.
not by means other than trying to import the PSX version in FF Chronicles (perhaps a good option for you, as you presumeably lack FF4 as well)... As for a PAL version on the SNES... I don't know if it even exists. Though judging from the utter refusal by Square-Europe to release Chrono Cross or Trigger for the PSX, I'd say that it doesn't (ie. they won't release the PSX titles because "there is no brand familiarity" - excuse number 49 from the SE book of moronic driblings)

erm... so see if you can import either the NTSC PSX or SNES versions from the US, or try E-Bay. Or Em--- no wait. thats naughty :laugh:

Daniel Legge
Jan 20th, 2003, 04:26 PM
I wud say probably the simpsons for the amega 500.

DragonSphere
Jan 20th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Out of my entire game collection, I'd say my most rare would be the first Alone in the Dark or Battle Arena Toshinden on the PS1. Unfortunately, it doesn't get any older than that. :P

Although, I did at one time had an old Sega Master System with like 2 games, but it was broken and thus useless.

mark0™
Jan 20th, 2003, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the info artist, appreciate it :)

Maybe I'll try to get a SNES Emulator and try to get some ROMS but im not really dying to get it y'know, would just be a nice contribution to my collection. :)

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 20th, 2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by gamer

i forgot, i also have a game called suikoden has any1 played it?

Umm...yea, it's only the greatest RPG ever produced. I have it, too :D

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 20th, 2003, 08:40 PM
My friend has Suikoden 3, and he says it's amazing. I'm waiting for the XBox version in the hopes that it might have some extra features or something...:peoples:

Fox
Jan 20th, 2003, 10:43 PM
chrono trigger. sealed.

ZeroBeat77
Jan 21st, 2003, 12:17 AM
hmm........ i'd say sonic 1 & 2 for sega genesis.

MakgSnake
Jan 21st, 2003, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy

Metal Gear for NES isn't rare. Sorry to break it to ya'...

Yeah, and almost every single store has 46 copies, and as they are sold out, its shipped every other day. I totally forgot, thanks for re-minding.

And trunks, you are one lucky human being man. Thats a crazy price on a "priceless product"....

Zone
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:19 AM
I forgot about another one that's probably rare (I don't see it for sale anywhere).

Lunar: SSSC, one of the best RPGs ever.

Berserker
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:48 AM
I've got the jaguar console by atari with a strange flying game and a kick ass gangstergame, don't remember the name where you controle the gangsters like a rpg. Plus a lot of old atari shit like pacman,pitfall,beachgames and summer-olympics.

kupoartist
Jan 21st, 2003, 03:57 PM
I suppose my Master System might count as well... So I've got Sonic 1 and 2, Cool Spot, Jungle Book (ugh :( ) and Alex Kidd in Miracle World (yay!)

and for the hell of it, my Mega Drive Collection is: Sonic 1-3, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic 3D, Sonic Spinball, Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Dynamite Headdy (yay!) and Theme Park.

hey.... I'm sure all those Sonic Games are worth somthing... oh no, wait a minute. Some idiot has put badly drawn pictures of the main characters on the inside of the S&K packaging.

Oh... they're mine.

:laugh:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:05 PM
For some reason I've got the Disney's Jungle Book video game for SNES. I also have Super Ghouls and Ghosts and Super R-Type(don't know if they're rare or not)

kupoartist
Jan 21st, 2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13
For some reason I've got the Disney's Jungle Book video game for SNES. I also have Super Ghouls and Ghosts and Super R-Type(don't know if they're rare or not)
the trouble is... a million and one games could be declared as rare simply because people were sensible enough not to buy them... It's probably best to keep it to the best... so thats probably not the Jungle Book then :laugh:

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 21st, 2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Yeah, and almost every single store has 46 copies, and as they are sold out, its shipped every other day. I totally forgot, thanks for re-minding.

And trunks, you are one lucky human being man. Thats a crazy price on a "priceless product"....

I got my copy for like 5 bucks also...

And what do you mean "it shipped every other day?"

DSgamer
Jan 21st, 2003, 11:24 PM
sarcasm dude

Vicious
Jan 22nd, 2003, 11:06 AM
I dont really have any rare games because my first system was the Game Boy. By the way, do u guys buy games knowing that they are rare, or because they're fun and then later u find out that they're rare.

dan da man
Jan 22nd, 2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Knight

I dont really have any rare games because my first system was the Game Boy. By the way, do u guys buy games knowing that they are rare, or because they're fun and then later u find out that they're rare.

well i bought all mine games for fun, but in a couple of years i will begin to collect video games. what the hell i do now:laugh:

dan da man
Jan 22nd, 2003, 02:14 PM
goodman do u mean saturn or sega saturn?

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 22nd, 2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by gamer

sarcasm dude

I couldn't tell if it was sarcasm or not because what he/she said didn't make any sense...

Thanks gamer :D

dan da man
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:05 PM
oh.... goodman i was just suprised that you spent that amount of money on a sega saturn with games, but it sound like a good invesment too me.

DSgamer
Jan 22nd, 2003, 06:31 PM

I couldn't tell if it was sarcasm or not because what he/she said didn't make any sense...

Thanks gamer :D

no prob dude

MakgSnake
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:28 PM

If it didn't how come gamer understood what it was. Oh well...........

DSgamer
Jan 22nd, 2003, 10:52 PM
dude, probably 'cause im a master at sarcasm, i am very sarcastick to my bro and my dad lol

Piggle_humsy
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:01 AM
I have Bubble Bobble and Bust-A-Move.
I dont think they are rare or anything just old games.
But they were really hard to get hold of and i had to buy them from a used game shop coz there wasn't anywhere that sold them as new!

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

dan da man
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:36 AM
bust-a-move that is not rare.

thx for the link Goodman.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 23rd, 2003, 11:52 AM
Bust-a-move may not be, but we still don't know about Bubble Bobble. I have it too.

Piggle_humsy
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:17 PM
I said they were old! And hard to get hold of! Bust-A-Move was hard to get hold of in my area!
OK!!!! back off man!
I was only sayin!!!!

:laugh:

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

dan da man
Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Piggle_humsy

OK!!!! back off man!
I was only sayin!!!!

back off! what the hell did i do, all i said the game isnt rare what can be so bad about that?:peoples:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

back off! what the hell did i do, all i said the game isnt rare what can be so bad about that?:peoples:

I'm confused about that too. I knew you said it in a nice way.