PDA

View Full Version : Graphics

ZeroBeat77
Jan 18th, 2003, 02:17 AM
what kind of graphics to u prefer (spl?), cell shaded, real, or arcadey? i prefer cell shaded (Jet Set Radio Future!).

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 18th, 2003, 03:21 AM
personally I like just about any sort of graphics... IMO except Cell-shaded.. I dont know it just doesnt appease my eyes! But the thing is I can tolerate them, because graphics arent what the game is all about and its not what really matters most about a game...

kupoartist
Jan 18th, 2003, 06:07 AM
erm... what are Unreal Warfare games called... (because "I like good graphics" sounds a little dumb)... I guess the games made with that engine (UT2003, Unreal 2, Splinter Cell) have a sort of Cartoonish edge in a way... Not sure, but they're "realistic" anyways...

dan da man
Jan 18th, 2003, 07:59 AM
really i dont like cel-shading but looks like i going to have to live with because im getting zelda for gamcube.
personally i like real graphics amd arcade for example meta gear solid, halo, gta vc and unreal tourny. i do like really good graphics but i dont mind not so good either.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 18th, 2003, 11:03 AM
Yea, those games have *real* graphics. Cel-shading isn't *real* at all.

I like graphics from the 16-bit era...I know that wasn't an answer, but they looked so cool :D

ssjtrunks13
Jan 18th, 2003, 01:15 PM
I don't really care but if I had to go with something maybe this thing you call "real" graphics.(whatever that is)

Nelo Angelo
Jan 18th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Don't care............

DSgamer
Jan 18th, 2003, 02:44 PM
i doesn't matter what it looks like, as long as it looks like it belongs there

Chara
Jan 18th, 2003, 02:52 PM
I dont care... As long as if everythign doesnt look like it was made out of 3 polygons...

DSgamer
Jan 18th, 2003, 07:37 PM
word

David
Jan 18th, 2003, 07:42 PM
That is a toughie, I guess it would be..., 3D artwork from a computer, oh wait, I like Grandia 1, and that's sort of 2D... I guess it would be, anything.

0===(====================>

To be forgotten is worse than death...

Daedaelus
Jan 18th, 2003, 08:28 PM
ZOE2 is the perfect example of the kind of graphics I like in a game. "Real" character models and maps, combined with cel-shaded explosion effects. HEAVEN!

Gadzoox
Jan 18th, 2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Nelo Angelo

Don't care............

Amen sistah!
Wait... are talking about game graphics or art?

Daedaelus
Jan 18th, 2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Gadzoox

Amen sistah!

Sistah? Angelo's a guy :confused:

Nelo Angelo
Jan 18th, 2003, 08:49 PM

Amen sistah!

O_o

That comment scares me.

MakgSnake
Jan 18th, 2003, 09:46 PM
I love graphics... period. But Real Time is more appealing as its the next level when it comes to Graphics. Rendered may look Super Realistic, but its too still. I like Cel-Shaded graphics too. They are cool. I mean Sly Cooper is simply amazing to look at.

They should really make CARTOON games with Cel-Shading.
There is a game coming XIII (FPS, but Cel Shaded. Hmmm..

DragonSphere
Jan 19th, 2003, 03:18 AM
I guess it just depends on the type of game that it is being used in. As long as the graphics suits the gameplay and overall theme, then it's fine by me.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 19th, 2003, 02:07 PM
I've heard a lot about Cel-shaded graphics, but I still don't know exactly what it is maybe someone could enlighten me.

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 19th, 2003, 11:14 PM
The new Zelda (sucky cel-shading) and Jet Set Radio Future (beautiful cel-shading).

Gadzoox
Jan 19th, 2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Iguana

Sistah? Angelo's a guy :confused:

LOL, I know!! I say that in 'real life' to my guy friends 'cuz I think it's funny... Don't you think so too?!?! hehehee!

Beretta55
Jan 19th, 2003, 11:46 PM

LOL, I know!! I say that in 'real life' to my guy friends 'cuz I think it's funny... Don't you think so too?!?! hehehee!
do they find it disturbing by any chance?:laugh: i say hello guuuuuuuuuy to all my friend's O_o
but i dont really care which graphic's are as long as they suit the game. dosent really matter i play for gameplay.

Gadzoox
Jan 20th, 2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Frostman445

do they find it disturbing by any chance?:laugh:

Actually they do too! I guess that's a subtle hint to stop saying it then, eh? Tough noogies!

When Dark Cloud2 comes out I will reply to this thread in a useful manner. ;)

dan da man
Jan 20th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Suzuki_Fanboy

The new Zelda (sucky cel-shading) and Jet Set Radio Future (beautiful cel-shading).

i agree, Jet Set Radio Future has the best cel-shading i have seen in a game yet.

Nelo Angelo
Jan 20th, 2003, 07:24 PM

I think Zelda has nice cel-shading.

*shoots Suzuki with M16*

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 20th, 2003, 07:58 PM
*Laughs at Nelo because he does not realize that the bullets from his M16 cannot puncture the thick armor of the RX78-02 that I happen to be piloting, then proceeds to shoot him with my dual vulcan cannons*

Nelo Angelo
Jan 20th, 2003, 07:59 PM

*Laughs at Nelo because he does not realize that the bullets from his M16 cannot puncture the thick armor of the RX78-02 that I happen to be piloting, then proceeds to shoot him with my dual vulcan cannons*

Why are you daydreaming eh? O_o

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 20th, 2003, 08:42 PM
No, I really pilot a Gundam...My name is Amur...

Darn. I am daydreaming :heh:

ZeroBeat77
Jan 21st, 2003, 12:14 AM
i noticed most cel-shading games aren't to good graphics, JSRF is the top 1 so far. i still like cel-shading graphics so far.

Vicious
Jan 21st, 2003, 07:59 AM
I like real graphics.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 21st, 2003, 10:07 AM
There's an Inuyasha PS2 fighting game with cel-shading that looks pretty good to me.