PDA

View Full Version : OK didnt know where to post this so...

ToxicUK
Jan 16th, 2003, 01:48 PM
GREAT NEWS FOR OSME PEOPLE IN THE UK!!!

Playstation 2 manufacturers have released a hard drive with an ethernet adaptor, mouse, keyboard and linux for ps2 v1.0.

Below is the article posed on tyhe official playstation website...

QUOTE:

Linux (for PlayStation 2) - available 22nd May 2002

The Linux kit offers programmers and Linux fans everything they need to install a complete Linux distribution on PlayStation 2, including all you need to try your hand at programming the PlayStation 2 yourself. If you wish, Linux even allows you to use your PS2 as a desktop computer. Offering you a truly dual purpose environment, Linux installation does not interfere with your enjoyment of playing games on your PS2 - simply shut Linux down, insert a game and press the reset button to return to your gaming (the Linux kit can be configured for use with televisions).

To fully understand the capabilities the Linux kit can offer you, visit the official community website at www.playstation2-linux.com, where you will find Frequently Asked Questions and active discussion forums. To really get the most out of the kit, we recommend a good familiarity with the Linux operating system; the manual provided covers installation only, so as with any Linux installation, you will also need to know how to configure system settings and compile applications from source.

Remember that Linux is a system intended for use by programmers and Linux hobbyists, and will not make PS2 games run faster. Furthermore, the HDD is not supported for use with PS2 games. The monitor cable adapter is designed for use exclusively with the PS2, and is not compatible with PS one or PlayStation consoles.

KEY FEATURES OF THE KIT

40GB internal hard disc drive (for PlayStation 2)
10/100MB Network adaptor (Ethernet) (for PlayStation 2)
USB Keyboard and Mouse (for PlayStation 2) (Mouse chains through keyboard)
VGA monitor cable (for PlayStation 2) (with Audio Connectors)
Linux (for PlayStation 2) version 1.0 software

REQUIREMENTS

Monitor with sync-on-green capability
PlayStation® 2
Memory card (8MB) (for PlayStation® 2) for use exclusively with Linux

I cant wait until they release it. For more information on pricing head for either of these two web addresses:

1 - Linux Play (http://www.linuxplay.com)
2 - PS2 Linux (http://www.playstation2-linux.com)

Hope you have a good time. Plus it can be delivered to any EU country. I cant wait!

PS - Im real sorry if i copied thei nfo and it shouldnt be here ill remove it if u want...;)

ME: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

dan da man
Jan 16th, 2003, 02:56 PM
yes it sounds great, but how much is this all gonna cost?:peoples:

mark0™
Jan 16th, 2003, 04:03 PM
Sounds just like that Net Yaroze or whatever the name of that programme that camer with the Demo Disk is called, plus a hard drive.

Doesn't seem all that great though :(

ToxicUK
Jan 20th, 2003, 01:35 PM
It'll cost about 200 quid on release - for euros check the website. But thats not bad for what you get - what do you think?:ghost: