PDA

View Full Version : emails!

dan da man
Jan 15th, 2003, 08:09 AM
every time i post a message, or some one reply to mine i get a email, so at the end of the day i have about 300 emails or even more, is there a way i can switch it off?

Beretta55
Jan 15th, 2003, 08:12 AM
I can help you with this. go to user cp into user option's. go down till you see something that say's use "email notification" by defalut. you must have it on right now everytime somebody replie's to a topic you get a email. then switch it off and your emailbox will be freed from it.
*feel's proud that he helped somebody*:D

dan da man
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:34 AM
thanks frostman, ive been getting emails for 2 months now non-stop, now i have switched, i wont get them anymore yay! thx:)

ToxicUK
Jan 15th, 2003, 02:00 PM
Another way to do it is set up a junk mail filter like i have for ages. Thx for the tip i dont need the junk folder now...:laugh:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:11 PM
I still need mine because when I signed on to hotmail I had said yes I wanted stuff from their sponsors. Then it got to the point that they were taking up toomuch space now I can't seem to get them to stop and that's why I have one. Maybe someone can tell me how. I forgot I already tried clicking on the remove me from mail list and they still keep coming.

dan da man
Jan 17th, 2003, 09:29 AM
hey frostman, i did what u said to do but the emails are still coming! i dont know why?:peoples:

Beretta55
Jan 17th, 2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by dan da man

hey frostman, i did what u said to do but the emails are still coming! i dont know why?:peoples:
it's the devil's curse i say! the devil!!.....jk jk:laugh: but seriously man im scratching my head on this one.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 17th, 2003, 04:02 PM
Why don't you try ToxicUK's suggestion.

dan da man
Jan 18th, 2003, 07:52 AM
trunks i could get a email junk filter, but then again i thought there would be a way to trun the email report thing off!

kupoartist
Jan 18th, 2003, 04:23 PM
I'm not sure, but the change you made in your CP may only come into effect for the times you post after selecting no: The notifications for the Threads you replyed to when it was on will probably remain. If this is the case, unsubscribe to all the threads via the control panel (select about "5 days" in the "show threads" box to get all the ones people are likelt to reply to) by clicking the "unsubscribe" link below each thread title.

dan da man
Mar 9th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Just to tell you guys I sorted the problem:happy:
Thanks for all your help.

Sword 4 Hire
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:52 PM
Maybe if you didn't post 300 a day and maybe went outside and breathed in some fresh air your problem wouldnt be so huge

...just a thought

dan da man
Mar 10th, 2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire

Maybe if you didn't post 300 a day and maybe went outside and breathed in some fresh air your problem wouldnt be so huge

...just a thought

:laugh: good thought, but that was'nt the problem.

Berserker
Mar 11th, 2003, 02:15 AM
Yo trunks, try the option in hotmail where you can block certain sources of email, don't know if it works on their own sponsors but you can give it a try.