PDA

View Full Version : platinum gamecube

dan da man
Jan 14th, 2003, 06:06 PM
i dont think this is out in the uk, so i would realy be greatful if some would put a pic up of it.
because ive only seen purple and black.

Daedaelus
Jan 14th, 2003, 10:23 PM
Here's a few pics for ya :)

http://images.pricegrabber.com/product_images/608000-608999/608184_125.jpg

http://www.buyritegames.com/images/item_full/GC-SYSPUSA.jpg

http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/020206b.jpg

Oh and here is the Orange GameCube, just in case you want one of those too ;)

http://www.buyritegames.com/images/item_full/GCJ-SYSORA.jpg

DSgamer
Jan 14th, 2003, 11:04 PM
that looks sweet

dan da man
Jan 15th, 2003, 07:31 AM
whoa! they are cool, are they coming out in the uk?

KraftSLU
Jan 15th, 2003, 09:38 AM
Got me, my little brother (who is 19) got the platinum cube, so I had to make fun of him for a while telling him he is the envy of every 12 year old in the city :laugh:

MakgSnake
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by KraftSLU

Got me, my little brother (who is 19) got the platinum cube, so I had to make fun of him for a while telling him he is the envy of every 12 year old in the city :laugh:
I dont get it, what does that mean?

dan da man
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I dont get it, what does that mean?

i think he meant the gamecube is for kids, i dont think it is at all.

MakgSnake
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by dan da man

i think he meant the gamecube is for kids, i dont think it is at all.
Yeah I figured that out, but he could have been more specific in why he actually said that. Its a stupid thing to say. Typical Xbox Fanboy. Its disgusting.

dan da man
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:24 AM

Yeah I figured that out, but he could have been more specific in why he actually said that. Its a stupid thing to say. Typical Xbox Fanboy. Its disgusting.

lol, i agree, why is it childish, just because it looks cute, has games that can be played by young ppl well and every other console, IMO the gamecube has more adult, scary games than the xbox.

KraftSLU
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Holy crapmonkeys! Can a guy not make a joke? Yes, an Xbox fanboy with... one two three four... 12 different gaming systems around my TV. Yeah, I think that qualifies me as a fanboy, because they are all made by MS. Wait, nevermind, just one of them is, but hell, who could blame me for being confused, after all, 12 does have a 1 in it and I am just a dumb fanboy :disturb:

Honestly, you need to get off your high horses and learn to take a joke.

dan da man
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:37 AM
yea i took it as a joke, its just usual xbox fanboys take it to the extreme, nice to see your not one of them kraft who dont do that.

KraftSLU
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:39 AM
Yeah, it is still kind of upsetting that I have to point it out though. I like to think I don't bring a lot of fanboyism to the boards and I hope my past 200 some odd posts prove that. Just rubs me the wrong way when someone says that to me.

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 15th, 2003, 06:33 PM
C'mon guys, Kraft's been here for awhile...we shouldn't be categorizing him as some xbox fanboy cause thats really quite harsh, and we obviously know that he isn't...

Anyway I got the Platinum Cube, I prefer it much more over the purple...

KraftSLU
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:22 PM
The one thing I do like about my brother's platinum cube is he has the platinum GBA to match... I'd have to get the purple cube to match my Glacier GBA, and I don't want a purple game system. Not my style ;)

MakgSnake
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by KraftSLU

Holy crapmonkeys! Can a guy not make a joke? Yes, an Xbox fanboy with... one two three four... 12 different gaming systems around my TV. Yeah, I think that qualifies me as a fanboy, because they are all made by MS. Wait, nevermind, just one of them is, but hell, who could blame me for being confused, after all, 12 does have a 1 in it and I am just a dumb fanboy :disturb:

Honestly, you need to get off your high horses and learn to take a joke.
It didn't alarm me that you were joking, neither did you wrote (j/k) or anything. How am I suppose to know you are joking or not.

Most of the people make these statement all the time on GameCube, that its a kiddie system. and MOST of these people are those who own an Xbox. And as seeing your Banner, "Xbox Addict" and all..... you sounded just like how a normal Xbox "FANBOY" sounds. Thats what I said what I did. These "statement" are too common, to take it as a joke. I wouldn't know. Simple.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 16th, 2003, 04:58 PM
I had no idea he was kidding either. It's cool that NINTENDO made a Platinum GameCube I hope it isn't limited because then when I get the money I could buy one to match my GBA Platinum.

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 16th, 2003, 05:17 PM

It didn't alarm me that you were joking, neither did you wrote (j/k) or anything. How am I suppose to know you are joking or not.

Most of the people make these statement all the time on GameCube, that its a kiddie system. and MOST of these people are those who own an Xbox. And as seeing your Banner, "Xbox Addict" and all..... you sounded just like how a normal Xbox "FANBOY" sounds. Thats what I said what I did. These "statement" are too common, to take it as a joke. I wouldn't know. Simple.

I would've thought the same thing if it was some newbie...but when in his 200 past posts has he shown signs of being just another fanboy...its not like we don't know kraft, he's a senior member for heavens sake so it isn't fair to be labeling him for one joke...and yes I took it as one...

Sorry to throw myself into this one but I felt I needed to get that off my chest...everyone needs to calm down

KraftSLU
Jan 16th, 2003, 07:16 PM
hehe, sorry about all of the confusion, I seroiusly didn't mean to totally derail this thread. I shall try in the future to add a j/k to some of my jokes. I thought the laughing smilie covered it, :laugh: but I can see where the confusion comes from. Anyways, I'm going back to my metroid fusion.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 16th, 2003, 07:21 PM
I don't think you derailed this thread. It happens to everyone.

MakgSnake
Jan 16th, 2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire

I would've thought the same thing if it was some newbie...but when in his 200 past posts has he shown signs of being just another fanboy...its not like we don't know kraft
Yeah for his 200 posts, Ive know him for ages and he is my best friend and I know when he jokes and he doesn't. All that cause he has 200 post. Explains it well. So I must be member's father or mother like, according to my Number posts. They know me the most I suppose, after SSSnake ofcourse. And like I said, its not like its the first time I was hearing it on the internet or from a person. These statements on GC are made everyday. Thats why I AS WELL couldn't take it anymore. Kraft later has now explained it was....... so its cool. I understand..... but these are forums...... we dont even hear each other, to know if the person is JOKING/ being Sarcastic or being REAL.

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 17th, 2003, 09:34 PM
Quite true...but the term XBOX fanboy is not something to be taken lightly...I as any other gamer would take offense to that comment, I was just stating that when in his 200 past posts has he shown his fanboy image...I can't think of one instance...

Sorry to drag this on, carry on with your topic...

trunks69420
Jan 19th, 2003, 03:22 PM
I love my Platinum GC. I just wish i couldve gotten an extra plat. controller w/ it. So I went for the spliced controller instead, Purple w/ translucent White.