PDA

View Full Version : Favorite online PC game

Vicious
Jan 14th, 2003, 03:32 PM
My favorite PC games to play online are Delta Force:Black Hawk Down, Tribes 2, Empire Earth, Half Life: Team Fortress Classic, and Half Life: Counter Strike.:ghost:

ToxicUK
Jan 14th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Even though i am still appalled at microsofts bashing to the gaming community against PS2 Midtown Madness 2 because i have great times cruising around and playing races and cops and roibbers against other people.:cool:

dan da man
Jan 14th, 2003, 05:13 PM
command and conquer, red alert 2, yuris revenge and soon to be genrals and unreal2

Spank-A-Thon
Jan 14th, 2003, 05:31 PM
Unreal Tournament 2 - Fragging beautiful! :cool:

- S

DSgamer
Jan 14th, 2003, 09:26 PM
the one and only

COUNTER-STRIKE

KraftSLU
Jan 14th, 2003, 09:38 PM
Starcraft. I have played so many games of that online it makes me sick to think about.

Daedaelus
Jan 14th, 2003, 10:24 PM
Unreal Tournament 2003. There is no better online game.

DSgamer
Jan 14th, 2003, 11:02 PM
Tribes 2

kupoartist
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Unreal Tournament 2003 is the best, but UT1 is a classic that shouldn't be forgotten now that its been effectivly replaced. Quake III was a good deathmatch game until 2003 came along, but now its defunct. Occasionally I also play Homeworld and Science & Industry. I even made the EMS monkeys, and that probably means nothing to anyone :laugh:

dan da man
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:58 PM
anyone think black and white is good online?
i think its ok, but i only got my cow-bull to the age of 14 and then give up!:laugh:

kupoartist
Jan 15th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by dan da man
anyone think black and white is good online?
i think its ok, but i only got my cow-bull to the age of 14 and then give up!:laugh:
to be perfectly honest, black & white was a chore for me when playing it offline. It was just as buggy and lagged to boot online. I did go back to it a while ago, and did actually enjoy the single-player a little. It's a wonderful vision, but a boring game.

Uchiha Sasuke
Jan 16th, 2003, 09:42 PM
My Favorite Online games on the pc would definatley have to go to the HL mods FireArms,Day Of Defeat, and CounterStrike.

ZeroBeat77
Jan 18th, 2003, 05:16 PM
unreal tournament 2003!

dan da man
Jan 18th, 2003, 05:43 PM
i forgot about this old timer medal of honour allied assult, only just started back playing on it today.
should i get counter strike? is it any good?

kupoartist
Jan 18th, 2003, 05:58 PM

i forgot about this old timer medal of honour allied assult, only just started back playing on it today.
should i get counter strike? is it any good?
it's good (and free!) ... it looks a little dated, but its a lot of fun. I just think that walking around requires far less skill than manically jumping around wildly, but CS can be awfully tense (when theres 5 of them vs you.... ouchies :P )

Edit: oh and "the largest online community in the world can't be wrong." actually they can. Lineage sucks... but I was actually refering to the most played that people ever mention: Counter Strike can account for more users than most of the Online FPS' put together :shock:

dan da man
Jan 18th, 2003, 06:04 PM
u mean u just walk around on counter stike? cant u atleast run? oh and if u dont mind how many weapons are they?

kupoartist
Jan 18th, 2003, 06:14 PM

u mean u just walk around on counter stike? cant u atleast run? oh and if u dont mind how many weapons are they?
sure you can run... but footsteps are intentionally loud. Stamp into a room and you get a shootgun to the face, which means a pretty quick death.

As for weapons... theres a lot. Terrorists get certain things the Counter-Terrorists don't and vice versa. I'd estimate around 30 weapons but you can only carry-

a knife, a pistol, a rifle/shotgun, grenades and the C4 (if you're the one who's made to plant it)

and you have to buy weapons, otherwise you'll be running around with a iddy-biddy glock, which is about as effective as a rubber-band. The guns are all real-world, and they're supposedly realistic... not that I've actually fired an mp5, colt or ak47 :LAUGH:

Silent Assassin
Jan 28th, 2003, 04:34 PM
Liquid we gotta get coach to let us play again