PDA

View Full Version : how come everybody here has to be.....

XboxKiller
Jan 14th, 2003, 02:47 PM
this is kind of dump but I'll write anyways. Am 16 years old and when I am reading things on the forum I feel dump. why you
ask all of you write so friggin good and fancy. I misspell like almost every word I write. and I almost never use commas and any type of punctuation. damn am dump.
how old are you guys and are you out of school yet.

( am still in high school by the way.)

Daedaelus
Jan 14th, 2003, 03:05 PM
I'm 22, and in my sophmore year of med-school.

Anyways, it really doesn't matter how you type, since a forum is a casual place.

JC Denton
Jan 14th, 2003, 03:26 PM
hello to you to.......

im 15 and in secondary school

Pu the Owl
Jan 14th, 2003, 03:30 PM
You're not the only one to misspell! Trust me! Don't worry about it too much, but if you can, try to correct the mistakes for example by reading the messages more than once before posting :D

BTW, I'm 22 and I'm a University student. This means I'm out of high school o_O;;

Vicious
Jan 14th, 2003, 03:46 PM
I mispell words alot, but i try to go back and read over the post again to correct my mistakes. Im a freshman in high school.:roll: :roll:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 14th, 2003, 03:51 PM
Senior in High school and I don't make mistakes because if I do then when I turn in a paper for EnglishI wouldn't have cared about spelling and not get a grade I deserve.

Sword 4 Hire
Jan 14th, 2003, 04:00 PM
I'm 16, I make plenty of mistakes...but I think playing rpg's helps boost your vocabulary in one way or another so I'll go with that explanation.

Nelo Angelo
Jan 14th, 2003, 04:12 PM
I dunno.

I just do. As long as I can understand what you're saying then I don't care how you type.

Oh, I'm 14 and in High School. :O

David
Jan 14th, 2003, 04:29 PM
I make mistakes with my spelling all the time, will sometimes, but don't worry about spelling here, because no one cares. And im 15, so im in high school, man, exams are coming soon..., why me...:disturb:

0===(====================>

To be forgotten is worse than death...

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 14th, 2003, 04:55 PM
Junior in high school.

DSgamer
Jan 14th, 2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Sword 4 Hire

I'm 16, I make plenty of mistakes...but I think playing rpg's helps boost your vocabulary in one way or another so I'll go with that explanation.
yes it does help, playing ff7 made me learn most of the english vocabulary.

annd doode, ay meik ah loat off misteaks ol da teim

14 years old, still in school

Cloud Benvolio
Jan 14th, 2003, 05:54 PM
I make a few mistakes and sometimes my keyboard doesn't wok right and my sentence get's screwed up.

dan da man
Jan 14th, 2003, 06:09 PM
im at high scool and i make plenty of mistakes, well dosent every one because no one is perfect.

Gadzoox
Jan 14th, 2003, 08:50 PM
I'm 18 and in my last year of high school; taking a weekend 'Pre-animation' course at the moment. Fun fun.

I try to spell correctly, because frankly when people use 'internet slang' like '4' instead of 'for' and '2' instead of 'to' and what not, its really bothers me. But don't change because of that, it's something I have to learn to live with! :laugh:

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 14th, 2003, 09:45 PM
I r teh worser spellar and gramar dan u is. u caint tayk mee en dah worser spellar cahntest, 4 i is teh 1337 bad-spelleeng and gramaring mastar!!1!1!11

Gadzoox
Jan 14th, 2003, 10:31 PM
LOL!
*twitch* *twitch*

Seraph Sephiroth
Jan 14th, 2003, 10:46 PM
I just started college, YAY! I've been typing since I was in elementary school, but I still have to look at the keyboard.. its jst goes faster that way. lol I make lots of typos too.. just keep practicing and soon you'll have the keyboard mastered! :D

Redpyramidhead
Jan 15th, 2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by Fortune

You're not the only one to misspell! Trust me! Don't worry about it too much, but if you can, try to correct the mistakes for example by reading the messages more than once before posting :D

BTW, I'm 22 and I'm a University student. This means I'm out of high school o_O;;

Fortune, you're only 22?? You keep saying how you feel so much older than most people in the forums, but you're not any older than me:laugh:

And XBOXkiller...don't worry about typos or spelling in here...no one really cares.

_RED_ stuff

mark0™
Jan 15th, 2003, 02:57 AM
Im in the second last year oif high school, although I could leave just now, I'm not gonna.

I used to not type so neatly before, I get a bit better now and then, but I think it makes your posts a lot clearer and better to look at, so people can read it easily without misunderstanding any typos or cyber-slang.

Pu the Owl
Jan 15th, 2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Redpyramidhead

Fortune, you're only 22?? You keep saying how you feel so much older than most people in the forums, but you're not any older than me:laugh:

Well, yes, I'm only 22. But real age doesn't count when I say I feel old (btw, 22 is actually being older than the greatest part of the people around here ) XD

vinny10
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:04 AM
Who cares if you mis-spell I doubt any on this forum cares I certinaly don't. Oh yeah, I'm 15 and in Secondary school, I really spend too much time on the computer cause I have my Junior Cert this year.....Important exams for those who have never heard of it before

Deathwatchz
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:24 AM
yeah man, you shouldn't need to worry about it. people are understanding at this site. even though some of us have better grammar doesn't mean anything about what kind of people we are. and even the best of us make mistakes sometimes. I'm probably the smartest mother F$%^&R at my school (ask fantasytiger, i think she would vouch for me) and i STILL screw up on spelling and vocabulary sometimes. BTW, i'm 17 (10 days till im 18) and i'm a senior in high school. even if you do make mistakes and mess up spelling, you shouldn't have to worry about it. there was a guy who i knew at another forum who had a disorder that made it so he COULDN"T spell things straight. he'd have at least 4 or 5 mistakes a sentence, and sometimes you wouldn't be able to understand what he meant. a lot of the people on the net (especially here) will be very understanding and not mention it at all. :D

ssjtrunks13
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:34 AM
Yeah, as long as I can decipher what someone is trying to say I don't really care adn like what everyone else has said many others don't.

Daedaelus
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:36 AM
OFFTOPIC:

@ Fortune: Do you know how old Harry is? Just want to know out of curiosity...

fantasytiger
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:47 AM
yeah deathwatch is our ghetto genius

in vampiric years i am 200,000,000

in human i am 16 :P

anyways my english and grammer are horrible as well believe me i read alot that why i know alota fancy words that and deathwatch always corrects me lol welcome to the forum by the way ;)
and relax we don't bite (well maybe me lol)

anyways i am a junior and i plan to graduate early have fun here

say hi to my mog ziggy

:kupo:........ku ku ku popopo

Deathwatchz
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:54 AM
oh yeah, forgot about that. i have such good grammar cuz' i go through a lot of VERY large books every month. i just polished off a 500 page book in 2 days. i'm a very avid reader~

ssjtrunks13
Jan 15th, 2003, 12:13 PM
500 hundred pages in 2 days? You sound like my brother he also reads much faster than me. I'm not really interested in reading becaus ewhen I try to read a novel it feels like a chore to me. But I can and do read if I have to(like when playing video games) ;)

David
Jan 15th, 2003, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted By gamer

yes it does help, playing ff7 made me learn most of the english vocabulary.

Yeah, same here, I learned to spell better, and learned new words from RPGs.

0===(=======================>

ssjtrunks13
Jan 15th, 2003, 12:26 PM
I have witnessed my 11 year old sister learn a new word from Grandia II. I have also seen words in video games but can't remember what they were.

dan da man
Jan 15th, 2003, 12:54 PM
yes u can learn alot from video games, i learned alot from metal gear solid about terroists and even reading all the codec calls was good for me, mgs is quite a educating game.

Daniel Legge
Jan 15th, 2003, 01:26 PM
well it dont matter if you type badly as long as it is possible to tell what you mean. Im only 15 and im not bad at typeing, It just takes time thats all.

kupoartist
Jan 15th, 2003, 01:44 PM
English is one of my strong points and i'm expected A grades for the subject... but that doesn't mean that my spelling doesn't abjectly suck ... it's nearly as bad as my handwriting and that's bad :laugh: (I don't know how I'm expected good grades either.. I don't read enough and I lack the creative writing skills that I wish I had...) . At the end of the day, I guess it's just a matter of whether people can tell what you're saying :happy:

Oh and I'm 16 ( and not sweet 16 for sure :laugh: ) and still at Secondary School... eap! GCSEs!

jjmoohead
Jan 15th, 2003, 02:01 PM
Lets see, if anyone knows me, and most of you do, cause afterall i am the ruler of the universe. You will know that I do not always have the grammer included in my sentace structure. I find it only takes up my time to backspace when I make mistakes. I do read it over from time to time and fix little stuff, but I dont always see the need to capitalize my i's and the start of new sentances.

I am 21 in my 4th year of 5 at a University in Canada taking a degree to one day become a teacher.

Chara
Jan 15th, 2003, 04:47 PM
I are 15 and steel en high skool.

and huked un foniks werked 4 me!

DragonSphere
Jan 15th, 2003, 06:22 PM
The only reason why I try to type "properly" is that I'm just used to it. After all those typed essays and whatnot in high school, you'd eventually expect to see some good come out of it. ;)

15--Freshman

REChick14
Jan 15th, 2003, 07:18 PM
I think I have pretty good grammer. I can spell pretty well. Even though im failing english, its all good. I'll pull that grade up. Oh and Im 15. Im a freshman in highschool.

Infernal Mass
Jan 15th, 2003, 08:11 PM
.. :happy:

http://www.chucky-online.com/gallery/childsplay2/images/chucky_scare.jpg

my l33T grammar OwnZ0rz j00 ALL!

Suzuki_Fanboy
Jan 15th, 2003, 08:35 PM
yea, ur grammer is da 1337 ownzorz us on dis bord. chucky is teh 1337 r0x0rz j00!1!!!!111!!

David
Jan 15th, 2003, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted By jjmoohead

I am 21 in my 4th year of 5 at a University in Canada taking a degree to one day become a teacher.

Good for you, and good luck to you getting a teacher's degree, I wanted to be a teacher when I grow up, but instead, games had invaded my mind, so im going to be a game programmer, I wish good luck to all of you, who wants to make something out of themselves in life.

Sorry, couldn't resist to encourage someone's belief.

0===(======================>

trunks69420
Jan 17th, 2003, 11:11 PM
I'm 18 and a full time slacker. Don't worry about spelling, if you mess it up, no one cares. All of my punctuations are usually wrong anyways.

MADRUCKIS
Jan 18th, 2003, 01:46 AM
Well, I've been writing poetry, short stories, and the like since I first learned to write....and a whole lot of people here know I'm puttin out my 1st book soon. But as for the grammer stuff, don't sweat it. If you met me in real life, you'd swear my written speech was bad, only cause of my use of slang.
But it doesn't take out of a post when you mispel, now over doing it -sure-you'll sound like a pure loser who should be flogged with a barnicle paddle smeared in shark chum.....:peoples:

or.....so....I....I ...heard

And as for me, I'm graduating this June with my Phys Ed diploma, thats a part of the reason my post counts' slowed down. But hell, it was worth it....

ssjtrunks13
Jan 18th, 2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by DragonSphere

The only reason why I try to type "properly" is that I'm just used to it. After all those typed essays and whatnot in high school, you'd eventually expect to see some good come out of it. ;)

15--Freshman

Yeah, that's the same reason why I type properly is because I have been doing it for about 12 years! When I write on paper I still use cursive!:laugh:

mark0™
Jan 18th, 2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by dan da man

yes u can learn alot from video games, i learned alot from metal gear solid about terroists and even reading all the codec calls was good for me, mgs is quite a educating game.

What exactly did you learn about Terrorism?? :confused:

Metal Gear Solid gave a lot of insight into Genetics I think.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 18th, 2003, 02:12 PM
They didi but I hear that it isn't possible to implant nanomachines into people so they can communicate people.(atleast I haven't seen anything on it)

dan da man
Jan 18th, 2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by mark0

What exactly did you learn about Terrorism?? :confused:

Metal Gear Solid gave a lot of insight into Genetics I think.

not alot really, just that before i didnt know that much about terrosits.

MakgSnake
Jan 18th, 2003, 03:16 PM
It really doesn't matter how you type. We aren't giving English Papers here eh. :laugh: I write in one of the worst manners when it comes to English. Before I was worried but now I am cool. I dont care. Like everyone has said.....if people get what you are saying, its all right! :)

Cannibal Clown
Jan 18th, 2003, 04:54 PM
I'm 17 and am a senior. I think i type okay, and my grammer, spelling, and whatever seems pretty okay to me. But nothing more than nonsence seems to come from the posts from me, so I suppose it'd be best if most of you weren't able to read what the f*ck I am saying.

Oh, and perhaps my grammer isn't all that great, emphasizing the swearing mainly. But ohg well, the hell with it i guess.

mark0™
Jan 18th, 2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

They didi but I hear that it isn't possible to implant nanomachines into people so they can communicate people.(atleast I haven't seen anything on it)

Nanotechnology is still really in development, I dont think any nanotechnology has been succesful completed, yet (I may be wrong on that) But of course the game was set in the future and they didnt have to be technology correct on it seeing how it was fiction (after all our governments dont make giant bipedal nuclear tanks, or do they?)

For a little more info on how Nanotechnology will work, click here

http://www.howstuffworks.com/nanotechnology.htm

That website is really good, I recommend you have a little look at it, some of the Articles are simply amazing, that one included

Gadzoox
Jan 18th, 2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

We aren't giving English Papers here eh. :)

I am.
... and you all pass. :)

ssjtrunks13
Jan 19th, 2003, 01:43 PM
Thanks mark0 for the site. I had heard about howstuffworks.com and then I tried doing it but I got something else, maybe I fogot the s.(it doesn't matter though.

dan da man
Jan 19th, 2003, 01:46 PM
thanks mark0 for that site, it is really intresting.

richardramirezs
Jan 19th, 2003, 03:48 PM
I'm almost 26, and my main language is spanish, so many times I misspell words but when ever I can I try to check them on the diccionary or use sinonims ( I don't even know if that last word exists in english!!)
And FORTUNE, you are not old and I looked at your picture and you seem even younger! By the way, do you know how old Harry is???;)

ssjtrunks13
Jan 19th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by richardramirezs

I'm almost 26, and my main language is spanish, so many times I misspell words but when ever I can I try to check them on the diccionary or use sinonims ( I don't even know if that last word exists in english!!)

That word does exist in English.

richardramirezs
Jan 20th, 2003, 01:15 PM
Muchas gracias!!;)

jjmoohead
Jan 20th, 2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by David

Good for you, and good luck to you getting a teacher's degree, I wanted to be a teacher when I grow up, but instead, games had invaded my mind, so im going to be a game programmer, I wish good luck to all of you, who wants to make something out of themselves in life.

Sorry, couldn't resist to encourage someone's belief.

0===(======================>

Hey thanks Dave,

Only 1.4 years to go and Im finnished....YAHOO!!! To think though, i have been in school for 16 straight years no and when i graduate i want to teach school for another 35, MY GOD WHAT WAS I THINKING.

mark0™
Jan 20th, 2003, 02:54 PM
Teaching... :disturb: I could never be a teacher. But good luck on your degree :)
I've got about 1.4 years of high school, then I'll have to decide what the hell I want to do as a career, Tv or Film Producing appeals to me, but its hard to find a University which offers appropriate courses in Scotland and England. :(

XboxKiller
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:30 PM
damn I havent used my computer in like five days I was in california.
anyways I am just saying alot of you write really good and I thought that I was the only 16 year old in these forums and the rest of you were like 25 or something.

(I got alot of reply's from you people):laugh:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 22nd, 2003, 04:42 PM
Forgot to mention I'm 17.

IcyMourdor
Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:14 PM
I'm 17 and I'm two months away from graduating from RHS.:roll:

Piggle_humsy
Jan 23rd, 2003, 05:15 AM
I'm so slow! Like this post is not needed anymore but i thought i'd tell everyone how old i was coz i didnt want to be left out!

I'm 20 (21 this year!) and am a live-in nanny!
Gave up on going to college as i dont like people! :laugh:

And i'm not a great speller either! I just bought a dictionary and thesaurus to keep by my side! :D

Piggle :roll:
x x x x