PDA

View Full Version : 8 Mile

JC Denton
Jan 14th, 2003, 01:59 PM
i just saw 8 mile on saturday, i thought i was quite good, even though it ended a bit suddenly. What did you think of it?

ssjtrunks13
Jan 14th, 2003, 03:46 PM
Did it just come out in the UK?(just wondering since you saw it saturday, the DVD isn't out yet, aden I can't find it in thetres anywhere) It has been out over here for months but I will say what I thought about it though.

I liked the movie a lot, I knew it was going to be good before I saw it because Eminem was in it. I can't wait for the DVD to come out.

dan da man
Jan 14th, 2003, 06:50 PM
yes trunks the movie is out in the uk now, i still need to see the new james bond, then 8 mile.

vinny10
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:48 AM
It didn't come out here yet......but this is Ireland and we get everything about a year after everyone else does. It's comming out this Friday and I haven't a notion of getting in as it is 18's over here and only15's in England. This country is way to strict, it's only a film with some bad language for **** sake.:frust: :mad: :disturb: :peoples:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 15th, 2003, 11:32 AM
I'm afraid it has more than just bad language.

Deathwatchz
Jan 15th, 2003, 12:00 PM
yeah. it's 18+ here in detroit too. and on top of it, you have to be 25+ to buy a ticket for someone else!!!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 15th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Deathwatchz

yeah. it's 18+ here in detroit too. and on top of it, you have to be 25+ to buy a ticket for someone else!!!

18+ in Detroit? WOW, over here it is only 17+. But I was lucky that when I went to go see it my dad saw it with me because I had forgotten where I put my ID.

dan da man
Jan 15th, 2003, 12:51 PM
wow, in england its only rated 15!
its not a bad film, just swearing and a bit of violence.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 15th, 2003, 12:53 PM
But there was something else.(WHat did you do fall asleep j/k:laugh:)

dan da man
Jan 15th, 2003, 12:56 PM
oh no trunks i havent seen the film yet, so yes i missed that out lol:laugh:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:06 PM
So, What are you waiting for go see the movie ASAP!

dan da man
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:12 PM
ASAP??:peoples:

ssjtrunks13
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:25 PM
As Soon As Possible, ASAP!

dan da man
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:32 PM
yes i will see it ASAP:D

ssjtrunks13
Jan 15th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Well, I hope those who haven't seen it over there and goes to see it likes the movie. It was the bestmovie in it's genre I have seen.

dan da man
Jan 15th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

It was the bestmovie in it's genre I have seen.

REALY, i will have to check this film out ASAP! i havent heard anyone said it was a bad fiml yet, everyone says it realy good.

MakgSnake
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:12 PM
Aah, One of my fav movies of all time. This movie simply rocked. I loved every second of it. First Day Second Show!! :D

I simply CANNOT wait for the DVD release....... damn!

Chara
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:21 PM
I already have it on DVD. :)

MakgSnake
Jan 15th, 2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Chara

Is it one of those Pirated (Cinema Version) DVD. I wouldn't want that. I would rather have with digital screening, WIDE SCREEN. :) and with all the extras and "Lose Yourself" video.

dan da man
Jan 16th, 2003, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Chara

u mean VCD right?

i had spiderman on of those from the U.S., u can hear cell phones going off in the back ground lol.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 16th, 2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

I simply CANNOT wait for the DVD release....... damn![/color]

You and me both. Why won't they release it already. I just hope it doesn't come out as long as it took the Babershop DVD to come out.

MakgSnake
Jan 16th, 2003, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by ssjtrunks13

You and me both. Why won't they release it already. I just hope it doesn't come out as long as it took the Babershop DVD to come out.
I really do hope not. Till now I havn't heard a single thing about the 8Mile DvD. Best Buy usually gets DVD 1 1/2 weeks before the release. Whenever we get one, I'll keep one aside for me, I'll get some discount on it too.! :)

Piggle_humsy
Jan 17th, 2003, 05:03 AM
Well i haven't seen the film yet as no-one wants to go see it with me! (i'll talk them into it!)

But apparently eminem could be getting an Oscar for it! Best breakthrough performance i think!
I hope he does! I never thought eminem would ever get an oscar! lol! We'll see! as they might not give it too him, y'know bad image, dont want it associated with them! Blah blah blah!

Ok! What do you think? Could eminem get an oscar? :confused:

Piggle :roll:
x x x x

Chara
Jan 17th, 2003, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by MakgSnake

Is it one of those Pirated (Cinema Version) DVD. I wouldn't want that. I would rather have with digital screening, WIDE SCREEN. :) and with all the extras and "Lose Yourself" video.

Yeah, its pirated. I dont rally care much for extras on DVD's so it doesnt bother me. Also I got it for free a few days after the movie came out so I am not complaining. The only problem with it is that the screen is zoomed in a tad bit too much and you only see the middle. I am dissapointed with my DVD (*ahem VCD, sorry damn) supplier. Very disappointed. He can do better.

ssjtrunks13
Jan 17th, 2003, 03:35 PM
I think he should win some award for this movie.

dan da man
Jan 17th, 2003, 05:31 PM
ah dont worry im sure eminem will win somekind of award for 8 mile!

ssjtrunks13
Jan 21st, 2003, 10:33 AM
I just checked the Best Buy website and it says March 18, why? That means it is coming out as long as it took the Barbershop DVD.

What about all the awards the website says the movie has won? Before that I haven't heard anything. Also, When are the Grammies?

Has any of our European users seen it yet that hadn't before?